• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

L-Tyrosine - 1/8 of 'Limitless' scenario achieved.

tyrosine l-tyrosine limitless nootropic motivation drive concentration sociability intelligent speech working memory

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 FDA Approved

• 101 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

I dont see much other differences but it makes me more awake and less foggy especially when I would otherwise be tired (when Ive slept only a few hours). The effect that I am noticing (and which seems consistent with other reports) is that it returns me to a steady baseline.

#32 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

I tried this with 500mg dosages and then later I split the pills.
It gives me a headache behind the eyes and raises my blood pressure and body temperature.

Its stimulant like but not very pleasant.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Kimchi

• 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

I am actually very interested in hearing other people's opinions on Tyrosine.
A friend of mine gave me some of these pills, saying it helps with memory formation and focus when studying if taken over time.
I have been taking like 500mg or 1g a day for 3 days and then stopped because I did not feel any immediate effects.
If anything, I seemed to have felt a bit tired immediately after taking it

I was thinking maybe there are different branches of L-Tyrosine and it causes different effects?
I would be interested in knowing if there are different kinds and what the author used to achieve these effects that he was describing

#34 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

From what I understand, L-Tyrosine should be used immediately before or after a workout to support muscle repair, otherwise, it can be a bit fruitless. Perhaps not doing this is why I haven't seen or noticed any results from taking the supplement.

#35 Voyaging

• 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Placebo.
  • dislike x 4
  • Needs references x 1

#36 Questy

• 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

I doubt tyrosine is useful in the long run. Down-regulation is not the only concern. What about damaging dopamine neurons via increased formation of DOPAC? If tyrosine does something for you a MAO-B inhibitor sounds like a better plan to me.
  • dislike x 2

#37 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

OP is probably a billionaire by now xD

#38 Rex Mi

• 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

my L-Tyrosine arrived last night

so i'm stopping my usual 7.2g piracetam and 3g aniracetam for 2 days to give L-Tyrosine a try

this morning I took 1g L-tyrosine with some vitamin B100, vitamin C, and calcium on an empty stomach
will take another gram of L-tyrosine later on in the afternoon see how it goes

Edited by Rex Mi, 17 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#39 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

When I first tried L-Tyrosine, I took 2 g a day with incredible results - improved mood, improved motivation, reduced appetite, and all around higher functionality. These results tapered down over a week, but even after several months of usage, I am still noticeably above baseline, and these results are stable. I highly recommend L-Tyrosine (but definitely not NALT) for anyone who suspects they might be low on DA/NE. If you're going to take it regularly, though, add in L-Tryptophan or 5-HTP as needed, as raising DA/NE tends to lower serotonin. This combo works wonders for depression and anhedonia, in my experience, and it's far more effective than the standard pharmaceutical approaches.
  • like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#40 Rex Mi

• 8 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

my L-Tyrosine arrived last night

so i'm stopping my usual 7.2g piracetam and 3g aniracetam for 2 days to give L-Tyrosine a try

this morning I took 1g L-tyrosine with some vitamin B100, vitamin C, and calcium on an empty stomach
will take another gram of L-tyrosine later on in the afternoon see how it goes

I did the exact dose the next day and all it gave me was sleepiness

anyone knows why?

#41 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

Which one is better, N Acetyl L Tyrosine or L Tyrosine?

#42 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

When I first tried L-Tyrosine, I took 2 g a day with incredible results - improved mood, improved motivation, reduced appetite, and all around higher functionality. These results tapered down over a week, but even after several months of usage, I am still noticeably above baseline, and these results are stable. I highly recommend L-Tyrosine (but definitely not NALT) for anyone who suspects they might be low on DA/NE. If you're going to take it regularly, though, add in L-Tryptophan or 5-HTP as needed, as raising DA/NE tends to lower serotonin. This combo works wonders for depression and anhedonia, in my experience, and it's far more effective than the standard pharmaceutical approaches.

Why don't you recommend NALT?

Edited by renfr, 19 January 2013 - 01:50 PM.

#43 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Why don't you recommend NALT?

NALT is marketed as having better bioavailability than L-Tyrosine, but several studies show just the opposite is true. I found NALT to be ineffective at the suggested lower dosages, and ineffective at higher dosages as well. The higher cost of NALT (roughly twice the price of L-Tyrosine) doesn't justify the poor results.

Am J Physiol. 1994 Nov;267(5 Pt 1):E672-9.

Aromatic amino acid metabolism of neonatal piglets receiving TPN: effect of tyrosine precursors.
Wykes LJ, House JD, Ball RO, Pencharz PB.

...The high urinary excretion of N-AcTyr (65%) confirms its low bioavailability...

PMID: 7977717 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Am J Physiol. 1991 Feb;260(2 Pt 1):E280-5.

Utilization of tyrosine dipeptides and acetyltyrosine in normal and uremic humans.
Druml W, Lochs H, Roth E, Hübl W, Balcke P, Lenz K.

...In CON, whole body clearance (Ctot) of Ala-Tyr (3,169 +/- 198 ml/min) was higher than Gly-Tyr (1,781 +/- 184, P less than 0.001), and both exceeded NAc-Tyr (284 +/- 24, P less than 0.001). In HD, Ctot of Ala-Tyr was not different from CON, but Ctot of Gly-Tyr (858 +/- 73, P less than 0.001) and NAc-Tyr (129 +/- 30, P less than 0.02) was decreased...Plasma Tyr did not increase with NAc-Tyr in either group. Urinary loss of peptides was neglible, but 60% of NAc-Tyr infused was excreted by CON. ...These differential effects on peptide assimilation underscore the importance of peptide structure on metabolism. Both peptides, but not NAc-Tyr, may serve as a nutritional substrate in renal failure patients.
PMID: 1996632 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

J Pharm Pharmacol. 1989 Nov;41(11):789-91.

Brain tyrosine increases after treating with prodrugs: comparison with tyrosine.
Topall G, Laborit H.

After mice had been treated with L-tyrosine, O-phospho-L-tyrosine, L-tyrosine methyl ester or N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, tyrosine was assayed by HPLC coupled with fluorometric detection. O-Phospho-L-tyrosine behaved as a tyrosine prodrug after its hydrolysis by acid and alkaline phosphatases. After the intraperitoneal administration of O-phospho-L-tyrosine or the methyl ester, there was a substantial increase in bioavailability in terms of the effect of tyrosine. The two prodrugs were as powerful as tyrosine following oral administration. N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine was the least effective prodrug tested. The stability, solubility and bioavailability of O-phospho-L-tyrosine are consistent with proposing it for use as a tyrosine prodrug. In addition, it can be used parenterally. The use of a tyrosine aminotransferase inhibitor is necessary for limiting the hepatic breakdown of tyrosine and for increasing its bioavailability.
PMID: 2576051 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

#44 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

I ended to buy some L-tyrosine so I can try it out.
But I'm quite worried about tolerance so if anyone knows what can reverse this tolerance, I already have a small list of supplements :
- Bacopa (reduces dopamine overactivity)
- Iron (upregulates DAT)
- Cholinergics (inhibit dopamine neurotransmission)
- Sulbutiamine (inhibits D1 neurotransmission)

Edited by renfr, 23 January 2013 - 11:15 AM.

#45 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:00 AM

I took 7000mg of L-tyrosine and nothing happened yet. No "limitless feeling", no increase in motivation, etc...
What's wrong? My L-tyrosine tastes like flour and not very soluble in water.
I will try to get some NALT and give it a try.

No side effects as well, how do you guys take it? on empty stomach? mixed in oil?

Edited by renfr, 24 January 2013 - 08:06 AM.

#46 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:16 PM

It doesn't do much for me either, FWIW.

#47 Deckah

• 153 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Are you all that haven't been getting anything from Tyrosine taking it on an empty stomach or taking it with Vitamin C?

#48 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Are you all that haven't been getting anything from Tyrosine taking it on an empty stomach or taking it with Vitamin C?

I took it with food and I took 500mg vitamin C as well, is vitamin C contraindicated?

#49 norepinephrine

• 219 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Tyrosine is contraindicated with food. Take it on an empty stomach, ideally first thing in the morning. A B-complex, as well as vitamin C, will both enhance tyrosine as they are cofactors in dopamine synthesis.

#50 mastercowboy

• 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Placebo is GOoooOD !!
  • dislike x 3
  • like x 1

#51 stephen_b

• 1,735 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

By itself on an empty stomach.
  • like x 1

#52 Rex Mi

• 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

I took 7000mg of L-tyrosine and nothing happened yet. No "limitless feeling", no increase in motivation, etc...

No side effects as well, how do you guys take it? on empty stomach? mixed in oil?

according to what I saw online
There's quite a few mineral needed for L-Tyrosine to be converted into Dopamine

The list included iron, foilid acid, vitamin C, B6, D3, zinc and omega 3 (the list is written from my memory)

So that by taking such a large dose of L-tyrosine won't simply give you dopamine

it has to be converted into L-dopa(precursor for dopamine), then with tyrosine hydroxylase it would convert L-dopa into dopamine

though i'm still a noob in this forum, my personal advice would be to find out what you are missing in your diet and try to obtain enough supply of these ingredients so that you'll be able to feel the potential of L-tyrosine

cheers~

#53 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Wait, Eddie Morra is a fictional character in a movie? Someone put me back to sleep.

#54 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

according to what I saw online
There's quite a few mineral needed for L-Tyrosine to be converted into Dopamine

The list included iron, foilid acid, vitamin C, B6, D3, zinc and omega 3 (the list is written from my memory)

So that by taking such a large dose of L-tyrosine won't simply give you dopamine

it has to be converted into L-dopa(precursor for dopamine), then with tyrosine hydroxylase it would convert L-dopa into dopamine

though i'm still a noob in this forum, my personal advice would be to find out what you are missing in your diet and try to obtain enough supply of these ingredients so that you'll be able to feel the potential of L-tyrosine

cheers~

hehehe thanks I researched all that and indeed you seem to be right
well let's see if that works, I just took on empty stomach :
3000mg l tyrisone
500mg vitamin c
a strongly dosed B complex (including 41mg B6)
2500IU D3
35mg zinc
3000mg fish oil (30% omega 3)

I hope this really works :-D

#55 Rex Mi

• 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

3000mg l tyrisone
500mg vitamin c
2500IU D3
35mg zinc

I think the daily recommend dosage for Vitamin C is 1000mg
so if I were you i'd take at least 2000mg of Vitamin C since it won't damage your body with excess vitamin C
more B6 at least 100mg
also get a bottle of omega 3-6-9 I believe that works better
and eat a bunch of spinach for iron and folic acid

perhaps just lower the L-tyrosine a little bit since you don't have the perfect dose for all the things combined together maybe 2000mg L-tyrosine

Edited by Rex Mi, 25 January 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#56 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

is this meant to be taken daily? 2000 mg in the morning worked great for me, for all but 5 days. then tolerance set in, and within 10 days i was returned completely to my baseline. even taking it every other day, or every 3rd/4th day doesn't work, in my experience. i tried it in school, hoping it would give me a long-term boost, but it never worked longer than a week. there are no real withdrawals, but it takes about 7-15 days off of tyrosine for your tolerance to go away completely.

that's one of two reasons why i gave up on tyrosine, and just stuck with coffee 3-4x weekly. tyrosine can only be used a few times per month w/o tolerance issues, AND its psychoactive effects (and after-effects) remind me too much of amphetamines (which i don't like very much).

#57 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

3000mg l tyrisone
500mg vitamin c
2500IU D3
35mg zinc

I think the daily recommend dosage for Vitamin C is 1000mg
so if I were you i'd take at least 2000mg of Vitamin C since it won't damage your body with excess vitamin C
more B6 at least 100mg
also get a bottle of omega 3-6-9 I believe that works better
and eat a bunch of spinach for iron and folic acid

perhaps just lower the L-tyrosine a little bit since you don't have the perfect dose for all the things combined together maybe 2000mg L-tyrosine

500mg every 4 hours is the best dosage to reach peak plasma concentrations, the more vitamin C you take the less gets absorbed and it doesn't make more effects than 500mg unless you take liposomal vitamin C which gets totally absorbed.
as for omega 6 and 9 there are already too much of it in our food, omega 3 is the one you need if you don't eat fish oftenly :)
Anyway I took this and I felt no effect at all, really! It didn't work one second.
Even though :
- when I was going upstairs, I ran on the stairs, usually it bothers me and I only walk, this time I was quite motivated
- I felt a slight short term memory loss in the evening which is a sign that serotonin was depleted, it could be either high dopamine which lowered SE levels or blockade of tryptophan by tyrosine.
- despite all that, I felt no motivation as to my work, my duties and so on...

I just received my NALT and took 350mg, tastes weird but not bad, I will see what it does, I'm in real need of a dopamine rush.
Not sure if it's going to work today though because I took Inositol in the morning as well as some soy lecithin, I wasn't expecting the letter to be delivered that fast.

Last time I had a dopamine rush was when I mixed GHB and sulbutiamine, pure gold effect, total motivation increase, much more socialization, and this was the day of an exam which I didn't learn much of the lessons yet got a very good mark, I had indeed a huge flow of thoughts and expression.
I wish I could have that one or two times a week but it's been months I haven't experienced that mythic effect and if that was what OP was meaning by "limitless" then yes I agree totally, it's a real limitless effect. If one wonders if NZT exist in real life, then yes it does, it's called dopamine.

Edited by renfr, 26 January 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#58 machete234

• 459 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Im taking this for the last 2 days 500mg in the morning by the PEAK brand (BB stuff) and so far I noticed changes in blood pressure mainly in the head since my light tinitus is even less intense.
Also I notice a little more excitability or enthusiasm and thats why I took it because I need to learn for exams and cant get off my ass so I took this out of the drawer.
I was also hoping or some creativity since I have to write something.

Back when I first tried it appeared useless as a stimulant but it could work against lethargy without giving me the stimulant ups and downs.
Im contemplating combinig this with bacopa or a racetam not sure yet.

#59 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Taking it with bacopa would be totally counterproductive, bacopa reduces dopamine receptor excitability.
Racetam could be a good choice, I think personally I will try sulbutiamine with it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 UnknownSuitor

• 33 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Taking it with bacopa would be totally counterproductive, bacopa reduces dopamine receptor excitability.
Racetam could be a good choice, I think personally I will try sulbutiamine with it.

Hey Renfr!

Could you provide me with the study that suggests Bacopa reduces dopamine receptor excitability? I really was hoping on using Bacopa for memory but I also need an increase in Dopamine due to multi-confirmed ADHD-I. Please don't take this as asking SOURCE OR GTFO, I am genuinely interested in this finding, and how it will affect my search for mitigating ADHD effects. =)

Also, why would you suggest Sulbutiamine?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tyrosine, l-tyrosine, limitless, nootropic, motivation, drive, concentration, sociability, intelligent speech, working memory

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users