- - - - -

Benzodiazepine Recovery

benzodiazephine

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Propoxy

• 102 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

I'm looking for anything that will help with the mental recovery rate of long term use of benzodiazepines.

Thanks.

#2 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

Piracetam is similar to GABA so it will help out your memory short term. Unsure about long term though. Benzodiazepine seems to change the benzodiazepine receptor to respond greater to GABA. GABA inhibits the stimulation of neurons while Piracetam excites them. Perhaps pirace could reverse this process?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:24 PM

Also protocols that increase brain plasticity and growth. :)

#4 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:15 AM

I'm looking for anything that will help with the mental recovery rate of long term use of benzodiazepines.

Thanks.

CDP choline (can´t find the study)
sulbutiamine

Which benzo/dose did you use?

#5 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:35 AM

klonapin 1mg for a year

#6 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:18 AM

klonapin 1mg for a year

It´s not so high dose. Have you replaced it with other medication?

#7 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:30 AM

Nope I didn't replace it without anything else. stuff been nasty to me has messed with my immune system, cause major depression and intense brain fog.

Edited by Propoxy, 31 December 2011 - 04:33 AM.

#8 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

Did you end up trying my favourite combo?

#9 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 06:05 AM

yeah but thanks to the klonapin my immune system doesnt like drug binders and cause all kinds of problem for me can only tolerate liquid forms of drugs atm. I can only take DHA and im getting my choline from egg :dry: .

#10 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hmm.. Well the UMP variety of uridine and alpha-gpc components are instantly water soluble, if that helps you?

There is also a soluble B group vitamin & multi called Berocca (from Bayer), which I also use.

Edited by MrHappy, 31 December 2011 - 08:02 AM.

#11 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

yeah but thanks to the klonapin my immune system doesnt like drug binders and cause all kinds of problem for me can only tolerate liquid forms of drugs atm. I can only take DHA and im getting my choline from egg :dry: .

Is this a problem with klonopin or all benzos?

#12 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:25 PM

Never had anything like that with Lorazepam and Diazepam. Might be conincidental, too....

#13 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:25 AM

does anyone know any tips on dealing with withdrawal?

#14 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Sure do. Essentially, depending on the benzo you are taking, you augment your regular dose with another, eg. valium/diazepam and then very, very gradually taper off both. Depending on what you are on, the bridging process may need to happen a couple of times. It's not a short process.

There is a link/schedule I mentioned in VioletVol's anxiety, ocd, depression thread, towards the bottom of the page:
http://www.longecity...ns/page__st__60

And here:
http://www.non-benzo...k/zolpidem.html

Hope that helps..

#15 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

so far ive found fish oil, exercise and cocount oil. Anyone else know of something that would help with withdrawal from benzodiazepine?

#16 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

Most GABA related supplements..

#17 sam7777

• 162 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:10 PM

get some high quality liquid syrup or tincture of ashwaganda. If you can find spikenard that helps as well. Valerian syrups as well, but have to be fairly strong. Keep up the exercise, bed by 10, rise at dawn. Potentially some isocort for breakfast for several weeks. Your adrenals are out of whack because of the benzos.

#18 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

Thanks.

BACOPA MONNIERI extract might prove helpful, since this has been shown in animal studies to upregulate down-regulated GABA receptors:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20153260

and specifically to reverse the effects of Diazepam on the benzodiazepine pathway:
http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/18193203

#19 sapentia

• 94 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:29 PM

A couple years ago I helped a friend come off Klonopin; she was on 3mg and was on Zoloft as well and something else I can't remember. I directed her schedule to come off it which took six months titrating the dosage down fractionally each day via suspending the Klonopin in aqueous solution. Even taking 6 months she had some really rough times; many people recommend taking 1 year or more to come off it. Klonopin is very nasty stuff and it angers me how freely general physicians are to put adults and especially teenagers on it.

It took my friend another full year to fully get past the withdrawal symptoms but she is doing very well now. A site you may want to check out for reference and support is http://www.benzobuddies.org/

In my opinion, you need to just have good nutritional support to include basics like fish oils and other healthy fatty acids. Your brain has to re-adjust to normal conditions which includes the slow upregulation of your GABA receptors; this does not happen quickly.

#20 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

A couple years ago I helped a friend come off Klonopin; she was on 3mg and was on Zoloft as well and something else I can't remember. I directed her schedule to come off it which took six months titrating the dosage down fractionally each day via suspending the Klonopin in aqueous solution. Even taking 6 months she had some really rough times; many people recommend taking 1 year or more to come off it. Klonopin is very nasty stuff and it angers me how freely general physicians are to put adults and especially teenagers on it.

It took my friend another full year to fully get past the withdrawal symptoms but she is doing very well now. A site you may want to check out for reference and support is http://www.benzobuddies.org/

In my opinion, you need to just have good nutritional support to include basics like fish oils and other healthy fatty acids. Your brain has to re-adjust to normal conditions which includes the slow upregulation of your GABA receptors; this does not happen quickly.

This is precisely why I always advise anyone and everyone to steer well clear of ANYTHING that is a GABA RECEPTOR AGONIST, and ESPECIALLY the BENZODIAZEPINES.

#21 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

Benzos should be banned.
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#22 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Benzos should be banned.

Seconded.
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#23 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:55 AM

They definitely have their place but doctors (and patients) overuse them greatly...

#24 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:28 AM

magnesium citrate by far has helped me the most right now deal with this crap

#25 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Good. Does it help you with anxiety or mental function?

#26 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:05 PM

You are onto a winner there with the MAGNESIUM... It's brilliant stuff! ;)

However, you might like to try the MALATE form of Magnesium... since it has many advantages over the CITRATE form.

So much so that it is the ONLY form that I recommend to anyone and everyone for per oral intake of Magnesium.

You can buy it in bulk powder form (360g per pot) from Vitacost I believe.

Edited by ScienceGuy, 13 January 2012 - 10:05 PM.

#27 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2012 - 12:17 AM

I've been on Clonazepam 0.5-1mg for around 8 months. I regret this more than anything in my entire. Months after stopping I was still a completely worthless crying miserable hypochondriac for months. My girlfriend almost left me. Please don't do this shit. If anyone suggests you should take any amount of benzos for longer than 5 days, they need to get the hell out.

#28 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Good. Does it help you with anxiety or mental function?

Anxiety mostly, but thankfully first day I stop klonapin my head cleared up a bit.

#29 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 10:13 AM

helped you the most to deal with the crap... and to crap.

haha, i couldn't resist.

i used to use magnesium citrate but the laxative effect was annoying so i switched over to another form.... which brings me to ask:

You are onto a winner there with the MAGNESIUM... It's brilliant stuff! ;)

However, you might like to try the MALATE form of Magnesium... since it has many advantages over the CITRATE form.

So much so that it is the ONLY form that I recommend to anyone and everyone for per oral intake of Magnesium.

You can buy it in bulk powder form (360g per pot) from Vitacost I believe.

what are the advantages of malate (other than non-laxative)?

i'm taking glycinate right now... does malate also have those advantages over glycinate?

lastly, what about magnesium l-threonate.... it's been a buzz word/supp - but for good reason?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Propoxy

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

I have some magnesium l-threonate but I have found citrate give me the chilled effect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users