NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#3511 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:19 PM

There's a reason behind that, Major Legend.

Ceretropic has a great reputation for engaging with customers, selling high quality product, and serving the community when it doesn't have to.

I never knew of them until about a year ago when i discovered nootropics / NSI, and while you do pay a higher price, i pay it for the convenience of the solutions they provide, and the amount of knowledge the owner has and shares with the subreddit.

I would be happy for Ceretropic to test things for us if they were up for it

• Agree x 1

#3512 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 06:38 PM

There's a reason behind that, Major Legend.

Ceretropic has a great reputation for engaging with customers, selling high quality product, and serving the community when it doesn't have to.

I never knew of them until about a year ago when i discovered nootropics / NSI, and while you do pay a higher price, i pay it for the convenience of the solutions they provide, and the amount of knowledge the owner has and shares with the subreddit.

I would be happy for Ceretropic to test things for us if they were up for it

Oh yeah I have no issue with them testing :) , it just sounded like a monetary proposition before with them having all our personal information and that doesn't sound great to me.

Each to their own, nootropics depot and new star nootropics also sell high quality product and help people out actively on the Reddit forum, but they are not as far as I am aware the moderators of the same forum, 

I'm just saying that because a lot of people may not think about the points I mentioned because Ceretropic has such a fanatical following and a charismatic leader.

But I will stop arguing here. People can make their own minds up, and I will just follow whatever the general consensus is. Again as far as I am aware Ceretropic is a good company bar my earlier concerns.

• unsure x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3513 MoreNowAgain

• 20 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:47 AM

Does ceretropic sell NSI-189, even though they don't have it listed on their site? I was able to get magnesium l-threonate from them but it was not up on the site, so i'm wondering if it's something you have to exclusively email them about?

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 4
  • Cheerful x 1

#3514 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:31 AM

Does ceretropic sell NSI-189, even though they don't have it listed on their site? I was able to get magnesium l-threonate from them but it was not up on the site, so i'm wondering if it's something you have to exclusively email them about?

They used to sell it but then they were forced to remove it from their catalog.

• Agree x 1

#3515 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:07 PM

I have been using Strangelove's NSI-189 for 12 days now. I started with 10 mg two times a day, sublingually the first two days, then took 20 mg once a day. The last two days now I've been taking 30 mg once a day. I can definately say that it works. I can feel that it is antidepressive. I am less ruminative about things, less down in a depressive mood. That, while I still feel as level headed as usual, it's not like it is clouding my judgement or making me feel weird. I haven't noticed any side effects so far. And no discernible HD-vision. It seems to have no bad interactions with 2 mg of Memantine and 8 mg of Galantamine. That's my experience so far. To put it shortly, my experience of NSI is that it is emotionally stabilizing and antidepressive.

• like x 2

#3516 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2015 - 12:42 PM

We should really install a crowdfunding system to get our buys third party tested. Whether it's as a group or a trusted member selling to others.

This is a good idea, especially if we can convince a lab to give a discount to longecity members.

How about Paul at Ceretropic? I remember reading somewhere that he has a good working relationship with Colmaric Analyticals, and also now has a respectable in-house set-up of his own. He gets a lot of money from us. Of the 16 compounds in my current stack, I purchase 6 of them strictly from Ceretropic and/or Noots Depot. I have nothing but the utmost respect for his operation, and if I lived in the Tempe area I would gladly leap at the opportunity to intern for him a couple of days a month—more if I could afford it. I would also be more than willing to administer the fund and to act as the go-between us and the testing facility. I would also donate the time needed to administer the operation, and pay the account’s monthly service fee out of my own pocket. Any funds collected would go entirely to lab fees and shipping charges. There would be complete transparency; anybody who wishes to see the books would be given free access to them. This is something we really need, and I’m willing to do whatever it would take to make it happen.

I prefer new star nootropic by far (or nootropic depot even they are related I think). Ceretropic feels creepy to me since the guy moderates the entire Reddit nootropic subreddit (he isn't the only moderator but presumably he knows all of them closely), and can delete post of anyone who says bad things about his products.

I don't doubt his products and his passion, but he always has these righteous grandiose speeches on Reddit about how Ceretropic is better than everything else and he always plays the high horse card. 

The whole thing feels very planned and calculated to me and makes me very uncomfortable. In fact if you start with how he started posting in 2012, started in 2014 and slowly worked his way in before he was a seller by suggesting the idea and then became a seller - the whole feels really irky to me. Also Ceretropic is definitely swimming in cash because of the subreddit ownership, so I think we should give other sellers a chance. I just don't like the idea of a market monopoly - thats when bad stuff starts to happen, but each to their own. 

Ceretropic is definitely the place to go if nootropic depot or new star nootropics don't have it I think. In terms of pharms I just prefer made tablets or capsules.

FYI, a few months ago Ceretropic bought Nootropic Depot.

#3517 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

I have been using Strangelove's NSI-189 for 12 days now. I started with 10 mg two times a day, sublingually the first two days, then took 20 mg once a day. The last two days now I've been taking 30 mg once a day. I can definately say that it works. I can feel that it is antidepressive. I am less ruminative about things, less down in a depressive mood.

I’m really liking Strangelove’s new stuff. Got ten grams yesterday and could feel its effects from the first 40-mg. dose. I had been ruminating all morning about not having been nicer to my parents before they died, and listening to old Todd Rundgren songs, which only compounded the problem. The day started out well; I had the day off and was getting a lot of productive work done around the house when the melancholy suddenly gripped me. The NSI-189 lifted me right out of it and a couple of hours later I was back to my old self and returned to mopping the floors and rearranging my storage space. I don’t think it was a placebo effect. I have a pet theory that once the NSI-189 does its magic, which takes a few weeks or months to initially kick in, the brain somehow becomes “primed” in some way such that subsequent single doses have an immediate effect.

• like x 3

#3518 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2015 - 06:58 PM

Is this the same stuff he write above he'd take back?
I'll run out in some days.

#3519 VastEmptiness

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:36 PM

I'm on too many supplements right now to try it, but I have received the NSI from strangelove very quick without any import problems whatsoever (german customs are a pain in the ass). Will keep it for further self-experimentation in the future. Glad to hear you guys' positive results.

Edited by VastEmptiness, 22 November 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#3520 zompy

• 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

Hello zompy. I wouldn't recommend NSI-189 for you.
Users without psychiatrical diseases generally don't seem to get nootropic effects. Even for the depressed it's more an antidepressant than a nootropic.

Besides, if you have ADD, there's a lot of proven to work medication on the market. So the first step would be to get it properly diagnosed. After that you can get a prescription.
Why try a largely untested compound of likely untested purity, if you can better alternatives?

Sorry to go a bit offtopic but what alternatives do you have in mind?

#3521 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:46 PM

I’m really liking Strangelove’s new stuff. Got ten grams yesterday and could feel its effects from the first 40-mg. dose. I had been ruminating all morning about not having been nicer to my parents before they died, and listening to old Todd Rundgren songs, which only compounded the problem. The day started out well; I had the day off and was getting a lot of productive work done around the house when the melancholy suddenly gripped me. The NSI-189 lifted me right out of it and a couple of hours later I was back to my old self and returned to mopping the floors and rearranging my storage space. I don’t think it was a placebo effect. I have a pet theory that once the NSI-189 does its magic, which takes a few weeks or months to initially kick in, the brain somehow becomes “primed” in some way such that subsequent single doses have an immediate effect.

Yeah NSI just gets better and better. I can see my results from starting with raised traffic and revenue from my online business since starting a couple of months ago, my memory is better and I feel more sharp, but like I said earlier the effect are more akin to being like freshly awake after good sleep.

I'm surprised people get an antidepressant effect from it, because I still have to rely on DL phenylalanine for my downs (which is my goto for low moods e.g. Monday).

Due to fear of tolerance I restrict my nootropic stack to 3-4 days a week, so far it's worked well but I am worried because I keep forgetting to take my Memantine.

Of course NSI isn't the only thing I take, I take a partial mix of your stack (so thanks for that), but as I mentioned before I did try Noopept without NSI and the results were not the same,.

The first time I took NSI I felt nothing, it was about 7 weeks in where the effects started to appear, but if I stop taking NSI for a while the nootropic effects do go away.

I hope that NSI keeps getting made, because I currently dread the day I have to stop taking it.

edit: I don't think NSI makes that much of a difference on it's own - people reading might think it sounds like a miracle cure. I think it really needs to be part of a stack.

Edited by Major Legend, 22 November 2015 - 11:02 PM.

#3522 TheOpimizer

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:46 AM

Does anyone ever front load the NSI 189 dose so that they can get the effect faster?

And I'm new here, just wondering how the majority of you guys get it?

#3523 sentics

• 78 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:04 AM

Of course NSI isn't the only thing I take, I take a partial mix of your stack (so thanks for that), but as I mentioned before I did try Noopept without NSI and the results were not the same,.

The first time I took NSI I felt nothing, it was about 7 weeks in where the effects started to appear, but if I stop taking NSI for a while the nootropic effects do go away.

I hope that NSI keeps getting made, because I currently dread the day I have to stop taking it.

edit: I don't think NSI makes that much of a difference on it's own - people reading might think it sounds like a miracle cure. I think it really needs to be part of a stack.

what else do you stack it with, apart from noopept?

#3524 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:21 PM

What do you mean by front loading NSI-189 dose TheOptimizer?

#3525 Londonscouser

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

Man I'm so looking forwards to trying out something like NSI...

My reasons for wanting to try out this particular substance is that of emotional numbness. It seems that cannabis abuse has indirectly caused some sort of atypical depression or dysthymia ( symptoms; anhedonia/emotional numbness, loss of personality, inability to connect to others, shyness (very mild social anxiety?))

I'm not sure whether to buy some soon (4 months since cannabis abstinence), or waiting until after I have graduated from university in summer time... 

#3526 TheOpimizer

• 19 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

What do you mean by front loading NSI-189 dose TheOptimizer?

If the effects are of NSI 189 are cumulative, then couldn't you achieve the desired effect sooner if you dosed higher when you start to take it. Then find a smaller amount to take after your starting dose just to keep you where you're at?

Similar to a creatine schedule?

Edited by TheOpimizer, 23 November 2015 - 09:59 PM.

#3527 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:56 AM

SL's NSI is definitely legit.

Have used from multiple reputable sources in the past, including Nyles, for comparison.
  • Agree x 1

#3528 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

My reasons for wanting to try out this particular substance is that of emotional numbness. It seems that cannabis abuse has indirectly caused some sort of atypical depression or dysthymia ( symptoms; anhedonia/emotional numbness, loss of personality, inability to connect to others, shyness (very mild social anxiety?))

I'm not sure whether to buy some soon (4 months since cannabis abstinence), or waiting until after I have graduated from university in summer time... 

I suspect this could also be a reason NSI stopped working, when i started using cannabis more often..

what is cannabis abuse, in your mind? once a day? or all day?

#3529 Londonscouser

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:39 PM

I suspect this could also be a reason NSI stopped working, when i started using cannabis more often..

what is cannabis abuse, in your mind? once a day? or all day?

Well personally i used to smoke approximately 2 grams a day...sometimes more, sometimes less, so it was mostly every few hours i would  have a joint, but i guess 'abuse' could be smoking everyday ? I can't say for you, but i definitely abused it myself.

And sup Jaiho, I remember your name from a different anhedonia forum. A thread created by somebody who got anhedonia from chronic stress, and he is anhedonia-free at the moment, living life ! 

#3530 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:40 PM

A guy named Flex has/had a thread going on about that on this board, I think it's on page 2 or something now. It's about reversing those symptoms you are describing. Maybe check that out alongside NSI-189?

#3531 Londonscouser

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

A guy named Flex has/had a thread going on about that on this board, I think it's on page 2 or something now. It's about reversing those symptoms you are describing. Maybe check that out alongside NSI-189?

I have looked over it many times :P, but his situation is slightly different to mine...

Flex said, "I have to add that I´ve experimented 2 years ago with Ethyphenidate + various stuff like Amisulpride and L-dopa

and this fried my brain which resulted into Depressions and somewhat lower emotions and decrease of libido and euphoria"

He was also prescribed risperdal....and antipsychotics do sometimes cause symptoms that resemble negative symptoms

#3532 thomasanderson2

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

I have been using Strangelove's NSI-189 for 12 days now. I started with 10 mg two times a day, sublingually the first two days, then took 20 mg once a day. The last two days now I've been taking 30 mg once a day. I can definately say that it works. I can feel that it is antidepressive. I am less ruminative about things, less down in a depressive mood.

Have other folks experienced this phenomenon?

It takes several weeks of use - chronic administration - to first start noticing effects?

But then after you're "primed" you have positive effects immediately?

If this is the case, though, it's hard to reconcile with the purported mechanism of NSI, that it increases hippocampal volume.

(i.e., with that logic, the positive effects - once realized - should last indefinitely, or at least for some time until the hippocampus structure returned back to baseline).

Does anyone think that there are both chronic administration effects AND acute effects?

In my personal experience, I might be noticing something like this also.

I should note that SL's NSI seems to be "active" - in the sense that I'm definitely getting something.

#3533 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:23 PM

I haven't noticed an immediate effect after some time of continuous use. When I first tried it, I like to believe that I felt and immediate effect.

The hippocampus grows by neurogenesis. Birth is given to new cells in the subgranular zone of the hippocampus. I can't find the source for this right now, but there are also cells dying in the hippocampus. So I guess the atrophy is the consequence of more cells dying than being born and functionally integrated. The last part is important, as many of the newborn cells die and don't get functionally integrated.

It is unclear, if the purported neurogenesis by NSI-189 means more cells being born or the same amount of cells being born but more being functionally integrated (=surviving) or even more being born and more functionally integrated.

In any case: If NSI-189 can reverse hippocampal atrophy and it would do this completely, than it would most likely take a long time for the hippocampus to shrink to it's pre-NSI-189-treatment size again, if you were depressed for a long time before. I come to this conclusion, because hippocampal atrophy only becomes measurable in MRIs of depressed people, if they had multiple depressed episodes. 

I remember one Neuralstem guy saying, that NSI-189 is also monoaminergic in some way. Could be just marketing, but if it's true, that could be the reason for acute effects. Anxiety or jitteriness resulting from larger doses for me and others could very will be noradrenergic effects. Also neck pain and headaches could be a symptom of elevated blood pressure. Anyone checking for that while taking NSI?

Could be a reason why it works just fine with SSRIs.

#3534 thomasanderson2

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:48 PM

This is good information lb.

I supposed the noradrenergic effects when NSI is present can explain alot - both the negative (anxiety, headaches and even bp)

as well as some of the positive effects (acute anti-depressant qualities and cognition enhancement properties)

I've been using for about 3.5 weeks so far.

First two weeks, Oral phosphate from an old batch at 30mg / 1X day

Third week, Oral phosphate  30 mg  2X / day 

last few days, SL's freebase sublingual  20 mg 2X / day

I'm still experiencing symptoms - but I've had serious depression in the past

- and I think the NSI is at least helping. I plan on staying with it.

#3535 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:36 PM

Have other folks experienced this phenomenon?

It takes several weeks of use - chronic administration - to first start noticing effects?

But then after you're "primed" you have positive effects immediately?

If this is the case, though, it's hard to reconcile with the purported mechanism of NSI, that it increases hippocampal volume.

(i.e., with that logic, the positive effects - once realized - should last indefinitely, or at least for some time until the hippocampus structure returned back to baseline).

Does anyone think that there are both chronic administration effects AND acute effects?

In my personal experience, I might be noticing something like this also.

I should note that SL's NSI seems to be "active" - in the sense that I'm definitely getting something.

Strangelove, I'm interested in your opinion about my noradrenergic hypothesis: As you combine it with Parnate, which is pretty strongly noradrenergic in itself, have you experienced anything related to too much Noradrenaline?

I remember you writing about needing less and less NSI-189. Was that the case after or before you started the Parnate?

If so, this would fit in very nicely with my idea that NSI-189 is in some way noradrenergic. Too get more specific, if it would in fact be an potent NRI, it should diminish Tyramine pressure response. Now, if it really does grow the hippocampus and is an NRI, but is more of an adjunct antidepressant (as many here seem to experience), then using an irreversible MAOI with NSI-189 could really be a dream combo: The irreversible MAOIs are the most efficient antidepressants we know, but have the downside of potentially dangerous blood pressure rises if comsuming too much tyramine rich foods (at least if the MAOI is taken perorally), so one would always need to watch out for this. Tyramine is an NE releaser: When uptaken in symphathetic nerve terminals, it enhances NE release via TAAR1 activation. But an NRI , if potent enough, prevents Tyramine uptake in sympathetic nerve terminals. Thus, blood pressure rise doesn't occur.

One would have a strong antidepressant effects, but with less or no food interactions and also (if this holds true) regrowth of hippocampal volume.

This sounds especially nice to me. I hope to get a prescription for phenelzine, soon and will check my blood pressure before and when I start taking it. Of course also my response to Tyramine containing foods. After that I will try what happens when I add NSI-189!  :ph34r:

Edited by life backwards, 25 November 2015 - 07:38 PM.

#3536 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:59 PM

what else do you stack it with, apart from noopept?

Just noopept 10mg . I also take fasoracetam 50mg Memantine 20mg (daily) 

• Informative x 1

#3537 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:07 PM

Something else that is quite surprising is the number of people that contact me and by accident I got strong clues they have a chronic undiagnosed infection. They are six members that I believe they have an infection (from subtle to serious) and four they confirmed it either by going to the doctor, or for what it worth trying antibiotics I recommended (supplements) and got less brain fog and better mood. Probably many you know already the inflammation depression link, but searching it, its way more common than what I thought.

What clues are these ? I Think inflammation might play a role in my symptoms (anxiety, fatigue, brain fog, depression) and my ferritin levels are high which could point to inflammation going on in the body. Other then that, I have no clear signs of any inflammatory condition (e.g. gastrointestinal complaints). What supplements you recommend ?

Hi DaneV, sorry for not replying, I just saw your post by accident looking back.

Clues that can give away a chronic infection that started getting serious is brain fog, low mood, lack of energy, anxiety, derealisation, topical pain and inflamation. Common chronic infections that can give these symptoms are in the gut, sinuses, urinary tract, gingiva-tooth and lungs, what all have in common is empty space with no immune system to fight microbes, that can build their numbers over time in a biofilm

and can after some time start giving many different problems according to the organ they attack, for example with chronic microbial pancreatitis you can develop diabetes as the pancreas can stop functioning properly.

I hope in the future this subject would become popular in a longevity forum that Longecity is, as chronic (sometimes undiagnosed) infections, have strong correllation with cancer (increasing risk by 30 times) a major factor in blocking arteries trough a biofilm structure and even giving Alzheimer's as you can read in this thread.

http://www.longecity...-pneumoniae-cp/

Edited by Strangelove, 26 November 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#3538 panel

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2015 - 04:31 PM

...note that the study showing 120 mg/day to be less effective than 80 mg/day was not sufficiently powered to draw any firm conclusion...

Can you explain this in more detal?

#3539 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

I bought some of strangeloves NSI and had my first 40mg dose sublingualy yesterday. Took another 20mg this morning and another 40mg about 7 hours later. This could be a placebo so I will be posting more experiences later.

I work in finance and manage investment portfolios. Work was a breeze today, I was getting things done quicker than usual and with great memory recall. It's hard for me to really describe my mental effects because I'm currently going through a breakup so thoughts and emotions are going crazy. I do notice physical effects though. The center of my brain near my forehead starts itching about 1-2 hours after dosing and doesn't stop for several hours (like when you put a sharp object near your forehead). Also my whole brain feels like it's pulsing, it's not a headache though, it's weird but feels good. Not sure if anyone else felt something like that. There's also some visual/mental thing that I can't describe yet. It's only been a day and I can already tell this stuff is doing something, just not sure what yet. I'll post more experiences tomorrow.

I have been using Strangelove's NSI-189 for 12 days now. I started with 10 mg two times a day, sublingually the first two days, then took 20 mg once a day. The last two days now I've been taking 30 mg once a day. I can definately say that it works. I can feel that it is antidepressive. I am less ruminative about things, less down in a depressive mood. That, while I still feel as level headed as usual, it's not like it is clouding my judgement or making me feel weird. I haven't noticed any side effects so far. And no discernible HD-vision. It seems to have no bad interactions with 2 mg of Memantine and 8 mg of Galantamine. That's my experience so far. To put it shortly, my experience of NSI is that it is emotionally stabilizing and antidepressive.

These three experiences are from the new batch. In the past I wrote a general "no good" describing this batch as I was not 100% sure that is even NSI-189.

Experimenting further and reading recent reviews, I am sure its NSI-189, but I need a larger dose than usual and still believe that this batch is "diluted". Nevertheless other members reading the positive reviews still insist buying it, so I am giving it for a discount around 1/4 the price from the cheapest on line vendor in US. After I ll test the samples I have on hand and confirm purity, I ll return to 1/2 price, and give a further good discount for those interested in larger amounts for long-term use. Fortunately a member from Europe gave me a link with a university lab in Poland doing HPLC analysis for 70euros/hour, I am not sure what the total would be, but if anyone interested to test anything for purity send me a pm, for some reason that same member told me not to post the link in public. 

In general its not a good idea to trust the Chinese, in Reddit, Ceretropic's owner complains about bad batches often. Anyone buying from China should not have price as the only factor in mind, as it seems that in order to give a competitive price they can add inactive fillers.

Writing a message to the lab, politely saying I have some suspicions about purity, they replied that they now have improved the synthesis process and can ship NSI-189 of higher purity, this somewhat confirm my suspicion. Even though you still get results from this batch, I ll reship with confirmed high purity, except for those that agreed in the extra discount.

Edit: Maybe a forum software issue, but I am getting continuous double posts.

Edited by Strangelove, 26 November 2015 - 09:18 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3540 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

Anyone notice an improvement in short term and long term memory from taking NSI?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)