Maybe someone else can chime in.....?

#362 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

Yes I do.

I basically use the Olive Oil bottles.

Don't know if it's good or bad.

Maybe someone else can chime in.....?

i guess the only trouble from a normal bottle could be that the neck is so small to make it difficult to pour the c60 dust attached to the pestle by using olive oil

what about grinding c60 in little olive oil inside the pestle to avoid c60 to attach to pestle surfaces and avoid wasting some olive oil? 

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#363 Huckfinn

• 103 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

That is, in fact, the procedure I follow...

:-)

#364 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:42 PM

That is, in fact, the procedure I follow...

:-)

i meant waste c60, olive oil can be wasted....

ok thank you very much, i ll try to follow as you do

#365 scooterboy

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

Got a question guys . If I use the olive oil bottle for magnetic stirring what size stir bar should I get ?

#366 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone know if you can use Mason jars on the Hanna 190 magnetic stirrer?   They make special vacuum lids with a pump to remove the air for mason jars. You wouldn't have to worry about oxygen degrading your product while it's on the stirrer.

https://www.amazon.c...=A2CVBUWE5YYM78

Edited by jeanlzt, 30 October 2016 - 12:17 AM.

• like x 3
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#367 SlingShot

• 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:27 AM

I'm having a hard time getting C60 into solution in MCT oil.

I try to get it to 0.6mg/ml but find some of the C60 falls out of solution after I let it set for a day.

Has anyone had problems like this with MCT oil as a base?

The oil is super thin compared with EVO.

#368 jeanlzt11

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:34 AM

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced filter kit or setup to use?  I can see the filters costing more money but I don't know why the other components are so expensive, it seems pretty simple.  

#369 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:46 PM

Got a question guys . If I use the olive oil bottle for magnetic stirring what size stir bar should I get ?

Depends on how much oil you mix at once. For around 100 ml, almost any size and shape will do. For 500 ml or 1 liter, you need a big one. I use the Bel-Art F37130-0112 Egg-Shaped 38.1 x 15.9mm one but I don't get a funnel forming in the oil above around 800 ml.  But it does work fine.  I have couple big oblong octagon ones too but they seem to go askew more easily and start bouncing all around instead of spinning with big loads. Have not tried a star-shaped ones but that's another alternative.

Howard

#370 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:53 PM

Does anyone know if you can use Mason jars on the Hanna 190 magnetic stirrer?

Will only work if the bottom of the jar is flat. A lab beaker is what I use and its perfect but I don't worry about an airtight top seal. I just enclose the entire beaker in a zip-lock bag to keep out dust and insects.

Howard

#371 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:09 PM

I'm having a hard time getting C60 into solution in MCT oil.

I try to get it to 0.6mg/ml but find some of the C60 falls out of solution after I let it set for a day.

Has anyone had problems like this with MCT oil as a base?

The oil is super thin compared with EVO.

I would expect different results compared to Olive Oil because the compositions are so different. Olive Oil is predominantly Oleic Acid which is a mono-saturated fatty acid and is relatively large-sized compared to MCT which is much smaller and mostly fully saturated fatty acids. I think the fact that MCT has saturated fats means less c60 is likely to bond with it.  Also, MCT uptake is totally different, being more absorbed like alcohols and sugars via the portal pathway to the liver rather than via the lymphatic system like Olive Oil and other longer chain fatty acids.

Howard

#372 hav

• 1,089 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced filter kit or setup to use?  I can see the filters costing more money but I don't know why the other components are so expensive, it seems pretty simple.  

I tried a Buchner flask kit with filter paper for a while but worried it wasn't catching enough. Eventually upgraded to to an Autofil .22 micron bottle top filter using a vacuum pump. The bottle top filters are disposable but come in a case of 24 for about $100. It's a bit of an investment including a pump and 45 mm glass bottles but its to only way to be sure your removing any bacteria. Had cracking problems with the 1 liter filter/bottle combo but good success with 500 ml and 250 ml bottle top-only filters paired with Kimble Kimax GL-45 glass bottles. Chemglass makes some nice amber ones that might be a better choice.

Howard

Edited by hav, 06 May 2017 - 07:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mixer, centrifuge, filter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users