C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#3241 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

Would a one-off rise in temperature a bottle of c60oo to 30-40 c likely to be risky? Say, cough, if the bottle were placed on a radiator for 10 minutes?

#3242 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:08 AM

Would a one-off rise in temperature a bottle of c60oo to 30-40 c likely to be risky? Say, cough, if the bottle were placed on a radiator for 10 minutes?

I doubt it as the temperatures are in that range all summer here and I haven't had issues with my C60oo.

That said; are you sure that IS the temperature of the radiator?

It may be much hotter than the temp at which it is supposed to keep the whole room?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3243 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:23 PM

Hi Logic, thanks for the reply.

The radiator was certainly much hotter, but the oil hadn't reached comparable temperature - it was pretty warm, a you would probably expect it to be if left out in the sun for a while, but certainly not hot. I just decided to get though the bottle much quicker than I usually would. I've applied a considerable amount topologically (at night) and ingested quite a lot too. Early signs are ok - seemed to have a pretty high tolerance of alcohol last night and awoke with next to no trace of a hangover (4 pints). Skin seemed fine too.​

#3244 aaCharley

• 79 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:29 AM

I began the C60oo creation process over two weeks ago.  I added 500 mg to 750 ml olive oil attempting to get a 0.667 mg / ml concentration.  I have given the jar a vigorous shake seven or eight times a day.  I still have some settlement residue after an hour or so.  Residue has become less but has been slow to dissolve after the first few days.  The larger particles - clumps - seem to have broken up so that only small ones are left on bottom now.  Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

#3245 Astrocyte

• 39 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

Just finished my latest batch of homemade C60oo.

Some form of "micronization" between two spoons. Used Kirland extra virgin olive oil. Spun using a vortex for two weeks.

This time I flushed the air using CO2 before putting on the vortex. The color is deep red.

#3246 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Is there any internet source of carboxyfulerenes?

#3247 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

What is the dose of C60 that can alleviate joint pain?

#3248 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

Topical applications of c60.

Earlier this year I decided to see if I could remove a verruca which had been left untreated for a couple of years via the topical application of c60oo. Prior to this attempt I’d noticed crumbling and short-lived volume reductions in the verruca on a couple of occasions. The first when I switched from VW to Carbon60 and the second instance occurred when I started a high-dose course vitamin D3.   

I applied the c60oo at irregular intervals sometimes once a day, other times more frequently. The risk of light exposure to the oil with topical application was unknown but, I felt, 'less risky' given the location of verrucas. Within a day, I would say, I noticed a difference in texture and within a couple of weeks the volume was substantially reduced. There was also a quickly noticeable change in sensitivity too - pressing a fingernail into the growth yielded reduced discomfort as the course of c60oo progressed. The two ‘before’ photographs attached were taken in Ferburary, mid-treatment, and as such do not capture the verruca’s expression in its initial state. The after shots were taken very recently; there are two end-state photos taken much closer to the time, but they are less clear.    

After successfully eradicating the persistent verruca I decided to attempt to remove an equally obdurate growth of some description loitering beneath my eyebrow. As with the the verruca, in a matter of days the c60oo effected a reduction in sensitivity when pressure was applied to the growth. On appearance it became considerably worse probably because of my tendency to pick at it once I felt its form change and weaken. But within a few weeks it had diminished considerably, although more stubbornly and less rapidly than the 'foot-wart'. I didn’t carry on the treatment as I ran out of oil and as of yet have not reordered. For the most part I applied the oil at night and washed the area in the morning (I have some photos, not attached, but they aren’t great for comparative purposes and the images require some cropping)Given the perceived risk of exposing to light and oxygen it may not have been a wise experiment, but it was certainly effective.

On around a dozen or more occasions I’ve applied the oil to my face at night and washed in the morning. It has probably only ever been applied on three or four consecutive nights. There was no obviously noticeable change in the thin lines on my forehead or upon my pronounced nasolabial folds. There may have been some change in the skin texture and appearance but nothing I felt certain of. It was not a significant experiment, though, but there appeared at least to be no deleterious effects.

A couple of months ago I pinched the skin of my hand in a small bolt-lock, it was a small injury the skin just broke. The tenderness was reduced significantly minutes after applying c60oo to the open wound. I can’t comment on injury recovery time as I’m not prone to pay attention to their duration. The wound still broke a couple of times during subsequent hours and bled.

Recently I’ve been pondering, given there weren’t apparent adverse effects to applying the oil to an open wound, whether to experiment with the application of the oil to the post-derma roll injuries. It would be my first attempt at facial derma rolling so there has been be no control. My, unsophisticated very loose rationale, apart from bare-faced curiosity, is based on the importance of SODs in skin health and the longecity-conjecture that c60oo is an SOD mimic. Could this be a sensible idea? Has anyone experimented with this?  

The other week I tried derma rolling on each hand to a different degree in a bid to gauge recovery time before diving in to more socially exposed areas, it then struck me that this would be a great test for c60’s healing properties in both recovery and pain reduction - treat one with c60oo, one without. Any thoughts?

Attached Files

• like x 2

#3249 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:10 AM

Topical applications of c60.

Earlier this year I decided to see if I could remove a verruca which had been left untreated for a couple of years via the topical application of c60oo. Prior to this attempt I’d noticed crumbling and short-lived volume reductions in the verruca on a couple of occasions. The first when I switched from VW to Carbon60 and the second instance occurred when I started a high-dose course vitamin D3.   

I applied the c60oo at irregular intervals sometimes once a day, other times more frequently. The risk of light exposure to the oil with topical application was unknown but, I felt, 'less risky' given the location of verrucas. Within a day, I would say, I noticed a difference in texture and within a couple of weeks the volume was substantially reduced. There was also a quickly noticeable change in sensitivity too - pressing a fingernail into the growth yielded reduced discomfort as the course of c60oo progressed. The two ‘before’ photographs attached were taken in Ferburary, mid-treatment, and as such do not capture the verruca’s expression in its initial state. The after shots were taken very recently; there are two end-state photos taken much closer to the time, but they are less clear.    

After successfully eradicating the persistent verruca I decided to attempt to remove an equally obdurate growth of some description loitering beneath my eyebrow. As with the the verruca, in a matter of days the c60oo effected a reduction in sensitivity when pressure was applied to the growth. On appearance it became considerably worse probably because of my tendency to pick at it once I felt its form change and weaken. But within a few weeks it had diminished considerably, although more stubbornly and less rapidly than the 'foot-wart'. I didn’t carry on the treatment as I ran out of oil and as of yet have not reordered. For the most part I applied the oil at night and washed the area in the morning (I have some photos, not attached, but they aren’t great for comparative purposes and the images require some cropping)Given the perceived risk of exposing to light and oxygen it may not have been a wise experiment, but it was certainly effective.

On around a dozen or more occasions I’ve applied the oil to my face at night and washed in the morning. It has probably only ever been applied on three or four consecutive nights. There was no obviously noticeable change in the thin lines on my forehead or upon my pronounced nasolabial folds. There may have been some change in the skin texture and appearance but nothing I felt certain of. It was not a significant experiment, though, but there appeared at least to be no deleterious effects.

A couple of months ago I pinched the skin of my hand in a small bolt-lock, it was a small injury the skin just broke. The tenderness was reduced significantly minutes after applying c60oo to the open wound. I can’t comment on injury recovery time as I’m not prone to pay attention to their duration. The wound still broke a couple of times during subsequent hours and bled.

Recently I’ve been pondering, given there weren’t apparent adverse effects to applying the oil to an open wound, whether to experiment with the application of the oil to the post-derma roll injuries. It would be my first attempt at facial derma rolling so there has been be no control. My, unsophisticated very loose rationale, apart from bare-faced curiosity, is based on the importance of SODs in skin health and the longecity-conjecture that c60oo is an SOD mimic. Could this be a sensible idea? Has anyone experimented with this?  

The other week I tried derma rolling on each hand to a different degree in a bid to gauge recovery time before diving in to more socially exposed areas, it then struck me that this would be a great test for c60’s healing properties in both recovery and pain reduction - treat one with c60oo, one without. Any thoughts?

#3250 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:14 AM

I have done something similiar some days ago with a sunspot on my forearm, it had some skin shedding and is definitely much lighter already. I also dermarolled my eyebrow hair and I have definite new hair growth still only 1 to 2mm mm in length to the proximal part of my eyebrrow. Which is where I was hoping to get new growth. I am stoked with this result

#3251 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:02 AM

May I ask you where you got your dermaroller and which model?

#3252 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

Sorry but no, I just looked at it and there is no brand name. I can tell you I bought it on Amazon and it was one of the cheaper ones with 8 roes of micro needles. I bought 3 sizes 0.5, 1.0 and 1.5mm. I only ended up using the 1.5mm rather irregularly ie every month or 2nd month. My aim was to increase density on my head, which to date has had minimal improvement. I am hoping the addition of  c60oo will also work there in due course.

#3253 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

Thanks for that.

In fact I was thinking about dermarolling in terms of hair "regenaration".

And you don't seem to positive about that...

Edited by YOLF, 25 February 2017 - 06:23 AM.

#3254 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:40 AM

I am now, As I just noted these new hairs today. I have been dermarolling intermittently for around 10 months though. I hope it is with the addition of dermarolling c60 into it that is making the difference.

#3255 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

How long have been adding C60 topically?

#3256 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:44 PM

Just over a week ago I experimented with derma-rolling using GoodandCheap's c60oo. I performed the derma roll on my face (and on my receded hairline) and subsequent c60 application two nights in a row. The derma-roll was not severe - hardly any blood surfaced but my skin was naturally reddish. Both times, sleeping lightly I washed my face of the c60oo before dawn.

There was no overnight miracle or indeed noticeable change. So I will at some point experiment for longer periods and with possibly more penetrating rolling.

That's an interesting result Mark, its a shame you didn't derma-roll one eye brow :-) as eyebrow growth, spectacular in some cases, is particularly common, so it is hard to know the impact of derma-rolling. It will be fantastic if there is hair regrowth on the crown.

How severe is your derma rolling routine?

Edited by ambivalent, 02 February 2017 - 06:45 PM.

#3257 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:19 AM

How much C60 do you ingest orally Ambivalent. I am only consuming 2ml or 1.6mg ATM. I don't have any improvement on leg hair I dermarolled my calves once as I often get comments where people think I have shaved my calves as they are fairly hairless (at least the back of them) I did not notice any hair increase there though. Perhaps I need to dermaroll more and ingest more.

I do a fairly rough derma roll I suppose there is always blood and I sometimes leave it for a few minutes and prior to C60 wiped it down/off with tee tree oil. As for a reddish complexion I have areas on my face from sun exposure where I was a little redder then I would like and have even derma rolled my face a few times over about the last 10 months. It takes a few weeks but it definitely improves and reduces redness. A lot of applications over a year would remove redness completely IMO.

I have done my face and eyebrows in the evening before bed and when I am awake if it is still a little too red from the dermarolling, I smother my face with sunscreen to cover it. Fortunately sunscreen is commonly used here

• like x 1

#3258 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

about 3 weeks which isn't long, so perhaps it is just the derma rolling that did it.

#3259 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

Making my own c60oo looks a bit darker than the normal red purplish colour. I have stirred it for 6 hours in my commercial blender.

#3260 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

Did you notice any change when using the c60 on derma-roll injury recovery times or pain reduction after application of the oil?

I can't tell eactly when I regained the hair on my leg as I wasn't looking out for it, but I suspect it was I took higher doses of carbon60oliveoil.com. It appears after around 4-5 months of not using the c60oo, the hair in those regions appears to have thinned out again (although more hair than was initially there).  I will take some photos and see if there is improvement now I've started up again.

As for preparation methods I can't advise, others can. Keep out of the light and minimise exposure to oxygen appears good advice. External application is risky, avoid exposure to light and reduce exposure time to air, wash the area after use.

#3261 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:25 AM

Making my own c60oo looks a bit darker than the normal red purplish colour. I have stirred it for 6 hours in my commercial blender.

Sorry it seems a bit pointless however I was trying to upload videos of the pre olive oil and post c60 Olive oil after blending.

Lacking IT skills.

As I was unable to quickly gain access to a scale that could measure MG and only measured gramms. I blended by the C60 cylinders volume . As I needed .8gms per 1 litre of Olive oil I divided the 5gm cylinder settled carbon height (4cm) by 5. Hence theoretically I should have mesurements of 0.8 gms per marked line that I have made. In any case My home made brew's is colour now looking remarkably similiar to the mixed purchased blend of c60oo

Attached Files

#3262 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:32 AM

Did you notice any change when using the c60 on derma-roll injury recovery times or pain reduction after application of the oil?

I can't tell eactly when I regained the hair on my leg as I wasn't looking out for it, but I suspect it was I took higher doses of carbon60oliveoil.com. It appears after around 4-5 months of not using the c60oo, the hair in those regions appears to have thinned out again (although more hair than was initially there).  I will take some photos and see if there is improvement now I've started up again.

As for preparation methods I can't advise, others can. Keep out of the light and minimise exposure to oxygen appears good advice. External application is risky, avoid exposure to light and reduce exposure time to air, wash the area after use.

thanks

My blend is now stored in the refrigerator. And I will probably freeze some as others have done. 

#3263 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

My blend is now stored in the refrigerator. And I will probably freeze some as others have done. 

You need to blend/shake it for at least 2 weeks at room temperature before storing/freezing a final product.

~5 days is insufficient "brewing" time.

#3264 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:48 AM

Ok will do 

thanks

#3265 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:43 PM

I am now, As I just noted these new hairs today. I have been dermarolling intermittently for around 10 months though. I hope it is with the addition of dermarolling c60 into it that is making the difference.

Has the hair growth persisted apmark? I've noticed no growth from the couple of derma-rolls and c60 topical application.

#3266 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Hi sorry for the delay, I have been overseas for 11days and hence also not used c60 whilst away. In any case unfortunately there are no evident new hairs, also the c60 applied topically to the sunspot also does not seem to be having any reversible effect
  • Informative x 3

#3267 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:46 AM

Here is a home made C60-evoo preparation that has worked well for me after reading the guidance of other frequent Forum contributors like Turnbuckle, Niner and others.

Recipe:

1.0 gram SES 99.9% purified C60

1200 mL Trader Joe's Kalamata EVOO, $8.99/1L

Transferred 1.0 gram SES C60 powder into Vktech Mortar and Pestle,Stainless Steel (Amazon).  Ground dry C60 powder vigorously for about 2 minutes until dry grinding did not appear to comminute the powder further.  To ground powder in mortar added with a plastic pipette 2 mL evoo.  Wet ground about 30 seconds to an inky deep brown slurry.  Using same pipette transferred slurry into 1500 mL clear narrow mouthed glass jar.  Then from the Trader Joe's Kalamata EVOO bottle dripped into the mortar about 3 - 5 mLs EVOO and worked with pestle to rinse off all internal surfaces of mortar & pestle.  With each small aliquot of EVOO used to rinse mortar & pestle transferred each portion into the 1500 mL clear glass jar.  Repeated rinses of mortar & pestle about ten times with 3 - 5 mL EVOO until all stainless steel surfaces looked shiny and clean.  At this point was confident that all the C60 powder was transferred into 1500 mL clear glass jar.  

To the 1500 mL clear glass jar poured the remaining EVOO from the 1L bottle from Trader Joe's.  Opened a second 1 L bottle of Trader Joe's Kalamata EVOO.  Measured out 200 mL into a Pyrex measuring cup, then poured this into the 1500 mL clear glass jar.  The total EVOO liquid in the clear glass jar should total about 1200 mL.  Capped the jar with a polyseal cap and shook vigorously.

Shook clear glass jar with C60/EVOO mixture vigorously for 30 seconds 2 - 3 times per day.  Within 72 hours the c60 appeared to have completely solublized into the EVOO to provide a light rose colored water clear liquid.  After sitting for a few hours just a whisper of black residue was visible on the bottom of the jar.

I decant off the liquid into 9 brown glass 125 mL wide mouth polyseal cap jars, leaving a small amount of EVOO with the whisper of black residue in the clear mix jar to discard.  You can filter the C60-EVOO liquid easily with 0.45 micron glass fiber syringe filters, but it seems as though the C60 has fully dissolved as the EVOO adduct.  I freeze these jars then thaw one by one for use.

This method is way faster and the resulting C60-EVOO solution has a color much closer to that from the C60oliveoil.com versus the coca-cola color of products from VW or BuckyLabs.  The first time I prepared C60-EVOO I crudely crushed the 99.9% SES C60 in a small bowl with the back of a spoon.  It took literally 3 weeks for the C60 to solublize and the resulting C60-EVOO liquid was coca-cola color, not faint reddish.  So it appears that the longer the C60 is at room temperature in air it progresses toward the coca-cola color as I've used the same Trader Joe's EVOO and the color of this as purchased olive oil product doesn't seem to vary greatly to my eye.

I've wondered if C60oliveoil.com does something similar, crushing to a fine powder &/or inerts their mixing process with an atmosphere of nitrogen, argon or carbon dioxide to preclude oxidation.

Anyway, thought I would share. 

Hi Dachshund, Could you tell me where you got the glass fiber syringe filters as I'm not familiar with these.  Do you need anything else to go with it?  Thanks

Edited by YOLF, 25 February 2017 - 06:42 AM.

• Informative x 1

#3268 YOLF

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:26 AM

What might work even better than dermarolling, though not sure about hair regrowth, just tissue turn over, is autologous blood injection. Get some needles and syringes, fill with blood from your arm and then stick yourself a bunch of times. I haven't been brave enough to try it since gotu kola made me look older rather than younger...

#3269 YOLF

Posted 25 February 2017 - 06:38 AM

Just over a week ago I experimented with derma-rolling using GoodandCheap's c60oo. I performed the derma roll on my face (and on my receded hairline) and subsequent c60 application two nights in a row. The derma-roll was not severe - hardly any blood surfaced but my skin was naturally reddish. Both times, sleeping lightly I washed my face of the c60oo before dawn.

There was no overnight miracle or indeed noticeable change. So I will at some point experiment for longer periods and with possibly more penetrating rolling.

That's an interesting result Mark, its a shame you didn't derma-roll one eye brow :-) as eyebrow growth, spectacular in some cases, is particularly common, so it is hard to know the impact of derma-rolling. It will be fantastic if there is hair regrowth on the crown.

How severe is your derma rolling routine?

You know, I've noticed that some people get bushier eyebrows as they age, it's kinda like facial hair... get old and get more of it... I don't think the results will translate to your head, so unless you're going to transplant them follicle by follicle into the hairline, I wouldn't expect results... 

Perhaps what is being done or happening in cases of success is that people are bridging their eyebrows to the bottom of their hair peaks and continuing to bridge those hairs into the hairline. Though this would always be shorter type hairs, it would still look and feel good. I'm thinking it would be a good idea to get grafts of my eyebrows placed into parts of my head where I've lost hair and then dermaroll around it to spread the hair. The resultant short fuzz would be great and easier to manage, not to mention it would lose it's color far less quickly. Care to try making a bridge and documenting it? Perhaps see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and see if they'll do the grafts I've suggested and go from there? I really wouldn't mind a head brow :)

Perhaps the cells stay on the derma roller if you derma roll the brows first and then use the roller around the hair line? Any triers?

#3270 YOLF

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:00 AM

Oh, and TBH, I'm disappointed with C60s performance. It's had some good applications, but nothing that has made me all that younger. I suspect that for humans, DMAE and a handful of other things are more reliable for our purposes... hell, we still don't know how this stuff works. We're just hoping it translates to us. 

I think we should fund some serious inquiry into this substance and figure out what it's actually doing. We all seem to be spending money on hope, but if we were to pool that money together and do some serious inquiry that I will post below, I think we'd know if this was a good pursuit to spend our money on or if there was something better.

Here's what we need to do:

1. Figure out what is actually being made when C60 is added to olive oil. It would cost around $1000 to have some tests run to determine exactly what we're looking at, maybe more if we're looking at it with an electron microscope.

2. We need to know what it looks like when it gets into the blood stream. We need to have blood drawn at a research lab and figure out what's changed in it immediately after ingestion and after 3 hours which is thought to be the peak, perhaps we should determine when the peak occurs too. This would cost some money. A few thousand dollars I'm guessing. There are no boxed tests for what we're looking at.

3. Assuming the C60 remains unaltered in the blood, we need to do cell and tissue culture tests to see what is happening and have those scanned with an electron microscope. Maybe even do some radiotagging. The first part shouldn't be too expensive, radiotagging might add some significant costs.

4. Bald rodent tests. When given to animals, does their skin age faster or slower? What do they look like? I don't think we've seen photographic proof of living rodents being visibly younger from ANY source. This needs to be done. The first test we did with Ichor's lab showed that some of the rodents lived shorter lives. We need to understand why.

This would lay the groundwork for a much better understanding of this stuff such that we could determine what other options there are for oils and conjugates and even for creating complexes of conjugates that would be much more efficacious if it turns out that we find that it is working...

Vote up this post if you think it's a good idea. Cuz visually, since my first use of this stuff, I feel like it's been harder to stay younger looking and I can think of several ways that this stuff could make us older faster. Serious science needs to be done. Many times more is known about other supplements. 

Edited by YOLF, 25 February 2017 - 07:08 AM.

• like x 4
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users