* * * * * 3 votes

Minimizing Negative effects from Cannabis

marijuana cannabis cure ngf creativity

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 vined

• 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:51 AM

Tar and high levels of carcinogenic compounds from inhaling burning matter. Another fact that people ignore: unless your buddy is growing or your heading to a dispensary, people frequently spray cannabis with pestacides. Not the healthiest thing to smoke.

New studies http://www.scientifi...rijuana-smoking
"In fact, occasional marijuana use was associated with slight increases in lung airflow rates and increases in lung volume, the study found." for anyone saying how terrible it is for the lungs to smoke weed, sorry, but it appears that's a no.
  • like x 1

#62 kevinseven11

• Topic Starter
  • 385 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

The inhaled carcinogens are potentially bad for the cardiovascular system though. Some studies propose this is whats behind cannabis ED. My belief is Canna ED is from a couple factors combined.
Marijuana is not tobacco, were not going to see major damage (your study says it helps lungs). Nicotine constricts lungs, marijuana dilates the blood vessels (used for asthma).
Anybody out there able to obtain research papers?? This super important.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 MattJ

• 18 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I used to smoke daily... but it made me feel "dumbed down" and lack the motivation to do nearly anything so I stopped. I feel that life is much better without it, even if it were used occasionally.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#64 Mace_Windu

• 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

THC stays in your system for a long time. It's not true that all of it gets metabolized instantly when a lot of it gets trapped momentarily in fats w/o enzymes.
http://www.idmu.co.u...tcan.htm#_edn10

True, it is fat soluble so gets trapped in adipose tissues and does not wash out as easily as a water soluble metabolite would.

I quit cannabis on 04March. Had a urine test by my MD on the 12th of March that tested positive for cannabinoids. I will be going for another urinalysis soon (maybe even today...) and will report back on if I am now "clear". The interesting thing to see will be the drop in cannabinoid (metabolite?) levels I've experienced in the last month.

While I don't know my BMI, I exercise regularly (7 hours of Pilates weekly) and just returned from 6 days hard - good that is :-) - skiing in Whistler, skiing black and double-black diamond runs in moderate to deep powder on steep to steeper slopes. How steep? One day my average grade was 50 degrees. I expect i should have burned off alot of fat/lipids but we'll see once the test is done.

#65 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

As far as I can tell, no matter what you do, the metabolites clear out very slowly. It seems bad to take large quantities of supplements during a "detox" phase, since many will likely drag THC around the body, as well as interfere/compete with liver metabolism, and/or kidney/intestinal function. Exercise, a moderate amount of food and water seems to be the surest bet. There are other factors you can't directly change, like your body type, but a lack of exercise and fluids is why most people don't detox quickly. It is also necessary to stop exercising prior to tests and to dilute your urine by consuming large quantities of water. This will probably get you below the 50 ng/dL level, which will stop them from sending it to a lab for mass spectrometry (often GC-MS). Depending upon their body type, chronic users can clean out (< 20 ng/dL in urine) within 10-40 days if they stick to this routine and abstain.

I don't know if cannabis is the best or healthiest drug, but I can say with about 85% confidence that drug tests for it waste more money than they save via cutting "unproductive workers".

Edited by dasheenster, 11 April 2012 - 07:09 PM.

#66 Mace_Windu

• 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

Fortunately the vast majority of companies do not drug test in Canada. But I'm not too concerned with about testing clean so i will continue stacking. I'm more curious how long it will take to flush out of my system. I've signed up for a luminosity account, kinda worried to post my scores around here, I suspect there are lots of 700+ folks in this forum...

Since brain tissue is "fatty", there's a good chance cannabinoids could accumulate there no? I may try to dig up some papers on this tonight.

No argument with your final point. Alcohol is on balance probably more destructive - a 26oz bottle of hard liquor could give some people alcohol poisoning and maybe even cause death, certainly 40oz of hard liquor could kill you if you drink it fast enough in one sitting. Not to mention cirrhosis of the liver. Cannabis is relatively benign in comparison but this is definitely straying off topic and into the realm of politics ;-)

#67 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:20 PM

Maybe EGCG could help

EGCG facilitates glutamate release

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/17663453

But its kind of annoying in regards of its bloodthinning properties.

2x kapsules of olimp green tea for 2 days, thinns my blood to a good extend

Another thing what was helpful to me, was Cerebrolysin.

It decreased the nervousness,that I´ve gotten after longterm consumption.

And some other effects regarding cognition, like concetration.

Edited by Flex, 23 April 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#68 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Haven't had time to read the thread but cannabis always causes floppy dick syndrome for me (usually at about three joints per day). I would count this as a serious flaw for any man.

It normally takes about a month of chronic use for these effects to appear in my case. Kinda scary really as it really illustrated for me how bad smoking (of any kind) is for me. I definitely have no interest in going near this stuff again. This might not happen to everyone but I noticed quite a few anecdotals across the internet on the issue so it does happen.

For me marijuana is absolutely an aphrodisiac and it has the complete opposite effect.  It makes sex an out of this world experience.  I don't use it chronically, though.   

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#69 vitaman

• 10 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:45 AM

Hi. My noot experiments started in the early 80's, but my use has been steady for the last 15 or so years.

For the last 2 years, I have been vaping cannabis to help manage my arthritis. Not surprisingly, tolerance has been developing.

I received my first order of Triacetyluridine when I got home from work yesterday evening. I took my first dose of it at around 6pm, and felt the resurgence of the coffee I had had 2 hours earlier.

An hour later started my first bowl of cannabis, typically 300mg. This particular indica is decent for pain, but not that strong. I got half way through the bowl was already seriously intoxicated and stayed that way for a long time!

This morning at 6am, I decided to take the TAU, with my coffee after I got up. I added a b complex and an extra fish oil. Normally, I would nurse a second cup at work in the morning and a third in the afternoon. This time, I nursed the second cup all day and had barely finished it when I got ready to go home. After work, maybe 12 hours after I took the TAU I had my first dose of cannabis. Again, I needed half the amount, and got stronger pain relief.  

The funny thing is that it doesn't seem to be an additive effect, like stacking pain killers or noots or whatever would do. It made no difference to ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Subjectively, it feels as if the TAU has reset my cannabis tolerance!  Same with caffeine, less gets me farther.  Regardless, I hope that this continues, it will save money and I won't need to use as much! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marijuana, cannabis, cure, ngf, creativity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users