• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Milligrams per 1/8 tsp (Pramiracetam + Aniracetam)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 AlexanderHamilton

• 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

Quick question.

I know the milligrams per 1/8tsp of powders like Pramiracetam is a function of the density of the substance.

Does anyone know how many milligrams of Pramiracetam are in 1/8 of a teaspoon? Is Aniracetam significantly different?

Thank you for your help! :)

#2 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

I found a forum post elsewhere that says the "rule of thumb" for racetams (and any substance with similar density and granularity) is 1/4 teaspoon is roughly equal to 1gram.

Thus the answer to my question -according to this single source- is 1/8 teaspoon is about 500 milligrams.

What say you??

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Well, its density when loosely packed may only be 50-90% of its density when tightly packed.

Additionally, 1/4 teaspoon of loosely packed aniracetam is only about 480 mg, according to smartpowders. This, if correct, means your figures off by a factor of 2.

#4 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

Well, its density when loosely packed may only be 50-90% of its density when tightly packed.

Additionally, 1/4 teaspoon of loosely packed aniracetam is only about 480 mg, according to smartpowders. This, if correct, means your figures off by a factor of 2.

Interesting! Thank you for the rapid response.

Not to say "I don't believe you!", but I now have 2 different sources saying different things. Can anyone else chime in?

Dash, that being said I am inclined to believe posters HERE in Longecity v.s. the random amazon forum I'm quoting. I just want a little extra info.

#5 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

Well, I am merely quoting SmartPowder's figures, and I am in fact not misquoting their figures. Whilst you cannot verify this via their website (due to their inability to present information 100% effectively), you can take my word for it that on my aniracetam there is a label which clearly says (despite some wear and tear from handling) "¼ Teaspoon: 560 mg".

Their information could be wrong, but in my experience, racetams aren't as dense as your original figures.

Edited by dasheenster, 08 May 2012 - 03:28 PM.

#6 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:30 PM

Well, I am merely quoting SmartPowder's figures, and I am in fact not misquoting their figures. Whilst you cannot verify this via their website (due to their inability to present information 100% effectively), you can take my word for it that on my aniracetam there is a label which clearly says (despite some wear and tear from handling) "¼ Teaspoon: 560 mg".

Their information could be wrong, but in my experience, racetams aren't as dense as your original figures.

Perfect response.

As far as I am concerned, this thread is closed!

However, please let's keep it open. For the benefit of any future nootropic users.

Thank you again Dasheenster.

#7 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'm not sure about prami, since I haven't had the financial wherewithal to try it yet, or about oxi, since I think it's terrible, but piracetam and especially aniracetam are highly compressible. If I had to guess, SmartPowders measured the uncompressed powder.

I don't see why we should close this thread, seeing as there are potentially many other sources citing powder densities, and about which I have not had the good fortune to learn.

I'd also be interested to see how large the variance/std. dev. is between batches, to see how consistent the density is across all batches and all companies. There's not too much in the scholarly archives about racetam density, but it doesn't mean someone else can't locate other relevant info. I'd also be interested to see how compressible the powders are, and also how their compressibility varies across companies and batches.

But in my experience, if you find that you benefit from having consistent doses, it's better to invest in a $30 milligram scale than to rely on some scoopers.

Edited by dasheenster, 08 May 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#8 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

Because of its compressibility aniracetam is a difficult powder to accurately measure volumetrically. If you use a lot of force when scooping up the powder you'll end up with something around 750mg in your quarter teaspoon. If you scoop it lightly it is in fact closer to 5-600mg. It's pretty fluffy and compressible.

Pramiracetam usually has a pretty large grain size and is heavier per volume. If I remember correctly prami is about a gram per ¼ teaspoon.

Piracetam is usually just about a gram per teaspoon as well.

Oxiracetam differs from batch to batch but should be about 800mg-1g per quarter teaspoon.

Nefiracetam is 660mg per quarter teaspoon (too large of a dose, definitely buy a scale if you decide to try this one)

Noopept is 520mg per quarter teaspoon (just don’t take the stuff without a scale either)

I’ll double check some of these when I get back from this trip, but from my memory these figures should be pretty accurate.
  • like x 1

#9 AlexanderHamilton

• Topic Starter
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

Because of its compressibility aniracetam is a difficult powder to accurately measure volumetrically. If you use a lot of force when scooping up the powder you'll end up with something around 750mg in your quarter teaspoon. If you scoop it lightly it is in fact closer to 5-600mg. It's pretty fluffy and compressible.

Pramiracetam usually has a pretty large grain size and is heavier per volume. If I remember correctly prami is about a gram per ¼ teaspoon.

Piracetam is usually just about a gram per teaspoon as well.

Oxiracetam differs from batch to batch but should be about 800mg-1g per quarter teaspoon.

Nefiracetam is 660mg per quarter teaspoon (too large of a dose, definitely buy a scale if you decide to try this one)

Noopept is 520mg per quarter teaspoon (just don’t take the stuff without a scale either)

I’ll double check some of these when I get back from this trip, but from my memory these figures should be pretty accurate.

Gorgeous response! Thank you!

Your username is great too. I get absolute Mania from my stack... and I love it. I would say it is the key to my new-found success.

#10 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Or you could just buy a milligram scale for $21
http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B0012TDNAM
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Algernoot

• 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:53 PM

Or you could just buy a milligram scale for $21
http://www.amazon.co...m/dp/B0012TDNAM

I bought one of those and just shipped it back a few days ago as I couldn't get it to turn on. (Yes, I tried other batteries as well). The whole thing was pretty flimsy and some of the comments say it's inaccurate. Still, probably more accurate than measuring volume with a scoop. I ordered a different scale that only has a resolution of 0.01g, but that should be enough for now. If I continue using racetams, I'll probably invest in a decent lab-quality milligram scale. I am a LITTLE concerned that I won't be getting consistent dosing if I rely on a scoop. :unsure:

Edited by Algernoot, 18 July 2012 - 04:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users