* * * * - 14 votes

C60 experiments @ home

buckyball c60 fullerene buckyballs

• Please log in to reply
3585 replies to this topic

#3271 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

I'm sure I remember reading a post by the early adopters of c60 olive oil. From what I recall, at the time Olive Oil was a pretty arbitrary choice.

So it occurred to me to ask:

1. Why Olive Oil, have other oils been tried? What about Barleans Flax Seed Oil or something super-healthy? What about a non-oil, like honey, or a glycerine base?

2. Realizing that the OO is mostly just a carrier, wouldn't a lighter oil be better? Or would the 60 just sink to the bottom in a lighter solution. Does that even matter, if it's going to be removed from the oil in your IT tract anyways?

3. Does anybody KNOW that the c60 is even making it into cells? It's suspended in a heavy oil that gets partially/mostly broken down in the stomach - maybe the c60 mostly ends up as a lumpy pass that simply passes through.

4. On that note, could some of the health benefits from c60 detoxifying the IT tract as it passes? People eat charcoal to detoxify; different compound I realize, but still same principle. If c60 can carry other molecules, maybe some of this effect is simply it carrying away toxins.

5. Turnbuckle's note about Lysosome breakdown makes me wonder - Any long-term studies or user reports of that happens to the c60 over time? Wouldn't the buildup of a foreign substance in the body over time be similar in some ways to absbestos exposure? Foreign substance, can't be broken down, no way to get rid of it?

6. On the flip side, Turnbuckle identified a possible breakdown enzyme, and consider this: if c60 is naturally found in our environment, odds are the body DOES have a way to break it down. It's not like absbetos, where it only occurs in remote mineral deposits. Carbon sources, soot, ash, etc are ALL around us all the time. Maybe evolution already provided us with breakdown paths for this?

7. I've read that c60 works as an antioxidant - but it's not chemically reactive, is it? If it IS just an antioxidant effect, has it been compared to something like Astaxanthin, which people also report increases their endurance, stamina, etc....

• Ill informed x 3

#3272 YOLF

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:29 PM

Well said Tim, the idea that it has to be olive oil is ridiculous... This stuff isn't feasible manufacturing wise if it takes days and weeks to process... The science could be developed that way, but that lowers the cost of entry for competitors. So it's all a big secret and we're denied a better understanding of a new and potentially dangerous substance. Like I said, I started using it years ago and I'm not not aging any slower for it visually and could see mechanisms where it could be potentially bad. 

I think we'd agree that we need to do more science, did you have a chance to read the post at the top of this page where I talk about what kind of research we need to do to know if this stuff is going to be effective or not? The science has hardly been started and we don't have any basis for this product monopolizing as much media attention and economy as it is. Infinitely cheaper substances have been shown to do better and could be conjugated similarly for improved results. We need to know as a community whether or not we're wasting our time with this stuff. I'll be honest with you, we've got some people making the odd report of this benefit or that, but toxic substances can have minor benefits too. That doesn't mean it's safe and it doesn't mean we should be taking it. That's wisdom speaking. I felt gung ho about this stuff in 2012/13 when I first heard of it and wanted to know at that time if this stuff would be as good as I was thinking it might be and trialing it myself was the only way that I could find out whether I trusted the reports people were making. But that feeling does wear off and then you want real and comprehensive science and an understanding of what is happening. People keep trying this stuff, but we don't have any definitive answers, we don't know how to ensure that we're getting the longer lifespan results rather than the shorter lifespan results and we don't know how to optimize the product for best results or even where it fits into a comprehensive strategy. If you're just taking anything without a comprehensive plan, you're wasting your time. Some stuff will counter others, and too much good stuff can be bad. How many people are out there learning the hard way and how many of them are learning at all and not just running away saying all of this stuff doesn't work? We can't be idiots about this. We need more information. Vote this post up if you think we need to do more research.

• Good Point x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3273 YOLF

Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:48 PM

3. Does anybody KNOW that the c60 is even making it into cells? It's suspended in a heavy oil that gets partially/mostly broken down in the stomach - maybe the c60 mostly ends up as a lumpy pass that simply passes through.

4. On that note, could some of the health benefits from c60 detoxifying the IT tract as it passes? People eat charcoal to detoxify; different compound I realize, but still same principle. If c60 can carry other molecules, maybe some of this effect is simply it carrying away toxins.

We have seen pictures of different organ systems being preserved by administration of C60. But the toxin, was it carbontetrachloride? destroyed in the gut or in the liver? It is thought that it will make it into the blood stream, it's just a matter of WHAT is making it into the blood stream. Any number of reactions could occur in the gut or in the rest of our metabolism for that matter that could be producing other actives and discovering those will be very important to maximizing C60's efficacy and discovering what is happening so we can take more advantage of it. The original C60 study needs to be seen as the tip of an iceberg, not the wonder of the world or it will never take us far enough, just a little further at best.

Once we understand the mechanisms, we'll know whether these benefits are redundant to other technologies or how close or different they are to other mechanisms that change life expectancy and we'll be able to estimate an expected gain in life expectancy for it. Until then, this might as well be garbage pop science. Just a distraction for people who want to live longer to waste their time and efforts on. We need to make sure we're going to have results, it's crazy to count on this as a life extension solution... It might do nothing and our adoption of it as a solution might mean we don't discover better drugs/supplements/mechanisms/etc. that will give us real results. How much of your lifespan are you willing to waste on a guess? Picture yourself dying after living for years or decades believing that this was going to be a miracle substance and what will you be thinking then? That if only you had done more science, there would be a solution by now. You counted on others who failed, only having been able to monetize a new product that didn't work, perfectly repeating history as has been done so many other times. 1000s of things are initially thought to be the fountain of youth, but only a few really are. That means, more than likely, you're being sold BS that isn't going to work.

And for the new startups, this is the discovery lifecycle, sell it on belief for a while, but eventually you have to do science and show new results or the product fails. If you aren't constantly developing and improving, or trying to better understand, you won't diversify and your mountain will crumble. It doesn't make sense to just make one or a few products.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#3274 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

Hey Yolf --

Yes, I did read your post, and I think those are valid experiments to propose. I think that everybody experimenting with this already is also doing something valid, the question is how to correlate & understand those results.

The type of oil used is particularly interesting to me, because it lets you change one of the fundamental "variables" of this experiment. I believe someone did an olive oil vs. c60oo experiment a while back, and it showed positive results over control for the oil alone. So changing the oil to another type - or to something that's not an oil at all - seems like it might at least shed light on what might be coming from the c60 vs. what's coming from the oil itself.

#3275 YOLF

Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:16 AM

Yes, the original study featured an OO only group as have others iirc. Olive oil is a known lifespan extender in rodents. So I'm wondering how a 25-35% anthocyanin mix in olive oil might compare, or any other significantly potent and effective AO for that matter. All it would take would be one such a study to see if we're wasting our time. If PQQ, astaxanthin, or anthocyanins in olive oil, or some other oil are shown to do the same or better, we're obsessing over nothing. There really haven't been enough lifespan trials done at all. We need to test a variety of them and compare the results and mechanisms.

#3276 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:31 AM

Maybe the benefits have nothing to do with antioxidants in the first place. Read this: Antioxidants block cell repair - http://metamodern.co...ck-cell-repair/

Turnbuckle suggested that c60oo's reported benefits may have something to do with stimulating stem-cells.

#3277 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

Maybe the benefits have nothing to do with antioxidants in the first place. Read this: Antioxidants block cell repair - http://metamodern.co...ck-cell-repair/

Turnbuckle suggested that c60oo's reported benefits may have something to do with stimulating stem-cells.

It is a very good antioxidant when prepared properly. This is clear from the livers of the Baati rats that were given toxins. And it is also likely that it stimulates stem cells, judging by the effect people here have reported, and research papers that report the same thing--

The fullerene nanoparticles are quickly internalized by the cells and they had low toxicity to proliferation of hMSCs. The C60(C(COOH)2)2 nanoparticles could promote cell proliferation, enhance osteoclast differentiation of hMSCs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24245108

Stem cell differentiation is likely stimulated by increasing mitochondrial output, which is normally kept at a low level in those cells. So the effect of C60 is three pronged--increasing mito output, stem cell differentiation, and as an antioxidant.

#3278 YOLF

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:48 PM

Well that should produce measurable results that we can test for...

Whether an AO is good or bad is determined by when and where it is applied. That's a reason to want to improve targeting and conjugation technology.

Edited by YOLF, 26 February 2017 - 06:54 PM.

#3279 YOLF

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

It is a very good antioxidant when prepared properly. This is clear from the livers of the Baati rats that were given toxins. And it is also likely that it stimulates stem cells, judging by the effect people here have reported, and research papers that report the same thing--

The fullerene nanoparticles are quickly internalized by the cells and they had low toxicity to proliferation of hMSCs. The C60(C(COOH)2)2 nanoparticles could promote cell proliferation, enhance osteoclast differentiation of hMSCs.

Stem cell differentiation is likely stimulated by increasing mitochondrial output, which is normally kept at a low level in those cells. So the effect of C60 is three pronged--increasing mito output, stem cell differentiation, and as an antioxidant.

What is C60(C(COOH)2)2 ?

Is the differentiation good? Does it deplete stem cells faster? Do rodents run out of stem cells or suffer from lower volumes of them?

#3280 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

Can differentiation occurs without prior proliferation? Then, the potential for the future number of cells will decrease. If that occurs, wouldn't some protein such as p16 arrest the cell cycle in G0 phase?

Wasn't there inconclusive discussion regarding to the stem cell issue with fullerene before?

At least, one 2016 study seems to indicate fullerene involves in stem cell proliferation and differentiation in cardiac cells.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4723099/

Edited by Graviton, 26 February 2017 - 08:33 PM.

#3281 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:10 PM

Can differentiation occurs without prior proliferation? Then, the potential for the future number of cells will decrease. If that occurs, wouldn't some protein such as p16 arrest the cell cycle in G0 phase?

Wasn't there inconclusive discussion regarding to the stem cell issue with fullerene before?

At least, one 2016 study seems to indicate fullerene involves in stem cell proliferation and differentiation in cardiac cells.

Right, differentiation without proliferation would be bad, and I doubt that happens in general. On the other hand, proliferation without differentiation would seem to be good, as it would replenish the body's stem cell reserves that are depleted with ageing.

#3282 YOLF

Posted 28 February 2017 - 12:18 AM

Well, this post says prostaglandin 2 is part of what causes hair loss in men secondary to DHT. I've seen people hypothesize that C60 reduces PGD2, but FYI, I've lost some hair when taking creatine and despite taking C60 with it. I'm not sure how effective it actually is at this if at all. That's just what my experience indicates.

• Informative x 1

#3283 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:27 AM

Right, differentiation without proliferation would be bad, and I doubt that happens in general. On the other hand, proliferation without differentiation would seem to be good, as it would replenish the body's stem cell reserves that are depleted with ageing.

what about using icariin/horny goat weed to increase proliferation?i was also thinking about platelet rich plasma boost from the use of C60 and horny goat weed

my experience on this combo is: my face is plumping up in just 3 days from PRP although i cannot be sure this is from prp, c60 or horny goat weed because this is the first time i m doing prp (im 48yo)

whats your thoughts on icariin and stemcell proliferation under C60?

the bad of horny goat weed which i used for 3-6months on 2016 is the testostrone sides effects, losing some face/body fat, losing hair, thinning hair, very oily skin and kind of some light acne which is not good at 48yo

Edited by lost69, 28 February 2017 - 11:29 AM.

• Informative x 1

#3284 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:03 PM

what about using icariin/horny goat weed to increase proliferation?i was also thinking about platelet rich plasma boost from the use of C60 and horny goat weed

my experience on this combo is: my face is plumping up in just 3 days from PRP although i cannot be sure this is from prp, c60 or horny goat weed because this is the first time i m doing prp (im 48yo)

whats your thoughts on icariin and stemcell proliferation under C60?

the bad of horny goat weed which i used for 3-6months on 2016 is the testostrone sides effects, losing some face/body fat, losing hair, thinning hair, very oily skin and kind of some light acne which is not good at 48yo

Very interesting, especially icariin. Proliferation has been shown in vitro--Icariin stimulates the proliferation of rat bone mesenchymal stem cells via ERK and p38 MAPK signaling. If it does this in vivo as well, then that would potentially refresh the stem cell pool. I have doubts about using it with C60, however. Seems it would be safer to separate the two treatments by some days, with icariin first, and then C60, since so little is known about either.

I would also not use either C60 or icariin with NAD supplements for mito QC. QC requires fission and icariin seems to block it--

Further study showed that icariin treatment resulted in a decrease in mitochondrial fission protein dynamin-related protein 1 (Drp1) and an increase in fusion protein Mitofusin 2 (Mfn2).

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4783897/

Edited by Turnbuckle, 28 February 2017 - 01:08 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3285 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:50 PM

sorry for the off topic here but results are so dramatic  

i did PRP away from home and had no C60 yet, i didn t expect much from prp just better skin tone but my family said i had a clear lifting effect on cheeks and especially on skin depression under cheeks that have been fulled already by 3 days.

i dont think prp alone can do this whatsoever by 3 days so it gotta be icariin or nad or mitoq.they said to expect better skin tone only starting after 3-4 days and some improvement on skin texture at 3-4weeks

do you know if there is a clear link between activated platelets prp and stemcells proliferation?

it would be wonderful if other members could replicate this (just a note probably not important, PRP injections were made very deep in tissues exactly where needed by one of the most expert plastic surgeon in my country, not superficial on the skin like on youtube videos) 

so during these 3 days i took 1g liposomal vitamin C directly on skin (i do this every night as a routine), 1g vitamin c by mouth, 2400mg horny goat weed, mito q 20mg, nad 300-400mg (few other less important nutritional supplements like folate,b12, selenium, magnesium)

i think i ll keep nad because i plan mitochondrial clean up protocol.are you sure also mitoq should be stopped, since the results are so good i m afraid of changing anything

i can avoid C60 because i did PRP away from home and had no C60 yet, i didn t expect much from prp, just better skin tone but my family said i m having a clear lifting effect on cheeks and especially skin depression under cheeks that have been fulled already.i dont think prp alone can do this whatsoever by 3 days so it gotta be icariin or nad or mitoq.icariin the most probable although i dont understand what kind of connection we may have between activated platelets and stemcells

it would be wonderful if other members could replicate this (just a note probably not important, PRP injections were made very deep in tissues exactly where needed by one of the most expert plastic surgeon in my country, not superficial on the skin like on youtube videos) 

so i only mixed 1g liposomal vitamin C on face (i do this every night as a routine), 1g vitamin c by mouth, 2400mg horny goat weed, mito q 20mg, nad 300-400mg (few other less important nutritional supplements like folate,b12, selenium, magnesium)

i think i ll keep nad because i plan mitochondrial clean up soon.are you sure also mitoq should be stopped, since the results are so good i m afraid of changing anything

Edited by lost69, 28 February 2017 - 01:51 PM.

• Off-Topic x 2

#3286 YOLF

Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:43 PM

i did PRP away from home and had no C60 yet, i didn t expect much from prp just better skin tone but my family said i had a clear lifting effect on cheeks and especially on skin depression under cheeks that have been fulled already by 3 days.

i dont think prp alone can do this whatsoever by 3 days so it gotta be icariin or nad or mitoq.they said to expect better skin tone only starting after 3-4 days and some improvement on skin texture at 3-4weeks

do you know if there is a clear link between activated platelets prp and stemcells proliferation?

so during these 3 days i took 1g liposomal vitamin C directly on skin (i do this every night as a routine), 1g vitamin c by mouth, 2400mg horny goat weed, mito q 20mg, nad 300-400mg (few other less important nutritional supplements like folate,b12, selenium, magnesium)

i think i ll keep nad because i plan mitochondrial clean up protocol.are you sure also mitoq should be stopped, since the results are so good i m afraid of changing anything

i can avoid C60 because i did PRP away from home and had no C60 yet, i didn t expect much from prp, just better skin tone but my family said i m having a clear lifting effect on cheeks and especially skin depression under cheeks that have been fulled already.i dont think prp alone can do this whatsoever by 3 days so it gotta be icariin or nad or mitoq.icariin the most probable although i dont understand what kind of connection we may have between activated platelets and stemcells

so i only mixed 1g liposomal vitamin C on face (i do this every night as a routine), 1g vitamin c by mouth, 2400mg horny goat weed, mito q 20mg, nad 300-400mg (few other less important nutritional supplements like folate,b12, selenium, magnesium)

i think i ll keep nad because i plan mitochondrial clean up soon.are you sure also mitoq should be stopped, since the results are so good i m afraid of changing anything

If you don't like the facial fat loss from the T side effects there are an annoyingly common number of things which reduce T levels. Perhaps one would reduce your high T side effects?

What about glandulars from bovine bone marrow? I've had bone related results from those well in excess of the mineral component alone. I'm thinking it might be a more inexpensive means than icarins of boosting MSC proliferation as well as proliferation of bone marrow in general, or am I missing something. I admit I'm not terribly well versed at this part of MSCs.

• Off-Topic x 3

#3287 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I didn't mean mitoq. I meant mito Quality Control, which is set in motion by an elevated NAD+/NADH ratio. Supplements like nicotinamide, niacin, and nicotinamide riboside will raise it. 

Active autophagy coupled with rapid mitochondrial fusion and fission constitutes an important mitochondrial quality control mechanism and is critical to cellular health...Here, we present evidence to show that the effect of nicotinamide is mediated through an increase of the [NAD(+)]/[NADH] ratio...

https://www.ncbi.nlm...uality control"

• Off-Topic x 1

#3288 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:20 PM

If you don't like the facial fat loss from the T side effects there are an annoyingly common number of things which reduce T levels. Perhaps one would reduce your high T side effects?

What about glandulars from bovine bone marrow? I've had bone related results from those well in excess of the mineral component alone. I'm thinking it might be a more inexpensive means than icarins of boosting MSC proliferation as well as proliferation of bone marrow in general, or am I missing something. I admit I'm not terribly well versed at this part of MSCs.

i meant i got those sides effects after months of use at about 6-9g a day, i think i can stand sides using 1g for 4-7 weeks it usually take for prp results

by the way horny goat weed is inexpensive 

i ll check bovine bone marrow anyway as a future possible add on, where do you get it from?

• Off-Topic x 3

#3289 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:36 AM

Swanson has what appears to be a 10% standardized 600mg tab for $6.99: 

https://www.swansonv...otherSize=PF226

They also have a more expensive $24.99 version standardized to 50%, but it's only 300mg, so I don't know if that justifies the cost.

I had no idea that Horny Goat Weed stimulated neural stem cell growth - I'll add this to my shopping list. Any idea how much?

BTW - my "fallback" in that area is Lion's Mane. It works wonders! I suspect I've built up a tolerance to it, so I'm taking a month off & we'll see how it goes.

Not everybody responds to it, but in my case, I had vivid dreams the first night I took it of people & places I hadn't seen / thought of since college. One of my friends had the same thing happen - and then 2 others had no effect whatsoever. I took the positive effect to be a sign of new neural growth or at least activity.

Anybody take Lion's Mane with c60oo? Does it potentiate effects of anything like like that?

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Informative x 1

#3290 YOLF

Posted 01 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

i meant i got those sides effects after months of use at about 6-9g a day, i think i can stand sides using 1g for 4-7 weeks it usually take for prp results

by the way horny goat weed is inexpensive 

i ll check bovine bone marrow anyway as a future possible add on, where do you get it from?

First time I bought the bone marrow glandular was from Swanson. I just ordered some from nutricology (good brand and lower price point with prime shipping). Same active, so we'll see how comparable they are. As for HGW, I'm ordering it based on icariin content. I'm getting a 20% icarin flavanoids and a 20% icarin and 30% icarin flavanoids product to compare. I know the actual content of the actives is very important and makes a huge difference with cissus. So I'm assuming it to be the same way with this stuff whether demonstrated by a study or not. 40% ketosterones vs. 40% total ketosterones with half being 3-ketosterone is the difference between almost no effect and strong consistent effects. Plus a ton of powder is hard to swallow and equivalent doses will actually be more expensive with the lower extract in alot of cases. Remind me, I'll let you know which one I perceive stronger effects from.

• Off-Topic x 2

#3291 YOLF

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:10 AM

They also have a more expensive $24.99 version standardized to 50%, but it's only 300mg, so I don't know if that justifies the cost.

I had no idea that Horny Goat Weed stimulated neural stem cell growth - I'll add this to my shopping list. Any idea how much?

BTW - my "fallback" in that area is Lion's Mane. It works wonders! I suspect I've built up a tolerance to it, so I'm taking a month off & we'll see how it goes.

Not everybody responds to it, but in my case, I had vivid dreams the first night I took it of people & places I hadn't seen / thought of since college. One of my friends had the same thing happen - and then 2 others had no effect whatsoever. I took the positive effect to be a sign of new neural growth or at least activity.

Anybody take Lion's Mane with c60oo? Does it potentiate effects of anything like like that?

I notice that bacopa makes my skin more sensitive (sometimes... I guess it depends on diet... but I haven't been able to get consistent effects and I get gi side effects...) and this is thought to be from higher NGF, it has also made my skin itchy iirc, though my experience might be confounded. Lion's main is thought to cause itchy skin also and it is considered a benign side effect of higher NGF levels. Just an interesting experience I thought I'd share.

Aside from that, I'm wondering if Bacopa or LM affect stem cell proliferation. I suppose not tampering with cell adhesion factors would be a good idea at this time. Perhaps there are some that affect stem cells and not immune or cancer cells? I've read that luteolin and apigenin increase telomere length while shortening telos in cancer. Perhaps this could be a good combination?

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Informative x 1

#3292 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 04:19 AM

I get my horny goat weed from here http://www.australhe...oat-weed-powder   . I have run out though and will replenish when other items in my regime have become lower (normally take 5gm per day for 2 weeks of the month). I am however still having other telomerase inducers with my c60oo including ashwaganda, astragalus, he shou wu, etc. The neural effects seem to be significant to me, ? Placebo effect, but am am much more in the moment more often. 

• Off-Topic x 2

#3293 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:23 AM

apmark - Why do you buy from Austral Herbs? Their product description isn't really complete, so I'm wondering if there's any differentiating factor that makes their product better, or lower cost/shipping, or what?

I can't take Ashwaganda or Bacopa - they knock me out. Interesting, because I've heard many people say the same thing.

In any case, how do any of these react with c60oo - or do they at all?

• Off-Topic x 2

#3294 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

I buy from them because they are cheap $31.00 for a 1 kg bag is cheap. 

I am sorry but I do not know how they react with C60oo. I was on a telomerase inducing regime long before I commenced c60oo with good effect. The only difference I can note so far since ingesting and applying c60 is a positive neural effect, possibly placebo. Initially vivid dreams, still getting very deep solid sleeps and a few tiny new central eyebrow hairs.

#3295 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

First day on C60oo. I purchased 2 batches - 1 from carbon60oliveoil.com and the other from Vaughter. The carbon60oliveoil.com batch arrived first, so we're experimenting with that one first.

Took 1 teaspoon (5ml) about 2 hours ago. I would say the immediate effect is some neural overstimulation. A little hyper, a little brain fog, a teensy bit cranky - I'll have to watch that. Of course, I spent the better part of the day drinking coffee at work, so I can't justifiably act surprised about that, you know? Also, I JUST started back into my daily exercise routine last week, so I'm adjusting to that as well.

So, being the first dose always make the first impression: 30 minute onset, which is pretty remarkable given that it's a freaking oil. The carbon60oliveoil.com was VERY well mixed, BTW. No clumps or uneven texture to it. No texture at all, to be honest. Just picture olive oil with finely dispersed graphite in it - so not red at all. More of olive oil with a greyish tint.

Back to the overstimulation, I would also say that my senses are a little more acute. Eyes are scratchy & dry. I can feel cool airflow in the room whereas I couldn't a while ago - well, I COULD feel it, but for some reason I'm noticing it now.

Along with the brain fog comes that "turning inward", which I'd guess you could call "more focus" if it wasn't for the brain fog, right?

I suspect that this will pass in the next few hours, so we'll see how it goes from there.

• Informative x 1

#3296 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

Very interesting effect! Hmm...how to describe this?

Third day on C60oo. I originally started this post writing how I didn't notice any effects on day 2, maybe it wasn't working anymore. I'm not expecting anything from it, so I figured maybe the effect on day 1 was psychosomatic and that'd be that. Anyhow, wrote a paragraph about not noticing anything, took my 3rd daily 5ml dose, then walked the dogs & waited in the car for the wife to grab some Teriyaki takeout before heading home.

I'd say about 2 hours after taking dose #3, I'm noticing that my senses are more acute, it feels "easier to breathe" (less effort, although I didn't really notice any "effort" to breathe before), and I do feel a slight stimulant effect, but not "druglike". More like just mild excitement. The best way to explain it is that it reminds me of one of those first days of warm spring weather when you go outside & just feel more alive. In this case, though, it's still a yucky 40-something degrees outside & rainy, so we can rule out seasonal changes...

I took my first & 2nd days doses while working late, so I'd estimated that on day #1 it took about an hour for effect onset, and on day #2 again I didn't really feel much of anything. However, the c60 effects seem really subtle, so maybe I just overlooked the effect. On day #3 we're talking 1.5 to 2 hours for effect or more. When you stop to think about it, though, that makes sense - olive oil is a thick, viscous substance. It's not going simply just enter the bloodstream immediately like a simple carbohydrate would. To counter that, however, from what remember from biology oils typically take longer to breakdown than 2 hours, so my guess is that it is being absorbed rather than being completely digested. Not sure if that's accurate, though.

Quick Note: when taking the c60oo, I notice a slight stinging in the back of my throat when I first take it. Not bad, but enough that I feel that this substance IS chemically active. We cook with Kirkland EVOO, which I believe is what carbon60oliveoil.com uses as their base, and obviously I don't feel that normally, so whatever that slight stinging is, it either comes from the c60 or an intermediary formed with c60 in suspension.

• Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3297 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:13 AM

Quick Note: when taking the c60oo, I notice a slight stinging in the back of my throat when I first take it. Not bad, but enough that I feel that this substance IS chemically active. We cook with Kirkland EVOO, which I believe is what carbon60oliveoil.com uses as their base, and obviously I don't feel that normally, so whatever that slight stinging is, it either comes from the c60 or an intermediary formed with c60 in suspension.

The sting comes entirely from the polyphenols in the olive oil. This is one of the biggest variables in olive oils and no one knows which one might be best in the C60 concoction. The strongest antioxidant in olive oil is hydroxytyrosol, which is a derivative of oleuropein, and oleuropein is responsible for the sting.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#3298 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:54 PM

Agree- I have always felt the sting of good olive oil, with or without C60.
  • Agree x 1

#3299 apmark

• 69 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

I took 4ml of my homemade c60 last night v the SES one, both have the stinging foul taste of the polyphenols, The home made one is not as bad though and doesn't seem to have that dirty taste. Anyway I have been too busy last couple of months to do any exercise so I did my 5km morning run along the beach that I was previously doing. My thinking was that I would only run half of it as previously stated I haven't done anything for a long while. As it turned out I did the full run as I was not anymore worn out at all. It was like I had still been doing the run 3 times a week.

• like x 1

#3300 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:25 AM

Day #4: Woke up a bit more stiff & sore than usual. I wanted to blame this on the c60oo, but actually I'll blame it on mild dehydration. Took my dose in the AM today, offhand didn't notice any effects, but what I've noticed over the last few days were pretty subtle, so maybe I was just too busy to see anything.

Is there any kind of good concensus page/list/thread on Longecity for the results folks are seeing from c60? What I mean is basically some kind of summary, as there are SO many stories out there (and so many of them simply speculation, not first-person results) that I'm getting lost reading up on this. Like, "OK, you're trying c60oo - here's what you can expect".

I've obviously read the Baati rat study, also read a couple of the studies about potential negative effects. So what about human effects? I've read a couple of profile pages, but I'd like to find a real drill-down on what the early adopters here saw.

Finally, carbon60oliveoil.com recommends about 5ml per day (1 teaspoon). Others in this forum state that constant use is bad, and suggest 1 dose per week, etc. Any good concensus on this?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: buckyball, c60, fullerene, buckyballs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users