Cumulative/Neurogenesis Stack

neurogenesis cumulative nootropics

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 callum828

• 4 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:51 PM

Hey guys

So I only recently got into nootropics. I've been using modafinil for a few months now and think it's awesome, but modafinil is basically just a stimulant, and I like the idea of actually improving the way my brain functions permanently/semi-permanently.

The stack, which is only conceptual at the moment, is based around noots that:
1 - Have a cumulative effect, like the racetams
2 - Are impossible/difficult to build a tolerance to
3 - Don't have to be cycled

I basically want to create something that I can take every day, for the rest of my life (theoretically) that will cause gradual improvement. I've deliberately tried to avoid ingredients like Sulbutiamine, which can give you a huge kick but you quickly build a tolerance to. I've also avoided ingredients with any obvious health risks, I would like the stack to be at least neutral towards my general health.

I've tried to keep low doses on everything, because it's cheaper, but also because, if the stack works, I won't need big doses, since the benefits should accumulate over time.

I intend to buy bulk powders and make my own capsules, which I'll take twice per day. I'll increase the ingredients one at a time, over a series of weeks, to see if any have negative effects, before making a full batch of capsules.

These are the noots, and the amounts, that I would like to take each day, so split between two pills:

20mg Noopept - Because it's the strongest, and cheapest racetam
800mg Oxiracetam/400mg Aniracetam/200mg Pramiracetam - Not sure which one to choose here. I'm leaning towards Aniracetam at the moment
400mg Alpha GPC - The most recommended choline source, and not too expensive
400mg Lion's Mane - For neurogenesis
1500mg Creatine - Mainly because it's dirt cheap and very safe, but also for general nootropic benefits
160mg Theanine - For neurogenesis
50mg - Caffeine - Apparently this works very well with theanine, and again it's cheap
75mg Uridine - For neurogenesis

On top of this I'll be taking occasional modafinil, maybe once or twice per week, as well as cod liver oil daily. I did take a multivitamin, but having read up on them, it appears they tend to do sweet-FA, and sometimes damage your health.

I'm also going to start experimenting with intermittent fasting, for weight loss.

So what does everyone think? Any suggestions or thoughts?

#2 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Seems dicey to build a long-term stack around a drug with as little research behind it as noopept. Seems like piracetam is the natural choice here for both safety and proven long-term benefit.

Also, doesn't alpha-GPC produce tolerance? CDP choline may be a better choice for its long-term upregulation of dopamine.

Don't forget the DHA/DPA!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 callum828

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:30 PM

Seems dicey to build a long-term stack around a drug with as little research behind it as noopept. Seems like piracetam is the natural choice here for both safety and proven long-term benefit.

Also, doesn't alpha-GPC produce tolerance? CDP choline may be a better choice for its long-term upregulation of dopamine.

Don't forget the DHA/DPA!

I've actually updated my wish-list and decided on piracetam, though I was still planning to include noopept. I was under the impression that it was as safe as the other racetams, and I read about one study which showed it as being less likely to produce side effects than piracetam, though obviously there are no long term studies. I figure I'll include it and take it out of my stack if any negative side effects develop.

I wasn't aware about Alpha GPC producing tolerance though, though if CDP choline does upregulate dopamine, what effects could I expect from this? I understand that dopamine has a lot to do with motivation and concentration, so I assume this would be beneficial from a nootropic standpoint?

I'm currently taking cod liver oil, though I understand that this doesn't contain lots of DPA. What sources would you suggest for DPA? All I can find is seal oil, which is illegal to import to Europe.

Edited by callum828, 22 August 2012 - 11:48 PM.

#4 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

Sorry, DPA was a typo, should've been EPA

#5 callum828

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

Sorry, DPA was a typo, should've been EPA

Can you link me anything about Alpha GPC producing a tolerance? I can't find anything myself.

#6 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

You know, I feel like I read about something like that around here but I can't find anything either. In that case alpha GPC is probably a fine choice.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#7 polymathic

• 45 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:10 AM

Not to be overly critical, but noopept can be hit and miss for a lot of people, might not be the wisest for a lifetime stack.

EPA / DHA is vitally important, supplementing fishoil alone can have moderate benefits for someone deficient.

I'm also interested in the differences between GPC and CDP choline, I've always taken GPC but it might be time for me to look at choline metabolism and see what the differences are.

OP I'd take 3g creatine a day, Monohydrate is cheap as chips anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neurogenesis, cumulative, nootropics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users