- - - - -

Modafinil - The Likelihood of SJS

sjs provigil rash modafinil

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 wni420

• 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 09:49 PM

Ive done cycles of Modafinils over years...

...And it seems I do start to get some rashes in random places

So just now, on my Modafinil cycle, I started getting those rashes

In the past they seem to have subsided when I took some time off.

This time Ill record, SPECIFICALLY how long it takes for the rashes to disappear 

However, Its a bit surprising to me given the other strong skin aid supplements Im taking, yet Modafinil is still doing its skin damage (Modafinil, I take 200-400mg, 2-3x per week):

High Dose NAC 2-3g per day

High DHA Fish Oil 1.5-2.5g per day

Accutane 80mg per day

And Ive been very strict with a nutritional protocol that I know is OPTIMAL FOR ME, cant speak for anyone else (gluten-free, dairy free, low-carbs)

Those won't help, because Modafinil increases histamine-release - doesn't matter if you remove any obvious allergens - in susceptible people, your histamine-levels will reach such a high level that many things you'd never react to otherwise, will start causing reactions - like the additives in the Modafinil-pills.

Anyways, I recommend you try out LEVOcetirizine - not regular Cetirizine (zyrtec, etc) - LEVO. The Levo-enantiomer is the most selective of the two, and won't cross the blood-brain barrier, while the racemic mix will - for some, it cancels the effects of Modafinil to a great extent - for others, regular Cetirizine has no effect on Modafinil's effects. Depends on how much your cognitions responds to histamine, and not DA or NE, I guess.

Levocetirizine is the first-line medication when it comes to Urtikaria, which is basically what you're describing - it ought to have some effect.

Here's a proof of concept:

https://www.reddit.c...mines_bad_idea/

Thanks for the info brother!

Definitely going to give the LEVOcetirizine  a try!

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#32 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:22 PM

Ive done cycles of Modafinils over years...

...And it seems I do start to get some rashes in random places

So just now, on my Modafinil cycle, I started getting those rashes

In the past they seem to have subsided when I took some time off.

This time Ill record, SPECIFICALLY how long it takes for the rashes to disappear 

However, Its a bit surprising to me given the other strong skin aid supplements Im taking, yet Modafinil is still doing its skin damage (Modafinil, I take 200-400mg, 2-3x per week):

High Dose NAC 2-3g per day

High DHA Fish Oil 1.5-2.5g per day

Accutane 80mg per day

And Ive been very strict with a nutritional protocol that I know is OPTIMAL FOR ME, cant speak for anyone else (gluten-free, dairy free, low-carbs)

Those won't help, because Modafinil increases histamine-release - doesn't matter if you remove any obvious allergens - in susceptible people, your histamine-levels will reach such a high level that many things you'd never react to otherwise, will start causing reactions - like the additives in the Modafinil-pills.

Anyways, I recommend you try out LEVOcetirizine - not regular Cetirizine (zyrtec, etc) - LEVO. The Levo-enantiomer is the most selective of the two, and won't cross the blood-brain barrier, while the racemic mix will - for some, it cancels the effects of Modafinil to a great extent - for others, regular Cetirizine has no effect on Modafinil's effects. Depends on how much your cognitions responds to histamine, and not DA or NE, I guess.

Levocetirizine is the first-line medication when it comes to Urtikaria, which is basically what you're describing - it ought to have some effect.

Here's a proof of concept:

https://www.reddit.c...mines_bad_idea/

Thanks for the info brother!

Definitely going to give the LEVOcetirizine  a try!

No prob's! ^^ Good luck, and good health to you, friend!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sjs, provigil, rash, modafinil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users