Hello everyone! I'm going to try a social experiment on this site, and see if we can successfully construct a god or divine being's "personality" or "consciousness."
The idea behind this is that we are looking at a monotheistic deity, one that created this universe as a whole. What we are doing is looking at the universe in all its aspects (From morality, laws of physics, earth, humans, stars, death, society, and everything else we can think of.) and then trying to construct gods personality from it.
Here are some rules
1. No using already established religions, I'm trying to use some scientific observable principles but as this isn't an official experiment, I'm just curious what people will come up with.
2. If your going to examine one aspect of the universe (aka death) be sure to examine the oposing aspect of it as well (aka life) to make a reasonable judgment. Example, if you were to focus on just the aspect of death god created, you could say that he is an evil deity, that only cares about seeing us perish. That would be illogical however, because he also created life. View both sides.
3. Be free to add in some human touches if you see evidence for it, just don't add in random irrational stuff like "I think god is kind and merciful because that's how I would be if I were a god."
4. More rules may be added in later at my discretion, or at others suggestions.
5. Do not be offensive, or abusive to other peoples beliefs.
I'm a theist, however I have many different ideas about god, and what it/he/she may be like. I also understand that if their is a god, probably we will never come close to imagining him because all we have to go off its consciousness and personality is the universe it created. Here are a few examples I have created
Chances are "God" is a amoral being. I have taken this evidence from the fact that it gave most of its conscious creations (that are advanced enough in the brain) free will (or at least a very strong illusion of free will). As far as we are aware, this divine being doesn't seem to step in when we do wrong or evil things. Society is what punishes and stops us of committing evil. We can therefore conclude that God either doesn't care about morality, what we do, or we can conclude that god has a stronger belief in free will, the power to choose your morality, over forcing its/his/her creations to act a certain way. We also could conclude instead that god prefers for us to solve our own problems, and is testing us.
Interesting, I examined just one focus on the universe, morality. When you examine just one focus, you get multiple possible reasons god created it the way it is, therefore I believe that in order to fully understand god, we must try and understand all aspects of creation and the universe simultaneously. That I believe is impossible for the human consciousness, but we can at least try.
Thanks for any feed back, commenting, or just stopping by to read this. I'll be posting more idea's and contributing to this thread as it grows