* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#3211 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

While I've been off the c60 I've started on a course of high doses of vitamin D (averaging 20-25Kui a day with K2, mag, Cod Liver oil). Would the combination of c60 help reduce the risk of calcium build up in the blood? I also plan on dry fasting in the new year with probably high doses of vitd present and c60 (I have taken quite large doses of c60 between dry fasts before).

I have not heard that C60OO is a calcium scavenger.

#3212 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:04 PM

Been off the C60 for a while -- many months

mixed up a batch as identified in #3209

Just took 50 ml -- so probably 30-35mg based on the residue (I used 250mg C60 to 300 ml oil)

It has taken months, but some of the gray on my chest and beard have returned.

I plan on going  to EOD dosing of at least 15mg as soon as I mix up enough.  I have about 4 grams left or so of the C60 I bought from SES.

Will probably also add in lycium barbarum (have 2 kg of dried berries that I will grind and extract per a paper I found) because it raises in vivo SOD, and other markers of Anti-oxidant metabolism

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19185773

Edited by sensei, 08 December 2015 - 04:11 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3213 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

Good to see you back on the forum sensei. I hope you are well. Were there any notable changes during that time: did you hold on to the gains?

#3214 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:14 PM

Good to see you back on the forum sensei. I hope you are well. Were there any notable changes during that time: did you hold on to the gains?

Thank you, good to be back.

I didn't lose any more hair -- and may have actually recovered some density.

I'm only mid 40's so I figure another trial is warranted.

Some gray returned.

Personal life is great now, over the last year 1/2 it wasn't, perhaps the reason for the returned gray.

We shall see if we can fix the damage.

For full disclosure will be going back on Testosterone Replacement as well, took a 3 month break.

Edited by sensei, 08 December 2015 - 04:16 PM.

• like x 1

#3215 somecallmetim

• 59 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:37 PM

While I've been off the c60 I've started on a course of high doses of vitamin D (averaging 20-25Kui a day with K2, mag, Cod Liver oil). Would the combination of c60 help reduce the risk of calcium build up in the blood? I also plan on dry fasting in the new year with probably high doses of vitd present and c60 (I have taken quite large doses of c60 between dry fasts before).

This is just my opinion, butI would not rely on C60 along with the other items mentioned to reduce calcium buildup.

Why are you looking for ways to reduce calcium buildup in the blood? Did you have bloodwork done that stated this? Calcium has numerous roles in the body - one of them being a blood buffer. If one has calcium buildup in the blood, one possible explanation is that the body is utilizing the calcium as a last ditch effort of sorts to maintain equilibrium. If I were looking to reduce blood calcium levels, I would start ingesting more minerals. I use/have used some of these supplements, along with healthy eating, to help remineralize: Azomite, Pascalite, TJ Clark Colloidal Minerals.

Regards,

Tim

Edited by somecallmetim, 08 December 2015 - 04:40 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#3216 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Thank you, good to be back.

I didn't lose any more hair -- and may have actually recovered some density.

I'm only mid 40's so I figure another trial is warranted.

Some gray returned.

Personal life is great now, over the last year 1/2 it wasn't, perhaps the reason for the returned gray.

We shall see if we can fix the damage.

For full disclosure will be going back on Testosterone Replacement as well, took a 3 month break.

That's great to hear Sensei. I'll look forward to your future updates.

#3217 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

This is just my opinion, butI would not rely on C60 along with the other items mentioned to reduce calcium buildup.

Why are you looking for ways to reduce calcium buildup in the blood? Did you have bloodwork done that stated this? Calcium has numerous roles in the body - one of them being a blood buffer. If one has calcium buildup in the blood, one possible explanation is that the body is utilizing the calcium as a last ditch effort of sorts to maintain equilibrium. If I were looking to reduce blood calcium levels, I would start ingesting more minerals. I use/have used some of these supplements, along with healthy eating, to help remineralize: Azomite, Pascalite, TJ Clark Colloidal Minerals.

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. There is I believe a risk of calium plaques/atherosclerosis while taking high doses of vitamin d. Taking K2 is supposed to prevent this (according to the author of the calcium paradox the build up of the plaque is due to k2 deficiency - as well as causing osteoperosis). That said I'm still somewhat cautious (especially adding dry fasting in to the mix) - I do seem to remember there being some discussion a while back regarding the effect of c60 on plaque.

• Off-Topic x 1

#3218 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:26 AM

If we're going to discuss calcium we should start a new thread, but I had to comment on this at least once.

Calcium can build up in the arteries and is a significant contributor to arterial blockages which cause heart attacks.

A very simplified view of things is that vitamin D controls how much calcium is absorbed from the diet into the blood, and vitamin K controls how much is absorbed from the blood into the bones. You really want any extra calcium going into the bones rather than ending up on your arterial linings.

That's why the combination of vitamins D and K is so important.

One final note: if you think you may have arterial calcium build-up, consider getting a calcium score CAT scan. And if you do get a calcium score CAT scan, try to find a facility that has an electron-beam scanner, which will reduce your radiation exposure by a factor of 10 or so.

Regards,

Tim

• like x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3219 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

It seems that what is missing from your formula is vitamin A as retinol (not beta carotene).

Several publications, including one from Tufts, indicate that toxic amounts of vitamin D that would cause calcification are basically rendered non-toxic when there is enough vitamin A, and vice versa.

http://michaelmooney...ins_A_and_D.pdf

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3220 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2015 - 06:06 AM

Regards,

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply. There is I believe a risk of calium plaques/atherosclerosis while taking high doses of vitamin d. Taking K2 is supposed to prevent this (according to the author of the calcium paradox the build up of the plaque is due to k2 deficiency - as well as causing osteoperosis). That said I'm still somewhat cautious (especially adding dry fasting in to the mix) - I do seem to remember there being some discussion a while back regarding the effect of c60 on plaque.

The author of Vitamin K2 and the Calcium Paradox said, on page 182, vitamin K2 is "useless" without vitamins A and D, which are required to create the K2-dependent proteins, matrix Gla protein and osteocalcin that tell calcium to go away from soft tissues, but go into bones (and teeth).

What this actually indicates is that vitamins A, D and K2 require each other, like a three-legged stool for optimal placement of calcium, among other things, such as the healthy regeneration of the arterial endothelium and smooth muscle cells.

I wrote a white paper, which included over 50 citations that support this concept.

Edited by mikey, 09 December 2015 - 06:12 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3221 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

{Still OT}

smithx thanks  for the advice, I'd not looked in to how I would get calcium levels tested; I'd hoped could a blood test would suffice. I will look in to that, thank you.

Mikey - Thanks for the thoughts and reference. You don't think cod liver oil is the best way to get the vitamin A/retinol (or simply there is only sufficient A for the D in CLO)?

Also, I meant to ask, since you increased your daily dosing of c60 earlier this year have you noticed any further sustained improvements?

Edited by ambivalent, 09 December 2015 - 02:06 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#3222 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:39 PM

I'm wondering if it is sensible to create an off-topic thread? It is unreasonable and perhaps irresponsible for a thread never to stray when though the course of on-topic discussion it is apparent that off-topic advice might be useful.  Some might refrain from forwarding opinions for fear of the red paint reprimand. Rebuking an individual for offering sincere and useful advice rather goes against the spirit of the forum. So perhaps the facility to take the discussion to the 'off-topic' thread or some generalised community discussion might circumvent the problem.

• Good Point x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#3223 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 05:25 AM

Re light and C60:

I still take C60 about 1.5mg/every other day. Been doing it for 16 months now.

I have been treating my winter depression with 750w strong halogen lights, all over the body and very close to the head without any red-filer or water filter. I do use UVEX glasses and keep my eyes shut and always away from the source of the light as well as the glare in order to avoid eye damage. 

Nothing bad has happened so far, been doing it for a two months now. The light really improves my mood at winter time, right away.

#3224 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

Took another 50-55 ml oil (30-35 mg of C60).

Will be taking pics this weekend of skin, eyes, hair etc.

There was a visible change in the vibrancy and actual shade/hue of the color of my eyes when i was taking large quantities before, that has disappeared.

It will be interesting to see if it can be captured on camera.

• like x 1

#3225 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:40 AM

Regards,

Tim

Two proteins, that are produced through the activities of vitamin A and vitamin D, work together to direct calcium away from soft tissues, like arteries and kidneys and into bones and teeth.

Matrix Gla protein (MGP) is made in artery walls and arterial smooth muscle. MGP tells calcium to go away from soft tissues.

Osteocalcin, the other protein, draws calcium to be incorporated into bones (and teeth).

However, for MGP and osteocalcin to do their jobs of placing calcium properly they must be carboxylated, which is most efficiently done by taking vitamin K2 (MK-7).

• Needs references x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3226 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:19 PM

Just a quick 2 cents... despite averaging ~5mg/d over the last year, and spiking to as much as ~40mg in a few minutes, my recent MRI and CT scan reports show no pathology progression for the past 2 years. Notably, blood tests confirm MRI evidence that kidneys are free of lesions and are functioning well, despite theoretical risks from c60oo (or C60 aggregates). Having taking 3 different brands, this is all the more relevant, I think.

• Informative x 6

#3227 Greg Cornes

• 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:23 AM

Probably joining the party late, but got to about page 20 and felt an urge to comment without reading the rest of the thread. Any updates on mechanism of action? On these current pages it seems ROS scavenger / DNA methylation changes seem to be whats on everybodies mind. Regarding DNA methylation, could it be that C60 kills cells allowing for new fresher copies to take their place?

Effect on proliferative response

A significant enhancement of the proliferative response with a stimulation index > 3 was observed with PBMC from five individuals (no 7, 8, 9, 13, 20). This increase was statistically significant on the whole group level with poly-C60 at concentrations of 8–800 ng/mL and nepo-C60 at concentrations 0.08–800 ng/mL (Figure 1).

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#3228 sensei

• 929 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:46 PM

Probably joining the party late, but got to about page 20 and felt an urge to comment without reading the rest of the thread. Any updates on mechanism of action? On these current pages it seems ROS scavenger / DNA methylation changes seem to be whats on everybodies mind. Regarding DNA methylation, could it be that C60 kills cells allowing for new fresher copies to take their place?

Effect on proliferative response

A significant enhancement of the proliferative response with a stimulation index > 3 was observed with PBMC from five individuals (no 7, 8, 9, 13, 20). This increase was statistically significant on the whole group level with poly-C60 at concentrations of 8–800 ng/mL and nepo-C60 at concentrations 0.08–800 ng/mL (Figure 1).

This could be one of multiple mechanisms of action.

Recent data has shown a 35% increase in lifespan in mice where senescent cells were induced to commit apoptosis with a chemical agent.

http://www.scienceda...60203145723.htm

It is not unreasonable to propose such a mechanism of action for C60OO.

Edited by sensei, 07 February 2016 - 08:47 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#3229 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

Proliferative response doesn't have much of anything to do with senescent cell clearance.  Without a plausible mechanism or any evidence whatsoever, I don't think it's reasonable to propose this as a c60oo MoA.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#3230 Greg Cornes

• 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

I think you are correct. Theoretically though when a cell is recycled or potentially within the cell itself, the c60 would bind with anything with an affinity for it, making it ineligible for further transcription. Essentially clearing the body of epigenetic waste. It could also be acting as an electron donor. Does make me really want to see a biopsy of an animal who has taken c60, but then withdrawed a whilst before death. Potentially a chicken egg? You would however need a chicken actively taking c60 for comparison, and ideally a control. 

As it has been shown to be in the urine I suspect it probably does get eliminated quite quickly,  would  it be possible to actually see what they are bound with inside of the urine? 

I assumed that due to competition and space, elimination of senescent cells would actively lead to proliferation, this might not be the case.. the other cells could actually take those now available nutrients and become larger instead of proliferation or it may just be disposed of. I still believe larger doses spread far apart is better than regular dosing, as it does interact with dna in some way, I guess time will tell. You would think if that were the case though, long term dosers would be complaining, which could mean the effect on dna is mostly positive or has little to no effect 

Edited by Greg Cornes, 08 February 2016 - 11:07 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#3231 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2016 - 12:25 PM

Been trying to get a sense of how bound c60 might be eliminated. I know it's fat soluble and not very water soluble in its pure state. If you ingest c60 bound to an oil, I expect allot of it would end up in fat cells. So I expect that c60 won't go anywhere until the fat cell either dies, gets used up as fuel, or gets removed somehow. But I think most other cells have some fatty acid content so I expect lesser amounts of c60 will end up in just about any other cell. Maybe small amounts in skin and hair which can be lost directly by cutting or flaking away.  I wouldn't expect urine to be an efficient way to get rid of it, given c60's low water solubility and urine's low fat content. Might explain why the protective effects of c60 lasted for years in the Baati study rats after treatment had been discontinued.

Been reading about senescent cell removal and if I got it right, dead or foreign cells are eaten up by macrophages that transfer them to lysosomes which burn them up by oxidation. The lysosomes are apparently mostly composed of lipids. So perhaps any c60 in the cooked cells would end up in the lipid structure of the lysosomes themselves.  Perhaps in turn allowing the lysosomes to last longer before burning themselves out.  Only way I see any c60 getting out of that loop would be if the lysosomes digestive process managed to bust up some c60 or inadvertently form it into a water-soluble hydrofullerene.

A small quantity of fatty acid is eliminated with urine so that could account for slow but steady c60 removal. see: http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3679401/

Also found a study indicating that elevated amounts of fatty acids are found in the urine of patients with diabetes.  Perhaps those patients might need to take higher doses of c60 as a result.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19390215

METHODS:

Fifteen patients with nephrotic syndrome due to diabetic nephropathy and 12 patients with minimal-change nephrotic syndrome (MCNS) were studied. Urinary and serum FFA concentrations (palmitic, oleic, linoleic, and arachidonic acids) were measured by gas chromatography, and urinary L-FABP levels were quantified using an ELISA technique. Tubulointerstitial damage was assessed using renal biopsy specimens.

RESULTS:

The levels of urinary linoleic and arachidonic acids were significantly elevated in diabetic nephropathy compared to MCNS patients, though serum FFA levels were lower in diabetic nephropathy than MCNS patients. The degree of tubulointerstitial damage was significantly severer in the patients with diabetic nephropathy than MCNS. Urinary L-FABP and 8-OHdG (8-hydroxydeoxyguanosine) concentrations were significantly higher in the diabetic nephropathy subjects.

Howard

Edited by hav, 23 February 2016 - 12:36 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#3232 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:39 PM

There might be a bit of billiary excretion, since bile acids are good at emulsifying lipids.  I suspect that c60-fatty acid adducts are incorporated into membranes where they stay for an undetermined (but probably on the long side) time.  The body is a big collection of connected equilibria, with molecules moving from compartment to compartment according to their physical properties and any active transport mechanisms that exist.  Oxidative reactions will probably slowly change the c60-fatty acid adduct to a more soluble form, hastening excretion.

• Good Point x 1

#3233 Greg Cornes

• 31 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:56 PM

Has anybody added additional chlorophyll to their c60 solutions?

It seems c60 does nothing for the body unless when it binds to chlorophyll as a japanese study conducted with c60 showed that with corn oil which has same lipid profile had no biological effects. When it binds with chlorophyll it creates hpc60. Read a whole fascinating article about it here. 

http://owndoc.com/pd...-andrievsky.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm....books/NBK22535/

My best guess is c60 allows the chlorphyls electron transfer to be used at an intracellular level, as I have seen a picture earlier in this thread of a c60 molecule attaching itself to the dna. Also may be interesting to see if when the solution is exposed to light (unfortunate to say but my solution has been in the light for long periods of time) its effects on the body as an electron giver as opposed to receiver, as I believe they both would be necessary. The light wave length would be ch19f6.jpg  

An interesting comparison is heme. I recently read a book called Genetics and minerals, which claimed that the body had 64 minerals it uses during transcription. I completely agree with this, but I digress. In all of the 64 elements he listed I never noticed iron which was odd, as that meant iron was not coded for in the genome but rather acted as an electron donor or that he was wrong.Obviously there is iron in ferritin and heme (red colour, similar to our solutions), but perhaps it does not code for iron but rather iron simply finds eligible proteins and acts as an electron donor in a somewhat similar mechanism. It's why my little pack of iron supplements has keep out of the light, a quick google search showed a connection as well . Sorry if i repeated anything people said. 

Edited by Greg Cornes, 26 February 2016 - 09:21 PM.

#3234 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:40 PM

I did a few years ago, but didn't notice any difference.

• WellResearched x 1

#3235 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:16 PM

It seems c60 does nothing for the body unless when it binds to chlorophyll as a japanese study conducted with c60 showed that with corn oil which has same lipid profile had no biological effects. When it binds with chlorophyll it creates hpc60. Read a whole fascinating article about it here. 

http://owndoc.com/pd...-andrievsky.pdf

http://www.ncbi.nlm....books/NBK22535/

My best guess is c60 allows the chlorphyls electron transfer to be used at an intracellular level, as I have seen a picture earlier in this thread of a c60 molecule attaching itself to the dna. Also may be interesting to see if when the solution is exposed to light (unfortunate to say but my solution has been in the light for long periods of time) its effects on the body as an electron giver as opposed to receiver, as I believe they both would be necessary. The light wave length would be ch19f6.jpg  

An interesting comparison is heme. I recently read a book called Genetics and minerals, which claimed that the body had 64 minerals it uses during transcription. I completely agree with this, but I digress. In all of the 64 elements he listed I never noticed iron which was odd, as that meant iron was not coded for in the genome but rather acted as an electron donor or that he was wrong.Obviously there is iron in ferritin and heme (red colour, similar to our solutions), but perhaps it does not code for iron but rather iron simply finds eligible proteins and acts as an electron donor in a somewhat similar mechanism. It's why my little pack of iron supplements has keep out of the light, a quick google search showed a connection as well . Sorry if i repeated anything people said. 

This is really barking up the wrong tree.  The Japanese experiment using corn oil was a slurry that was briefly sonicated.  The c60 never had much time to fully react with the corn oil, although it's probable that some fatty acid adduct was formed, though not much.  It's not sufficient to say that "no biological effect occurred", because they didn't look for them, other than gross observations like "they didn't die", they didn't lose weight, and their histology was normal.  It was a short term tox test only, so all we can say was that the small amount of c60 that was actually absorbed wasn't toxic.  We know that c60 reacts with ethyl oleate, a pure oleic acid ester.  In fact, it is more soluble in ethyl oleate than in olive oil.  This suggests that the chlorophyll in olive oil is not required for solubility, and demonstrates that c60 reacts with unsaturated hydrocarbons, as has been described in the literature on multiple occasions.

BTW, I strongly advise against supplementing iron (or copper) unless you are clearly deficient.  These are distinctly bad for you in any excess.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#3236 Greg Cornes

• 31 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:30 AM

This is really barking up the wrong tree.  The Japanese experiment using corn oil was a slurry that was briefly sonicated.  The c60 never had much time to fully react with the corn oil, although it's probable that some fatty acid adduct was formed, though not much.  It's not sufficient to say that "no biological effect occurred", because they didn't look for them, other than gross observations like "they didn't die", they didn't lose weight, and their histology was normal.  It was a short term tox test only, so all we can say was that the small amount of c60 that was actually absorbed wasn't toxic.  We know that c60 reacts with ethyl oleate, a pure oleic acid ester.  In fact, it is more soluble in ethyl oleate than in olive oil.  This suggests that the chlorophyll in olive oil is not required for solubility, and demonstrates that c60 reacts with unsaturated hydrocarbons, as has been described in the literature on multiple occasions.

BTW, I strongly advise against supplementing iron (or copper) unless you are clearly deficient.  These are distinctly bad for you in any excess.

Thanks very much for pointing out the fallacy in cross-referencing the Japanese study, however it still makes me question why no c60 showed up in the liver of the rats in the japanese study yet showed up in the french study after 7 days of administration at a much smaller dose, surely a brief sonification would bind some c60?

https://www.jstage.j..._2_353/_article

"Using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, fullerene C60 were not detected in the liver, spleen or kidney at the end of the administration period and also at the end of the recovery period."

So if c60 binds to dna regardless of chlorophyll which seems to be the case (not ruling out chlorophyll just yet as a method of getting there), are the effects beneficial (repairing) or negative (recycling?) for dna?

This simulation seems to imply that there is an effect on dna despite lack of chlorophyll.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/16183879

"C60 binds to single-strand DNA and deforms the nucleotides significantly"

If the effects on rna were similar (not sure why it wouldn't be) this should have an impact on protein synthesis and lack of overall protein synthesis seems to always extend the lifespan.

But the effects on double stranded dna are the most interesting. In the study it shows simulations of how c60 interacts with DNA, honestly don't know what to make of it. Could either damage  DNA or correct faulty DNA, or even correct faulty dna by damaging it or do nothing at all (unlikely).

Also, I definitely agree on iron/copper supplementation. I personally am taking iron supplements but would recommend multiple tests  to accurately gauge iron deficiency, though I rarely practice what I preach. Will be trialling it for only a couple of months due to a study on ferritin levels and alopecia (both men and women displayed lower ferritin levels than what i presume the study termed as healthy controls to just be people with no hair loss), if that is due to lack of iron or synthesis of apoferritin is unknown but here is the study for anybody interested. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....78013/table/T1/

Edited by Greg Cornes, 06 March 2016 - 09:03 AM.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3237 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 03:45 AM

I'd forget about c60 binding to DNA.  That simulation was based on an unnatural situation, in which the c60 was pristine, unoxidized, and monomeric.  The DNA was accessible, and kinetic barriers to binding were probably ignored.  Finally, the form that everyone here uses c60 in is as a fatty acid adduct, which is a rather different molecule than pristine c60. 

It doesn't sound like iron supplementation was helpful to the people in the paper.  (If I'm interpreting their numbers correctly)   I wouldn't want to poison myself with unliganded iron unless there was some evidence that it would help MPB.  I think if it really worked, the guys in the various hair loss forums would know by now.

• Ill informed x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3238 Greg Cornes

• 31 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:18 AM

I'd forget about c60 binding to DNA. That simulation was based on an unnatural situation, in which the c60 was pristine, unoxidized, and monomeric. The DNA was accessible, and kinetic barriers to binding were probably ignored. Finally, the form that everyone here uses c60 in is as a fatty acid adduct, which is a rather different molecule than pristine c60.

It doesn't sound like iron supplementation was helpful to the people in the paper. (If I'm interpreting their numbers correctly) I wouldn't want to poison myself with unliganded iron unless there was some evidence that it would help MPB. I think if it really worked, the guys in the various hair loss forums would know by now.

It still leaves me wondering why it was not found in the liver of the corn oil fed rats, as for interaction with dna and rna, I believe you are probably correct that its effect is minimal but im not sure if it is completely non-existant.

As for hair loss I believe inhibition of the jak-stat pathway plays a large role in allowing for proliferation of hair cells, makes you wonder which other cells would benefit from jak-stat inhibitors. Some known jak-stat inhibitors are curcumin, capsaicin y-tocotrienols from the natural side, as well as various manufactured compounds. As for the iron, I 100% agree should do tests before taking supplementation and will put them on hold.

#3239 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2016 - 10:29 AM

"...I have updated my spread sheet.  I have one rat left from my original 8 that I treated for a very long time.  I think it's notable that one of my rats lived to be 3 yrs 7 months old.  I belong to several large rat keeping communities online, and I can tell you that most of my rats, esp the C60 treated, did VERY well with their life spans compared to most.  Most don't make it too far past their 2nd birthday..."
http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=763163

The people doing informal C60oo studies on their pet rats are all but forgotten and ignored nowadays. 
So I'm hoping that people will look at the attached spreadsheet/s and perhaps leave a 'pat on the back' and a question or 2.

I understand that AgeVivo has some personal issues atm and is basically offline, so am wondering if anyone is even heading this project anymore?

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3240 aaCharley

• 79 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 10:49 AM

After reading many of the long threads and almost all of the posts I decided to give the C60oo a try.  I hope someone will check my work on mix and dosage.

I purchased 1 gm of the 99.9% C60 from SES.  Measured 500 mg of that and added to 750 ml of high polyphenol EVOO.  The mix of 667 mg / ltr is less than the possible max rate of 800 mg.

The mix should then be 0.66667 mg / ml.  With approx. 5 ml = 1 tsp, then a half tsp of the mix should be 1.66667 mg.  I believe that is close enough to the equivalent 1.7 mg rat dose for me.  And perhaps the slightly lower concentration will help with dissolving the C60.

I created the mix seven days ago by dumping the ingredients into a 1 qt mason jar and shaking.  I have kept the jar in a dark location and applied more shaking five or six times a day.  After a week of shaking I still have some particles separation deposited on the bottom of the jar.  Originally there seemed to be some larger aggregations of the particles, clumps.  What I see now are more regular in size and smaller.  However the speed that the C60 has become dissolved is a little disappointing.  Any advice or comments upon how much longer this should take would be appreciated.  Just wondering how much longer I should expect for it to fully dissolve.

I have read of many different dosing levels that have been used.  My plan at this point is to start with 1 tsp daily ( ~5ml and 3.333 mg C60).  Follow that for two weeks to create initial load.  Then another two weeks at a 1/2 tsp dose.  Following that with a week off and week on at the 1/2 tsp rate to maintain some system load.  Any advice on that regimen would be appreciated.

First observation is that I should have ground that original sample to possibly eliminate the clumped particles,  I was concerned about attracting moisture to the particles or possibly losing some of it while handling and transferring.

Thanks for all of the great information provided by so many of you.  I do believe I next purchase the EVOO from the source noted by Turnbuckle, the Di Carlo Tenuta Torre di Mossa.  Higher polyphenols could be a positive.

Edited by aaCharley, 21 March 2016 - 10:53 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users