* * * - - 1 votes

No more hydergine for me

nicotine piracetam sleepiness hydergine adhd

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 bugasman

• 54 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:32 PM

Where I live I can buy Hyder at any pharmacy without prescription. The reports about Hyder and the association with Albert Hofmann/LSD was my motivation to take this drug.

Last december I used just liquid hydergine at 1mg daily. Only hydergine, no stimulants or other drugs, sometimes a little cannabis at night. I felt more relaxed and sedated on hyder, sometimes more alert and energetic but almost everytime lethargic and drowsy. Libido improved and everytime I used marijuana with hydergine I got a mild LSD experience. But sleepiness was a very consistent and negative effect from Hydergine even if I was sleeping for 10 hours daily. For a ADHD person hydergine is not for me.

This month I decided to add nicotine patch (2mg) and 800mg Piracetam. I felt more alert with this combo but everytime I had dosed Hyder the drowsiness attacked me even at low dosage such as 0.5mg

So I don't see any point to continue using Hyder at my stack. I used it for two months and I saw no desired effect like motivation, increased energy or alertness.

My only stack now will be piracetam (Nootropil) (800mg morning/evening) nicotine patch (1/12 of a 21mg patch) with occasional yerba mate tea. Piracetam is working because the colors are more vivid, the music more joyful and I'm more outgoing and confident. This week I will start to test this stack with my studies routine.

Anyone here felt sleepy while on hydergine? I think this is a common effect because hydergine is a dopamine and serotonin agonist.
  • like x 1

#2 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:27 PM

My only stack now will be piracetam (Nootropil) (800mg morning/evening) nicotine patch (1/12 of a 21mg patch) with occasional yerba mate tea. Piracetam is working because the colors are more vivid, the music more joyful and I'm more outgoing and confident. This week I will start to test this stack with my studies routine.

Yerba Mate is potentially carcengienic.

http://www.caring4ca...ition/questions

-----------------------------------
Despite its healthy reputation, numerous research studies have linked regular drinking of yerba mate with increased risk of cancers of the mouth, head and neck, esophagus, bladder, larynx, kidney, and lung and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) (2-18). Yerba mate drinking is most consistently associated with esophageal cancer (4-6,8,9,13-16,19). Some studies suggest that it is the very hot temperature at which yerba mate is typically consumed that increases esophageal cancer risk, rather than yerba mate itself (13,15).
Other research supports that yerba mate naturally contains carcinogenic (cancer causing) compounds, and this is the reason why the drink is linked with increased cancer risk (20-22). Two research programs that evaluate carcinogenic activity of hundreds of chemicals, mixtures, and natural substances are the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) Evaluation of Carcinogenic Risks to Humans and the US National Toxicology Program's Report of Carcinogens. The information from these agencies places yerba mate in the category of having a moderate level of evidence of posing a cancer risk to humans (20).
-----------------------------------

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:13 PM

I wonder if mixing piracetam and nicotine patches will get you super hooked
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#4 DonTolentine

• 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:46 AM

Is very simple Mr. Bugasman,

If Hydergine is really sedating for you this is really good. It proves that is therapeutic for your ADHD. I found that you messed with ritalin and nicotine to treat your speedy and noisy mind. They both are crap, trust me. Hydergine with piracetam can do wonders for you. But you will need two more ingredients. Guarana powder and vaporized medical marijuana. Guarana gives energy, alertness and motivation. It will combat the sedative effects of hydergine-piracetam combo. The other is for mind-n-body reset/equilibrium. It will restore and balance all your electrobodymotor. Use very little, only at night, one hour before sleep.

Initial dose for ADHD

- 1mg liquid Hydergine (morning/before lunch)
You can use Trivastal Retard if you are worried about ergot induced fibrosis. Hydergine is the most safe of the ergots. Pergolide and cabergoline that have legit researched cases of induced fibrosis. http://jnnp.bmj.com/...nt/66/1/79.full
http://www.nelm.nhs....ndocrine-uses-/

- 400mg Nootropyl, morning and evening

-Guarana powder or other natural caffeine source.

In the future you won't need any of those drugs. Just meditation, exercise, passionate work-job, air, food and water will be your medicine. First you have to improve your ADHD , than your diet and lifestyle. After you change your in world, the internal moves in-out. The external, as a biofeedback moves in. "As within, as without."

I'm not a doctor. Don't trust a lunatic-maniac old wizard from the internet. Use all the stuff at your risk. Search information for all the ingredients listed. They can be poison for you.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#5 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

Yesterday I tried Hydergine for the last time. After 10 days without the drug I decided to try it again. I dosed 1 mg in the morning. Felt nothing. One hour later I was felling sleepy. Four hours later I went to gym, 10 mins of moderate aerobic exercise. When I finished the bike, I raised and then I blackout (orthostatic hypotension). Yeah, I fainted for the first time in my life.

The risks of fibrosis, sleepiness and orthostatic hypotension makes Hydergine a NoNootropic. This explain why Hydergine is used only for geriatrics.

Edited by bugasman, 12 February 2012 - 01:12 AM.

• Informative x 1

#6 nezxon

• 218 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

You seem more sensitive to it than me. I was taking 4.5mg hydergine tablets twice daily for several months and couldn't report anything close to LSD-like effects when using cannabis or excessive sleepiness. I subjectively feel like my memory was slightly better at the time, but nothing else significant. You're right though, those kinds of risks are important for people to be aware of when considering supplementation. You probably should have gone with your initial instincts and not have taken it to the point of fainting. In general, as soon as you have a negative reaction it's best to cease using the drug immediately.

#7 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:48 PM

The LSD-like effects I had was very mild when using cannabis. But not placebo. Like piracetam, maybe Hydergine potentiate the herb. Now my regimen is just piracetam with guarana powder. I'm more focused and productive now.

#8 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Where I live I can buy Hyder at any pharmacy without prescription. The reports about Hyder and the association with Albert Hofmann/LSD was my motivation to take this drug.

Last december I used just liquid hydergine at 1mg daily. Only hydergine, no stimulants or other drugs, sometimes a little cannabis at night. I felt more relaxed and sedated on hyder, sometimes more alert and energetic but almost everytime lethargic and drowsy. Libido improved and everytime I used marijuana with hydergine I got a mild LSD experience. But sleepiness was a very consistent and negative effect from Hydergine even if I was sleeping for 10 hours daily. For a ADHD person hydergine is not for me.

This month I decided to add nicotine patch (2mg) and 800mg Piracetam. I felt more alert with this combo but everytime I had dosed Hyder the drowsiness attacked me even at low dosage such as 0.5mg

So I don't see any point to continue using Hyder at my stack. I used it for two months and I saw no desired effect like motivation, increased energy or alertness.

Anyone here felt sleepy while on hydergine? I think this is a common effect because hydergine is a dopamine and serotonin agonist.

Wow. Honestly, Hydergine has been the hallmark treatment for my ADHD (primarily inattentive) symptoms. I use 4.5 of Hydergine AND 5 mg Nicergolean on a daily basis, and I found that every 3 weeks of consecutive use - I was definitely more aware and focused, and in a more calm state of mind. Not even close to sedated - more just collected, I suppose. Granted, it's synergistic with a few other things I use, but i'm always surprised when I hear negative or indifferent feedback from Hydergine usage. It honestly has changed my life. It's insane how non-toxic it is too, at incredible high dosages. Anyone here have more.. positive experiences with this stuff?
  • like x 1

#9 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

Wow. Honestly, Hydergine has been the hallmark treatment for my ADHD (primarily inattentive) symptoms. I use 4.5 of Hydergine AND 5 mg Nicergolean on a daily basis, and I found that every 3 weeks of consecutive use - I was definitely more aware and focused, and in a more calm state of mind. Not even close to sedated - more just collected, I suppose. Granted, it's synergistic with a few other things I use, but i'm always surprised when I hear negative or indifferent feedback from Hydergine usage. It honestly has changed my life. It's insane how non-toxic it is too, at incredible high dosages. Anyone here have more.. positive experiences with this stuff?

I have no idea where to even find hydergine. "Hallmark treatment for ADHD"? Whoa you got my attention with statements like that. What is Nicergolean? Hello Google

#10 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

I have no idea where to even find hydergine. "Hallmark treatment for ADHD"? Whoa you got my attention with statements like that. What is Nicergolean? Hello Google

Spelling error, nicergoline. But I think part of the problem with these ergots is that people are expecting too much too quick. I noticed the accrued benefits after a few weeks or so, a month into it I felt like my mental clarity was so much better than it ever was before. I take them with huperzine A (100 mg), lithium orotate, b-complex. I started off with just 4.5 mg daily of Hydergine, and then incorporated Nicergoline relatively recently - a few weeks ago. AND. nubrain offers both nicergoline and hydergine, heads up :) If you're looking for a hookup. I have heard through the grapevine that you can find cheaper alternatives at other locations, but honestly, they're so quick with shipping and i've never had any problems with them so i just go through them. Goood luck.
  • like x 1

#11 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

Last month I decided to try Hydergine again. The effect I always perceive is mental balance. I don't feel any depression while using hydergine. Libido is increased and anhedonia is gone. What I don't like much is that sometimes I get sleep atacks. A cup of coffee helps a lot. I think sleepy is good signal of a working medication for ADHD.

I'm still trying Hydergine. I'm doing a lot of combinations and tests. Today I only used 1mg Hyder plus Nicotine Patch. The week I used only 6mg sustained release Hydergine my depression was vanished but my motivation to do boring things was lacking. So I decided to use nicotine to see a improvement on motivation. While nicotine makes me alert it makes me anxious. So I will try only Hydergine (and coffee) for the next weeks and see if this combo helps my ADHD.

The potential for Hydergine on ADHD is huge because it balances serotonin,dopamine, norepinephrine, brain oxygen and glucose. It's different from the classic stimulants. It's not a instant effect. The inserts package says that Hyder needs at least 3weeks of use to see improvements. Patience is needed.

PS: Today while using a nicotine patch (1/8 of 21mg) for 4+ hours, my anxious was very high. After droping 0.5mg Hydergine sublingual my anxiety vanished. The effect is stimulant from nicotine and sedation from Hyder.

Edited by bugasman, 12 April 2012 - 06:40 PM.

#12 scouser

• 95 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I have been taking Hydergeine as part of my stack and started of at 1gm and moved up to 2gm

I did read that people were taking in studies 4.5gm per day or more.

Its interesting to see people here taking 4.5gm per day. do you gusy take this in 1 dose or split during the day?

Thanks

#13 JChief

• 636 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:11 AM

I'm surprised you continued to use this substance after fainting from standing up?! From only 1mg? That's about enough to make me ditch this stuff. I plan to work out quite a bit so this won't work if this is a more common issue. Nicergoline is out as well. The ergots and the hypotension issue is a bummer.

Edited by JChief, 13 April 2012 - 08:12 AM.

• like x 1

#14 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm surprised you continued to use this substance after fainting from standing up?! From only 1mg? That's about enough to make me ditch this stuff. I plan to work out quite a bit so this won't work if this is a more common issue. Nicergoline is out as well. The ergots and the hypotension issue is a bummer.

I think my faint was a combination of many factors and not Hydergine alone.

Today, in the morning, I ingested 6mg Hydergine sustained release. I didn't drink any coffee. This is stuff is good for depression and social anxiety but it makes very drowsy. If you plan to use this stuff a stimulant is needed, like coffee or nicotine. Caffeine enhaces the absorption of ergot alcaloids so coffee is a nice choice.

#15 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:44 AM

Finally got some hydergine to try out. I got the 4.5mg tablets. Is 4.5mg a day a good place to start or should I build up to that dose? I took one tablet immediately upon arrival (old habits die hard) and didn't notice any negative effects at all. Not many positive effects either but sounds like it's a cumulative build up so we'll see.

#16 angela86

• 54 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:40 AM

Finally got some hydergine to try out. I got the 4.5mg tablets. Is 4.5mg a day a good place to start or should I build up to that dose? I took one tablet immediately upon arrival (old habits die hard) and didn't notice any negative effects at all. Not many positive effects either but sounds like it's a cumulative build up so we'll see.

A lot of people keep saying that! Honestly, though, I have diminished blood flow .. so I think the effects are a little bit more noticeable for me. It's been a lifeline for me. 9 mg a day is ideal without the nicergoline, but, i've been keeping it at 5 mg max just because it's semi pricey (for a recent college graduate, that is).

#17 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:31 AM

A lot of people keep saying that! Honestly, though, I have diminished blood flow .. so I think the effects are a little bit more noticeable for me. It's been a lifeline for me. 9 mg a day is ideal without the nicergoline, but, i've been keeping it at 5 mg max just because it's semi pricey (for a recent college graduate, that is).

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm gonna do the 4.5mg for a week and see if I want to up the dosage after that. On day two, so far haven't noticed anything spectacular but I've learned not to expect miracles in a matter of days with noots.

#18 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

I have been interested in Nicergoline for a while, as a nootropic. However, lack of more information from users, together with the underwhelming amount of scientific literature addressing this compound, has kept me from shelling out the money to purchase it yet.

Could you provide a brief overview of what Nicergoline has done for you? What were your motivations for taking it? Has it lived up to expectations? How does it compare to Hydergine, if at all?

I do not have ADD, or ADHD, or any psychiatric condition that I know of. However, I like to keep my brain fine tuned through judicious use of appropriate supplements/pharmaceuticals, together with the staple, four-pronged approach of Prayer (and/or Meditation), Exercise, adequate Rest, and of course a nutritious Diet. Since I am a brain-worker, I like to keep abreast of all things which may keep this demanding organ in good working condition: this is my motivation for researching Nicergoline.

Thank you

#19 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm gonna do the 4.5mg for a week and see if I want to up the dosage after that. On day two, so far haven't noticed anything spectacular but I've learned not to expect miracles in a matter of days with noots.

By the way, manic_racetam, I would be interested to know how your Hydergine trial has been progressing. I took Hydergine about 4 years ago, and it seemed to make my thinking a bit faster and more audacious, but subjectively the effect was far from profound. I did not give it much time though, and of course, like most brain enhancing pharmaceuticals, the perceptible effects are not meant to be profound (although they can be). I stopped taking it because it was very expensive where I lived at the time.

Since I have responded like you to other compounds you have reported on, such as Noopept & Nefiracetam, I would be interested to know what your idiosyncratic response to this particular product has been.

Thank you.

#20 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:34 PM

Hydergine calms me down, is a great anxiolytic. Hyder alone gives me sleepiness. Coffee helps but I don't like the jitters. That is the reason I'm using sulbutiamine with Hydergine. The sleepiness is gone. My current dose is: 0.5mg liquid Hyder with 200mg Arcalion (sulbutiamine) two times daily. I have a clean mind, focus, slight enhaced motivation to do boring things, increased mood, socialization, energy and confidence. I'm two days using this combo. I don't think tolerance will develop because I don't get any euphoria or high. Just increased energy and calmness of mind. Give me one more month to review this combo because I want to see the nootropics effects of it.

So my current stack is:

0.5mg sublingual liquid Hydergine + Arcalion (200mg) 2x daily
Creatine monohydrate 4grams
Magnesium Glycinate (130mg of elemental Mg) before sleep

#21 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hydergine calms me down, is a great anxiolytic. Hyder alone gives me sleepiness. Coffee helps but I don't like the jitters. That is the reason I'm using sulbutiamine with Hydergine. The sleepiness is gone. My current dose is: 0.5mg liquid Hyder with 200mg Arcalion (sulbutiamine) two times daily. I have a clean mind, focus, slight enhaced motivation to do boring things, increased mood, socialization, energy and confidence. I'm two days using this combo. I don't think tolerance will develop because I don't get any euphoria or high. Just increased energy and calmness of mind. Give me one more month to review this combo because I want to see the nootropics effects of it.

So my current stack is:

0.5mg sublingual liquid Hydergine + Arcalion (200mg) 2x daily
Creatine monohydrate 4grams
Magnesium Glycinate (130mg of elemental Mg) before sleep

Thanks for this report, Bugasman. Are you Argentine by any chance (I'm a River Plate fan myself, lived in Buenos Aires for many years)?

#22 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:01 AM

By the way, manic_racetam, I would be interested to know how your Hydergine trial has been progressing. I took Hydergine about 4 years ago, and it seemed to make my thinking a bit faster and more audacious, but subjectively the effect was far from profound. I did not give it much time though, and of course, like most brain enhancing pharmaceuticals, the perceptible effects are not meant to be profound (although they can be). I stopped taking it because it was very expensive where I lived at the time.

Since I have responded like you to other compounds you have reported on, such as Noopept & Nefiracetam, I would be interested to know what your idiosyncratic response to this particular product has been.

Thank you.

I've been experiencing a bit of weight gain after almost 2 weeks of daily hydergine use at 4.5mg in the AM. Not to mention drowsiness, slight brain fog and a bit of dizziness upon standing. I'm gonna go ahead and take a break and hopefully can get my body-fat percentage back down ;)

I have a suspicion that the weight gain could be exacerbated by the moderate constipation I've also been experiencing... LOL. I think my dosage is too high.

I'll do another trial with reduced dosage in a week or so and update when I can get the weight under control. Can't sacrifice the girlish figure, not even for increased cognition HA!

Edited by manic_racetam, 25 May 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#23 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:30 AM

I've been experiencing a bit of weight gain after almost 2 weeks of daily hydergine use at 4.5mg in the AM. Not to mention drowsiness, slight brain fog and a bit of dizziness upon standing. I'm gonna go ahead and take a break and hopefully can get my body-fat percentage back down ;)

I have a suspicion that the weight gain could be exacerbated by the moderate constipation I've also been experiencing... LOL. I think my dosage is too high.

I'll do another trial with reduced dosage in a week or so and update when I can get the weight under control. Can't sacrifice the girlish figure, not even for increased cognition HA!

Thanks for that. I sorry to hear that it has not gone so well, although giving it another shot after a "washout" period, but using a lower dose, could be worthwhile. I seems that most people who get good results, get good results using small amounts (i.e. 1-2 mg per day). Perhaps the 4.5-9mg dose is meant for individuals with serious cognitive decline, such as those with incipient Alzheimers, Dementias, or other forms of age and insult-related cognitive decline? Maybe for us young ones looking for an edge, smaller amounts are more adequate.

I'm surprised to hear about your weight gain: I haven't heard of that as a side effect of Hydergine use. However, is seems that Hydergine has a serotonergic effect, which can certainly precipitate weight gain (I had to stop taking 5-HTP last year because of this). I wish you luck in getting your weight down, hopefully not too much damage has been done!

So it seems that your verdict is entirely negative so far? You mentioned drowsiness, brain for and orthostatic hypotension, but no positives? May I enquire as to why you decided to give it another shot, then? It is because of the studies validating it, and the feeling that you may not have done it justice so far by using a high dose? Also, what are you looking to gain from Hydergine use?

By the way, I'm a new member so you may not have seen much of me around yet. Hopefully I can contribute to the board, as I have been experimenting with Nootropics and life-enhancing practices for a few years now. Your own contributions have been excellent, so it is a pleasure to be able to discuss these issues with you.

Best of luck.

#24 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

Thanks for that. I sorry to hear that it has not gone so well, although giving it another shot after a "washout" period, but using a lower dose, could be worthwhile. I seems that most people who get good results, get good results using small amounts (i.e. 1-2 mg per day). Perhaps the 4.5-9mg dose is meant for individuals with serious cognitive decline, such as those with incipient Alzheimers, Dementias, or other forms of age and insult-related cognitive decline? Maybe for us young ones looking for an edge, smaller amounts are more adequate.

I'm surprised to hear about your weight gain: I haven't heard of that as a side effect of Hydergine use. However, is seems that Hydergine has a serotonergic effect, which can certainly precipitate weight gain (I had to stop taking 5-HTP last year because of this). I wish you luck in getting your weight down, hopefully not too much damage has been done!

So it seems that your verdict is entirely negative so far? You mentioned drowsiness, brain for and orthostatic hypotension, but no positives? May I enquire as to why you decided to give it another shot, then? It is because of the studies validating it, and the feeling that you may not have done it justice so far by using a high dose? Also, what are you looking to gain from Hydergine use?

By the way, I'm a new member so you may not have seen much of me around yet. Hopefully I can contribute to the board, as I have been experimenting with Nootropics and life-enhancing practices for a few years now. Your own contributions have been excellent, so it is a pleasure to be able to discuss these issues with you.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the nice comments, looking forward to seeing you around.

Actually the positives were great. I could see some serious potential for use with my ADHD. The focus felt natural and smooth, which surprised me quite a bit. I wasn't expecting much from it. But we'll see how it goes next time. I'm sure the weight will melt off with a bit extra training ;)

#25 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sulbutiamine can reverse hydergine drowsyness but causes me anxiety. Sorry for a lot of swing reviews on Hydergine by me but this is my last and final review on Hydergine. I tried to find a OTC solution for my ADHD. While Hydergine is good for depression/anxiety/vasodilation I think is not good for ADHD because it tends to make one drowsy and sleepy. I think my lazyness got amplified on Hydergine. It's a good anhedonic substance but not good for motivation/focused boring tasks. I don't know about the nootropics effects because while I was on Hyder I had any motivation to study. I won some pounds too and I think is due adrenergic blockade from Hyder.

I need a real medicine for ADHD. I'm from Argentina but currently I'm living in Brazil. Here it's prescribed only methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta) and Vyvanse (dextroamphetamine). Methylphenidate is not for me, I hated the effects. I'm trying to get a prescription for Vyvanse. I know stimulants have bad side effects but is my only option now to be able to function on society. I tried all things to avoid the need of prescription drugs. Tried many drugs (legal and illegal), I changed my diet, lifestyle, learned meditation and positive thinking. None of those improved my condition. I lost many years of my life on drugs and useless stuff due ADHD. Many years I thought this condition was a invention from capitalism. Now after many failures I accept my condition, ADHD is real.
  • like x 1

#26 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:52 AM

Thanks for the nice comments, looking forward to seeing you around.

Actually the positives were great. I could see some serious potential for use with my ADHD. The focus felt natural and smooth, which surprised me quite a bit. I wasn't expecting much from it. But we'll see how it goes next time. I'm sure the weight will melt off with a bit extra training ;)

Fantastic! Good luck with your present regime then, and hope to hear from you soon once you get back onto the Hydergine for your second round. :)

#27 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:58 AM

Sulbutiamine can reverse hydergine drowsyness but causes me anxiety. Sorry for a lot of swing reviews on Hydergine by me but this is my last and final review on Hydergine. I tried to find a OTC solution for my ADHD. While Hydergine is good for depression/anxiety/vasodilation I think is not good for ADHD because it tends to make one drowsy and sleepy. I think my lazyness got amplified on Hydergine. It's a good anhedonic substance but not good for motivation/focused boring tasks. I don't know about the nootropics effects because while I was on Hyder I had any motivation to study. I won some pounds too and I think is due adrenergic blockade from Hyder.

I need a real medicine for ADHD. I'm from Argentina but currently I'm living in Brazil. Here it's prescribed only methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta) and Vyvanse (dextroamphetamine). Methylphenidate is not for me, I hated the effects. I'm trying to get a prescription for Vyvanse. I know stimulants have bad side effects but is my only option now to be able to function on society. I tried all things to avoid the need of prescription drugs. Tried many drugs (legal and illegal), I changed my diet, lifestyle, learned meditation and positive thinking. None of those improved my condition. I lost many years of my life on drugs and useless stuff due ADHD. Many years I thought this condition was a invention from capitalism. Now after many failures I accept my condition, ADHD is real.

Hola Bugasman, todo bien? Have you managed to get a script for Vyvanse? I have to be honest though, when I lived in South America, I found it hard to get my hands on good nootropics.

I hope you find a way out for your problems. I'm sure you'll be fine eventually, since you sound very articulate and self-aware, and you must be quite educated if your command of English is so good (I know from experience, even wealthy and well-travelled Argentines don't usually have a good command of the English language). Whatever it is, take care, don't lose hope, don't forget that you are young and that many successful people have jumped back from very disheartening setbacks and managed to make good lives for themselves.

Cuidate, chau.

#28 hooter

• 504 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Hydergine combines nicely with coffee. That's my two cents!

Personally I am currently on 5mg dl-amphetamine and antioxidants/minerals (zinc, magnesium, high dose vit B and C). Works pretty well for ADHD but it makes me sweat like a pig.

Closest I got other than straight up stimulants is hydergine with caffeine. I wish there were more to do for ADHD, but the market currently isn't very promising. Tianeptine is worth a try, though It is crucial to state that it causes dissociation and worsens OCD.

Piracetam works better for ADHD at higher doses, lower doses seem more distracting. (At least for me)

Edited by hooter, 31 May 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#29 bugasman

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

Hey Heraclitean thank you for consideration. I wish the same for you.

I got my 50mg Vyvanse prescription. Tried it for two days and I hated it. The effects are better than Ritalin but I was very hyperfocused, had super euphoria and after that paranoia ("They know I'm high on drugs", "They know I'm a fucking loser crackhead"), intense vasoconstriction and headache, irritability and depression. I found the effects of d-amp very like pseudoephedrine (without euphoria). I spent more than $250 just to get this medication. It sucks! Stimulants are not for me.

Benzodiazepines are cool but it dulls my memory. Now I'm doing some experiments with Yohimbine HCL, is a anxiogenic stimulant with potential to treat GAD. The theory behind it is the brain will be tolerant to the anxiogenic effects of Y. It has many agonist/antagonist in 5HT receptors. Maybe is a antidepressant because in two days I wake very happy. I found my dreams were more vivid. I tried it for 4 days before using Vyvanse and liked the antidepressant effects of Yohimbine. The plus is increased attention (+NE) and vasodilation (+SEX).

Edited by bugasman, 05 June 2012 - 01:37 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Do you take Fish oil, B-vitamins, Magnesium and Zinc? I know it may sound a bit strange, but I have found that taking quite liberal amounts of these helped me greatly with concentration at school, and relieved me of any depression and lethargy I might have had. The effects lasted for a while after I stopped my course, provided I made the effort to procure these nutrients in "normal" amounts in my regular diet. They are also readily available in Brazil/Argentina.

If Piracetam, Hydergine, Vyvanse or Ritalin hasn't helped, then maybe you should try a different approach? Have you tried herbs? Ginseng is good for concentration and "calming the mind", for example. Don't think that these compounds cannot have a real benefit just because they are little old herbs.

I don't know if Yohimbine is good for the long-term, I think it's quite harsh on the system. But let us know how it goes.

Cuidate, chau.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotine, piracetam, sleepiness, hydergine, adhd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users