Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

New Nootropic: D-Serine

• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

#31 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

I've tried some of these combinations and I can't fully comment yet because it has been a while and I should probably give it another run, but I did feel that subjectively on sarcosine my thinking became more logical.. I did not notice any mood improvements though

#32 middpanther88

• 185 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:16 PM

Is your logic noticeably enhanced? Worth the $?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

it was enhanced in the sense that, sometimes in life your thinking may be skewed by the light of emotion its cast in, making it less rational, it seemed on sarcosine that this kind of thinking was more obvious and it was easier not to think that way, but instead logically.. , not sure if anyone else had the same experience. Is it worth it for me? Hmm not sure.. I'll get back to you on that

#34 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:35 PM

Sarcosine helped my ocd alot, prozac did in a simular way. Indeed sarcosine has been found effective for OCD and related disorders.

Another agent that would be interesting to potentiate glutaminergic function is DHEA.

About DAA crossing the bbb, its up for debate as it doesnt seem capable of leaving the brain however it may be able to enter, all the anecdotes reporting psychoactive effects from it do seem to indicate it does however it appears to release vasopressin and other things wich may account for those effects.

#35 gbpackers

• 49 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:23 PM

how do you know if you have a hypoactive nmda or an overactive one? I'm waiting on my d-serine and pregnenolone so I'm looking forward to seeing how the two stack with my oxiracetam and piracetam combo

#36 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

i found this relating this thread; http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22877923

but i cant read it. anyone can ??

#37 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

it was enhanced in the sense that, sometimes in life your thinking may be skewed by the light of emotion its cast in, making it less rational, it seemed on sarcosine that this kind of thinking was more obvious and it was easier not to think that way, but instead logically.. , not sure if anyone else had the same experience. Is it worth it for me? Hmm not sure.. I'll get back to you on that

meaning bypassing feelings of love through logic and avoidance ? perhaps help the obsessiveness that comes with it. anti-love threatment ?

#38 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

how do you know if you have a hypoactive nmda or an overactive one? I'm waiting on my d-serine and pregnenolone so I'm looking forward to seeing how the two stack with my oxiracetam and piracetam combo

You know by the way you respond to differened things, its nearly impossible to make conclusions just based on symptions.

#39 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

i found this relating this thread; http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22877923

but i cant read it. anyone can ??

D-cycloserine should convert to D-Serine, yes.

Edited by Irish MD, 12 August 2012 - 11:47 PM.

#40 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:27 AM

yeh i just wish i can read this article. not sure why it doesnt show anything for me. so is better to take d-cycloserine or d-serine ?

#41 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:17 AM

yeh i just wish i can read this article. not sure why it doesnt show anything for me. so is better to take d-cycloserine or d-serine ?

D-cycloserine has some borderline neuro "toxic" properties that D-Serine doesn't possess. D-cycloserine is also a partial NMDA agonist, whereas D-Serine can be considered a full agonist.

#42 NMDAstronaut

• 41 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:07 AM

Why would a full NMDA agonist have less neurotoxicity than a partial agonist?

Just wondering where this is coming from. Thanks

Edited by NMDAstronaut, 13 August 2012 - 02:08 AM.

#43 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:52 AM

yeh thats weird. partial NMDA agonist more toxic than full.

#44 gbpackers

• 49 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

i've been taking d-serine with piracetam lately and i'm loving it so far. 1.5 grams + 800mg piracetam feels great... has uplifting mood properties.. increased focus. definitely enhances effects of piracetam as far as I can tell.

edit: Also I've noticed that sometimes I get very uncomfortable and uneasy.. I just sprayed some Pregnenolone and noticed it start happening.. like itchy/restlessness feeling.. not sure if it is the PR Spray for sure or what

Edited by gbpackers, 13 August 2012 - 05:00 AM.

#45 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

i was thinking, i experience symptoms related to restless legs syndrome and fibromyalgia, so i guess i need antagonists for NMDA not agonists right ?

#46 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:53 PM

Got some Glycine,sarcosine, and magnesium with zinc... can't find D-serine. Will see how it goes.

#47 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:43 PM

yeh thats weird. partial NMDA agonist more toxic than full.

It's toxicity is unrelated to its receptor interactions.

#48 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:48 PM

Got some Glycine,sarcosine, and magnesium with zinc... can't find D-serine. Will see how it goes.

D-Serine can be found in the Prototype Nutrition online store.

I've previously used D-aspartic acid, sarcosine, and aniracetam, together with noticable effects.

I plan on using D-Serine with a D-aspartic acid & sarcosine combo (E-Pharm Testforce 2) in the next few months.

#49 unbeatableking

• 238 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:02 PM

Neuron, I have a question: what is the difference between phosphatidlyserine and d-serine?

I am not as schooled in biochemistry as you are, unfortunately. :(

#50 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:47 PM

Neuron, I have a question: what is the difference between phosphatidlyserine and d-serine?

I am not as schooled in biochemistry as you are, unfortunately. :(

Phosphatidylserine is L-Serine with a phospholipid moeity at the carboxylic acid of the amino acid. It will be hydrolyzed in the body, or outside (intestinal lumen), or it may become incorporated fully within the cell membrane. The brain can convert L-Serine into D-serine with a racemase enzyme. The problem is that the phospholpid moeity is extremely large in comparison to the amino acid, and so it would not be effecient to supplement with PS for the purpose of elevating D-Serine.
  • like x 4

#51 unbeatableking

• 238 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

What is your opinion regarding the CILTEP stack debacle?

It is basically a PDE4 inhibitor combined with a cAMP raising supplement.

Excessive cAMP signaling has been associated with gains in LTP but losses in STM. Do you think the serinergics mentioned here will synergise well with the stack?

#52 unbeatableking

• 238 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

I see the efficiency issue has much to do with pricing.

Regardless - how much PS do you think a person should take in order to elicit much of the same effect? The 200 mg dosage is a well repeated anecdote in this forum. But most studies utilize a 300 mg minimum.

#53 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:07 PM

N-Sarcosine increase my motivation by something like 60% at 2,5 grams/day

i really want to try D-Serine but don't know where to find it, too bad there are no reputable company that sell it

#54 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

I see the efficiency issue has much to do with pricing.

Regardless - how much PS do you think a person should take in order to elicit much of the same effect? The 200 mg dosage is a well repeated anecdote in this forum. But most studies utilize a 300 mg minimum.

In phosphatidylserine, the phosphatidyl moeity is about 3 times as large as serine (280 g/mol vs. 105 g/mol), so you would have to consume well over 3x the dosage due to its molecular mass in addition to its metabolic requirements (covalent hydrolysis, racemase). I couldn't say for sure how much would be equivalent since phosphatidylserine is not a salt, and would have much different pharmacokinetics than D-Serine alone.
  • like x 1

#55 Galantamine

• Topic Starter
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:30 PM

N-Sarcosine increase my motivation by something like 60% at 2,5 grams/day

i really want to try D-Serine but don't know where to find it, too bad there are no reputable company that sell it

I can't think of a more reputable company than Prototype Nutrition.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#56 dear mrclock

• 557 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

^ he works for the company guys, i can smell it.
  • like x 1

#57 unbeatableking

• 238 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

The owner of the company is Patrick Arnold. Arguably one of the most respected formulators/chemists in the bodybuilding industry. So his compliment isn't unfounded.

And no, he doesn't work for the company.

#58 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

In the interest of presenting alternatives, SmartPowders has 100g for $30, 200g for $55.
  • like x 1

#59 unbeatableking

• 238 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:31 PM

^

Suspicious. Dunno if pure.

Guys. The moment SP came out with their D-Serine supplement, Prototype nutrition went down to 29 dollars.

Economics at work.

Edited by unbeatableking, 22 August 2012 - 11:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:36 PM

Smart Powders reputation is outstanding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users