Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 14 votes

Epitalon (Split from Astragalus thread)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1755 replies to this topic

#1561 YOLF

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:44 AM

No , not at all. Apparently my first report SHOULD have been around 50, as they called me on the low score, but perhaps thought something was wrong with their equipment after calling me, and reported as 71. BUT, another person might have finalized the test, and did something wrong. THey DID call me asking what I was taking.

The 47 would be accurate, and what I was expecting, due to that phone call.

anyway, get a test before starting a program, if possible, to see if you show gains.

How about taking a picture. What do you think about buying a USB endoscope and using it for close up pics of the skin on your face and elsewhere? I noticed with mine the other day that this is one of the best cameras for this kind of thing, and they aren't all that expensive. I think I paid $40 for my Depstech endoscope on Amazon.

#1562 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:59 PM

I have been taking 2mg a day for about three years, and three vials a year.

When you say 3 vials per year does this mean 1x100mg vial every 4 months?

Since this January 2017, I am taking 10MG a day. I have taken three vials

And at the 10mg/d dose have you used the 3 vials back to back (i.e. 300mg over 30 days@10mg/d) or 3 10-day cycles x 100mg each?

Thanks!

#1563 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

"Correct dosage"

I wonder, how much of Epitalon would be needed to make a real shift in appearance, structure and dynamics. Do you guys think, every cell needs a certain amount? And what would this amount be?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#1564 DareDevil

• 283 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

hello all

been a while since I posted. An interesting development has occurred.

I have been taking Epitalon sub q for about three years now, and last February 2017, I sent for a telomere length report with TeloYears ( $89).

Hi Gramson,

Are you sure you paid only $89 a few months ago for this service? It's not reversing my age but instead giving me Gray Hairs when I see their price hike. TeloYears is now asking $129 for the same test, that's practically a 50% increase in sales price! Since I already know I'm younger than the birthdate on my ID I will spare them the trouble of testing me.

DareDevil

#1565 stolpioni

• 114 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:49 AM

The interview was taken when he was 66 years old. He was not talking about his appearance

I think I am physically and mentally not more than 45 years old 

Would be interesting to compare him with Ray Kurzweil, Engineering director of Google, who made similar claims :-)

Ray Kurzweil looks terrible. He looks like an evil, greedy goblin merchant.

Some people age well. Look at Putin when he was young, he looked like the product of a nuclear disaster. Now as he's aged he looks more human and not bad at all.

Putin had a lot of plastic surgery done though.

Anyway, On Topic: What is the consenus, does this cause cancer or not? Any benefit taking it as a 27 year old?

#1566 sciwalk

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:29 AM

I know I have said it before but it is worth saying again, and again, and again.
Do not depend solely upon something like AEDG or NAD+.  Rather, and again not only, take together those things that will work synergistically AND (BIG AND) combine with a proper diet + exercise.
AEDG will engage the cells to renew
NAD+ will give the cells the fuel they need to renew
Exercise and a healthy diet will tie all together in making you healthy, resist disease and look/live longer.

AEDG and NAD+ are not going to do so much in the way of appearance, alone.  That comes with exercise and healthy eating.  These things work more internally which does, in the end, represent itself externally but remember that, especially for us older folk, getting to the old state (looks) that we are took a long time and actually in some ways is now conditioned into things like our skin (wrinkles).  Don't be afraid to do something about wrinkles, fat and hair loss, knowing that all the above are gong to help you to maintain that much longer.

I can't believe how long ago it seems that I started this thread.  Its been a wild and interesting ride for me since then.  It really is brave new world we live in now, isn't it?

Cheers,
Hugo

Edited by sciwalk, 19 October 2017 - 12:31 AM.

• Agree x 2
  • Informative x 1

#1567 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:28 AM

Why does epitalon need to be cycle? If I take it daily, will something bad happen or it's just useless?

#1568 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:00 PM

You can do Epi with different regimes. The Russians recommend some patients to take 0,5mg/d and some other patients to cycle every 6 months.

#1569 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:24 AM

Thanks mike. I guess my question was, if I took the cycling dose, let's say 5 or 10 mg daily. Beside being costly, could it be detrimental for your health, or it's fine but just useless.

#1570 mike888

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:29 AM

the cycling dose, let's say 5 or 10 mg daily

this is exactly the dosis the Russians recommend. Btw. even dosages of more than several grams are not detriemental for your health (if you can afford them). I know of a guy how got for 5 days 500mg dosages from the Russian doctors

#1571 calm--

• 127 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

Is that 100 mg each day for 5 days, or 500 mg each day? Are there extra benefits of taking more than the recommended dose?

#1572 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 02:52 PM

What kind of research do we have to support Epitalon use, besides all research that is coming in its entirety from Khavanoski? (And it would be difficult to say he doesn't have a vast interest in marketing Epitalon as he spent most of his career on researching mainly this peptide, buying patents and using it on patients for a lot of money).

Someone here reported to have a great result from his Teloyears test, suggesting the Epitalon may have helped with that. But if you look around on Longecity someone else reported that the Teloyears test stated the age of his cells in Teloyears was  <20 years old, while he was 50 years old. This guy didn't use Epitalon at all and suggested something else he used may have contributed to the result of his Teloyears test. How accurate is this Teloyears test believed to be??

I'm all for trying out anything that may increase health/lifespan or I wouldn't be reading this topic, but I've seen awfully little research supporting Epitalon. Would be incredibly interested to see it though. Up until now it seems as if Sciwalk came here raving about his Epitalon-use and then became (or was?) the marketing director of the company selling it according to his information on Alibaba. No offense, just wondering how much independent research we really have to back up the use of Epitalon besides wild personal claims. Because like many I'm interested in Epitalon but I'm not sure if that interest is even warranted as I've not seen any independent research to support any claims made ...and that in a topic going on nearly 6 years! Astonishing.

Where are all those people posting in this topic years ago that used Epitalon, for example Dreamer? Do they still use it? He said he was 72 at the time and had been using it for 2 years back then determined to keep using it, so it would be interesting to hear how after 6(?) years of using Epitalon he is doing.

Edited by Moondancer, 25 October 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#1573 YOLF

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:34 PM

Well, I haven't tried it yet, but I'm a fairly young, and trusted regular here and will most certainly publish my results if you guys want to foot the bill for materials and testing. LongeCity will pay for the second set of tests.

The problem with testing on a 72 year old is that if they die in a few years, there is no way to know what caused it. It's very likely that he came here with dementia and has since been placed in hospice.

I'm also sitting on a pile of cycloastragenol and astragaloside IV that could be used after the epitalon to compare results.

• Good Point x 1

#1574 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

The problem with testing on a 72 year old is that if they die in a few years, there is no way to know what caused it. It's very likely that he came here with dementia and has since been placed in hospice.

???

Either way, how much credibility is still given at this time in scientific circles to the telomeres theory of aging? I'm reading so much conflicting info that I'm losing track of the overall appreciation of the telomeres theory of aging at this point.

#1575 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

What kind of research do we have to support Epitalon use, besides all research that is coming in its entirety from Khavanoski? (And it would be difficult to say he doesn't have a vast interest in marketing Epitalon as he spent most of his career on researching mainly this peptide, buying patents and using it on patients for a lot of money).

Someone here reported to have a great result from his Teloyears test, suggesting the Epitalon may have helped with that. But if you look around on Longecity someone else reported that the Teloyears test stated the age of his cells in Teloyears was  <20 years old, while he was 50 years old. This guy didn't use Epitalon at all and suggested something else he used may have contributed to the result of his Teloyears test. How accurate is this Teloyears test believed to be??

I'm all for trying out anything that may increase health/lifespan or I wouldn't be reading this topic, but I've seen awfully little research supporting Epitalon. Would be incredibly interested to see it though. Up until now it seems as if Sciwalk came here raving about his Epitalon-use and then became (or was?) the marketing director of the company selling it according to his information on Alibaba. No offense, just wondering how much independent research we really have to back up the use of Epitalon besides wild personal claims. Because like many I'm interested in Epitalon but I'm not sure if that interest is even warranted as I've not seen any independent research to support any claims made ...and that in a topic going on nearly 6 years! Astonishing.

Where are all those people posting in this topic years ago that used Epitalon, for example Dreamer? Do they still use it? He said he was 72 at the time and had been using it for 2 years back then determined to keep using it, so it would be interesting to hear how after 6(?) years of using Epitalon he is doing.

Actually, Khavanoski has not researched a thing about Epitalon. OTOH, Khavinson may have ;)

Teloyears is crappy - I would not use it.

FWIW, I liked the effects of Epitalon and reordered after my first cycle. You are free to to skip it if unconvinced.

Telomeres are just one of the many pieces of aging - I think telomere attrition becomes more important later in life when their length becomes short enough to cause critical errors in replication.

The fact that Epitalon made me feel more energetic while on it leads me to believe that it does more than rebuilding telomeres as I am only 36.

• like x 1

#1576 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

Actually, Khavanoski has not researched a thing about Epitalon. OTOH, Khavinson may have ;)

Teloyears is crappy - I would not use it.

FWIW, I liked the effects of Epitalon and reordered after my first cycle. You are free to to skip it if unconvinced.

Telomeres are just one of the many pieces of aging - I think telomere attrition becomes more important later in life when their length becomes short enough to cause critical errors in replication.

The fact that Epitalon made me feel more energetic while on it leads me to believe that it does more than rebuilding telomeres as I am only 36.

Thank you Aribadabar. Yeah Teloyears indeed doesn't seem very convincing from what I've read thusfar.

Of course I'm free to skip Epitalon, but just like I assume most here I'm interested in using a substance if it has enough data behind it to support some of the (anecdotal) claims made. I don't have boundless amounts of money to spend unfortunately. I prefer to spend that money on those things that I hope may have some potential to slow human aging with some science to back it up. (Sounds too good to be true). I'm stating the obvious, however: I'm just not sure what to make out of Epitalon. I've read the entire topic: unfortunately it's full of arguments and fights, with little substantial information and/or scientific information.

I was advised that biogerontologists don't attach much value to the telomere theory of aging anymore, I have no idea if that is true. Overall looking into Epitalon I ended up with more questions and no answers.

Are you using Epitalon (even at your age) as you feel it may perhaps influence lifespan in the long run? Or mostly because it is giving you other health benefits? Did you have some bloodwork done pre taking the Epitalon and during/afterwards? Do you use the Khavinson  :cool: protocol, using Epitalon 10 days per 6 months/year? Thanks again.

Edited by Moondancer, 25 October 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#1577 YOLF

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:24 PM

???

Either way, how much credibility is still given at this time in scientific circles to the telomeres theory of aging? I'm reading so much conflicting info that I'm losing track of the overall appreciation of the telomeres theory of aging at this point.

Perhaps you were too impressed by it as was I when telomere extension became possible. It did seem logical to assume that this might be the thing that made us age in reverse... but as you say in your next post, it's only a small part of the puzzle, and still a very important one. If you're doing everything but telomere extension... then you're going to run out of telomeres and it will all have been in vain unless something else in your regimen does it without you realizing it. Which could be possible. But for now we have a few ways to extend them and extend them we must, among other things.

• like x 1

#1578 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Perhaps you were too impressed by it as was I when telomere extension became possible. It did seem logical to assume that this might be the thing that made us age in reverse... but as you say in your next post, it's only a small part of the puzzle, and still a very important one. If you're doing everything but telomere extension... then you're going to run out of telomeres and it will all have been in vain unless something else in your regimen does it without you realizing it. Which could be possible. But for now we have a few ways to extend them and extend them we must, among other things.

Thanks Yolf. Is there any more current research you could point me to that still supports the idea that telomere extension could turn back the aging clock? I'm a layman when it comes to biogerontology, that's why I'm asking.

What are known ways to extend telomeres (and supported by scientific research)? Do you use Epitalon yourself?

#1579 YOLF

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:48 PM

I've used cycloastragenol and astragaloside IV. I've seen benefits, but haven't done testing. The simplest part of the idea here is that cells that have longer telomeres can divide more. So assuming you are leveraging other DNA and methylation maintenance capacities and keep a strong immune system, you can push the hayflick limit and that may prevent you from losing stem cells and other important cells and allow for endologous stem cell expansion when such becomes available. Further it is thought that telo length affects DNA expression.

Otherwise, if may turn out that lengthening telomeres in unhealthy cells helps them perpetuate... but this doesn't seem to be the case. Cycloastragenol is now FDA GRAS... though that isn't saying so much as there are GRAS substances which can wreak quite a bit of havoc.

I'm paraphrasing from virtually everything I've learned, so I wouldn't be where to tell you to start. I tend to find minor connections that most don't recognize for their value anyways... so most often on forums it just leads to me giving a long drawn out discussion of something I should be making money from...

• like x 1

#1580 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

Thank you Aribadabar. Yeah Teloyears indeed doesn't seem very convincing from what I've read thusfar.

Of course I'm free to skip Epitalon, but just like I assume most here I'm interested in using a substance if it has enough data behind it to support some of the (anecdotal) claims made. I don't have boundless amounts of money to spend unfortunately. I prefer to spend that money on those things that I hope may have some potential to slow human aging with some science to back it up. (Sounds too good to be true). I'm stating the obvious, however: I'm just not sure what to make out of Epitalon. I've read the entire topic: unfortunately it's full of arguments and fights, with little substantial information and/or scientific information.

I was advised that biogerontologists don't attach much value to the telomere theory of aging anymore, I have no idea if that is true. Overall looking into Epitalon I ended up with more questions and no answers.

Are you using Epitalon (even at your age) as you feel it may perhaps influence lifespan in the long run? Or mostly because it is giving you other health benefits? Did you have some bloodwork done pre taking the Epitalon and during/afterwards? Do you use the Khavinson  :cool: protocol, using Epitalon 10 days per 6 months/year? Thanks again.

Yes, I take it for general health. I do not have bloodwork, pre and post, to prove an improvement in markers, if any, as I would not be able to convince my doctor to prescribe one for "my own reference".

I know that for some (not saying that's you) anecdotal evidence does not count for much, but the fact I was able to wake up refreshed early in the morning while on it (something I cannot claim otherwise) on my own without alarm clock makes me think Epitalon is doing something right.

Yes, I plan to take it for 10 days every 6 months.

What compounds have convinced you so far that they are worth the expense?

#1581 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2017 - 01:42 AM

Thank you Aribadabar. If you experience such a noticeable positive effect from Epitalon I can see why it seems worth taking it. I can feel tired too early morning so in that sense Epitalon looks appealing too. Still it would be interesting to get some bloodwork done. My doctor won't prescribe any bloodtest either without proper indication. I will want to work around that and have some tests done myself one day, but that's not an option currently.

“What compounds have convinced you so far that they are worth the expense?”

Take this with the necessary grain of salt, as I'm an obvious layman as said. I'm in my thirties, no obvious health concerns.  (Next to some vitamins/minerals to ensure I get to RDA-levels) I use a low dose lithium daily and Glycine. Glycine mostly since it has clearly enhanced my sleep, but if it would indeed restrict methionine that would be a nice bonus.

I just ordered NR, although the research results at this time are still not entirely convincing to me. I am not sure whether to play it more on the side of caution and wait longer until more human trials have been conducted.

I've used BPC 157 daily for around 5 months. I started using it to aid in recovery from exercise and I did notice some results. (Although by now the results seem to have diminished somewhat). It was suggested here to use it daily, and with its anti-inflammatory properties it looks like an interesting compound for daily use. I use 250mcg subq. daily now. Still I'm a bit worried if/how it may more permanently upregulate certain growth factors if I use it daily. As the deficiency of at least certain specific growth factors according to research of course might delay aging, I'm sometimes worried I may actually be doing some harm. Yet it is one of the few compounds that give me noticeable results.

Epitalon was one of the compounds I was interested in, as well as Thymalin. Still on the fence about Metformin.

But the more I read here, the more I realize how little I know. Many compounds sound very appealing in theory, but may turn out to be detrimental from a longevity perspective. Yet as many here I don't feel like sitting around doing nothing.

Edited by Moondancer, 26 October 2017 - 01:44 AM.

#1582 sciwalk

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

Did you want me to reply to your accusations, answer your questions about A.E.D.G. or did you just expect me to stay quite in my own thread?

• Good Point x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#1583 YOLF

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:26 AM

Yes, I take it for general health. I do not have bloodwork, pre and post, to prove an improvement in markers, if any, as I would not be able to convince my doctor to prescribe one for "my own reference".

I know that for some (not saying that's you) anecdotal evidence does not count for much, but the fact I was able to wake up refreshed early in the morning while on it (something I cannot claim otherwise) on my own without alarm clock makes me think Epitalon is doing something right.

Yes, I plan to take it for 10 days every 6 months.

What compounds have convinced you so far that they are worth the expense?

There are lots of places where you can order your own lab work. Then you just take the slip to the local lab of your choice. See DirectLabs. They seem to be a price point favorite. They don't measure telomeres though. I do however remember Anthony Leora getting his telomere lengths done with TA65 and some of his other products and I know Liz Parish of BioViva has had hers done, so there must be more telomere testing providers.

#1584 YOLF

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:33 AM

I've used BPC 157 daily for around 5 months. I started using it to aid in recovery from exercise and I did notice some results. (Although by now the results seem to have diminished somewhat). It was suggested here to use it daily, and with its anti-inflammatory properties it looks like an interesting compound for daily use. I use 250mcg subq. daily now. Still I'm a bit worried if/how it may more permanently upregulate certain growth factors if I use it daily. As the deficiency of at least certain specific growth factors according to research of course might delay aging, I'm sometimes worried I may actually be doing some harm. Yet it is one of the few compounds that give me noticeable results.

If you're talking about IGF1 deficient mice living longer, that's a bit different... IGF1 isn't something I want to take by itself all that often, especially orally, but every monotherapy is going to be a trade off. You'll have to take lots of stuff to counteract this or that... so IGF1 deficiency can preserve stem cell ratios longer. But at the same time, It is conceivable that endologous stem cell expansion will be available soon and telomere lengthening will probably preserve stem cell counts. It would be a nice thing to measure next time someone does a study.

#1585 sciwalk

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:00 AM

If you're talking about IGF1 deficient mice living longer, that's a bit different... IGF1 isn't something I want to take by itself all that often, especially orally, but every monotherapy is going to be a trade off. You'll have to take lots of stuff to counteract this or that... so IGF1 deficiency can preserve stem cell ratios longer. But at the same time, It is conceivable that endologous stem cell expansion will be available soon and telomere lengthening will probably preserve stem cell counts. It would be a nice thing to measure next time someone does a study.

Edited by sciwalk, 27 October 2017 - 03:40 AM.

#1586 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

You're right Yolf. I was talking about insuling Growth factor 1, wondering how permanent BPC 157 may upregulate IGF1. And how that may be unwanted, since IGF1 deficient mice lived longer. This is not the topic for that obviously but as Aridabar asked what supplements I found worth using, I came up with this reply as it is something I've been worried about. I take it from your response you think BPC 157 may upregulate IGF 1?

This is one of the reasons although I'm interested in several peptides, I'm also a bit cautious. As there doesn't seem to be much research to answer these kind of questions. And what may seem effective short term may have less ideal side effects in the long run.

#1587 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:12 AM

You're right Yolf. I was talking about insuling Growth factor 1, wondering how permanent BPC 157 may upregulate IGF1. And how that may be unwanted, since IGF1 deficient mice lived longer. This is not the topic for that obviously but as Aridabar asked what supplements I found worth using, I came up with this reply as it is something I've been worried about. I take it from your response you think BPC 157 may upregulate IGF 1?

This is one of the reasons although I'm interested in several peptides, I'm also a bit cautious. As there doesn't seem to be much research to answer these kind of questions. And what may seem effective short term may have less ideal side effects in the long run.

I found much more potent and quick effects on healing various tissue injuries with TB500 than BPC-157.

I'd like to have experienced profound improvements in tissue healing with BPC-157, but have tried it several times with little to report, especially compared to the immediate effect of TB500.

Perhaps my source of BPC-157 did not provide quality BPC-157, but I remember it to be Ceretropic, who after a while discontinued vending BPC-157.

I rationalized that they quit vending it because they found problems in sourcing true BPC-157. Perhaps this is too much a matter of assumption on my part.

However, Ceretropic lost credibility to me when they began vending "Thymalin," which is not the true Thymalin that Khavinson created, but an older iteration, Thymulin. I note that when I tried Elitalon and Thymulin (sold as Thymalin), from Peptide Sciences, they healed huge red lesions that occurred on my calves - and lasted for months - due to exposure to a toxin.

So Epitalon with maybe any thymic peptide would produce beneficial effects. 

Any thoughts from anyone, especially related to BPC-157? May I ask what source is credible? (Please PM me if necessary.)

Thank you!

#1588 YOLF

Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

I guess it depends more on your age. Later in life, it may be bad unless you have a history of stay young regimens in which case you've likely expanded the therapeutic window and could still see benefits. But IGF1 reduction is just one way to extend lifespans. Different methods of calorie restriction such as intermittent fasting have been thought to raise IGF1 and IGF1 is downstream of HGH, which extends healthspan, youthspan, and probably lifespan. Deer Antler velvet (sublingual) is mostly IGF1 and wasn't shown to reduce or extend lifespan in it's many years of use dating back hundreds if not thousands of years. So it would appear that deficiency of IGF1 for lifespan purposes must be during developmental years in order to extend lifespan as Sublingual Deer Antler velvet has always been a medicine for adults. 

Swallowing the stuff may give you an overgrown vagus nerve and distended belly. Always be sure to spit if you use sublingual deer antler and don't use the pills. Topical administration may actually be best.

#1589 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Swallowing the stuff may give you an overgrown vagus nerve and distended belly.

Please, tell me you're joking! The pregnant bodybuilder look comes from injecting huge quantities of igf-1 at the stomach region. No amount of oral ingestion or injection of some over the counter supplement is going to produce any effects even close to the igf-1 bodybuilders use.

• Agree x 1

#1590 YOLF

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Swallowing the stuff may give you an overgrown vagus nerve and distended belly.

Please, tell me you're joking! The pregnant bodybuilder look comes from injecting huge quantities of igf-1 at the stomach region. No amount of oral ingestion or injection of some over the counter supplement is going to produce any effects even close to the igf-1 bodybuilders use.

How much are they using? 

I would think that subcutaneous injection would diffuse into the blood stream very quickly whereas oral antler velvet pills gets slowly absorbed in the gut where they first effect the size of the vagus nerve and the demand for food.

I suppose topical administrations where we aren't prone to fat gain or straight infusions if you can get them would bypass the potential for fat gain?

• unsure x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users