NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#3091 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:32 PM

That dies not seem like a side effect... I have never taken nsi-189 and I get that.... And as it stated on the wiki page it is quite common.

Yes but I only get it when I'm taking NSI-189. I said the visual symptoms are "similar" it isn't actually blue field phenomenon though, it's slightly different in which it's more vivid and less of them. Only lasts for a few seconds and then goes away, comes back randomly. 

#3092 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:45 PM

I get occasional weird visual sensations as well, but i got that from st johns wort too. I don't think it's a big deal. The only side effects I ever get is itching and visual oddities, usually in peripheral vision. Quite rare to happen though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3093 swashbucklinpirates

• 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:08 AM

I am just noting here the start of my trial with NSI-189. I acquired some from an easy-to-find source selling liquid in 40mg/mL form. The stuff I got was a viscous semi-opaque liquid, and a drop or three produced a sense of warmth on the tongue. So yeah, it's labeled not for human consumption but at least there are human clinical trials so far, right? (being a little sarcastic, because I *am* willingly taking a risk becoming the next guinea pig).

I'm an addict by nature and I've done well to avoid euphoric substances and recreational drugs for years. Considering my commitment and investment in not getting high, it's always a little uncomfortable and provocative to ingest some compound I received in the mail, considering how similar it is to my old patterns of getting high. Also I'm not depressed - if anything, mildly anhedonic and stuck in a rut and routine which conveys a highly functioning individual, but to me I suspect I haven't truly gotten back to the mystery, excitement, and joy of life since overusing ketamine and methoxetamine to excess.

Additionally I have no anxiety issues anymore - I'm sure I burnt out my general anxiety disorder in my late 20s - and I handle life's responsibilities very well, and those have been many since stopping with the substance abuse. This all was the long way of saying, I'm taking NSI-189 strictly for the cognitive boost, and if it doesn't work out, nothing will be lost and life will go on.

There was a little discomfort to start which couldn't be attributed to the substance. Following that small dose, I grew extra sleepy, probably because I'm a coffee addict and hadn't had a third cup yet. I took a nap. On awakening I felt the slightest dull headache, so barely noticeable. I actually despise headaches and my lifestyle usually demans an absence of headaches, which in the past led me to give up on certain nootropics (huperzine A).

Despite this I went and got a 1mL liquid measuring syringe from a chain pharmacy and subsequently began with .5mL (20mg) making a possible 25 to 30mg total including the drop or three after opening the bottle. As an aside I won't use the included dropper forward since it's all guesswork.

I'm a big skeptic of claims and believer in the placebo effect, so I say this with caution: so far, I *might* have noticed a little more awareness of music. Other than that, I "studied" differential equations like I do, because there's a test Thursday. I was mostly not interested in studying, but still found the ability to sit and examine a practice test and program my graphing calculator to permit me as much laziness as possible. *this is something I could find the inclination to do normally, eventually, so NSI's influence is inconclusive.

So anyway, here it is. I'm not expecting much, but I'm pretty sure I'm hearing a little more in some music I've listened to a billion times.

Oh, and all of this report is pretty much invalid for NSI-189 because I started taking noopept today as well (for the first time ever). Lol.  :dry:

• Enjoying the show x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#3094 UKLAD

• 78 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:40 AM

swashbucklinpirates - nice post, I could have written the same for my situation!

#3095 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:19 PM

I started a new thread for "best NSI-189 combos?", I have tried many combinations with NSI-189 and so far I like it best with noopept.

There are many other substances you can try to lessen a possible NSI-189 induced anxiety like l-theanine, tianeptine, uridine and others...

My experience is in this thread, please post any helpful combinations you have tried.

http://www.longecity...nsi-189-combos/

Swashbucklinpirates, you probably felt sleepy from the noopept that otherwise seems to me a great combo with NSI-189

Its "weird" that you did not feel anything, from what I understand everyone seems to have some kind of response from the first time, no? I could not think that I can take a NSI-189 dose and not feel it.

#3096 swashbucklinpirates

• 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:27 PM

Like I said, I try not to place too much expectations or potentially read into an experience.

I'm usually in my best mood at night, so it's hard to tell how NSI-189 influenced this (if at all). The morning is usually when any discontent shows up (but is hit or miss). I wrote up a bunch more but deleted it for being off-topic. I awoke this morning with the impression that it's still too soon to say whether NSI-189 did anything for mood.

#3097 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

I started a new thread for "best NSI-189 combos?", I have tried many combinations with NSI-189 and so far I like it best with noopept.

There are many other substances you can try to lessen a possible NSI-189 induced anxiety like l-theanine, tianeptine, uridine and others...

My experience is in this thread, please post any helpful combinations you have tried.

http://www.longecity...nsi-189-combos/

Swashbucklinpirates, you probably felt sleepy from the noopept that otherwise seems to me a great combo with NSI-189

Its "weird" that you did not feel anything, from what I understand everyone seems to have some kind of response from the first time, no? I could not think that I can take a NSI-189 dose and not feel it.

Don't know SBPirate's weight, et al, but sounds like a low dose for a man. I take around 20ml but I am very sensitive to substances and usually require very little. I am also experiementing with different times of day to take it. Some people have reported that taking NSI right before bed makes them lathargic and tired the next day. I am going over to the combo page shortly, but NSI-189 + 1/4 of a tab of Modafinal works very well to offset the sleepy, over-relaxed feeling. Excercise offsets any anxiety. NSI goes GREAT with yoga. It's a yoga med for sure. Facilitates relaxed focus & helps with balance. Got through a hard class with almost no strain.

• like x 1

#3098 swashbucklinpirates

• 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:24 PM

Don't know SBPirate's weight, et al, but sounds like a low dose for a man. I take around 20ml but I am very sensitive to substances and usually require very little.

I have liquid 40mg/mL, there is 30mL total in a ~$50 bottle. Maybe you're thinking 20mg?

#3099 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

Don't know SBPirate's weight, et al, but sounds like a low dose for a man. I take around 20ml but I am very sensitive to substances and usually require very little.

I have liquid 40mg/mL, there is 30mL total in a ~$50 bottle. Maybe you're thinking 20mg?

Oooops. Yeah, mis-write. LOL. (New rule to self, never write posts or replies in haste)

#3100 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:06 AM

I wish I'd never gone on this site to discuss NSI-189. The company I bought if from is npt going to carry it anymore. Probably my fault for mentioning it. Sucks.

• Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#3101 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

I could sale NSI-189 freebase for RESEARCH PURPOSES much cheaper from all the vendors mentioned.

Also, everyone should start using sublingual! Its very cost effective! I got why the members that tried it sublingual had anxiety, they were taking around 4/5 larger dose...

I got the clue from another member and I was putting (what I thought 10mg) under my tongue with good results, I tried to weight it and seems is even less than 10mg.

One gram should last more than a month sublingually!

Also, as this is helpful for many people try to keep the discussion "low key" and inform other people about sourcing (for research only...) through PMs.

We have said it many times, we are risking an immediate ban, just because we are not a little more careful...!

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#3102 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:08 PM

I could sale NSI-189 freebase for RESEARCH PURPOSES much cheaper from all the vendors mentioned.

Also, everyone should start using sublingual! Its very cost effective! I got why the members that tried it sublingual had anxiety, they were taking around 4/5 larger dose...

I got the clue from another member and I was putting (what I thought 10mg) under my tongue with good results, I tried to weight it and seems is even less than 10mg.

One gram should last more than a month sublingually!

Also, as this is helpful for many people try to keep the discussion "low key" and inform other people about sourcing (for research only...) through PMs.

We have said it many times, we are risking an immediate ban, just because we are not a little more careful...!

Just dropped you a PM.

How hard is it to synthesize this stuff anyways? Isn't the problem more the synthesis method rather than where you can get it from? I mean thats how Sun Pharmceuticals got so big. You just have to be in a country where they can't really regulate patents. China is getting more and more regulated so we will probably start seeing significant sourcing challenges.

When NSI-189 becomes commercially available years from now, if it gets approved it will probably cost an unaffordable bomb anyways.

Edited by Major Legend, 01 July 2015 - 07:14 PM.

• like x 1

#3103 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

Maybe soon enough we will be able to just walk into our local pharmacy and buy it. Don’t forget that magic things happen when the Defense Department starts flashing fat stacks of Benjies. R&D timelines suddenly become months instead of years. For the sake of our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, Neuralstem and the DOD had better be pulling round-the-clock shifts to make this happen. Our troops deserve nothing less. And beside, [Sarcasm Mode] the faster we can cure a soldier with PTSD, the faster we can get him back out on the line to kill more civilian women and children pesky insurgents.[/Sarcasm Mode]

• Cheerful x 3
  • like x 2
  • Good Point x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#3104 Skypp

• 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:36 PM

I wish I'd never gone on this site to discuss NSI-189. The company I bought if from is npt going to carry it anymore. Probably my fault for mentioning it. Sucks.

Sorry to be "unfriendly", but I mentioned the name of the company I got NSI from, and now they have to stop selling it. This is not anyone's fault but mine. I did not realize this site was being "monitored". It is necessary for those trying out something new to communicate with one another so we all can derive the best from a product.  I was simply sorry that I named names. Won't do it again.

• Well Written x 1
  • like x 1

#3105 swashbucklinpirates

• 10 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

Update: I have decided I'm not really doing much good in assessing this with the mix of new supplements.

My daily "stack" up till 6/29 was: Calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement, ginkgo biloba, fish oil, vitamin E and vitamin C which I've been taking for awhile with no problems. I also took phenylpiracetam up until 2 weeks ago.

On Monday I added a "B complex" multivitamin and L-Phenylalanine, along with noopept and NSI-189. Yesterday and today I continued this and had minor dull "headache" which surprisingly wasn't bothersome. Considering that there's too much going on to tell what's happening, I'm deciding to drop back to that former daily stack plus NSI-189. Note, I take no medication otherwise, aside from an occasional ibuprofen.

The more I read about it the more a skeptic I become - is this the new fad we so desperately want to believe is a miracle, something that makes everything else underwhelming?

I also wanted to say, those taking NSI-189 with MAOIs (selegiline) and RIMAs (moclobemide) are asking for trouble, beyond the risk anyone is already taking by ingesting a relatively unknown pharmaceutical. No one really knows what's going on, what receptors are being hit, etc.

#3106 thedarkbobo

• 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

Yea well I had a headache when I started using it and after few days. I don't think it's from mixing with other substances that you've mentioned, rather from changes made by NSI/maybe overdose.

Just an opinion.

#3107 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:52 PM

NSI combined with weekly trips of Psilocybin has changed my life, crushing my anxiety and depression nearly 100%.

I can't help but find optimism in life. I highly recommend anyone interested in enhancing their lives, overcoming mental illness, or broadening their intellectual scope, do some research into psychedelics. Phenomenal compounds. NSI supported the growth
  • Enjoying the show x 2
  • Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#3108 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:53 PM

Psilocybin has an amazing afterglow. I haven't tried it with NSI, only acid. Might give it a go

#3109 jefferson

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:27 AM

I read on smarteranalyst back in March that phase II data in using NSI to treat cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenia is due in Q1 2016, but the phase II depression study won't be complete until 2017 sometime. A search of clinical trials reveals the study isn't recruiting and doesn't even exist yet... I can only take this to mean Neuralstem believes the compound is a safer bet at showing a significant effect in treating cognitive dysfunction than major depression. Cognitive dysfunction often accompanies depression, but it's a core feature of schizophrenia. They sure seem to be taking their time otherwise.

Longecity won't let me post links, otherwise I would.

Edited by jefferson, 02 July 2015 - 12:29 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#3110 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

My nsi phosphate suddenly stopped working. I have had it exposed to air for a couple weeks. Would this have killed it?

#3111 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

I would like to participate in a group buy if anyone knows of or is arranging one in the near future... 

• Agree x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#3112 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:59 AM

I would like to participate in a group buy if anyone knows of or is arranging one in the near future... 

Given the tarnished reputation of group buys, and given the fact that NSI-189 is available at a dirt-cheap price from a reputable and verified Chinese source who has already been the subject of extensive discussion here, a more prudent course of action would be to just purchase 100 grams and do a two to four-way split. Even after factoring in shipping costs from China and subsequent postage costs for each participating individual, a four-way split is going to give everybody in the buying pool close to a year’s supply of the stuff in the $165 range. I’m sitting on enough to last me for the next three or four months, but when that’s exhausted I’ll definitely be willing to help arrange such a transaction.

• like x 1

#3113 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:17 AM

Given the tarnished reputation of group buys, and given the fact that NSI-189 is available at a dirt-cheap price from a reputable and verified Chinese source who has already been the subject of extensive discussion here, a more prudent course of action would be to just purchase 100 grams and do a two to four-way split. Even after factoring in shipping costs from China and subsequent postage costs for each participating individual, a four-way split is going to give everybody in the buying pool close to a year’s supply of the stuff in the $165 range. I’m sitting on enough to last me for the next three or four months, but when that’s exhausted I’ll definitely be willing to help arrange such a transaction.

Hey Heisenburger, 

Thanks! Maybe I'll just purchase from that source myself. If I don't get around to it in a few months time, I'll be sure to PM you to arrange it.

Now about the compound, have you personally noticed a difference with this? 

#3114 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

I m intrested in buying 10g ... if anyone is starting a groupbuy, plz count me in.

• like x 1

#3115 UKLAD

• 78 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

im interested in group buy

#3116 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:43 AM

Im interested in a group buy too
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#3117 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

In also!
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#3118 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:01 PM

Now about the compound, have you personally noticed a difference with this? 

I haven’t noticed any difference. The taste, texture, physical appearance, and density of the powder is the same as the stuff I was getting from THT and TLR. And it’s already been subjected to some sort of spectral analysis by at least one member here (I’ll have to dig for the relevant thread/posts), and it tested out legit. The only screw-up they’ve made that I’ve ever heard of was on a shipment to a member here. He ordered 100 grams of the phosphate and got the freebase instead. But they didn’t go all TLR on him and send him some froofy e-mail saying that “we are sorry for the integrity of the lack of within this and will reship some purple mushroom extract to you in three months as within permitting the Sun to pass the House of the Dragon,“ or some such bullshit. They just took it back and reshipped him the right product and everything was fine.

There’s a remote possibility that by the end of the summer I will be in a position financially to secure half a kilogram. Not making any promises right now, but if I can pull this off I’ll just keep one-fifth of it for myself and sell the rest at the break-even point, plus shipping. Although I’ll have to clear it first with another LongeCity member. He’s been reselling it at extremely reasonable prices for several months now, and he lives in a country heavily impacted by the European debt crisis. I’ll need to be assured that I am not jeopardizing his financial stability by doing this.

• like x 5

#3119 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:57 AM

I don't think you'd have any problems selling it. I get messages all the time from people looking for it, and on this thread. I was thinking of selling some too, and providing to family friends who also suffer depression

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3120 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:34 AM

I’m basically thinking the same thing. If I can get 500 grams and sell 400 grams at the break-even point, then that will give me 100 free grams, which will be enough to last me a long time and also enable me to give it to people who really need it. I sometimes wonder if Robin Williams would still be with us if somebody had given him some NSI-189 and tianeptine. But at the same time, I don’t want to step on anybody’s toes. The economy where I live is really good right now, but the economy where he lives isn’t. I also don’t need anybody stomping my ass into the ground screaming “NOBODY moves NSI-189 in the South Valley but ME, bitch!”

Edited by Heisenburger, 08 July 2015 - 02:42 AM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

27 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users