• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

When I Get Older Documentary

bbc when i get older documentary pensioners old age misery lonliness poverty illness bereavement

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

A deeply disturbing documentary about the lives of pensioners is due to be aired on BBC here in UK called "When I Get Older." From what I've read, it will show the harrowing reality of lonliness, bereavement, ill-health and poverty. Information about it can be found here: http://www.bbc.co.uk...-get-older.html

One of the people who made this programme has already stated that the misery of old age has terrified him enough to make him consider stockpiling suicide pills. To read this article, please visit the internetworking thread where I have posted all of the articles that Google threw up. The therad can be found here: http://www.longecity..._90#entry521234

Oh and please do comment on these articles yourself to show the world that there are people fighting against aging. :)

Edited by Droplet, 28 June 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:56 PM

Most people think about a "comfortable" retirement, but that is not the reality for most people, unfortunately. Most people suffer physically and mentally. Most people are tied to government run retirement programs that are going broke real fast. Certainly a reason to be scared about the future.
  • like x 1

#3 Droplet

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Most people think about a "comfortable" retirement, but that is not the reality for most people, unfortunately. Most people suffer physically and mentally. Most people are tied to government run retirement programs that are going broke real fast. Certainly a reason to be scared about the future.

You hit the nail on the head.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bbc, when i get older, documentary, pensioners, old age, misery, lonliness, poverty, illness, bereavement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users