* * * * * 1 votes

sciencek1d deprenyl log

deprenyl nootropics brain health selegiline

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 sciencek1d

• 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

So after reading more on both racetams and deprenyl, I've decided to go with a deprenyl trial first before doing a racetam. This is just my log for my record keeping.

I'm currently taking with Deprenyl:
-Cinnamon Bark
-Vitamin C 500mg
-Magnesium 600mg
-B12

Things I will take one week after Deprenyl ( every 3-4 days I'll add one to the stack)
-krill oil
-selenium complex
-fermented cod liver oil
-super k
-kelp
-vitamin d3

Day #1:
- Exercise in the morning
- Breakfast: 5 eggs + bacon + cayennne sauce (B12 with food)
- Waited an hour to take 2.5mg of deprenyl with a kale shake.
- Lunch Time: cinnamon bark + vitamin C + apple + carrots

Diary: Today I felt no effects of the Deprenyl. I was hoping to feel something at the dose I took, but it's still a rather small dose. I had a mild shortness of breath while driving to work, but I think that was because I had anticipation building up (excited/curious of effects). The rest of the day went along like normal. Did some more research on the dietary restrictions, was a little worried about the bacon I ate in the morning. I found this article below that put my worry to rest though.

Deprenyl - extending lifespan - article by James South - "At normally used clinical dosages (10-15 mg/day), deprenyl is a selective MAO-B inhibitor, so it doesn’t prevent intestinal MAO-A from digesting dietary tyramine. (1) In addition, deprenyl has the unique ability to prevent tyramine from getting into noradrenalin-using nerve calls, and it’s only when tyramine enters noradrenalin nerve cells that control arterial blood pressure that it triggers the “cheese effect.”"

I just took 600mg of magnesium. End of day 1.

For future posts, I'll always try to provide some useful links at the end for readers who are thinking about taking Deprenyl (I know something like this would of made my life easier).

Citation: Log about low-dose of deprenyl
http://www.longecity...e-deprenyl-log/

Citation: Where I found my reference from
http://smart-drugs.n...-deprenylJS.htm

Citation: deprenyl website
http://www.deprenyl....deprenyl-57.htm

Purchased from:
http://nubrain.com/i...od&productId=12

Edited by sciencek1d, 18 July 2012 - 12:45 AM.

#2 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:42 PM

Day #2 Same routine as yesterday, same dose at 2.5mg. No crazy side effects today. I'm not sure how different I feel. I'm more relaxed throughout the day, but that could be because I'm reading a meditation book at lunch and at the end of the night lol. If no results happen by Sunday, I'll bump the dose up to 5mg on Monday and come back down to initial 2.5mg on Tuesday.

Citation: Positive results from deprenyl (this is what i'm looking for)
http://www.longecity...post__p__318525

Edited by sciencek1d, 18 July 2012 - 11:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Quick Update: Magnesium is really good with deprenyl. I've had stomach aches throughout the day when I take deprenyl, but I noticed when I took the magnesium at night it, it really comforted by stomach. So I took it an hour after I dosed today and it actually helps with stomach aches.. Just thought I might add that for any one else having tummy aches.

On another note, I decided to add krill oil to my stack today as well. Current stack looks like this now:

-Cinnamon Bark
-Vitamin C 500mg
-Magnesium 600mg
-B12
-Krill Oil 1000mg
-Probiotics

Edited by sciencek1d, 19 July 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#4 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:24 PM

Day #3 was pretty interesting for some parts. The one key thing at work was... I saw a hot co-worker (sexy as fack!) catch eyes with me and I literally felt my body go into prey and predator mode lol It was weird, like I felt like she knew I would fuck her brains out. Anyway that feeling past quick. With that situation though, I'm not sure if it's because I haven't had sex in a week and a half or not, but yeah could be both, so I'll just go with week and a half assumption.

Other things, I've beem reading more and more on the subject, I'm not sure if that's just because I'm so curious to find all reviews, posts and threads on this drug or what. Either way been learning a lot about it. I messaged a couple of members on here about their experiences, but soon noticed there was a limit to the amount of pm's I can send in one day lol Some people that I didn't get to yet was Animal, interested in knowing more about your experience. Also aLurker curious to no more about your eating habits while on deprenyl.

I currently haven't changed my eating habits one bit. I still eat about 3-4 bacons in the morning, as well as consume almonds, walnuts, and macadamia nuts, I think all tyramine type foods. The only thing I dropped was cheese, but even with that I wasn't a heavy cheesy eater anyway. haha plus something about it called "cheese effect" makes me not want to touch cheese.

That's about it for today, I also decided to throw in D3 today just now, because krill oil went down well in the morning so just speeding up the supp portion of this log.

Now I'm taking:
-Cinnamon Bark
-Vitamin C 500mg
-Magnesium 600mg
-B12
-Krill Oil 1000mg
-Probiotics
-D3

Edited by sciencek1d, 19 July 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#5 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Day #3

You shouldn't have to worry about the cheese effect since you're not strongly inhibiting the MAO-A enzyme. Also taking deprenyl with food is best.

#6 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

protject, yeah I've been taking it with food, but like 15 mins later. It actually helped even more when I took it while eating the food mid-chew. Thanks! I'm wondering if the cheese effect could happen if I step my dose up to 5mg/day? I know that 20-30mg/day is when you start messing with MAO-A, but I've also read people saying that taking deprenyl actually builds up in your system. So is there at some point that taking 5mg/day will get into MAO-A or is my theory wrong?

Day #4 I didn't feel any changes today. Today went by rather fast as well. I added K2 to my stack and overall everything is still good.

I think I want to try 5mg tomorrow.

My stack now looks like:
-Deprenyl
-Cinnamon Bark
-Vitamin C 500mg
-Magnesium 600mg
-B12
-Krill Oil 1000mg
-Probiotics
-D3
-K2

protject, yeah I've been taking it with food, but like 15 mins later. It actually helped even more when I took it while eating the food mid-chew. Thanks! I'm wondering if the cheese effect could happen if I step my dose up to 5mg/day? I know that 20-30mg/day is when you start messing with MAO-A, but I've also read people saying that taking deprenyl actually builds up in your system. So is there at some point that taking 5mg/day will get into MAO-A or is my theory wrong?

Day #4 I didn't feel any changes today. Today went by rather fast as well. I added K2 to my stack and overall everything is still good.

I think I want to try 5mg tomorrow.

My stack now looks like:
-Deprenyl
-Cinnamon Bark
-Vitamin C 500mg
-Magnesium 600mg
-B12
-Krill Oil 1000mg
-Probiotics
-D3
-K2

Update: found this snippet while researching the web today. Safety first.

Selegeline's actions on neurotransmitters are dose dependent.

At low doses-10 mg/day or less-selegiline exerts an irreversible selective inhibitory effect on MAO-B and has little effect on MAO-A. MAO-B metabolizes dopamine and phenylethylamine; MAO-B inhibitors are effective in treating Parkinson's disease. At this dose, selegiline also inhibits the effect of tyramine, so dietary restrictions are not necessary. Selegiline has a weak antidepressant effect at low doses.

At higher doses-20 mg/day or more-selegiline loses its specificity to MAO-B and works like the older MAOI medications, inhibiting both MAO-A and -B and functioning as an antidepressant. At the higher dose, however, it is affected by tyramine, so dietary restrictions are necessary.

So 5mg looks good to go without having to change up my diet.

Citation: http://www.anti-depr...aoi/selegeline/

Edited by sciencek1d, 20 July 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#7 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Theoretically maybe it would happen, but personally I've taken those ridiculous high doses on a day to day basis for a couple weeks without much of a "cheese effect" problem; but I have taken other MAO inhibitors like St Johns Wort and did get a cheese effect. So again, not saying it couldn't happen, but for some reason I doubt it will. If I'm not mistaken it's a reversible Mao-A inhibitor when it does start inhibiting MAO-A. Don't quote me on that though unless I'm right, I have a shitty memory. Personally I would say stick to a lower dose of deprenyl for a long period of time so that your brain has some time to work with that different substrate, and I think you'll gain appreciable effect over time. of course others may disagree with me here and say you won't get an effect till the higher dose.. but yeah, taking it with food increases its bioavailibility..

#8 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:16 AM

Your probably right, I'll stick to the 2.5mg/day until Sunday. Starting Monday I'll dose up to 5mg.

Something worth mentioning just now. I just made myself some green tea, because I read other people's threads talking about it goes in synergy with selegiline... Wow! In a matter of seconds, my eye movement got fixated on whatever I was doing lol It's hard to describe, think bird's eye view on what ever task I was doing. So I think the focus/concentration part of this experiment just kicked in lol.

Although, right when I started feeling it, my brain went into what do we need to do? So once I'm done with this post I'm going to write down all the task I need to do and start working at it. I figure it's a fast way for me not to lose track of everything I want to do and just come back to it when I've accomplished each one.

Damn, I feel wired as fack! lol

#9 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:48 PM

Quick update. The first night that I took green tea, it really made me super productive. I cleaned my entire house (vacum/dishes/laundry/dusting) + I wrote up a post I've been prolonging for the longest time.

Day #5 2.5mg. Yesterday I woke up this day thinking all I need to do is take some green tea and I'm off to work. The effects I had yesterday didn't happen for me today. I ended up taking some piracetam at 12pm, about 2g. Had me really wired at first. I'm not sure if I liked that type of wired though. I couldn't finish my sentences correctly, like my brain was thinking to fast for my speech. The effects went away after an hour or so, didn't take another 2g though.

Day #6 Just took my 2.5mg dose, I'll update later.

Edited by sciencek1d, 22 July 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#10 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:02 AM

Day #6 So today went normal as well. I did feel pretty tired/sleepy in the middle of the day, but that might be because I stayed up late last night. Tomorrow starts my 5mg dose, so I'm hoping to see some changes after the week is over. Piracetam tastes like shit.

#11 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

Okay, I'll catch everyone up on everything.

Day #7 I took 5mg... worse thing I think I did. I felt normal for most of the day until 4-5 o clock came around the corner. 5pm I had a throbbing head ache, I went to guitar practice still had a throbbing head ache. Guitar practice seemed to mellow it out, but once I got home throbbing head ache returns. As I got into bed to try to sleep it off, I just felt entirely un-easy about going to sleep. My head was throbbing and I really just didn't feel right, fear started to over come me.

Day #8 I went back down to my normal dose of 2.5mg, after the incident yesterday I was a bit worried. I also stopped consuming bacon in the morning to see the effects it has on me. It seems like bacon had something to do with the headaches =/ so I'm laying off the bacon for now.

Day #9 2.5mg but something is really different about me. My ability to analyze something is improved dramatically. It's weird, I'm faced with problems throughout the day and I find myself finding solutions at an increasing rate. If there's something I don't know or can't figure out, I find myself researching into it or thinking in a different way to overcome the problem. The last couple days this has been happening, I just now want to confirm that It's happening over an extended amount of days.

I like that effect a LOT! Even the way I think has reprogrammed, because like I tell myself that now, I figure out solutions at a rapid pace, and I 100% completely believe myself. It's not those type of affirmations people tend to tell themselves over and over hoping to instill those values, like my brain is certain that I find solutions at a rapid rate.

Day #10 Again today the same thing. I was stuck on a problem I had yesterday at the end of the night, literally the minute I woke up, altered the route I was thinking about the issue. Got on the phone with a couple people and made shit happen. Also I figured out 2 passwords to two old email accounts I had almost 8 yrs ago lol I've been trying to recall them for the longest and just today I decided to revist the accounts or try to figure out my security questions, but I got the passwords right the 3-4 try.

I might do 5mg again later down the road just to make sure if it was just the bacon or I was just having a shitty day.

#12 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:14 PM

Today is day #13. Don't have much to write about the last couple days because, for the most part, they were un-eventful. Yesterday I decided to re incorporate bacon into my diet to see what's a good amount that I can eat with out having a headache. One thing I also realized was that I was eating a lot of nuts while eating bacon at the same time in the past, so I'm guessing that why I had that major head ache that one day.

So days I eat bacon I'll definitely won't be having nuts, and vice versa. I'm about to hit my two week mark of taking deprenyl, let see if I start seeing any really good effects that I've read a lot about :).

I think by next week sunday, I'll try a 5mg again to see if I can handle that dose, this time nuts, bacon, will be excluded from my diet for the most part. I know most say that you can eat what ever you want at my dose (2.5mg) but I'm not so sure about that. I think everything has to be observed with each individual.

I bought a blood pressure taker from amazon last week and been taking my blood pressure every morning and when I come home from work. The last couple days I've been pretty steady at normal, one day I went a little above, but nothing alarming. I highly recommend you grab a blodd pressure taker if your going to be messing with drugs like these, just for safety reasons.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#13 sciencek1d

• Topic Starter
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Been on dep. for about three weeks now. It's had it's ups and downs, but nothing really amazing.

I'm going to start lowering my does of dep. down to 0.3mg/daily for life extension benefits only. This way I can go back to eating the way I like to eat lol Even though I was taking 2.5mg, I would get headaches when I ate bacon or anything that included tyramine. It was easy to stick to my restrictions, but the benefits of taking it over an extended period doesn't seem worth it.

So 0.3mg is the new dose I'll be taking.

In other news, just got a prescription for provigil (the real brand). It was easier than I thought :) Made an appointment, talked to my doc for less than 5 minutes, and perscription was written. Then again, my doc knows I'm a healthy person, exercise, and the whole nine yards, so when I came in he didn't ask any questions, he just was like let's give you this and let's see what you think.

My reason: late night shift.

So I might need to drop dep. for two weeks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: deprenyl, nootropics, brain health, selegiline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users