• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Noopept - long-term experience (more than a simple nootropic)

long-term noopept euphoria social nootropic

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#61 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

Not to be a downer but I'm finding the stuff pretty useless. Actually sometimes it's hard for me to believe that all the good things people say about this stuff is true. Or maybe I'm just jealous. Then again I have only been on it for 2 days. Maybe after the 14 day mark things will improve, though I'm highly skeptical about it [bordering on cynicism]. I love how everyone says they take it sublingually and notice a super strong nootropic effect. My first instinct is to take more but I think I'm gonna play it rational and just take the recommended dose for 14 days.

This isn't indicative of a problem or that the product isn't effective. For instance, with piracetam, a friend of mine and also my wife both do not feel a thing (they claim hehe) when using it. I cannot fathom this as there is a definite change that is noticeable. But anyway.. after 2 days at a tiny dosage it won't kick in right away for some people. Noopept is different in that regard. Give it a week I'd say. But if you don't respond you just won't.

True man. I've taken it over 2 weeks now and I would say it's causing a definite difference. I kept the dose low between 10-20 mg. I notice that I am more positive. I've received some motivation from this supplement, as well as more of a 'sensual' understanding and social understanding. [when i say sensual I mean of the organization of my senses , not sexual]. When I say I get motivation, it's like, it's easier for me to take actions and get my day going automatically and with less effort. Keep in mind I'm depressive and find even simple things difficult so when this effect happens it's pretty noticeable though it is a mild effect. There is a lessening of anxiety somehow, it's as if my comfort level is increased. And sometimes, it seems like I live more inside of time, rather than outside of it- I'm more in the moment. Again, these are mild effects, but still significant and they compel me to continue taking noopept.

There is no effect on my libido. I've been lasting longer during sex but this may be unrelated.

Sometimes there are short term memory/ focus problems, or, this effect where certain things are shuffled into the unconscious part of your mind without really noticing. other people have mentioned this. However I find this effect is more prominent at high doses [40-100mg] , and at the lower 10-20mg dose it's actually a beneficial effect. it's kinda hard to explain. It's like you're more aware of your attention span or something. Anyway, like manic_racetam said, the higher the dose, the more side effects, and not more benefit.

i have vivid dreams or nightmares at times [very unusual for me], sometimes there seems to be a more interrupted and fragmented sleep [but I do have sleeping problems already], other times it seems that sleep is more restorative whenever I actually do sleep [like if i sleep for 3 hours and then another 3 hours for example.]. Keep in mind that over the past many years I actually have almost completely stopped dreaming or having any dream recall. Perhaps this noopept is doing something to my sleep, maybe making me dream more or have a different transition from sleep to wake. Not sure.

Edited by protoject, 28 July 2012 - 06:40 PM.

• like x 1

#62 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:44 PM

Quick update... I've been taking bacopa in the morning and high-hypericin SJW at night time, the SJW has helped the sleep problem greatly. Honestly, the noopept did definitely cause some kind of sleep disturbance [hard to get to sleep, stay asleep, go back to sleep]... so ive been keeping my dose to 10 mg just in case... in any case the SJW definitely has restored my sleep ability.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

update: I'd say that 5/7 days in this past week I've got at least 6 hrs. of sleep , though last night I've had one of those difficult sleeps again. Anyway, my update on Noopept is this... yes, it still has anti-depressant and anxiolytic action.. it's like behaviours become more fluid and I am able to do more things [keep in mind I experience treatment-resistant depression].. This effect is especially great if I have slept properly... it's like suddenly my life is more in "ON" mode instead of "recoil from reality" mode. I am getting more done, faster, and easier. Life isn't perfect but I can see definite improvements with this drug.

however I am still seeing these short-term memory loss side effects even when getting adequate sleep. To explain better it's like this.. .being in a very familiar place but having a somewhat unfamiliar perception of the place. So, I would say that there is possibly a slight confusion even. Strange no? I thought that was a nice take on the short-term memory side effects that others might be experiencing too.

Even though what I describe is short term memory loss or confusion, I am not sure exactly what it is. As others have noted, certain behaviours seem to be shuffled into unconsciousness or one becomes less aware of what they are doing. It's kind of hard to describe but it seems to happen whether you are doing something Smart or Dumb. If you realize it when you do something dumb [for example forgetting your keys or something] then it seems shitty, and if you realize it when you do something smart [doing a better job at work than usual] then you seem to think it's a positive effect [like "hey I'm automatically smarter now!"] I don't know what it is though.

The other thing is, the fragmented sleep still persists though it seems less prominent since I've been taking the sedative herbs. But the sleep is particularly weird. It's like I wake up and my brain feels all confused, in a half-dreaming kind of state. It's that same kinda feeling you get when you wake up from a chaotic dream and your mind is still chaotic when you wake up. I'd say intense dreaming is still going on as I mentioned before, but it is now leaking into my waking state less often, except for what i just described. I believe this is from Noopept because it has been happening only since I've been taking it.

Edited by protoject, 06 August 2012 - 10:37 AM.

• like x 2

#64 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:58 PM

after ingesting noopept how long does it take to feel the effects? How long does it last?
I've been on it for 5 days and don't feel a substantial difference.
Have anyone ever tried to read a technical book while on it? I was expecting that I would be able to grasp concepts more easily , but I find I still have to think just as hard.

Is this something that takes time for the effects to be noticed?

edit: i doubled my dose to 20mg and noticed an elevated mood , but it was brief and didn't notice anything else.

Edited by jayfoxpox, 07 August 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#65 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

For me the effect of the first (very small) dose was very quick (15-30mins) and very noticeable. But I should say that I had been on pramiracetam in the days prior to the first dose, so I may have experienced a synergy or add-on effect that might not be felt if you start noopept without the -racetam build-up. The effect was a spreading tingling in the crown of my head, followed by a sense of (not unpleasant) pressure which lasted for several hours and seemed to be accompanied with more focus. I also got the stereotypical enhancement of shiny surfaces and detail (but hard to separate from the effects of prami + choline, which are similar and which last for several days after I stop taking the -racetams). I noticed a nice mood lift, too, but that could easily have been placebo.

I have to stress that I'm *very* sensitive to the -racetams. This is not necessarily a good thing -- I find 800mg of Piracetam overpowering (it makes me feel very tired, not at all positive), and quite often Oxiracetam in small doses causes a strange reaction in my ears which seem to engorge with blood and cause distorted sound perception (booming, like you get with a swollen eardrum). Aniracetam in "pinch-of-salt" doses can give me a totally unproductive brain fog as well as enhanced vision. So I was (and am) very, very cautious with noopept, taking a dose other people would find laughably small. But I know the feeling of the -racetams very well, and I find noopept is similar but, somehow, smoother -- so far without the not-so-pleasant side effects I experience with most -racetams except Prami (which I take in similarly minute doses). NB no libido-reduction problems after two weeks of noopept at these doses.

#66 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

after ingesting noopept how long does it take to feel the effects? How long does it last?
Have anyone ever tried to read a technical book while on it? I was expecting that I would be able to grasp concepts more easily , but I find I still have to think just as hard.

edit: i doubled my dose to 20mg and noticed an elevated mood , but it was brief and didn't notice anything else.

Perhaps it's time to start questioning the quality of the powder in your possession.

I stopped taking noopept for a month. I'm going to start again soon when school starts.

#67 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Perhaps it's time to start questioning the quality of the powder in your possession.

I stopped taking noopept for a month. I'm going to start again soon when school starts.

maybe, I'm buying 10g from cerebralhealth since I read that they quality is good.

Btw when you read a textbook , do you find that the concepts come to you much more easily?

#68 TheVP

• 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:46 AM

How do I measure it down to 10mg, even with a scale this is difficult. Tired it only once right now and felt the brain fog like the Racetams give the first times using it and nothing else but possibly more attention and a better mood.

#69 MrHappy

• Guest, Moderator
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:23 AM

How do I measure it down to 10mg, even with a scale this is difficult. Tired it only once right now and felt the brain fog like the Racetams give the first times using it and nothing else but possibly more attention and a better mood.

You could always measure out eg. 100mg onto a flat, non-porous surface and use your credit card to split it into eg. 10 groups. Creating 'lines' is the easiest way to accurately split it using this method.

For more information, contact your local coke-head/dealer, or watch some 80's movies.
  • like x 2

#70 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:18 AM

That's why I just measure out a larger dose into a mL equal of water. for example 500mg of noopept mixed with 500mL of water until fully dissolved, then take just as many mL as you need.
  • like x 1

#71 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:50 PM

anyone think it's a good idea to mix the noopept with other parts of the stack. For example, mix 100 mg of noopept with 4500mg alcar and 3400mg NALT
mix them in a small blender and have a scoop that's about 800mg? SWIM thinks that even with a blender the ratio will be extremely inconsistent.

#72 dreth7

• 47 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

No need for "swim" here lol xD
  • like x 3

#73 noopeptisgood

• 76 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:20 AM

I received noopept from Cerebral Health which I found ineffective.

#74 thegron

• 53 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Congrats for the moral courage of persevering with noopept, in spite of the tide of fear that scared so many others in this forum (specifically males dreading that noopept will compromise their sexual performance). The world goes forward because of brave souls like you!

Noopept can cause sexual performance issues!?

#75 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:47 AM

Congrats for the moral courage of persevering with noopept, in spite of the tide of fear that scared so many others in this forum (specifically males dreading that noopept will compromise their sexual performance). The world goes forward because of brave souls like you!

Noopept can cause sexual performance issues!?

In larger than recommended dosages it can cause a reduced seminal fluid volume upon ejaculation. Other "sexual side effects" are unverified so far and mostly speculation.

That's my opinion at least. Other people insist it "must be" an effect on testosterone levels, but I just see that as unverified speculation until someone gets the testing done to prove it. But I highly doubt it's hormonal because personally my libido seemed unaffected even at 200mg per day sustained dosing. (Don't take doses that high, it's unnecessary and the long term side effects are unknown for this substance)

#76 thegron

• 53 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:49 AM

Interesting... I'm going to do some research before thinking about using it. For now, piracetam works just fine. :-D

#77 astronautsoffduty

• 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:40 AM

Can anyone attest to the quality of the pill directly from Russia? I found it here: http://www.awakebrain.com/Noopept.html
It seems a lot easier to take a 10mg pill straight from the source rather than dealing with powders of questionable consistencies.
Anyone tried this?

#78 NeverSayDie

• 135 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:31 PM

Can anyone attest to the quality of the pill directly from Russia? I found it here: http://www.awakebrain.com/Noopept.html
It seems a lot easier to take a 10mg pill straight from the source rather than dealing with powders of questionable consistencies.
Anyone tried this?

Not to mention questionable manufacturing. I'd bet the most, if not all, the bulk powdered "noopept" comes from China or India. Personally, I'd pay the extra money and get the real Russian noopept tablets. Yeah, its a lot more expensive, but it is worth it in my opinion. I find it quite incredible that people are ingesting mysterious powders purchased off of ebay. I somewhat admire that kind of trust in humanity. Unfortunatley, I don't have such trust. Any jackhole can sell who-knows-what (contaminated with who-knows-what) on there an call it noopept. I value my health and my brain too much to consume mysterious white chemical powders purchased from an online auction. I personally haven't experiemented with noopept, but if I did...I wouldn't be buying bulk powders and for sure wouldn't be buying it from places like ebay. This is a potential disaster waiting to happen.
  • like x 1

#79 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 05:29 PM

Agreed! IIRC CerebralHealth is trustworthy for bulk powders (according go what I've read). Some UK vendors are also testing on quality (e.g. MindNutrition?)

Anyway, it's probably best not to be penny-wise.... Plus, powders are almost always bitter?

Edited by @now, 29 August 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#80 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

MindNutrition don't do Noopept (yet?). In the UK you have to get it from Intellimeds.The powder I got from them seems the real deal -- very powerful, distinctive mushroom smell, works as described in very small doses, no nasty side-effects (at said small doses).

#81 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:02 PM

In an attempt to not de-rail this thread, if you guys would like to continue talking about vendors, please head to the Retailer/Product Discussion forum. Thanks
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#82 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:39 PM

I still take noopept on and off, so I suppose on somedays it feels worth it. I'd like to try 1000mgx2 aniracetam+noopept 20mg a day. They seem to mix wel short term for me anyway, aniracetam makes the noopepts weirdness go away for me, and I like aniracetam :P

#83 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yes. 1-2x 10mg noopept in the morning plus 600mg aniracetam. Optionally around lunch I add 600mg aniracetam or one Neurostim (450mg aniracetam, DMAE and vinpocetine, MindNutrition premade stack).

I'm looking for another stack to cycle it with (any suggestions?), but this works pretty good. I am definetely more focused, motivated and nicer. Also more empathy. Funny thing is that the "social antenna" stays when I'm on a break.

Edited by @now, 30 August 2012 - 10:35 PM.

#84 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

I enjoyed aniracetam a lot and lion's mane made similar perspective differences and every day my brain felt cleaner and better.. haha. Maybe you could cycle with that? I can't use lion's mane now as it seems to interefere with the benzodiazepines I'm literally stuck on... but whenever I can use it again I definitely am.

#85 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

One time I said noopept worsened my insomnia, however I think this might be inaccurate because last night I slept a good amount with out much problems and the night before wasn't too bad either [and both nights were 100mg nights]. So prior insomnia may have been coincidence.

Scratch that, it definitely worsens my insomnia without a doubt. Almost every time i take it , it's hard to even get 4 hrs of sleep. This sucks because this substance is one of the only one that works to make me motivated and enhance my cognition. ARGH!
  • like x 1

#86 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

One time I said noopept worsened my insomnia, however I think this might be inaccurate because last night I slept a good amount with out much problems and the night before wasn't too bad either [and both nights were 100mg nights]. So prior insomnia may have been coincidence.

Scratch that, it definitely worsens my insomnia without a doubt. Almost every time i take it , it's hard to even get 4 hrs of sleep. This sucks because this substance is one of the only one that works to make me motivated and enhance my cognition. ARGH!

Why not grab some time released melatonin to take at night?

#87 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

'Cuz it causes a similar problem (it used to help but now it makes things worse, like I said in another thread perhaps it's because of the similar raise in ngf/bdnf that occurs w/noopept but I have no idea)

#88 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

"being in a very familiar place but having a somewhat unfamiliar perception of the place"

I experienced this one during a bout of suspected mini stroke, that left me brain damaged after leaving hospital and came back everynow and then, thats not a good sign.

Its like you would go into a carpack and it looks totally different to how your remember it spatially and visually, very weird. Like you had preconceptions of what a car park looks like and then you forgot, you'd be like t your home, but it doesn't feel like your home or look like it, pretty freaky huh.

#89 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:42 PM

Does that happen at any dosage? It only seems to interfere with my sleep if I take it after 8pm or so. I noticed you said you take bacopa during the day, but you could also try taking it at night for the sedative effects. Some people find ashwagandha to help with sleep as well. I tried gotu kola a few times and it was too sedating for me, but maybe it would work better for you.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#90 longtimesmoker

• 8 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Hi does anyone know what will happen if you take noopept and have high blood pressure. Also will this help repair or reverse the effects of long term marijuana usage as i have been smoking for 9 years now and ive stopped for 3 months and noticed my verbal fluency, intelligence, sociability, long and short term memory well basically my whole mind has been severely affected as i used to be very intelligent and social before but know i cant seem to have conversation with anyone or understand and remember anything i read from a book or complete any academic tasks without struggling a lot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: long-term, noopept, euphoria, social, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users