* * * * * 14 votes

Epitalon (Split from Astragalus thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

#931 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

Perhaps over time, Epitalon destroys taste buds ? lol

Well, that is your experience, mine is as posted.

#932 Dreamer

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

I have taken AGAG/Epitalon sub-l for a couple of years from a few differrent sources and have never noticed any particular taste, let alone a bad taste.

There is quite a bit of information out there that discusses the shelf life of AGAG/Epitalon, how to store and the level of degradation that might be experienced over time.  After reading  what I have on the matter, I have always stored my unmixed product in the freezer and mix only small amounts for use and keep that in the refrigerator.

I believe the pill form may degrade too quickly and see no advantage to that form.  YMMV.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#933 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:11 PM

Thank you Zorba. I am very new to Epitalon, and have been taking it for about one month. I use one supplier, whose name perhaps I shall message to you. There is a very noticeable taste to it. I see  a few people inject a mixture, which I will not do, but I do order 5mg small bottles, mixed with filtered water, placed under the tongue. I have seen some recommend also mixing with a white wine.

I am looking forward to the sublingual pills, due US mail today.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#934 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:23 PM

^is your supplier cheaper than super-nutrition and available to the public?

#935 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

replacement said to be shipped Tuesday from local state supplier. Not received as of Thursday..( 60 miles away) should be next day.

#936 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:36 AM

Said to be re shipped Tuesday locally, no receipt as of Friday. looks like a scam. www.super-nutrition.com

I ordered epitalon on March 20, this is now April 26.

#937 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

If anyone actually receives an order from super-nutrition.com, I would be very interested to hear about it.

I placed an order a while back which I never received - they were very slow to responding to emails but eventually said it could take up to 4 weeks to arrive. It never arrived in this time so I had to open a dispute via Paypal - they never responded and Paypal eventually refunded me.

I was ordering to the UK so I guess I can't entirely rule out a customs issue but I have ordered many other supplement type things before without any problem.

I have my doubts about the effectiveness of this oral pill form of Epitalon but it seems to be the most easily obtainable form of the peptide at the moment - that is, if anyone actually managed to get it from them.

• Informative x 1

#938 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Hi there, and thanks for your experience. It IS apparently a scam. I am surprised though, that there is NOTHING posted on the blogs regarding this problem. Well, there is now . I ordered with a credit card, and once paid for, I can't get the money back. I looked for Pay Pal option, but apparently they have taken down that option, probably because Pay Pal will refund upon complaint.

Out $250.

They did offer me a refund at the web site, so I shall try for that, but I don't think I shall get anything.

Rich

#939 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

They are also mint flavoured...Epitalon does not taste good

Epitalon, in water, at 1mg per drop is tasteless in my experience.

Get mine from Genscript and do a dosage of 5 mg per drop mixed 10:1 with unflavored vodka and distilled water which is tasteless in my experience too.  A few weeks ago someone gave me a mini-bar sample-sized bottle of Smirnoff fluffed marshmellow flavored vodka and I tried that in my mix.  Only downside is that it tastes so nice it might make me salivate a bit more.

Howard

#940 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Who needs Epitalon at all with marshmallow flavored Vodka ? Sounds good to me.

I looked at Genscript and saw nothing on Epitalon. Is it special order through e mail  ?

Thanks

#941 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

Received Epitalon today from Super-nutrition.com. It arrived one week after the company said it was reshipped. It was shipped from Olean New York.

#942 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

I just got some epitalon from superpeptides along with selank. Both of them are fluffy flaky white cotton ball consistency. Is this a normal texture for two unrelated peptides or is this stuff fake?

#943 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:54 PM

Who needs Epitalon at all with marshmallow flavored Vodka ? Sounds good to me.

I looked at Genscript and saw nothing on Epitalon. Is it special order through e mail  ?

Thanks

Yes you need to tell then to synthesize it for you -- its not really a commercial source, mostly for labs.  If you buy enough the price is quite cheap.  You can get the AA sequence from the web it's pretty easy.   I have heard they are more selective in who they sell to now which is understandable.  Given the popularity of this substance its a good business opportunity to buy a peptide synthesizer...some day it may be on the shelf with melatonin but right now there is a bit of price gouging going on IMO -- but more competition will fix that...

#944 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

Mine came the same way from GeoPeptides ( white and fluffy) I do not know how good it is, but I did get the dreams that are part of all this.

I just received 98% pure epitalon from another party, and it is clear rather than fluffy white. I think the fluffy happens when the Epitalon is exposed to moisture in air, but may or may not affect the value of the product.

I also just received my sublingual 3 mg x 60 Epitalon. It comes out to about 1.50 a mg. Not bad. Geopeptides is about $40 for 5MG. I am hoping to become of group buys, which apparently are about 30 cents an MG.

If group buys or costs are taken into account, Smart city Epitalon at $1.50 per mg is not bad at all. Made in the US, but purchased through Luxembourg. No mixing or worries about needles or contamination... however, obviously group buys from a peptide manufacturer is the way to go.

On the sublingual at 1,.50 an mg, a daily dose ends up costing  about $10.  pricey, but better than what I was paying in my one week trial at $5 an MG.

Remember that TA65, would cost me $45 a day  at the recommended dose for my age at 70.... and it only STIMULATES production, in VERY small amounts of telomerase. This is the Real Thing.

I have ordered DMSO, both in liquid and cream form. I think I shall put some Epitalon in the cream jar, and play with that...

any ideas on the DMSO and AGAG appreciated.

#945 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks Zorba, I made my last post before your response appeared.

#946 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:35 PM

Epitalon , at www.super-nutrion.com, is temporarily unavailable. I have received my order, and at about $1.50 an mg, that is not a bad price. At bio peptides, their charge is $1.00 an mg, with a minimum order of $300. ( they synthesize it for you). There may be cheaper places, but again, this is handy. I have not checked out GeoPeptides.... but these are advertised prices, online.

The sublingual pill is handy, and no measuring or tinkering involved.

I am NOT saying I would not take part in a group purchase at a low price... but as we all know, it is hard to get linked up for a discounted price when starting out.

#947 DorianGrey

• 152 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:50 PM

Hi,

This is unrelated to a group buy or supply:

I also admit I might have overlooked it in the 32 pages this thread has so far, but is there any independent evidence that Epitalon actually lengthens telomers, other than these initial Russian publications by Anisimov ?

I tried my friends Google, Bing and Medline but basically no independent robust study popped up. There have been quite some improvements in measuring telomers with different methods in the last decade so I wonder why no one ever repeated these studies in mammals or maybe cell culture (like human fibroblasts?). I am not too interested in nematodes or drosophila. 

I can imagine that Epitalon (or Vilon etc.) improve sleep in the elderly, which reduces stress markers and this way should slow down telomer attrition. There's a theory the tetrapeptide would stabilize the short-lived telomerase up to 200fold but I haven't seen any hard evidence either. 

• like x 2

#948 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Hello Dorian

Strange, but your picture never gets older :-)

I don't know much about the subject, but I have read most of the original papers. But your point is well taken, why no further testing, even though accuracy and methods may have changed.(?)

One has to trust the Russian Academy ( Gerontology) this is no clown outfit, but I agree, IF this stuff was so good, why not other studies. The papers are on file with the US boards, so they were accepted as valid. Perhaps someone with more knowledge  can add something. I am playing with the stuff, and I don't care so much about telomerase, as we really don't know IF telomeres extend life... but Hugos pictures of himself in a before and after in 6 months are compelling, so I shall give it a try.

I have been involved in ancestry through DNA for some time, and this is my new interest. For the record, I have my own DNA SNP.

R1-PF4363. I may very well be the LAST one also. I want to be around long enough to find out what PF4363 may mean.

#949 DorianGrey

• 152 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 01:38 PM

I've worked in science and the motto is "publish or perish", so data quality depends on a number of factors and a reviewer can only do so much. There have been many peer reviewed papers, especially regarding stem cell research but even in areas like physics, that have been withdrawn in recent years. So just because a finding was published doesn't mean it's true, which is ok, it's impossible to validate or repeat every experiment and many findings aren't worth it or just confirm established knowledge somehow. But a verification by an independent group is a requirement, especially if the outcome is some kind of a breakthrough or unexpected.

It's the same with the C60 olive oil. There's this small scale study from France with some long-lived rats that was never repeated. Maybe it's just changes in hydroxytyrosol and oleuropein level when dissolving the C60 that caused the effect, or it's another lab artifact. But there's a whole bunch of people that think C60 is the holy grail. And no repeat in 6 years, even by the same research group? So, how come even these people don't trust the data that one of them generated which could be major breakthrough? 

Edited by DorianGrey, 02 May 2014 - 01:40 PM.

• like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#950 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:30 PM

I've worked in science and the motto is "publish or perish", so data quality depends on a number of factors and a reviewer can only do so much. There have been many peer reviewed papers, especially regarding stem cell research but even in areas like physics, that have been withdrawn in recent years. So just because a finding was published doesn't mean it's true, which is ok, it's impossible to validate or repeat every experiment and many findings aren't worth it or just confirm established knowledge somehow. But a verification by an independent group is a requirement, especially if the outcome is some kind of a breakthrough or unexpected.

It's the same with the C60 olive oil. There's this small scale study from France with some long-lived rats that was never repeated. Maybe it's just changes in hydroxytyrosol and oleuropein level when dissolving the C60 that caused the effect, or it's another lab artifact. But there's a whole bunch of people that think C60 is the holy grail. And no repeat in 6 years, even by the same research group? So, how come even these people don't trust the data that one of them generated which could be major breakthrough? 

Although I agree in principle that reproducibility of results is important, your Baati timeline is wrong.  It has not been 6 years.  Although it might seem like we've been discussing it here forever, the first post on Longecity about the Baati study was in mid April of 2012, right after the advance availability of the study on the Internet.  First publication in print wasn't until June 2012. 

Also keep in mind that the first c60 treated rat to die in the Baati study was 60 months old.  The last was 66 months old.

Howard

#951 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:24 PM

Although I agree in principle that reproducibility of results is important, your Baati timeline is wrong.  It has not been 6 years.  Although it might seem like we've been discussing it here forever, the first post on Longecity about the Baati study was in mid April of 2012, right after the advance availability of the study on the Internet.  First publication in print wasn't until June 2012. 

Also keep in mind that the first c60 treated rat to die in the Baati study was 60 months old.  The last was 66 months old.

Howard

All good logic, but we are daring group first, aren't we.

So, here's a question for the group. I think I'll start a new topic about it.

Of all the anti-aging experimental molecules that we've all been trying and have experience with, how would each of us rate them?

I've only had a little bit of experience with Epitalon, not enough to actually notice anything.

Where C60oo will remain in my regimen for as long as I live, hopefully to the 150+ year mark.

As well, spermidine, if I can detect improvements in several areas, appears to be worth continuing, based on what I perceive to be energizing effects.

There are numerous store-bought nutrients,  but none seems to have as much merit as C60oo and spermidine.

What say ye?

#952 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 03:24 PM

I have had the super nutrition Epitalon for about a month, and have only used it four times ( 3 mg per). Each time, I developed a blister or ulcer under the tongue, and they are painful.

I do not recommend this product.

Rich

#953 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

I have had the super nutrition Epitalon for about a month, and have only used it four times ( 3 mg per). Each time, I developed a blister or ulcer under the tongue, and they are painful.

I do not recommend this product.

Rich

I wonder what it really is?  I have been taking 1.5g/day (from Sciwalk) for some time and never had an issue like that.

#954 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:11 AM

It is a sublingual pill. Additional stuff is silicon dioxide, which may be present to help uptake, perhaps that is the problem. I have e mailed Smart City ( super nutrition) asking for a refund.

The scary part is that I just got out of the hospital, 6 days ICU, for bleeding gastric ulcers, 6 of them. I was seeing a dentist and overdid the Ibuprofin, which apparently opened up past unknown ulcers. I hope the Epitalon pill did not take any part in this, but I will bring it up to them, and my doctor tomorrow, when I see him for a follow up.

If it did this to my mouth, I wonder what it did to my stomach. Probably not much, as it was already dissolved. However, the carrier may interact with Ibuprofin.

#955 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:22 AM

apparently the magnesium and silica dioxide are normal additives in vitamins etc. I tend to have a tenderness on the tongue when taking any Epitalon though. Perhaps it is a personal issue, a sort of allergy. Again, I would not put the ulcer issue on Epitalon.

Any readers having a similar situation ?

Again, I am having a LOT of dental work done, including root canals. ALL Epitalon is taken oraly.

#956 Authentic

• 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:04 AM

If someone is in Canada and wants free Epitalon please PM me.  It had only negative side effects and now it's just sitting in a deep freezer.  I won't be trying it again especially after the positive effects I've personally experienced on C60.

#957 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

Super nutrition  will not give me  a refund, as is not interested in testing the pills. I am thinking there is something wrong. Does anyone know where I might get  these tested ? Seems to me if a customer got mouth and stomache ulcers, they would want a pill back for testing. Again, I don't think I got stomach ulcers from this, but it WAS a coincidental thing. But then again, I really don't know.

Thanks

#958 sedstanislav

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

Buy epithalon injections can be in Russia. Shipping Worldwide. Prices are lower than the U.S.     I can give the address  

• dislike x 1

#959 Gramson

• 135 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

New report

If I could delete some prior posts, I would do so.

Apparently my problems with Super Nutrition Epitalon were due to other oral intake, and also perhaps dental work. I tried half a pill sublingually, and was ok, then a full 3 mg pill, no problem. This is AFTER dental work. I also moved the pill around in my mouth, rather than leave it under the tongue in one position.

I DID feel a tenderness on my inside lower lip after this, so I am rinsing off my lower lip with water after taking the pill.

I don't think this should be occurring, but this may be a personal sensitivity to this pill.

I am feeling really good.

As the price is reasonable at about a $1.50 a n MG, I shall reorder.

#960 Nemo888

• 214 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

The lab trying to monetize this peptide was either wrong or trying to scam a pharma company into buying them up. It's been over 17 years. There are no confirmational studies and no investors. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Just take melatonin and don't bother with this.

P.S. Never buy peptides from China. Seriously.
  • like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users