Ashwagandha - a miracle herb

ashwagandha panic attack anxiety

• Please log in to reply
816 replies to this topic

#781 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

as a person who has taken like 20 types of different ashwaghanda extracts powders and pills brands, i must say they all have the same nasty side effect. they are stimulatory and feel a bit like amphs and coke, but much much milder and natural (which the body has much better response to) but end up being nasty as synthetic stimulants with those comedown effects where you feel weaker and depressed after it has stopped working and need to redose and it doesnt really serve well to find alternative to counter act this. its especially bad when you combine it with other stimulants like coffee or god forbid actual coke or amphs. i have ended up super psychopathic when i mixed it with other stimulants or even antidepressants. I STILL CANT FIND COUNTER ACTIVE TO THE COMEDOWN, dear lord. this is annoying!

the guy who started this thread that this is cure all, should be warned and have had the title changed. very irresponsible and dangerous!

Used Ashwaganda for many years as part of my synergistic regimen, without any stimulant effect or comedown, but rather amazing results. Stimulants or Antidepressants I do avoid though like the plague, because on their own they can indeed leave you super psychotic.

Your assessment of Ashwagandha seems a little like FDA's of Kratom, which also might cause death, but only with other dangerous drugs combined.

that could be it, mixing these two with various things and causing bad reactions. but the thing is, how do you know which to mix it with? thats the problem with herbs that have potency, they might interfere with any medication you might need to use. for example kratom caused me severe liver disease i barely overcame, but how if not on its own, how do i know what was combined with it to cause this?

in both cases, i think these two herbs are potent and should be avoided in combinations with either meds or other herbs

#782 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

as a person who has taken like 20 types of different ashwaghanda extracts powders and pills brands, i must say they all have the same nasty side effect. they are stimulatory and feel a bit like amphs and coke, but much much milder and natural (which the body has much better response to) but end up being nasty as synthetic stimulants with those comedown effects where you feel weaker and depressed after it has stopped working and need to redose and it doesnt really serve well to find alternative to counter act this. its especially bad when you combine it with other stimulants like coffee or god forbid actual coke or amphs. i have ended up super psychopathic when i mixed it with other stimulants or even antidepressants. I STILL CANT FIND COUNTER ACTIVE TO THE COMEDOWN, dear lord. this is annoying!

the guy who started this thread that this is cure all, should be warned and have had the title changed. very irresponsible and dangerous!

Used Ashwaganda for many years as part of my synergistic regimen, without any stimulant effect or comedown, but rather amazing results. Stimulants or Antidepressants I do avoid though like the plague, because on their own they can indeed leave you super psychotic.

Your assessment of Ashwagandha seems a little like FDA's of Kratom, which also might cause death, but only with other dangerous drugs combined.

The kratom propaganda is real.

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 02 December 2017 - 07:38 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#783 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:40 PM

^ all it did was cause me severe liver damage other than that, very sweet herb i wanna hug it!

#784 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

^ all it did was cause me severe liver damage other than that, very sweet herb i wanna hug it!

I just tried quoting you for I was going to ask you. Yeah I take it a lot and love it. But I have heard of some potential liver problems. How much did you take?

I think it might be milk thistle that you are supposed to take with it. 

#785 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:49 PM

lol milk thistle wont do a damn shit. i have been using milk thistle for 5 years and i still got liver damage. i was told by several herbalists, milk thistle is only good for regular cleansing to an already healthy liver in combination with other things. it wont do anything to prevent serious damage from drugs or nasty herbs like kratom

#786 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

lol milk thistle wont do a damn shit. i have been using milk thistle for 5 years and i still got liver damage. i was told by several herbalists, milk thistle is only good for regular cleansing to an already healthy liver in combination with other things. it wont do anything to prevent serious damage from drugs or nasty herbs like kratom

So should I stop using kratom? I take like 8 grams a day. How many grams a day were you taking? 

#787 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

I don't get stimulant effects at all from it. It simply knocks me the fuck out and I get amazing dreams, normally very sexual based dreams actually. I have to take 2-3 of them though depending how tired I am already.

And I get groggy in the mornings. Caffeine normally sorts that out.

#788 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

jiminy thats up to you. i dont take kratom anymore and i dont care for it.

consequences, it depends which extract you take though. sensoril is the sleepy one from what i gather but both of them stimulate me specifically.

for the guy who said he has been taking it with his stack for a long time, try to stop and see how you feel for a month. this "amazing" herb as people put it, actually does have side effects and downregulation of something in the brain because i can clearly feel shitty after doing it for more than a week regular basis. just today in fact after this thread reminded me of it, i took some and it worked great for 3 hours or so, then i crashed so bad, i felt tired and depressed. i honestly think this stuff should not be overused

#789 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:40 AM

That sounds really scary but you are the first person I read about this stim high, and major crash maybe you were taking a big dosage?

or you might have had a thyroid issue?

#790 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:42 AM

Milk thistle is very weak, I heard NAC and TUDCA are better for the liver.

#791 Jiminy Glick

• 235 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

Milk thistle is very weak, I heard NAC and TUDCA are better for the liver.

Yes, Nac, I have some but it tastes awful and makes your breathe just as bad. 

jiminy thats up to you. i dont take kratom anymore and i dont care for it.

consequences, it depends which extract you take though. sensoril is the sleepy one from what i gather but both of them stimulate me specifically.

for the guy who said he has been taking it with his stack for a long time, try to stop and see how you feel for a month. this "amazing" herb as people put it, actually does have side effects and downregulation of something in the brain because i can clearly feel shitty after doing it for more than a week regular basis. just today in fact after this thread reminded me of it, i took some and it worked great for 3 hours or so, then i crashed so bad, i felt tired and depressed. i honestly think this stuff should not be overused

Perhaps downregulation of the opoid system. Yes I want to get off it though because it decreases sex drive. Not that I have a girlfriend now but in the future maybe I will and it does definitely decrease it. However this is the plant to cure the opoid epidemic.  

Edited by Jiminy Glick, 03 December 2017 - 01:32 PM.

#792 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

That sounds really scary but you are the first person I read about this stim high, and major crash maybe you were taking a big dosage?

Yeah I agree it could be that hazy is sensitive to the thyroid hormone stimulating effect of Ashwagandha. I've never felt Ashwa to be anything similar to psychostimulants, it's possibly the most calming of all adaptogens. Then again things like paradoxal reactions do happen, some people report benzos make them energetic.

#793 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:36 PM

Yeah I agree it could be that hazy is sensitive to the thyroid hormone stimulating effect of Ashwagandha. I've never felt Ashwa to be anything similar to psychostimulants, it's possibly the most calming of all adaptogens. Then again things like paradoxal reactions do happen, some people report benzos make them energetic.

how do i know if i have thyroid issues? only through doctor's tests? well, i dont wanna bother with annoying asshole doctors but if i was to know it will be nice.

anyway i have to mention this again, different types of ashwagandha work differently on me, sensoril is not stimulative as much as ksm66 so keep that in mind and im not sure which ones calm you down. the type that stimulates me the most though, is kind of addictive too and i do crash when i take too high dose early in the day. but the issues could really be that, 1) i do take really high doses and 2) maybe i do have thyroid problems but i have no idea if i do. and yes, benzos, depending on the type again, can give me some stimulation in certain times.

Edited by hazy, 03 December 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#794 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:27 AM

what about for sexual boost, libido and stamina. anyone experimented if it helps with that? since i read lots of advertisement related to it, ive tried it just today, and maybe the alcohol i had beforehand disrupted it, but i didnt really get any stamina or anything from ashwagandha. im just curious if anyone does, comparison to energy drinks like redbull for example

#795 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:51 AM

what about for sexual boost, libido and stamina. anyone experimented if it helps with that? since i read lots of advertisement related to it, ive tried it just today, and maybe the alcohol i had beforehand disrupted it, but i didnt really get any stamina or anything from ashwagandha. im just curious if anyone does, comparison to energy drinks like redbull for example

Ive heard mixed reviews on the Sexual libido.

I think the KsM66 is the one for athletic performance an testosterone.

So you only tried it one time today and you expect instant reaction? These natural herbs take time you have to give it a couple weeks man and be consistent with your diet, they are supplements after all, So dont expect to have increase stamina, libido if you are eating crappy and not consistent with your working out.

I know for stamina Coq10 works for me I take 50mg one pill in the morning with breakfast and it gives me good stamina but it keep sme up if I take it too close to bedtime so I take in in the morning.

Also beets, I juice whole beats with an apple and carrot and drink that and for some reason it gives me good energy and good for libido for men I think it helps with the blood flow to the private region.

Edited by Malf, 04 December 2017 - 06:52 AM.

#796 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

no i was taking ashwagandha for a while if you read my previous posts where i was dosing a bit too high in fact and i was stimulated and felt groggy and depressed when i didnt take my regular dose. i just decided to finally try it before sex event which i havent done before and it didnt work out. anyway, everyone is different i guess maybe it works for some but i probably need some steroids or something really potent to work for me as im quite numb to most herbs and vitamins

#797 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:38 PM

no i was taking ashwagandha for a while if you read my previous posts where i was dosing a bit too high in fact and i was stimulated and felt groggy and depressed when i didnt take my regular dose. i just decided to finally try it before sex event which i havent done before and it didnt work out. anyway, everyone is different i guess maybe it works for some but i probably need some steroids or something really potent to work for me as im quite numb to most herbs and vitamins

What is your age and do you workout like weight lifting or jogging regularly?

And how is your diet

If you have a crappy diet, sedentary lifestyle, and don't exercise your libido is not going to get any better, try those first before opting for testosterone.

#798 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

yeah i get that i havent exercised in a long time and my diet is ok i dont really eat too much crap at all now days. but definately the problem is the alcohol use and lack of exercise and this i get tired fast if i do anything physical, including sex. my libido actually is quite high but having sex drains me as quick. no stamina at all, but thats why i was hoping ashwagandha will change all of that. thats what i was reading in the reports anyway that it causes resistance to fatigue and helps with sex. it just didnt do that, and thats the point i am making. taking it regularly, even if you drink alcohol and not exercise it should still provide some benefit, no? then whats the point?? you might as well just start exercising and have good lifestyle of adequate sleep and diet and get better results than ever spending money on it! some advertisement...

#799 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:00 AM

yeah i get that i havent exercised in a long time and my diet is ok i dont really eat too much crap at all now days. but definately the problem is the alcohol use and lack of exercise and this i get tired fast if i do anything physical, including sex. my libido actually is quite high but having sex drains me as quick. no stamina at all, but thats why i was hoping ashwagandha will change all of that. thats what i was reading in the reports anyway that it causes resistance to fatigue and helps with sex. it just didnt do that, and thats the point i am making. taking it regularly, even if you drink alcohol and not exercise it should still provide some benefit, no? then whats the point?? you might as well just start exercising and have good lifestyle of adequate sleep and diet and get better results than ever spending money on it! some advertisement...

Hey diet, workout is the best and first option always, lazy people want the easy route plus working out and eating healthy only helps you enjoy your life every day better no more sluggishness and its good for you.

A sedentary lifestyle with a crap diet causes a lot of these illnesses.

Ashwaghanda is not going to work none of these supps will work if you dont live a healthy life, people want quick things without putting in the work, you gotta change your routine man and you will see a difference eating bad, not working is going to defeat anything good a supplement can help boost you with.

Your body is like a car, you gotta tune it up, and feed it the best fuel possible, putting crap into it and not starting it up or driving it will hurt it, same goes for your body.

Edited by Malf, 07 December 2017 - 04:01 AM.

• Cheerful x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#800 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

yeah thanks i understand this but if someone is ill and doesnt have a good lifestyle because he cant for whatever ill he has, i thought a supplement that people claim a lot of good things to do, will help such people but i guess not. the whole title of this thread is misleading and im sad that something wont give me that extra boost to help running for example, from which i get tired awfully fast lately. well, there are still some things that work and give some energy, simple things like caffeine. ashwaganda just doesnt, my conclusion

#801 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:06 AM

yeah thanks i understand this but if someone is ill and doesnt have a good lifestyle because he cant for whatever ill he has, i thought a supplement that people claim a lot of good things to do, will help such people but i guess not. the whole title of this thread is misleading and im sad that something wont give me that extra boost to help running for example, from which i get tired awfully fast lately. well, there are still some things that work and give some energy, simple things like caffeine. ashwaganda just doesnt, my conclusion

Maybe its the brand you took the potency was low?

Consumer labs said only pure encapsulations, Solaray and plnt by vitaminshoppe Ashwaganda contained the label amounts of the ones they tested.

The thing is from what I read it takes time for a supplement to kick in, some work differently, Melatonin for example that gets me sleepy within 30 rto 40minutes, overall health stuff like Ashwaghanda work synergistic and better with a good diet and workout you wont see some instance reaction with it from what I gather.

For stamina I find beet works and coq10

• Informative x 1

#802 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

well ive tried many, but the most researched ones and the ones with high quality are sensoril and ksm66 and i did notice them but i developed tolerance and they have short half lives as i assume all of ashwagandha does. and its not strong, potent enough as a steroid would to help with athletic performance at  least in my opinion.

anyway, im still looking for something that boosts stamina that is not steroids and coq10 and beets never did anything for me, except beets really stained my teeth :/

#803 Malf

• 79 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

well ive tried many, but the most researched ones and the ones with high quality are sensoril and ksm66 and i did notice them but i developed tolerance and they have short half lives as i assume all of ashwagandha does. and its not strong, potent enough as a steroid would to help with athletic performance at  least in my opinion.

anyway, im still looking for something that boosts stamina that is not steroids and coq10 and beets never did anything for me, except beets really stained my teeth :/

I dont know what to tell you man, it seems you want a pill to do everything for you without having to do much at all.

Coq10 works for me because I workout, motivation comes from within.

How is your lifestyle are you sedentary do you have a strong Will, or are you a pessimist, you seem to expect miracles from supps, they are supplements meaning supplemental to your diet.

what does your everyday look like in terms of diet, and workout, what is you weight age etc these things take into account. Do you have health issues that could be a reason for your stamina problem.

I dont think anything will be as powerful as steroids or Epo man, when you buy supplements you cant expect those type of powerful results lol

Edited by Malf, 08 December 2017 - 10:57 PM.

#804 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

ok so what does ashwagandha does to you then? because from reading this thread, people say it works for them, they can feel it with no side effects to which i disagree from personal experience its too weak, has side effects and long term you develop tolerance so im curious to know how come nobody else experiences this

#805 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

This is what I take that KO's me. Massive headaches in forehead the next morning though.

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B00URRK6WS/

Is there anything I can buy on amazon UK to use instead to not only KO me but get a good nights sleep in the winter?

#806 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:08 AM

what do you mean KOs you?? ive taken organic india brand few times before, it usually requires higher dose than most because its not standardized but whole root powder. it never KOs me, it just subtly works for few days and then it doesnt, just like all other brands i have done

#807 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

It literally KO's me, I can't move my limbs or anything on 3 of them, with just one my brain shuts down.

#808 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

wow you must have not been doing any hard drugs in your life. it makes sense for people to get such reaction from herbs if they never abused hard drugs and alcohol. i guess its my downfall

#809 Consequences

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

Nope. Been clean since 2010, no alcohol or anything either.

Before that I used to smoke a joint every so often.

Before that I used to be addicted to cannabis but got out about a month before that peer group switched to cocaine.

Not done any class A's.

I want to try psychedelics for self growth but that's all.

You think that's why it hits me so hard?

I must say the first time i tried it I had 3 capsules, 12 hours of wonderful sleep later... ive been chasing that and not managed to find it since.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#810 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:19 AM

absolutely i think because you are clean it affects you more profoundly. when i was clean, ill get affected by everything like simple vitamin c to senna which is a lexative, i honestly thought it was a nootropic i felt so clear minded. but that was when i didnt do drugs for a year or so.

anyway, as i have mentioned this many times before, ashwagandha has a strong and nasty tolerance curve which will quickly make it obsolete. i think you should probably take time off every 1-2 weeks and use it only few days for any good effect. even in my state, i can still get some feeling from it if i use it once or twice a week. its just not a very reliable stuff long term and tolerance and very short half life, a huge bitch

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ashwagandha, panic attack, anxiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users