• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Preworkout Stimulant as Nootropic? Damn!

preworkout stimulant nootropic contraindications

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

#61 knutsayang

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:19 AM

How are other users getting on with it? I am entering my third week with it I think. I haven't stepped on a scale in just over a month but my last weigh in was 190lbs with a large percentage of that being body fat. When I get a chance to weigh myself I will. This stuff is a real appetite destroyer. I've never had anything work so effectively at that and believe me, I've taken a lot of shit that claims it can. OEP was pretty good but this is better. Even on my 2 days off my hunger cravings were practically nonexistant. I was surprised and a bit concerned because I wasn't sure if Craze's appetite suppressing effects were carrying over into my days off or if over the past few weeks of only eating 1 meal a day, I've "re-calibrated" my body to desire less food.

I will keep you guys updated. My hope is that this stuff is safe and that tolerance or withdrawal doesn't develop.

I think reducing food consumption to 1 meal a day sounds fairly dangerous. You might want to do something about that. I did the same previously on dexamphetamine and developed heartburn and gastric reflux. I also found that Craze gave me dry mouth, increased trips to the loo, and dry eyes. It seems pretty much like a diuretic like I found dexamphetamine to be.

Regarding those who think this thread is made-up but convincing, I am flattered. Lol. But you must keep in mind that I stopped using it like i mentioned earlier because of dependence on it, which I am afraid semi-retarded-individual is also beginning to exhibit by judging from his lethargic off-days. So while it might be useful for cramming sessions or an all-nighter or two, I am too worried about using it long-term just because of how lousy i feel when i am off it after about 2 weeks of using it (keep in mind though, that i was overdosing unlike semi-retarded-individual). I am not sure if I would consider it a nootropic but more of an amphetamine-like stimulant.

Edited by knutsayang, 21 May 2012 - 05:25 AM.

#62 What'sAllThisThen

• 101 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:12 AM

This thread reads like it was written but a group of DS shills but check my post history, I am a regular and fairly longtime member here.

Actually, it was your presence among others that provided more confidence that it was not a shill. I just meant earlier on in the thread history there was a lot of hype and low post counts. I never said anything, because I didn't investigate individual members, it was just an overall feeling while reading some amazing testimonials.

Thanks again for the further elaboration on your dosing. Do keep us informed of how well the breaks work in preventing tolerance and/or preventing below baseline behavior.

Regarding those who think this thread is made-up but convincing, I am flattered. Lol. But you must keep in mind that I stopped using it like i mentioned earlier because of dependence on it,

Yes, I noticed that as well so it went a long way of proving it wasn't spam. I used to read BB.com and knew about many of the favorite pre-workouts and never heard of Craze. So when you came along hyping up Craze even more than those I was initially suspicious. After going back to the boards I found it was a favorite there as well.

I might try it as I could use something that actually works for once. Although it'd be wonderful to have something like this for daily use, I'm not one to do that (maybe my tune would change after I feel the effects and desperately want it daily). So I would plan to use it for workouts, game days, and occasional usage. Hopefully it works for me, but it wouldn't be the first "OMG, this is the best, most amazing thing ever" that came along that might as well have been a sugar pill for me.

Thanks again for all the info.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:13 AM

Okay, I just ordered this stuff and it was to Semi-Retarted-Individual posts. I too didn't see any of the usual posters here that back up their data with facts and science. So I thought I was reading some hype supplement that was all about to take your money and crap.

It seems that this is just a more powerful stimulant and nootropic in one since the ingredients work well together. However reading the posts, Semi-Retarted Indivi is taking it everyday. I would assume to take only a few times a week like 2 to 3 instead of everyday.

Since this is a type of stimulant like product, your body will build tolerance to it. So I would implement taking it 2 to 3 times a week..taking like that for 1 month..... and then being off it for sometime like a few weeks to get rid of tolerance.

Edited by X_Danny_X, 22 May 2012 - 09:15 AM.

#64 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

Ordered a tub and will report back ;-)

#65 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:40 AM

i orderded mine from amazon from (US METABOLICS LLC).

#66 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:12 AM

Very interesting stuff. I'm currently combining it with Wellbutrin, Piracetam and Ropinirole. I was a heavy coffee drinker and have a high tolerance to stimulants. Now I only drink 1/2 cup. I have developed a tolerance and now actually prefer to redose 1/2 scoop 3 times a day.

I'm able to edit/write with increased focus/productivity.

Oddly, I tend to feel a bit shaky before redosing, while not feeling overstimulated.

Another note: Craze takes a while to "kick in" for me, and it's quite pleasurable to do an aerobic workout with low intensity, then pick up the pace when I feel the Craze coming on. It seems to increase "runner's high."

Edited by Junk Master, 25 May 2012 - 05:17 AM.

#67 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

I just wanted to come back with an update. I believe I just finished my third week taking DS Craze pretty much daily and while up until now I've experienced nothing but good effects from it, the last few days have made me sort of nervous.

I was drinking my usual dose (1 scoop in 16.9 fl oz water) at my usual pace, or maybe even slower, when I suddenly felt overwhelmed. I started noticing a pain in my left arm and in my chest on the left side and felt like it might've radiated to the left side of my face near my jaw a bit. My perception changed and I felt like I might pass out which is something I've never done before. It came on suddenly and was reminiscent of my ECA stack experimentation which sent me to the ER twice. I was just sitting at my desk talking to someone when this happened. I wasn't exercising or exerting myself in any way.

Today I again started drinking my usual dose and just like the day before, the pain in my left arm and chest show up. I didn't get the panicky feeling of almost passing out today but tingling pain and discomfort were definitely the same. I've only experienced this when taking the ECA stack and methylene blue. It is quite disconcerting.

DS Craze doesn't make me anxious, nervous of jittery. Read a few posts up where I go into detail about how it normally affects me. Anyway, these few experiences have made me a little nervous. I definitely won't be going over 1 scoop because this stuff is strong.

I am not necessarily changing my stance on Craze. I think it works. I just think we need to be careful and I am posting this in the interest of full disclosure. Just because this is an OTC supplement doesn't mean you can assume it is completely safe. Only take the recommended dose.

I will also say that my days have been long, stressful, and I've still only been eating 1 meal per day. I work about 12 hours a day and am constantly on-call. It's possible my lifestyle is partially to blame but without a doubt, the arm pain and chest pain come on after drinking Craze and disappear about 1-2 hours later and this is something I've reproduced 3 times.

Anyone else have a similar reaction? Is it odd that after 3 weeks of being nearly side-effect free I start having these episodes?

#68 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:52 AM

Be careful! I don't think eating one meal a day and high stress is a good combination with Craze! I definitely feel it's stronger than 200 mg of Modafinil.

Edited by Junk Master, 26 May 2012 - 03:53 AM.

• like x 1

#69 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

I just wanted to come back with an update. I believe I just finished my third week taking DS Craze pretty much daily and while up until now I've experienced nothing but good effects from it, the last few days have made me sort of nervous.

I was drinking my usual dose (1 scoop in 16.9 fl oz water) at my usual pace, or maybe even slower, when I suddenly felt overwhelmed. I started noticing a pain in my left arm and in my chest on the left side and felt like it might've radiated to the left side of my face near my jaw a bit. My perception changed and I felt like I might pass out which is something I've never done before. It came on suddenly and was reminiscent of my ECA stack experimentation which sent me to the ER twice. I was just sitting at my desk talking to someone when this happened. I wasn't exercising or exerting myself in any way.

Today I again started drinking my usual dose and just like the day before, the pain in my left arm and chest show up. I didn't get the panicky feeling of almost passing out today but tingling pain and discomfort were definitely the same. I've only experienced this when taking the ECA stack and methylene blue. It is quite disconcerting.

DS Craze doesn't make me anxious, nervous of jittery. Read a few posts up where I go into detail about how it normally affects me. Anyway, these few experiences have made me a little nervous. I definitely won't be going over 1 scoop because this stuff is strong.

I am not necessarily changing my stance on Craze. I think it works. I just think we need to be careful and I am posting this in the interest of full disclosure. Just because this is an OTC supplement doesn't mean you can assume it is completely safe. Only take the recommended dose.

I will also say that my days have been long, stressful, and I've still only been eating 1 meal per day. I work about 12 hours a day and am constantly on-call. It's possible my lifestyle is partially to blame but without a doubt, the arm pain and chest pain come on after drinking Craze and disappear about 1-2 hours later and this is something I've reproduced 3 times.

Anyone else have a similar reaction? Is it odd that after 3 weeks of being nearly side-effect free I start having these episodes?

You're describing classic symptoms of angina or myocardial ischemia and/or infarct (heart attack), no? Have you had a cardiac evaluation? Had your markers (troponin, etc.) checked? I wouldn't ignore this.
  • like x 1

#70 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

You're describing classic symptoms of angina or myocardial ischemia and/or infarct (heart attack), no? Have you had a cardiac evaluation? Had your markers (troponin, etc.) checked? I wouldn't ignore this.

After a similar episode with the ECA stack I went to the ER and they took my blood pressure and performed an EKG and everything checked out. I've had this happen numerous times when taking stims of some form or another (although it's never occurred when taking caffeine by itself).

I am going to cut the dose in half (1/2 scoop) and see if the pain comes back.

#71 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

If I had similar symptoms on repeated occasions, and had even been to the ER, there's no way I'd be messing with stims. Listen to your body. Then again, it is your body, right.

#72 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

I won't argue the recklessness of what I'm doing however I cut my dose in half today and felt fine. Perhaps 1 scoop is just too much for me.

#73 knutsayang

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:22 AM

Mate I don't think that sounds healthy at all. Please try and eat more regularly and I would even try and go off the supplement for a while. I was feeling quite unhealthy at the end of two weeks and taking over the recommended dose and that's why I stopped. I think it is better to use it 2-3 times a week if at all, considering what you describe. Why don't you take a few days off and try and go it alone and see how you feel?

Also please make sure you are drinking enough water. Not enough water in the system puts greater load on the heart. This is common across all stimulants and especially the ones like Dexampetamine and Craze where your body tends to eliminate water on its own (diuretic).

I hope the other people on the board who have put in orders also are careful with this stuff. Just to make my position clear as the starter of this thread, I do not condone the long-term use of this stuff as its safety and efficacy are unknown. Please be careful and use your judgement wisely.
  • like x 1

#74 bestbefore

• 48 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:16 AM

I must say, I have a tightness in my left chest that isn't going away and the pressure increases when I breathe very deep. I also feel it in my left upper back. I don't know if my muscles are just overworked from the weights or if it's something else. I also got suddenly out of breath when playing tennis last week. The pressure on my left chest increased greatly for about 5 minutes and I couldn't take a deep breath because of this pressure. I used Craze that morning, but I don't know if this was muscle related or maybe dehydration.

#75 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

is anyone using it for other things than working out? I mean like for just normal day to day job duties or studies alone?

#76 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

After about 2 weeks use of Craze I decided to dump the rest,haha. This stuff is too addictive for my personality. I ended up using it just to wake up and throughout the day. It didn't even make me want to workout it made me want to clean like adderall. If you can use this stuff in moderation it would be a great tool but anything in my experience that makes me feel that good and keeps me awake is going to cause issues in the longterm. Probably get burnt out on the stuff or need it just to function after awhile. I have a super addictive personality though and am in Recovery for drug addiction. There was one night where I was clenching my teeth hard and I realized that I had to stop. I'd rather have natural clean energy that I don't have to keep redosing and doesn't cause mild paranoia. This can be done by eating tons of fruit and cutting back on breads. Also limiting caffiene to 1 cup of coffee or tea per day.

#77 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:37 PM

16.9 oz of water is quite alot for one scoop is it not? Or im gussing it's cus so it lasts you throughout the day.

#78 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

ok so took mine 4 hours ago. 1 scoop in 500 ml of water. I think it took an hour or so to feel something. Now 4 hours later, i do feel focused but not on the level i read earlier (adderall etc). I ve also noticed i sweat more and the sweat has got a stronger smell (i usually dont sweat alot and when i do, it's hardly smelly). Also when i pass gas it has a more profound smell too. Anyways, it was only the first go, and i didn't go gym but trying to see if it can help me read stuff and improve game play. I'll give the gym a go tomorrow or so.

#79 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

Might be actually a bad idea to work out while on this stuff, since we are hearing some classical cardio, take note that breathlessness is a very very very very bad sign. I cannot stress somebody I know died thinking it was asthma, and it turned out to be a heart problem later, now somebody with no underlying cardio vascular predispositions should do fine, but any pain on one side of the body, breathlessness pretty means STOP.

I bought a tub, but i'm going to be very careful about it.

On the other hand stuff like pain on one side of the body are not unheard of in stims, but we are talking like high dose adderall, methamphetamine, mephedrone and so on. These drugs do seem to cause these symptoms in long term high dose users and are usually non fatal, but they become long term annoyances.

#80 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

Just tried it out here is a quick summary from my point of view.

1 Scoop:

Effect:

Flavour was actually pretty good, it did taste like cheap candy but not worst than eating piracetam straight. This stuff looks like a dangerous magic potion when you pour it into cold water.

Induction of hyperactivity in one scoop, increased wakefulness like caffeine but also a little sharp like meth or amphetamines.

As with all stimulants of the amphetamine sort, the sober clarity cancels out creative flow, less stimulated and interested in the environment. Too much apathy here

Losing track of brain too stimulated, having memory gaps, concentrated on small details.

Paranoia increased. Too panicky and hyper to be ideal for a working situation (I work in media), definitely don't feel at ease at all.

1 and a half scoops:

The focus is certainly there, but its oddly Ritalin like, almost some weird derivative that has quirks of both Ritalin and Meth/Amphetamine. I don't feel sociable or confident at all, I do feel apathy. Its very machine like, but also i'm too scattered brain to do anything requiring lots of cognitive intelligence.

Going outside I feel much more present in my body, amphetamine like where I feel my body more my environment is less affecting me, but NO feeling of wellbeing at all, nor wanting to socialise, but its one of those I don't mind talking to people, but only if they talk to me (thats very psychological paired with my own insecurities around people and so forth). In fact its exactly like Ritalin in the sense it makes me want to crawl into a shell with books and computers.

Little effect on my cognitive functions, my recall is slightly better but thats due to having better energy and stimulated mind, but lacks the definite ability increase like other nootropics.

Physical Side Effects:

This is where Craze is remarkable there are next to no peripheral side effects. I feel like I should be jittery from the stimulation, but i'm not. I don't feel like my cardiovascular system is going all haywire like with amphetamines, most of all my dick has stayed mostly the same size (another difference from amphetamines)

There is a slight increase in temperature in my body, sometimes I get little pains on my chest but very very little not enough to warrant any panic. Mouth is slightly drier and so is skin, but definitely no big deal compared to the dry mouth you get from amphetamines.

Hope this helps you guys. It's not as impressive as I hoped, still very undecided about its worth. Will post if a comedown ensues.

Going to test a higher dose perhaps with low dose benzo, but all in all so far it's barely worth it. Maybe the amount of amphetamine like substances in it varies from batch to batch which explains why some people are getting phenomenal results.

Edited by Major Legend, 30 May 2012 - 07:47 AM.

#81 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:44 AM

[Accidental Repost]

Edited by Major Legend, 30 May 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#82 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Added another half a scoop, because seems like the effects were waning. The paranoia is still there, now at two scoops its definitely got a semi-amphetamine thing going on, but no sense of well being. The concentration is great, but I hate the paranoia.

Also did more searching and came across this thread

http://anabolicminds...es-didnt-2.html

Some people are experiencing seizure like symptoms, as well as some eerie symptoms of cognitive behavior. Really not sure how safe this stuff is.

I have no idea how long it lasts, been about 7 hours now, but i've been adding doses. It doesn't feel like it lasts a long time. I seem to go up slowly and now down slowly...

Would like to know the duration of this supplement for everyone else to get a better sense of how its working

Edited by Major Legend, 30 May 2012 - 11:24 AM.

#83 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Nice report! Let's hear some more.

#84 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

For people asking about amphetamine analogs, there are actually some rather easily available to someone who can google decently(. Most of them would have lasting stimulation possible keeping people up from my experience. For example(fluoroamphetamines, but there are also many many others. just fluoro-subbed ones seemed to fit the described effects best), I've tried 4-fa, 2-fa, and 2-fma(I'm not an idiot with the dosing of any of them, don't bash me for sharing knowledge, and don't point me to studies related to 4-chloro-amp and other halogens being very neurotoxic.. I know and 4-fa is clearly an outlier shown in at least 2 studies by well known people in the field(Nichols)). So anyway, ALL of those three I've tried had almost NO physical sideeffects compared to say adderall or even vyvanse. I think they are weaker norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors(personally my belief is the reuptake blocking of norepinephrine is what causes many of the side effects in amphetamine and other stimulants.) And while getting off topic, that the release of norepinephrine has a positive effect on alertness/wakefulness/etc without nearly as many negatives as if the reuptake was also highly blocked. Anyway besides feeling almost exactly like regular amphetamine(better imo if anything, and I'm not talking recreational use really..lol) with little to no side effects, 4-fa also lasts for the good part of the day with the main stimulation wearing off after 4-6 hours and slowly decreasing. The same is similar for the others, except 2-fa which lasts a tad shorter than regular amphetamine.

I just thought since there were so many posts asking about amphetamine analogs, they would almost certainly be illegal to put in something intended for human consumption under the federal chemical analog act, but I don't believe that has stopped companies before.. Anyway I've never tried the mix you guys are talking about so I can't compare, but it sounded semi-similar. 4-fa has binding affinity data very close to amphetamine except less norepinephrine reuptake and more serotonin release(but still not really much more unless youre taking recreationally, which isn't what this site is about so :P). There are also studies on the neurotoxicity of 4-fa being rather low based on certain markers(like when serotonin concentration returned back to baseline, it basically did within 24hours with 4-fa, where as much more potent neurotoxic drugs, methamp being a good example, cause a much longer lasting decrease in serotonin which may be permenant..idk.)

I don't recommend anyone to try these as this is "brain health", but if you're going to be trying out random bodybuilding blends that refuse to list their ingredients.. then I feel like it's just as much of a risk(at least you know what you're taking with pure amphetamine analogs). And they do work, honestly I'm positive thoughtfully spaced(1 week or more in between) low doses of 4-fa taken with the proper nutrition, hydration, antioxidants, etc would not have a noticeable detrimental effect, all amphetamines are somewhat neurotoxic so..I'm not sure i guess I'm sure there is some "damage." Just remember they prescribe METHAMPHETAMINE daily...and at therapeutic doses people don't seem to notice negatives(however I would not use meth daily... or any amphetamines..haha).

Back on topic, I'm rather interested in what chemical is responsible.. might order some... I could certainly tell if it was amphetamine-like..hahah. If it feels like super clean amphetamine(4-fa), or relaxed amphetamine(2-fa).. it could be :P You could always do some reagent tests, no? To atleast narrow it down.. just an idea.

edit:
ok reading the experience posted right up there, I doubt its a fluoro-amp analog, but the paranoia sounds like some cathinone derivative(maybe an analog of MDPV, a-pvp or something idk).

Edited by golden1, 30 May 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#85 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:12 PM

Final note:

The stimulation is pretty impressive its been 16 to 17 hours and its still slightly there, i'm still more focused and work-like from my baseline temperament, no come down so far no spiralling negative thoughts. The paranoia is gone now, but the clarity is still impairing my creative flow, it would seem good clarity and great creativity just don't mix. Would explain why douchebags are usually so insensitive and tasteless, though we know that from studies of cortical arousal and latent inhibition. I mean I have no tolerance to the stuff and don't take stims frequently apart from caffeine.

Thinking of maybe using this one or twice a week, would be nice to somehow offset the paranoia but benzos don't do anything for paranoia this causes, not enough anyway, the lack of sociability almost makes me want to tweak it with small dose of MDMA or something, I really hate MDMA. Tried it with alchohol too, (just a drink to test the effects) seems to mellow the paranoia away but at the cost of focus so that idea doesn't work, besides drinking is bad for me in many ways.

Not a big fan of the dryness either, it seem too powerful and dangerous to use continuously . Using something like an amphetamine for work-out is pretty silly anyways and could complicate any underlying cardiovascular problem. I mean that thread on anabolic mind was pretty creepy.

#86 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:53 PM

Many of the threads on anabolic minds are pretty creepy, ISTM. I have some Craze, but I haven't yet taken any. I'll update when I get around to it. Likely the focus and drive reported to result from it will come in handy in the next few weeks (heavy work schedule ahead.)

#87 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Added another half a scoop, because seems like the effects were waning. The paranoia is still there, now at two scoops its definitely got a semi-amphetamine thing going on, but no sense of well being. The concentration is great, but I hate the paranoia.

Also did more searching and came across this thread

http://anabolicminds...es-didnt-2.html

Some people are experiencing seizure like symptoms, as well as some eerie symptoms of cognitive behavior. Really not sure how safe this stuff is.

I have no idea how long it lasts, been about 7 hours now, but i've been adding doses. It doesn't feel like it lasts a long time. I seem to go up slowly and now down slowly...

Would like to know the duration of this supplement for everyone else to get a better sense of how its working

Today is my second time trying this. Focus and motivation is there. However I have not felt the mood brighting thing people have talked about. If anything on my second go I felt a bit down mood wise. Light depression. Or perhaps i was just tired because i did some strength training too.

#88 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:38 PM

Just to add the day after, I had brain fog all day but not severe enough to stop me from working this disappeared around evening time so it takes roughly another day for the come down to wear off. I didn't feel negative at all, but my brain was definitely not working at full speed, got that amphetamine burnt out feeling, glad its cleared away relatively quickly.

#89 unregistered_user

• 721 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

I am feeling a weakness in my arms and hands and a slight loss of dexterity. Probably due to poor diet and dehydration. This stuff kills my appetite.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

I am feeling a weakness in my arms and hands and a slight loss of dexterity. Probably due to poor diet and dehydration. This stuff kills my appetite.

Same, loss of appetite here too. I don't see the point of using this for workout if i can't maintain a proper balance of diet. I mean how are my muscle going to grow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: preworkout, stimulant, nootropic, contraindications

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users