Photo
- - - - -

Uridine 5-monophosphate vs Uridine Triacetyluridine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 viget

• 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

What's the difference between these two?
I thought the uridine is uridine, so I started taking Uridine Triacetyluridine.
However, the people on here refer uridine as Uridine 5-monophosphate 300 mg rather than Uridine Triacetyluridine.
I've done a quick search, and it seems that some amounts of Uridine Triacetyluridine is equivalent to some amounts of Uridine 5-monophosphate. Is this true? Or are they different things?
Which one should I go for?

Thanks.
  • like x 1

#2 Raza

• 454 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:51 AM

Triacetyluridine (TAU) is normally more biavailable, and fat soluble. If you wanted to take either kind orally, you'd need much less of this one.

Uridine monophosphate (UMP) is water soluble, and can be taken sublingually to drastically increase the amount that gets to your brain. Taken this way, you still need higher doses of it than you do of TAU, but the price difference makes it far more cost effective. Some people also report effects from sublingual UMP that no amount of oral TAU reproduces. Sublingual UMP is the uridine of choice for most of the enthusiasts on this forum.

I think 100mg of oral TAU is very roughly equivalent to 300mg of sublingual UMP, on the scale of doses people have been taking.

Edited by Raza, 20 June 2012 - 07:56 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Do you know the solubility of TAU? I have bulk TAU and am not sure about the quality, as TAU already tastes putrid on its own. Anyway it's hard for me to know how pure this is because i need something that it is soluble in to give some kind of indication if there are other solid particulates in it. Tried dissolving it in olive oil and it doesn't work. Supposedly this drink Nucleomax has triacetyluridine in it which is a bit confusing because it's a very low fat drink and I can only imagine dust floating around in it.

#4 kimrick

• 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:52 AM

This post is slightly off-topic but highlights my TAU - UMP experience. I hope you won't mind. My disclosed sources are not connected to me in any way except by purchase.

I take the following first thing in the morning (after coffee):

480 mg DHA - [four Omega-3 Fish Oil caps, 120 mg DHA each] - (swansonvitamins.com #SW1253)
500 mg Cognizin Citicoline - (swansonvitamins.com #SWU246)

I wait 15-30 minutes for them to dissolve and become bioavailable, then I take:

300 mg UMP Enhanced Sublingual Powder - (superiornutraceuticals.com),
weighed on an AMW-100 .01g scale - (amazon.com, < $10.00). 1/8 tsp is effectively 300 mg.

Then eat nothing for 15 - 30 minutes or until UMP is assimilated. That's it.

I had been taking CR TAU + alpha GPC + dha for several weeks. Nothing at all. Then I replaced alpha GPC with the Citicoline and 2 - 25 mg caps CR Ltd oral TAU with the sublingual UMP. After 10 days I started to become aware, at last, that the uridine + choline + dha studies weren't just empirical abstracts but really apply in the wild, so to speak. The truth is always in the details, no? This works, at least for me. I would not go back to alpha GPC and oral TAU.

The most expensive component is, easily, the citicoline. Anyone know of a bulk powder source?

I'm very grateful to longecity.com for everything everybody has shared with me. Thank you.
  • like x 5

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 Gengar

• 3 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:49 AM

You can find both UMP and CDP choline at nootropics depot dot com for pretty cheap. I'm not affiliated with them, but am using their CDP choline with great results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users