Photo
* * * - - 3 votes

C60 Toxicity Concerns and anecdotal reports

• Please log in to reply
303 replies to this topic

#31 MarcD

• 51 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 09:35 AM

I just finished my first bottle of Vaughters. The second one (I opened yesterday) has a different taste - smells more like olive. I'm not sure if the first bottle had the same flavor in the beginning. Maybe opening and closing to bottle twice a day oxides the oil.

#32 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

So I took another drop of C60 on Tuesday. All went fine until last night (Wednesday) when I started getting some kidney pain on my left side which is unusal for me. It's gone down to a rather small amount currently but it still lingers. SWIM is doing fine and feeling good after her ordeal last week. I think I'm going to call it quits on C60 for now at least my current bottle. Might try a drop from a different bottle as a hair tonic. I got my C60 from Vaughter Wellness. I know Hebbeh has gone through 2 bottles from Vaughter already with no adverse effects while I had problems after 2 drops. Strange.

Strange indeed. I've gone through a couple of bottles of VW C60 OO myself. No major effects noticed. Perhaps a few subtle effects, but could be unrelated or placebo effect. Time may tell. I think I'm lucky to not really know what you mean by "kidney pain." Are you sure that's what it is? Have had kidney problems previously?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

My dog cannot complain either. She seems more vigorous than before treatment, but that is not saying very much. At 14 years, she is like a little 94 year old woman. Crotchety, obstinate, and sleeps a lot. But whe can walk down the block and back, something she was loathe to do before.

#34 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

Almost done with my first bottle from Carbon. I've increased the dose to 2 mg per day. 1.6 in the morning and another .4 in the afternoon. No kidney pain. No lung aches.

I twenty years ago I experimented with a light cycle of anabolic steroids, and I've tried pretty much every single new bodybuilding supplement. The last one that had noticeable effects agmatine which gave me some nice pumps but wasn't cost effective, then before that creatine; which I continue to take.

I definitely feel results beyond placebo with C60/OO. Pumps are much improved and reps are still improving. It's nothing like steroids, no major jumps in strength, just an increase in muscular endurance and a slight increase in pumps/vascularity.

I wonder how much is due to just the increased amount of olive oil?

I haven't noticed a huge jump in aerobic capacity, like others have mentioned, but I do think I've experienced a slight increase and I was fairily well trained for my age before-- so I don't think I would have benefitted from a jump in mitochondrial biogenesis.

Just yesterday, I started to notice a bit of acid reflux, which I haven't had a problem with in a few years-- since I stopped drinking immoderately on weekends.

Skin is definitely softer/healthier. Hair feels fuller.

All in all, the jury is still out for me but I do feel the "elixer" has some pharmacological effect beyond placebo.

#35 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

I wonder how much is due to just the increased amount of olive oil?

I doubt that has much to do with it, given how little olive oil you're getting. A couple cc's is hardly anything. Lots of people get 15-30 cc/day.

#36 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

Niner, I was thinking about some of the recent research on artificial sweeteners and how they stimulate insulin release because of their sweet taste.

I wonder if swirling olive oil around your mouth, and that mouth feel, twice a day, would have an anti-inflammatory effect? Stimulate the Vagus nerve?

#37 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:08 AM

Niner, I was thinking about some of the recent research on artificial sweeteners and how they stimulate insulin release because of their sweet taste.

I wonder if swirling olive oil around your mouth, and that mouth feel, twice a day, would have an anti-inflammatory effect? Stimulate the Vagus nerve?

Well, if it did anything, I'd expect it to signal your digestive system to be on the lookout for some tryglycerides, which it would see as food. Maybe even expect some protein to be coming along with it, since they usual source of fat is animals. I think the Vagus nerve is in the gut, but not in the mouth. I think to get vagus activation, you'd probably need more lipids than that. Olive oil is pretty amazing stuff though. I keep coming back to Baati's result with it, and all the other data that's out there on olive oil. I think it's under-appreciated. Still, I wouldn't expect much out of a couple ml. A recent paper I saw regarding OO in humans saw a pretty linear dose-response, but the upper quartile was using 30+ ml/day.

#38 Lister

• Member, Moderator
  • 390 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:09 AM

FYI remember to check with your Doctor as soon as you feel Kidney pain. If not to ensure you're going to be ok it also reminds you of exactly where your Kidneys are. If your sides are hurting or aching remember that your Kidneys are further up.

I know you may think "Look! I know where my Kidneys are!" but it's always good to have a professional verify followed up by a blood test to ensure everything is alright.

I made the mistake and assumed it was my Kidneys however it was simply issues with overstraining muscles in the same general area.
  • like x 1

#39 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

FYI remember to check with your Doctor as soon as you feel Kidney pain. If not to ensure you're going to be ok it also reminds you of exactly where your Kidneys are. If your sides are hurting or aching remember that your Kidneys are further up.

I know you may think "Look! I know where my Kidneys are!" but it's always good to have a professional verify followed up by a blood test to ensure everything is alright.

I made the mistake and assumed it was my Kidneys however it was simply issues with overstraining muscles in the same general area.

Some people have kidneys or kidney (horse shoe shape) in odd places (pelvis), also, but that's pretty rare. I'm glad yours are OK, regardless.

Edited by tintinet, 21 July 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#40 kim888

• 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I've been revisiting some claims that olive oil and lemon juice can help break up kidney stones(not a Dr. so I'm not sure what the opinion is on this). I have a kidney stone that is well lodged in the left kidney and as far as I know it's status quo. When I started with the C60 initially I had some kidney pain, but it seemed to be only for a day and it was somewhat vague. I wonder if the evoo and c60 are causing some movement of the kidney stone in this case. Just a thought.

#41 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Just to update, I tried C60 as a hair tonic and got some mild irritation in my kidney area the day. It went away. Seems that hardly anybody else is having similar problems.

Wild speculation time: Perhaps I'm chelating something? Seems C60 is highly reactive with mercury.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21465019

Nano-C60 as a novel, effective fluorescent sensing platform for mercury(II) ion detection at critical sensitivity and selectivity.

http://www.tandfonli...363830802674530

Fullerenes C60 and C70 are shown to react with Hg(CF3COO)2 in the ionization chamber of the electron impact source of a mass spectrometer at 300 and 310°C, yielding trifluoromethylated derivatives of the fullerenes with up to six and two CF3 addends, r

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15560495

Solid-phase extraction-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry using a fullerene sorbent for the determination of inorganic mercury(II), methylmercury(I) and ethylmercury(I) in surface waters at sub-ng/ml levels.

Anecdotal reports abound on the web of people who have chelated with DMSA and other Mercury chelation agents and have experienced kidney pain due presumably to the chelated mercury building up in their kidneys during excretion (http://www.holistic-...chel_safety.htm).

Edited by abelard lindsay, 18 October 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#42 kim888

• 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Interestingly, I have but ignored it.

#43 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Just to update, I tried C60 as a hair tonic and got some mild irritation in my kidney area the day. It went away. Seems that hardly anybody else is having similar problems.

Wild speculation time: Perhaps I'm chelating something? Seems C60 is highly reactive with mercury.

I really don't think that mercury (or any other metal) chelation is happening here. In these (and other) literature reports, the c60 is in an aggregated form, and metals (as well as various other substances) can be adsorbed on the surface. The second link is talking about a reaction between CF3 and C60, where the mercury is essentially just a carrier for the CF3. It's also occurring in the gas phase, so wouldn't be biologically relevant. The C60 that we're dealing with is molecular rather than aggregated. In the molecular form in the biological environment, it would be unlikely to interact significantly with metals.

Your kidney pain may (or may not) be caused by the c60-oo, but if it is, it's probably a different mechanism. If you were using the c60 topically, which is what I assume you mean by "as a hair tonic", then it's unlikely to be the cause. Were you using it topically or orally? If orally, what was the dose?

#44 kim888

• 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

1.5 orally, daily. However, keeping in mind that I do have a kidney stone that was seen in a sono years ago. I've not had any symptoms to date. For the last two days I have not dosed, and still feel a dull ache now and then. I'm not sure I fully understand all the mechanics of C60 other than what I've read. I'm not a physicist or a biologist nor do I have any expertise in any such matters. I would be interested in knowing just how a super antioxidant C60 would work on a kidney stone or if it would recognize it in such a way as to create some interaction. You'll have to pardon my elementary question.

#45 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

1.5 orally, daily. However, keeping in mind that I do have a kidney stone that was seen in a sono years ago. I've not had any symptoms to date. For the last two days I have not dosed, and still feel a dull ache now and then. I'm not sure I fully understand all the mechanics of C60 other than what I've read. I'm not a physicist or a biologist nor do I have any expertise in any such matters. I would be interested in knowing just how a super antioxidant C60 would work on a kidney stone or if it would recognize it in such a way as to create some interaction. You'll have to pardon my elementary question.

Do you know how large your kidney stone was? Are you sure it's still there?

#46 kim888

• 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

I've never experience the passing of a kidney stone so I would say yes to that question.
When an antioxidant goes after a free radical I visualize pac man, never mind that I'm showing my age. But this is my thought process with regard to the kidney stone in terms of interaction with a foreign matter, even tho one is at a cellular level? Probably severely off track. I've already made full disclosure of my expertise feel free to have your laugh of the day.

#47 zorba990

• Topic Starter
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

If you know what the stone is made of, then you can intervene biochemically, electrically, or using sound waves. Probably in order of expense there.

http://www.doctoryou...com/kidney.html
http://gloriaincosta...y-Chanca-Piedra
http://ezinearticles...logy&id=2240089
http://www.ehow.com/...ney-stones.html
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Lithotripsy

My preference would be for proper mineral supplementation and possible Chanca Piedra first (minding potassium levels carefully). But it would be best to run this by a healthcare profession first...

#48 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

Elementary questions are not a problem. I don't think that there would be any interaction between a kidney stone and C60. Kidney stones are sort of like rocks that just sit there.

I've never experience the passing of a kidney stone so I would say yes to that question.
When an antioxidant goes after a free radical I visualize pac man, never mind that I'm showing my age. But this is my thought process with regard to the kidney stone in terms of interaction with a foreign matter, even tho one is at a cellular level? Probably severely off track. I've already made full disclosure of my expertise feel free to have your laugh of the day.

Not to worry- no one's laughing. Antioxidants can't really go after anything; all the molecules are bouncing around randomly and if the free radical and the antioxidant bump into each other, then they might react. As for the kidney stone, It might have dissolved if you changed your diet or other biochemical changes occurred. If it was small enough, it might have passed without you knowing it. How long ago was it seen on the sonogram? Do you know how big it was?

#49 kim888

• 11 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Thanks for all the information! You asked how big the kidney stone was, and how long ago it was seen on the sonogram.
For some reason the measurement of 7 mm rings a bell, but as I remember looking at it on the scan, it seemed to be the size of my thumb nail or perhaps it was only the size of my pinky nail. I think I zero'd in on the object itself rather than get a mental picture of the size in relation to the kidney. At any rate I've not had any pain whatsoever that would indicate that it had passed.

As far as how long ago it was I'd have to say it's probably been closed to 6-7 years ago.

I eat alot of spinach on a regular basis and I also drink about 2 large 16 oz glasses of Iced black tea a day Ah HA! that would no doubt be a culprit, if it's still there. Probably need to drink more water even though I do drink more than 16 oz a day.

Thanks for the information. Knowledge is Power!

#50 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:09 PM

Thanks kim. If it was 7mm (about the size of your middle fingernail, probably) and 6-7 years about, it's probably still there. If you're eating a lot of spinach, maybe even bigger? Maybe not though, as it also has calcium. It's complicated. Tea... hmm.. I wonder what effect the tannins in there would have? Well, enough of my random speculation. I'd be really interested to know if abelard had an undiagnosed kidney stone.

#51 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

I have been taking 40 to 50 mg per day since September. I feel fine.
I have also been taking 30 mg per day of Methylene Blue, and a lot of other antioxidants.

#52 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

I have been taking 40 to 50 mg per day since September. I feel fine.

Wow. Every day, you take more c60 than I've had in my entire life. I'm glad you're feeling good.

#53 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

On another note, it seems I am making progress on my long term battle with planar fascitiis, and injuries to the right midcore of my back.

I can't say it is the c60 or mb, or any particular anti oxidant, because I am always trying new things to deal with old problems.

I have also made a lot of progress in my battle with chronic sinusitis in my left maxillary sinus. I had been considering a septoplasty, but I don't think that will be necessary now. This is a great improvement. I was at the end of my rope, and waiting to schedule surgery. My crazy work schedule hasn't let me schedule surgery. There are only 2 things that I have changed which could affect this issue:
1) going on MB and C60
2) going off of processed coffee. I strongly suspect there is something in mass produced coffee that is giving me allergic reactions

#54 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Two other anecdotal things. It seems that my nearby eye site has improved. I can read my emails and web pages on my droid now without too much problem. It was almost impossible a year ago.

I have had chronic problems with my left hand. I am a programmer, and have spent huge amounts of time on the keyboard. I seem to recover a lot faster now. Good hydration and vitamin B definitely help with the carpel tunnel also.

#55 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

Two other anecdotal things. It seems that my nearby eye site has improved. I can read my emails and web pages on my droid now without too much problem. It was almost impossible a year ago.

I have had chronic problems with my left hand. I am a programmer, and have spent huge amounts of time on the keyboard. I seem to recover a lot faster now. Good hydration and vitamin B definitely help with the carpel tunnel also.

How long after starting on C60, u noticed the change in eye sight?
Tried streching ur hand by puting ur knockles on ur leg while sitting and strech often? I've had problems too sitting in office all day long... this help for me anyway. Something the personel department showed me

#56 ClarkSims

• Life Member
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

How long after starting on C60, u noticed the change in eye sight?
Tried streching ur hand by puting ur knockles on ur leg while sitting and strech often? I've had problems too sitting in office all day long... this help for me anyway. Something the personel department showed me

I am not sure. It is a very gradual thing.

I have been trying to get up and stretch for a very long time. That does seem to be important.

#57 AdamI

• 221 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

ok well, some acupunture helped with the blood flow for me as well. But it resolved in the end because my problem was in the back some muscle knot that had been created. Just needed my back to be cracked at the kyropractic:)
And the blood flow increased and the residue that gets collected while being in one position didn't clog anymore. Thats what causing the pain the blood can't reach were it's suppose to reach. At least that what they said...

#58 James Phillip Turpin

• 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:04 AM

I have a theoretical concern about C60. I've read that one of the possible mechanisms of demethylation of DNA, mitochondrial DNA in particular. I would assume that if it demethylates mitcohondrial DNA, then it may also demethylate nuclear DNA - although I don't know whether it enters the cell nucleus? Anyway, molecular biology isn't my forte, but its my understanding that methylation/demethylation is involved in long term memory storage and immune system adaptation, providing of kind of genetic cellular memory for specialized cells. My concern is that C60 in EVOO may more or less disrupt this poorly understood process, resulting in partial deterioration of very long term memory and loss of immunity to previously exposed pathogens. I very much want to take C60/EVOO for the possible bennefits, but this is a concern to me. On the other hand, I can also see bennefits to even to these hypothesized mechanisms, such as removal of auto-immune problems and past psychological trauma. Any thoughts?

#59 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

It was previously kicked around a little here... but I don't recall any users on this site mentioning that they've had any actual DNA demethylation testing done on themselves yet.

Howard

#60 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

It was previously kicked around a little here... but I don't recall any users on this site mentioning that they've had any actual DNA demethylation testing done on themselves yet.

Howard

Here is a later discussion. Now if C60 could get into the nucleus and demethylate its DNA, that would be very bad. It might turn you into protoplasm.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 09 January 2013 - 02:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users