- - - - -

How to increase 'fight' over 'flight'?

fighting conflict real world situations boxing training

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Gordo

• 45 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:25 AM

Propranalol is reported to help quell the fight or flight response.  It is often used to eliminate problems with or anxiety about public speaking type situations (stage fright, interviews, meetings, presentations, etc).  It is a beta blocker, and lowers blood pressure.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Agree x 1

#92 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 07:18 AM

Propranalol is reported to help quell the fight or flight response.  It is often used to eliminate problems with or anxiety about public speaking type situations (stage fright, interviews, meetings, presentations, etc).  It is a beta blocker, and lowers blood pressure.

Yes you are right, I have tried it as well and always have it with me but propanolol will just 'kill' my physical signs of anxiety and panic (strong heartbeat....) and I cannot rely completely on it. It makes me sluggish and sleepy if I take more than 10 mg. Don't know why but if I take too much my confidence goes down and you cannot take it every day. I can also feel that my brain is not that focused and active as usually so it makes me less effective.  As said before Ashwagandha works so much better and it can be taken every day. It works but it wont turn you in a 'zombie' person, just pure confidence.

#93 Nilton Gadelha

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 June 2016 - 01:03 AM

I have a great experience with this and I was searching for many years the 'right' supplement to raise this 'fight' over 'flight'. I was in such a bad situations (like meeting, presentations... ) that I had to leave the room, with extremely strong heart beat and panic. I had this feeling like 'I will start to cry' and the heat was coming to my head (red flashes and sweating). From time to time I was so obsessed that this bad feeling will come back that I was experiencing troubles in day to day life (in the shopping, talking to the people, parties...) I completely lost the confidence and had insomnia. It was terrible but I never visited doctor. First I tried things like bromazepam but that was not something for daily use and my brain was slow after this so I decided to rely on something natural. I also tried the famous Phenibut.. that thing still scares me and I haven't touch it for the past 1 year. Sometimes it gave me this nice feeling but sometimes 'strange' feeling, and there was a strong potential to become addicted to this stuff.

I tried l-theanine, kava-kava, brahmi, rhodiola, valerian, noopept, panax ginseng, schizandra, holy basil...nothing helped or helped first few days (like valerian).

I was desperate but I was still looking for something that will 'bring me back to my normal state ', something that will make me feel confident like before, without any fear and worries. 

Then I found adaptogen herb ASHWAGANDHA (also called indian ginseng) and this thing really changed my life. I've been using this for the past few years without any breaks, I take only extract form. Its hard to say how i feel, but I can only say that ALL bad feelings disappeared  and I feel 'protected' when I take it. There is no need to 'flight', just 'fight'

So my answer to this is try ashwagandha, it has been my life saver. You cannot be sure that you will have the same benefits but it's worth trying. 

It's possible to experience headaches first one week after taking but this will go away. Its also good to take it before bed for the first 2 weeks (you can expect strong, deep sleep). 

The best extract on the market is called KSM-66, there are some brands that are using this like this one: http://bit.ly/1SPUKaj

You can also try other adaptogen herbs like Rhodiola.. but for me ashwagandha is the one that really changes the way I will. I'm talking about dramatic changes.

Hello Andrey. I read an old post of you, and i noticed that you tried a lot of things to beat your anxiety, mainly when you have some importants presentations. I saw that you used Phenibut and it really helped you. Why are you scare about it now? 

Which one is the most powerfull to beat the anxiety? Phenibut, Ashwagandha or benzo? I know that Ashwagandha is safer, but i would like to know which one is stronger for anxiety.

I bought Ashawagandha from NOW, but i am waiting it arrives. I am thinking to buy Phenibut for use twice a week, but i don't know.

thankss.

Edited by Nilton Gadelha, 15 June 2016 - 01:06 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#94 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

I have a great experience with this and I was searching for many years the 'right' supplement to raise this 'fight' over 'flight'. I was in such a bad situations (like meeting, presentations... ) that I had to leave the room, with extremely strong heart beat and panic. I had this feeling like 'I will start to cry' and the heat was coming to my head (red flashes and sweating). From time to time I was so obsessed that this bad feeling will come back that I was experiencing troubles in day to day life (in the shopping, talking to the people, parties...) I completely lost the confidence and had insomnia. It was terrible but I never visited doctor. First I tried things like bromazepam but that was not something for daily use and my brain was slow after this so I decided to rely on something natural. I also tried the famous Phenibut.. that thing still scares me and I haven't touch it for the past 1 year. Sometimes it gave me this nice feeling but sometimes 'strange' feeling, and there was a strong potential to become addicted to this stuff.

I tried l-theanine, kava-kava, brahmi, rhodiola, valerian, noopept, panax ginseng, schizandra, holy basil...nothing helped or helped first few days (like valerian).

I was desperate but I was still looking for something that will 'bring me back to my normal state ', something that will make me feel confident like before, without any fear and worries. 

Then I found adaptogen herb ASHWAGANDHA (also called indian ginseng) and this thing really changed my life. I've been using this for the past few years without any breaks, I take only extract form. Its hard to say how i feel, but I can only say that ALL bad feelings disappeared  and I feel 'protected' when I take it. There is no need to 'flight', just 'fight'

So my answer to this is try ashwagandha, it has been my life saver. You cannot be sure that you will have the same benefits but it's worth trying. 

It's possible to experience headaches first one week after taking but this will go away. Its also good to take it before bed for the first 2 weeks (you can expect strong, deep sleep). 

The best extract on the market is called KSM-66, there are some brands that are using this like this one: http://bit.ly/1SPUKaj

You can also try other adaptogen herbs like Rhodiola.. but for me ashwagandha is the one that really changes the way I will. I'm talking about dramatic changes.

Hello Andrey. I read an old post of you, and i noticed that you tried a lot of things to beat your anxiety, mainly when you have some importants presentations. I saw that you used Phenibut and it really helped you. Why are you scare about it now? 

Which one is the most powerfull to beat the anxiety? Phenibut, Ashwagandha or benzo? I know that Ashwagandha is safer, but i would like to know which one is stronger for anxiety.

I bought Ashawagandha from NOW, but i am waiting it arrives. I am thinking to buy Phenibut for use twice a week, but i don't know.

thankss.

Hi, its very hard to say what is the best... I had few times really important presentations in front of the board of directors and I made a mix because my idea was to completely 'kill' emotions. I have a problem with strong heartbeat (extremely strong) when I'm waiting for my turn. Its not a problem to start when I wan, I just hate this period when I have to listen other presenters and wait for my turn. During this 'waiting' my heart starts to race. To solve (or minimize) this Propranolol would be the best option. Regarding the benzo, the one I used to take (just for the special situations is bromazepam, this one is the best and will kill the fear but you will remain smart.

Phenibut is a strange stuff. I still don't know how to use it properly and I still don't know what is the best dose for be because sometimes it makes miracles, sometimes no. For me the best way to take phenibut was to take it a day before something important (like presentations or meetings), and I was taking this stuff the night before. The next day I felt relaxed in my head (like I'm flying) and I could feel this relaxation for the next few days. The problem was.. I was sleepy like never before and I almost fall asleep during the meetings). Because of this 'strange' and unpredictable feeling that lasts for few days (I was taking phenibut for only 3 days in a row and then I was making a break) I decided to quit taking phenibut...I still have it at home and I will probably use it again one day in the future (but in really, really special situations).

In order to answer your question for 'situational panic and anxiety' (like presentation or meetings that are scheduled in advance and you can prepare yourself) is the best to take the following (worked well for me):

- before bed (a day before the presentation): 900 mg phenibut  - this will make you sleep like a baby

- next morning - 250 ashwagandha with coffee (this is a must for me) + phenibut 600 mg  - you can also take caffeine (this is important because you want to have caffeine in your blood to stay focused). Phenibut and ashwagandha will kill negative caffeine effect.

- one hour before presentation you can take 20-40 mg Propranolol  + 1,5 mg of bromazepam

This will really make you a fearless beast, but be sure to try this before, just to know how you react on all this stuff.

The problem is, you will really feel sleepy but I would always choose to be sleepy and confident than focused and anxious.  I took this mix maybe 3-5 times in 5 years. This is not something that I would often use. 

As said before, for everyday life and stress ashwagandha works like a miracle and you will remain who you really are. It just works with zero side effects.

#95 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

Common side effects of Inderal include nauseavomitingdiarrhea, constipation, stomach cramps, rash, tiredness,dizzinesslightheadedness, sleep problems (insomnia or unusual dreams), vision changes, deceased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.May 1, 2015

#96 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:53 PM

Common side effects of Inderal include nauseavomitingdiarrhea, constipation, stomach cramps, rash, tiredness,dizzinesslightheadedness, sleep problems (insomnia or unusual dreams), vision changes, deceased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.May 1, 2015

You can forget about all side effects of propranolol if you will use it from time time (just for some situation). So I would say that propranolol is perfectly safe. Nothing will happen if you take 40 mg once in a week.

#97 cheins

• 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:41 PM

fear? if you want to avoid it yourself, be sure you, throughout life we have to go by adopting codes of conduct in order to function in society, and is involving us since childhood that kills largely our own essence and is cause of many diseases, you need to be yourself and you work your safety to do not need any drugs, martial arts are really good for this. when you become a weapon of combat you will be the fight but avoid not to hurt anybody and end up with legal problems, swimming in open water in difficult climates also helped me to be a person with security, as you see there are many ways, I speak from experience, and the best way to see these results is that you experience it for yourself, if you really want to remove this fear, whenever it appears Face it (face something does not mean fighting) is the intelligent solution you will be filled with adrenaline and the'll learn to be really safe time, if you're a great person people think twice before of pushing, analyze yourself to yourself and your mistakes, think about it and how to improve those situations, most people are guided by the physical and what you project with your body in all aspects, you can project force security and peace, finally if a person push you and offend is that person has control over you, are you offended when a fly lands on your arm?

Edited by cheins, 29 June 2016 - 11:59 PM.

#98 truboy

• 178 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:27 AM

Will try 30-40mg sublingual Rhodiola as per AlexCanada suggestion.
  • like x 1

#99 Kturner1990

• 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:43 PM

I didn't read all the replies yet, but to me, it's always seem just a ''habit''. I always got the flight feeling. I wasn't a confrontational person, and was never really in much conflict.. so I wasn't prepared when it happened, and my flight mechanism always kicked in. I joined the army and after a couple months of training with guns, doing combat drills, combatives training.. my mechanism just switched to fight. I always felt energized and slightly hostile when confrontation arose. Maybe more confident as well. I was obviously able to keep it in check, but I had plenty of confidence for fighting if needed. Once I got out of the army and stopped using a weapon everyday, stopped grappling/wrestling training, it slowly went away.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fighting, conflict, real world situations, boxing training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users