• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

How much are you spending on Nootropics per month?

nootropics cost monthly

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: How much are you spending on Nootropics per month? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Monthly spending on nootropics/anti-aging, etc...?

1. < $100 (23 votes [58.97%])

Percentage of vote: 58.97%

2. $100 + (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

3. $200 + (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

4. $300 + (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

5. $400 + (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Verne

• 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:37 AM

I've just spent $165.00 on Piracetam, Centrophenoxine and PhosphatidylSerine. Earlier this same month I spent $115 on Modafinil. And soon I'll be spending an additional $90.00 on Aniracetam (Once my preferred supplier has it in stock). Centrophenoxine and PhosphatidylSerine are new to my regimen for the coming month, they are just something I want to experiment with and see if they give any considerable benefits.

I'm still (What I consider) in the early stages of personal nootropics experimentation and research and think that with time my spending will become more manageable as I adjust appropriate dosages and decide on a more permanent stack, but until then my spending is a little bit erratic, and occasionally out of budget.

$370 in one month is a lot for me, but I'm about to go back to studying for the first time in years and with the added stress a few classes a week will add to my already stressful life, I've decided to invest a little more for the first month in the hopes it will help me manage it.

So, how much are you spending? I've seen people with pretty varied stacks, some of them look like they could be costing over $500 per month, easy.

Edited by manic_racetam, 14 February 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#2 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:37 AM

Wow, that is a lot of money per month. Do you plan on buying that much every month, or will it last several months? Most supplements I take are fairly cheap(multivitamin, grape seed extract, omega oils, etc.) and last for quite some time. Even three racetams at a time would not cost more than 200$/month if you buy in bulk

This is what I plan to take eventually, possibly dropping the pramiractem, and of course there would be the choline and the stuff I already take, but I still don't know if that would exceed 200$/month.
Piracetam- .09$/g 9.8g/day 321.93$/year
Oxiracetam- .75$/g 4g/day 1095$/year
Pramiracetam- 1.19$/g 1g/day 428.4$/year

Total: 1836.33$/year
153.03$/month

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,054 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

If you count vimmortal, coffee, tea, and energy drinks as part of a stack, then I spend about $50 per month. I would hate to spend much more because then I would not be able to donate as much to Longecity, SENS, Foresight, Singularity Institute, etc...
  • like x 1

#4 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:26 AM

Most micro dose work for me so very cost effective for me to get Nootropic benefit ,but i not satisfied it yet.

I have spend a lot compare to you before but it not help me so i drop a ton , because of i think it will more harm than good to take such large amount of stack.

Modafinil and PhosphatidylSerine is really expensive in my opinion ,

Modafinil when combine with Piracetam ,i have great verbal fluidity ,i have heard Isochroma also have some experiment on it ,he might still taking in on combo ,and his verbal is very fluid.

#5 Verne

• Topic Starter
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Wow, that is a lot of money per month. Do you plan on buying that much every month, or will it last several months?

I haven't decided on a permanent or semi-permanent stack yet. I'm still testing out a lot of different substances, it's also important that I meet a strict budget. During the experimentation phase I'm shelling out a lot more than I normally would on a variety of different supplements and drugs because I really want to determine what works best for me. It will be unreasonable for me to keep forking out $370.00 + per month long term, but I can afford to do it for a little while longer.

Piracetam costs a little more (for me) because it is illegal for me to purchase without a prescription [Australia] so I'm playing it safe by buying it pre-capped which results in a smaller package size and hopefully less attention at customs - just a hunch. I plan on getting a prescription for it if it proves largely beneficial for me - though I may have to go through a few doctors, which is an investment in itself depending on how many I have to go through. Realistically I don't want to be spending more than $200.00 a month on nootropics - and even then only if the results are worth it (Which I'm yet to determine after three months! A slow process for me).

Modafinil when combine with Piracetam ,i have great verbal fluidity ,i have heard Isochroma also have some experiment on it ,he might still taking in on combo ,and his verbal is very fluid.

I'll be sure to test a combination of the two in the near future.

For my current financial situation (Unemployed, living off savings, not under any government benefits - oops!) this is really digging into my savings, but honestly, if the benefits from nootropics/supplement use continue then it will have been a worthy investment - especially if it gives me that little extra nudge to improve my financial situation!

Edited by Verne, 17 February 2012 - 06:01 AM.

#6 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 04:55 PM

$90 to $95.  Mostly in tea ($52) and ginseng ($27).

#7 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:47 AM

Only this week I've already spent ~150$ I try not to think very much about it.

• Enjoying the show x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:16 AM

Between $100-200 per month if I'm honest.   

If I were single, without children, I would be spending far more, and cultivating contacts in the research chemical community.

I can't help but feel there has to be better options than group buys from China, or fly by night RC Internet companies!

Plus, if I had the disposable income I sure the heck would be using Platelet-Rich Plasma injections on a regular basis to heal nagging athletic injuries.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, cost, monthly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users