- - - - -

Anti-fungal supplements

valley fever antifungal

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 smithx

• 1,433 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:09 AM

A good friend of mine was recently diagnosed with Valley Fever, which is usually not life-threatening.

The thing is, he just got through with chemo and radiation treatments for cancer, so his immune system is not likely to be as strong as it should be.

So: what are good supplements to help him fight this thing off, before it kills him?

#2 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

Possibly Coconut Oil
http://www.nutrition...07/coconut-oil/
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Godot

• 198 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

Or the more concentrated coconut oil derivatives, monolaurin and capryllic acid.

Niacinamide has also been purported to be a good antifungal.

#4 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:56 PM

Niacinamide has also been purported to be a good antifungal.

Really!?
See this
http://www.longecity...candida-and-b3/

When you consider that both B3 and Coconut oil have helped with Alzheimer's...!?
  • WellResearched x 1

#5 Vyse

• 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

grapefruit seed extract
  • Agree x 1

#6 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

Any others?

#7 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

Fungus & fungal infections thrive on sugar (think yeast + sugar = fermentation), so starving a fungal infection with sugar restriction is the primary way of controlling it.  

Some foods, like cinnamon lower blood sugar.  I'm sure there are others.  Fail to control sugar, & you'll never get fungal infections under control.  

Sugar aside, fungus also needs free iron to reproduce, so iron chelators like curcumin, quercetin, & IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate) may be helpful.  These chelators also inhibit cancer as cancer cells also need free iron to grow and reproduce.  

Drinking tea or coffee with meals will help reduce absorption of dietary iron, which may help lower free/labile iron too.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 20 October 2017 - 03:32 AM.

• like x 2

#8 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

Fungus & fungal infections thrive on sugar (think yeast + sugar = fermentation), so starving a fungal infection with sugar restriction is the primary way of controlling it.  

Some foods, like cinnamon lower blood sugar.  I'm sure there are others.  Fail to control sugar, & you'll never get fungal infections under control.  

Sugar aside, fungus also needs free iron to reproduce, so iron chelators like curcumin, quercetin, & IP6 (inositol hexaphosphate) may be helpful.  These chelators also inhibit cancer as cancer cells also need free iron to grow and reproduce.  

Drinking tea or coffee with meals will help reduce absorption of dietary iron, which may help lower free/labile iron too.  

This is very insightful and might explain some of the benefits I have had at times w Tumeric and Quercitin. The inositol I don't know if I have that type but I'll see. 

My brain fog is horrendous. Sometimes it clears up to a degree hours after Quercitin but I don't like the weak feeling Quercitin gives me. 

#9 BioHacker=Life

• 249 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 03:50 AM

High doses of lactoferrin like 1-5 grams daily.

#10 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2017 - 02:59 PM

Coconut oil is good, but not potent enough. You need essential oils, especially clove, cinnamon, and thyme/oregano.

Usage, internal, topical, and inhaling.

• like x 1

#11 zen

• 138 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:44 PM

Maybe you can get some additional ideas from the list of ingredients of Mycozil supplement:
https://www.globalhe...tml#ingredients

#12 Believer

• 437 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

The supposedly anti-fungal chemicals in coconut oil did absolutely nothing for me. Waste of money. Instead fasting seems to do something positive in some cases.

#13 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

The supposedly anti-fungal chemicals in coconut oil did absolutely nothing for me. Waste of money. Instead fasting seems to do something positive in some cases.

Its not potent enough, EO's are the way to go. along with high dose retinol, zinc, and vitamin C.

#14 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:23 AM

Coconut oil is good, but not potent enough. You need essential oils, especially clove, cinnamon, and thyme/oregano.

I have a diffuser arriving. Got it for $11 from Amazon black friday weekend sale.   I have cinnamon EO, and wild oregano.   I took oregano before and it made me feel aggressive and negative. Likely the die off reaction?

#15 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

I have a diffuser arriving. Got it for $11 from Amazon black friday weekend sale.   I have cinnamon EO, and wild oregano.   I took oregano before and it made me feel aggressive and negative. Likely the die off reaction?

Тhere is no such thing as die off. EO's are extremely concentrated and powerful, you need to know what you are doing. use 1 drop of each, in 1 teaspoon of oil, 3x per day for 2 -3 weeks (max) then rest for 1 month!

You need to add clove, and make sure that the cinnamon is ceylon.

Edited by dazed1, 28 November 2017 - 12:49 AM.

#16 Darryl

• 650 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:50 AM

Why faff about with dubious supplements? If this progresses to meningitis he'll regret not just nuking it from orbit with prescription antifungals. Ketoconazole, itraconazole, or fluconazole are not without their side effects, but I can't see the upside to allowing coccidioidomycosis to progress to lifelong treatment.

Just noticed this is necromancy of a 5 year old thread, but everything else herein is at best adjunctive therapy.

Edited by Darryl, 28 November 2017 - 04:52 AM.

• Agree x 1

#17 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

I worked with an orthopedic surgeon who decided to treat his toenail fungus he had been living with for many years with oral antifungals.  He was known to drink a bit, & promptly went into liver failure shortly after starting on his med (don't remember exactly which one).  He got transplanted, but the new liver also failed and he died without ever leaving the hospital.  Everyone was shocked he could have blinked out so suddenly, just from taking a prescription med to fix a discolored toenail.  

This left a lasting impression on me, & I don't take any prescription meds now without researching the risk/reward and possible alternatives.  Prescription meds actually have put a lot of folks into the ground over the years.  Do your homework and don't simply fill your scrips and start on them without considering worst case scenarios as a very real possibility.  They happen every day.  

Edited by Dorian Grey, 28 November 2017 - 08:24 AM.

• Good Point x 2
  • Informative x 2
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#18 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:15 AM

Why faff about with dubious supplements? If this progresses to meningitis he'll regret not just nuking it from orbit with prescription antifungals. Ketoconazole, itraconazole, or fluconazole are not without their side effects, but I can't see the upside to allowing coccidioidomycosis to progress to lifelong treatment.

Just noticed this is necromancy of a 5 year old thread, but everything else herein is at best adjunctive therapy.

What are dubious supplements? who are you talking about?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#19 JamesPaul

• 85 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

Have you tried the olive leaf extract from Barlean's?  Supposed to have antifungal activity.  Comes in an opaque black plastic bottle.  Flavored with stevia and mint, and it tastes decent.

An antifungal product that was recommended to me is Salvestrol, derived from fruits and vegetables.  The name is a supplement name and also a name of class of substances.  There's a wikipedia article with that name.

Edited by JamesPaul, 06 December 2017 - 03:08 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: valley fever, antifungal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users