• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

drinking lactaid milk, still farting...(serious question)

lactose intolerance milk digestion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 calengineering

• 134 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

Regular milk used to give me heartburn/indigestion and flatulence. After I started taking Lactaid milk, my heartburn went away completely but I still am farting a lot! I'm drinking whole milk Lactaid as opposed to non-fat or low-fat Lactaid because I want the extra calories to gain weight and bulk up. I assume the gas is due to the milkfat, but it could be possible non-fat milk gives me the same problem.

Either way...

Any quick fixes here that will still allow me to drink whole milk? Can I fix this problem by taking a digestive supplement such as probiotics or digestive enzymes? I've tried taking Digest-Gold, a medley or enzymes from Enzymedica, but it doesn't seem to help much. Perhaps I'm not taking the right enzymes?

On the flipside, should I consider the flatulence as a sign that my body is begging for an alternative to milk?

Thanks

Edited by calengineering, 24 January 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#2 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I would suggest replacing the milk with green smoothies and see where that road takes you. Just to change things up for fun. But if you don't mind please give us an idea of your overall diet and you might get some better quality suggestions :)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lactose intolerance, milk, digestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users