LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

The Definitive Single Dosage Poll for Racetams and Noopept

piracetam oxiracetam aniracetam pramiracetam noopept

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: The Definitive Dosage Poll for Racetams and Noopept (144 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your own optimal dose for piracetam? (closest)

1. 400mg (10 votes [6.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

2. 800mg (16 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. 1600mg (12 votes [8.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

4. 2400mg (16 votes [11.11%] - View)

5. 3200mg (10 votes [6.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.94%

6. 4800mg (21 votes [14.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.58%

7. MORE! (12 votes [8.33%] - View)

8. I have not tried this drug or I haven't found my optimal dose (47 votes [32.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.64%

What is your own optimal dose for oxiracetam? (closest)

1. 400mg (9 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. 600mg (8 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

3. 800mg (21 votes [14.58%] - View)

4. 1200mg (6 votes [4.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.17%

5. 1600mg (4 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

6. 1800mg (1 votes [0.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.69%

7. Pfff, I deal in multiple grams, I'm one rich mofo. (2 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

8. I have not tried this drug or I haven't found my optimal dose (93 votes [64.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.58%

What is your own optimal dose for aniracetam? (closest)

1. 400mg (12 votes [8.33%] - View)

2. 600mg (16 votes [11.11%] - View)

3. 800mg (20 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

4. 1200mg (9 votes [6.25%] - View)

5. 1600mg (6 votes [4.17%] - View)

6. 2400mg (3 votes [2.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

7. I have not tried this drug or I haven't found my optimal dose (78 votes [54.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.17%

What is your own optimal dose for pramiracetam? (closest)

1. 100mg (6 votes [4.17%] - View)

2. 200mg (8 votes [5.56%] - View)

3. 300mg (11 votes [7.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.64%

4. 400mg (8 votes [5.56%] - View)

5. 800mg (9 votes [6.25%] - View)

6. 1200mg (1 votes [0.69%] - View)

7. 1600mg or more! (1 votes [0.69%] - View)

8. I have not tried this drug or I haven't found my optimal dose (100 votes [69.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.44%

What is your own optimal dose for Noopept? (closest)

1. 10mg (34 votes [23.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.61%

2. 20mg (24 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. 30mg (21 votes [14.58%] - View)

4. 50mg (3 votes [2.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.08%

5. 100mg (2 votes [1.39%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.39%

6. 140mg or more (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. I have not tried this drug or I haven't found my optimal dose (60 votes [41.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 knutsayang

• 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:33 AM

Hey guys,

A lot of people on this board seem to (initially at least) struggle with finding the correct dose. I am just doing this poll to get some indication of the the most common 'sweet spot' in terms of mgs that people manage to find.

Of course, the more number of people participate in this poll, the more accurate picture we get!

Also, this poll is regarding single doses, not total daily doses.

Hope this post is useful for everyone, especially as newer people come on this board.

Edited by manic_racetam, 25 June 2012 - 11:36 PM.

#2 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Good idea... although let's hope some consensus arises as opposed to finding that the bar is about equal length for all dosages of all compounds!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

These doses are too high for me. I can't take more than about 200mg Piracetam per day without getting negative effects, and even less for Oxi- and Ani- (50-100mg).

#4 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Are these total daily dosages?

#5 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

I voted on the assumption that they are single doses, but it's a good question though: it's worth clarifying, OP.

Edited by Heraclitean, 25 June 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#6 knutsayang

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

I posted it thinking of it as a single dose. Is there any way you could change my first post to indicate this poll is for single doses and NOT total daily doses?

These doses are too high for me. I can't take more than about 200mg Piracetam per day without getting negative effects, and even less for Oxi- and Ani- (50-100mg).

Wow i didn't know that anyone felt effects at such small doses. I wish I was you! :D Sorry I did not give you an option to choose in the poll. But it's good that you posted here so people know that it can work for some people at even lower doses.

Edited by knutsayang, 25 June 2012 - 11:02 PM.

#7 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

I posted it thinking of it as a single dose. Is there any way you could change my first post to indicate this poll is for single doses and NOT total daily doses?

Let me know if that works for you. If you'd like to reword it differently just PM me and I'll change it accordingly. I'll also re-vote :)

#8 knutsayang

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:35 AM

Let me know if that works for you. If you'd like to reword it differently just PM me and I'll change it accordingly. I'll also re-vote :)

Looks about right! Thank you! :)

#9 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:16 AM

Wow i didn't know that anyone felt effects at such small doses. I wish I was you! :D Sorry I did not give you an option to choose in the poll. But it's good that you posted here so people know that it can work for some people at even lower doses.

Yes, those micro-doses are daily total for me with a similar dose of choline precursor (Centrophenoxine/Lucidril). I can *definitely* feel the effects at this dosage level, and if I take much more, I get paradoxical effects (tiredness, dizziness, short-term amnesia, inability to concentrate, basically the opposite of what you want from the racetams). There are some people who get significant effects with micro-doses, and these have been discussed in some threads, e.g. http://www.longecity...am-micro-doses/ .

Either some people eliminate it much more slowly than others, or else the acetyl-choline receptors are already more dense, or maybe in general people are taking much higher doses than necessary. Since many of the pharmacological doses were established for Alzheimers sufferers, it stands to reason (for me) that healthy brains would not need those kinds of doses. However, with the racetams, there seems to be no possibility of accurately generalizing the most effective dose for each individual, unfortunately.

#10 OpenStrife

• 101 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:53 AM

For my Pramiracetam dosing, I usually take 600mg per dose. 300mg can work, but only if I barley want to notice any changes of effects. 600mg seems to give me quite a nice functioning boost while not being too over the top. I haven't experimented with much higher doses... other than taking 600mg, and 300mg 30 minutes after. I just experience an increase in intensity of the effects. Never any negatives.

#11 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

pretty much all of them listed if I go over my dose by too much give the same type of tired brainfog as each other. It's interesting and I wonder what the cause is.

#12 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Hey guys,

A lot of people on this board seem to (initially at least) struggle with finding the correct dose. I am just doing this poll to get some indication of the the most common 'sweet spot' in terms of mgs that people manage to find.

Of course, the more number of people participate in this poll, the more accurate picture we get!

Also, this poll is regarding single doses, not total daily doses.

Hope this post is useful for everyone, especially as newer people come on this board.

This poll is a great idea; however, unfortunately it is severely flawed, because the dosage increments in most cases start too high :dry:

For example, personally my ideal dosage of OXIRACETAM, money no object, is 100mg OD ;)

#13 Dude1962

• 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

The answer of " I not tried this drug or ...optima dosage" should be separated. The percentage of ppl who tried the drug and not reached optimal dosage would be an interesting statistic. For eg: more than half of the voters in noopept have used that answer as thier response, but it would be useful to kno whether 1% or 20% of those votes represent those who have not attained optimal dosage.

#14 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

Noopept is some crazy shizzit. I started cautiously (concerned about anxiety or getting manic) with 5mg the first day, then 10 the second, then 20-25 for a couple days, then I pushed it today and did a total of about 50mg. It took a while for full effect to hit me but when it did, I felt like the sky opened and I was up in it looking out over the world. I felt no desire for anything, all was well. After about an hour of that feeling I went back through a normal "foggy" state of basic well-being but then after 2 or 3 hours I lifted back up and experienced certain emotions I haven't felt since I had a severe concussion 3 years ago. But I'm not digging up old emotions based on memories and pointless clinging to the past, instead I've been responding to whatever is happening, and I'm able to focus on more than one thing at once while remembering what happened on both fronts. This is like a miracle drug for me but I know I must cycle it or it will lose the effect. It shows me that my neurons are capable of reconnecting in meaningful ways and that is how I hope to use this.

As for other dosages that are optimum for me (1600 piracetam, 1200 aniracetam), they seem obsolete because I experience only trivial benefits from them compared to what is happening with noopept.
  • like x 1

#15 juanjo_asdf

• 78 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Whats up. I will speak for the oversensitive people in the world.

My top dosage of piracetam was 400mgx3 back in the day, and it worked marvels for me. Recent yeras I backed down to 200mg-400mg once a day.

I am now on noopept, and have gotten great results on 2.5mg, 5mg was overpowering for me.

So people take in cosideration the variability of these substances.
  • Agree x 1

#16 kagalive1985

• 104 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:30 AM

Would like to see a poll for sulbutitamine and pyrinitol as well...

Look forward to sharing my experiences,

Your faithful guinea pig,
kagalive

#17 Darkat

• 25 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

Been using racetams for the last 10 weeks. Started with oxiracetam, but I generally find it too stimulating. Occasionally use 400mg.

Have been using aniracetam daily for last 8 weeks - 1200mg (700 morning and 500 evening). Definitely like the calming, anti-anxiety effect of this.
Have added in 150mg of nefiracetam over the last week and I like the effect it gives of increased focus.

Also use vinpocetine and centrophenoxine daily. Alpha gpc a couple of days a week.

Edited by Darkat, 09 December 2012 - 11:37 AM.

#18 rautavaara

• 15 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:25 PM

Yes, those micro-doses are daily total for me with a similar dose of choline precursor (Centrophenoxine/Lucidril). I can *definitely* feel the effects at this dosage level, and if I take much more, I get paradoxical effects (tiredness, dizziness, short-term amnesia, inability to concentrate, basically the opposite of what you want from the racetams). There are some people who get significant effects with micro-doses, and these have been discussed in some threads, e.g. http://www.longecity...am-micro-doses/ .

Either some people eliminate it much more slowly than others, or else the acetyl-choline receptors are already more dense, or maybe in general people are taking much higher doses than necessary. Since many of the pharmacological doses were established for Alzheimers sufferers, it stands to reason (for me) that healthy brains would not need those kinds of doses. However, with the racetams, there seems to be no possibility of accurately generalizing the most effective dose for each individual, unfortunately.

This is exactly how I respond to Piracetam as well. 150 - 200 mg seems to be the best dose, anything above will have negative effects.

#19 khemix

• 190 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Noopept is amazing.

I never had success with racetams because they made me feel wired and irritable, but this is very different! I took 20mg yesterday and my thinking and reflexes noticeably improved. I did some tests on campbridge and my scores were higher. I took some today again and I got the same effect, but the effect lasted only three or so hours and I'm experiencing some kind of crash. There is still a nice afterglow, but I don't have those crazy fast reflexes.

According to http://photos.imagee...sertEnglish.pdf the half-life is only 15min. That's kind of disappointing.

Edited by khemix, 24 February 2014 - 09:03 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 dedon

• 7 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:36 PM

Noopept is amazing.

I never had success with racetams because they made me feel wired and irritable, but this is very different! I took 20mg yesterday and my thinking and reflexes noticeably improved. I did some tests on campbridge and my scores were higher. I took some today again and I got the same effect, but the effect lasted only three or so hours and I'm experiencing some kind of crash. There is still a nice afterglow, but I don't have those crazy fast reflexes.

According to http://photos.imagee...sertEnglish.pdf the half-life is only 15min. That's kind of disappointing.

anything similiar with longer half life?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, pramiracetam, noopept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users