NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#3601 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:44 AM

I'm thinking it's because of tolerance. Nsi 189 isn't working anymore, i tried SL and another reputable source. This saddens me because it had the most robust effect on my Anhedonia.
So back to the dart board

#3602 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:31 AM

I don't think there's much, if any, legit nsi out there these days. My last 3 nsi purchases from different vendors have either non existent effects or massively watered down effects which are hard to tell apart from placebo. Nothing compared to my first two experiences of several months on nsi. Judging by the lack of posts from earlier nsi users as well makes me assume this is true for others too.

I want to buy some but this worries me. Any others with similar experience?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3603 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:56 AM

I think it's because of drug resistance, when you stop and start a medication a few times, it will stop working, this is evident with alot of anti depressants. It could be the case for nsi 189.
My suggestion is, when you first start, stay on it if it works for you

#3604 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 02:43 PM

I have NSI-189 phosphate that is exactly the same in texture, color, taste and effects (blind tested) as what HHD used to have (I kept a small amount from them for reference).

Everyone that has been following this thread for a while, knows that I have a good experience with it (trying a few labs to find a legitimate new source) and I believe this batch is exactly what we used to get, price is less than 1/3 the source mentioned before, also careful mentioning NSI-189 sources openly, they get a cease and desist letter from the patent holder really fast...!

#3605 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:01 PM

I'm thinking it's because of tolerance. Nsi 189 isn't working anymore, i tried SL and another reputable source. This saddens me because it had the most robust effect on my Anhedonia.

Maybe for you but its not tolerance for me. I've never experienced an antidepressant washout on me. I know some do though.
With nsi I've had four sources and only one was legit. They were team tlr but I see they've shut down. I know it was legit from ceretropic doing testing on team tlr nootropics and amongst some of their dubious products with no ingredients listed were basically taurine, their nsi came back as something like 98% pure.
If your theory on nsi washing out because I became tolerant would be true, I wouldnt have had the exact same effects after quitting for several months then starting again on team tlrs nsi. As I say unfortunately they are no more and I've tried with three other venders. Two had no effects and weren't similar in taste or texture. Strangeloves freebase had similar taste and texture but not much in the way of noticeable effects unless I took doses that would normally have caused me intolerable anxiety on team tlr nsi. So I didn't have the same side effects or positive effects. And if you read back on a large chunk of this thread anxiety was the biggest side effect by far, mentioned in most people's experiences. In the recent last 10 pages it's barely mentioned. So I just feel if there's anything legit out there it's been kept very quiet now!

#3606 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

Team TLR's was my first try. It was the phosphate and I'm pretty sure it had some effect on me. After that I had Ceretropic's product. Possibly same effect, but not so sure. It's been some time and I once tried it again and had no effect.

I really don't know what to think about this. Would love to try Team TLR's stuff again.

#3607 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 06:37 PM

Maybe for you but its not tolerance for me. I've never experienced an antidepressant washout on me. I know some do though.
With nsi I've had four sources and only one was legit. They were team tlr but I see they've shut down. I know it was legit from ceretropic doing testing on team tlr nootropics and amongst some of their dubious products with no ingredients listed were basically taurine, their nsi came back as something like 98% pure.
If your theory on nsi washing out because I became tolerant would be true, I wouldnt have had the exact same effects after quitting for several months then starting again on team tlrs nsi. As I say unfortunately they are no more and I've tried with three other venders. Two had no effects and weren't similar in taste or texture. Strangeloves freebase had similar taste and texture but not much in the way of noticeable effects unless I took doses that would normally have caused me intolerable anxiety on team tlr nsi. So I didn't have the same side effects or positive effects. And if you read back on a large chunk of this thread anxiety was the biggest side effect by far, mentioned in most people's experiences. In the recent last 10 pages it's barely mentioned. So I just feel if there's anything legit out there it's been kept very quiet now!

PM me if interested for a free sample, I am confident in this source. 

#3608 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:57 PM

Guys - I'm contemplating trialing my father on NSI-189.  He's on a path for age related dementia or Alzheimer's.  Things are getting bad enough that it's time to step things up a notch.

Do we have any members that have tried this compound for these conditions?

#3609 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:47 AM

Are you combining it with tianeptine? I have reason to believe it may interfere with its effect.

Another thing I'd highly recommend is high intensity exercise, HIIT or a good weight lifting program.

More info here: https://www.reddit.c...tion_of/crjx5ge

• Informative x 2

#3610 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 12:51 AM

Guys - I'm contemplating trialing my father on NSI-189.  He's on a path for age related dementia or Alzheimer's.  Things are getting bad enough that it's time to step things up a notch.

Do we have any members that have tried this compound for these conditions?

Have you looked into methylene blue? IIRC it's shown really promising effects.

#3611 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:31 PM

When does this start to kick in. On it nearly for 4 weeks, nothing. Started on 40mcg then after two weeks jumped to 60mcg. still nothing.

#3612 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:35 PM

When does this start to kick in. On it nearly for 4 weeks, nothing. Started on 40mcg then after two weeks jumped to 60mcg. still nothing.

I guess you mean 40 mg, right? Because 40 mcg would be far too less. However, I don't think anybody here has a scale capable of weighing so small amounts, so most likely you mean 40 mg.

So, 40 mg once a day? freebase or phosphate? sublingually or orally? Source?

#3613 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

I guess you mean 40 mg, right? Because 40 mcg would be far too less. However, I don't think anybody here has a scale capable of weighing so small amounts, so most likely you mean 40 mg.

So, 40 mg once a day? freebase or phosphate? sublingually or orally? Source?

Yeah I meant mg. It's ingredients are diacalcium phosphate magnesium stearate. I just drop 2 tabs first thing in the morning.

#3614 Shai Hulud

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Oh, somebody started selling NSI-189 pellets?

The same chemicals can come in different forms. This has impact on bioavailability  in different routes of administration and stability of the compound.

There are currently two different forms of NSI-189 available: One is the freebase, which is just NSI-189 in itself.

The other is NSI-189 phosphate. If one let's a freebase react with matching amount of an acid, salts are formed. The salts are named after the acid used, in this case phosphoric acid. Which means NSI-189 phosphate is the product of a reaction of NSI-189 freebase and phosphoric acid.

the phosphate has been  used in the Neuralstem trials (the company who has developed NSI-189). It is said that it's oral bioavailability is better than that of the freebase form. On the other hand, the freebase should be better suited for sublingual application. So if you have pellets, they should have used NSI-189 phosphate.

The other ingredients are just fillers.

To your  actual question: You should have felt something by now. 

Possible explanations:

1. It just doesn't work for you

2. the pellets are a scam (either no or not enough NSI-189 in it)

3. There's 20 mg NSI-189 in there, but freebase. In that case you'd need a higher dose, if it is true that there's lower oral bioavailability for freebase (we don't really know that for sure, just that someone claimed it).

Do you feel any side effects?

What are you taking it for?

#3615 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

The only time I felt something was when I first took it, I felt a certain heavyness calmness in my body. But thats about it.

My reason for taking it is depression.

#3616 coiboggs

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

I have NSI-189 phosphate that is exactly the same in texture, color, taste and effects (blind tested) as what HHD used to have (I kept a small amount from them for reference).

Everyone that has been following this thread for a while, knows that I have a good experience with it (trying a few labs to find a legitimate new source) and I believe this batch is exactly what we used to get, price is less than 1/3 the source mentioned before, also careful mentioning NSI-189 sources openly, they get a cease and desist letter from the patent holder really fast...!

Hey SL I sent you a PM for some NSI, please help.

Edited by coiboggs, 27 December 2015 - 06:34 PM.

#3617 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

So who is a good quality supplier of NSI-189 and how would I go about verifying the purity of a sample?

#3618 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:13 AM

Guys what do you take it with? Are there are any notable positive reactions or adverse reactions with other supplements and meds?

Would any of these supplements be unsafe with it?  Bromelian, Magnesium Cirtrate, Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Zinc, Korean Ginseng, Copper Chelate,  Brewer's Yeast (b complex),  Iodine,                          And these meds:  valium (low dose taper), gabapentin,  ritalin (or modanil/ Vyvanse)

A few months ago I noticed blood pooling in my hands and body sluggishness when I took NSI 5-10mg along with low dose Cymbalta.    I had to stop it because I felt so immensely fatigued. But perhaps it was also the vitamin C I was taking at the time.  

I restarted and now I been on it over a week. Do notice I am tired but I had pretty poor energy before the NSI.  I been taking 10mg a day and plan to increase. During the 2nd and 3rd day I noticed increases in anxiety but also noticed some subtle improvements to sensory immersion. Though my ability to be immersed is still often quite lackluster. I noticed some small changes in my behavior though. Perhaps more boldness or initiative. Enough for me to have attempted to taper my gabapentin and ritalin even lower.  I been noticing I am functioning bit better with lower ritalin doses now and it may be attributed to the NSI.   Before I just felt so pathetically apathetic and lifeless. Often still do but just not quite as much.  

Genuine anti-dep effects?  Not quite much yet.   I have lot of peripheral issues and I sometimes have small bits of interest here and there but mostly when laying in bed. Once I get up it's harder to think again. 

Does NSI have any notable precautions for people with low cortisol, low testosterone, hypothyroid and possible type 1 diabetes? The first 3 are all confirmed via blood tests. I have to get some additional testing for type 1 D though. 

Has anyone experience combining NSI w other anti-deps? 

Edited by AlexCanada, 28 December 2015 - 07:04 AM.

#3619 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:21 PM

I don't know but I've stopped taking because I ran out but I feel less depressed then when I was taking it. Looking back It feels like nsi189 increased the depression feeling up a notch.

How can this be, or is just coincedence?

#3620 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

I think this substance made me feel anxious at around the same time. I took Ashwaganda as well. The anxiety passed.

#3621 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:49 PM

Guys what do you take it with? Are there are any notable positive reactions or adverse reactions with other supplements and meds?

Would any of these supplements be unsafe with it?  Bromelian, Magnesium Cirtrate, Pantothenic Acid, Niacin, Zinc, Korean Ginseng, Copper Chelate,  Brewer's Yeast (b complex),  Iodine,                          And these meds:  valium (low dose taper), gabapentin,  ritalin (or modanil/ Vyvanse)

A few months ago I noticed blood pooling in my hands and body sluggishness when I took NSI 5-10mg along with low dose Cymbalta.    I had to stop it because I felt so immensely fatigued. But perhaps it was also the vitamin C I was taking at the time.  

I restarted and now I been on it over a week. Do notice I am tired but I had pretty poor energy before the NSI.  I been taking 10mg a day and plan to increase. During the 2nd and 3rd day I noticed increases in anxiety but also noticed some subtle improvements to sensory immersion. Though my ability to be immersed is still often quite lackluster. I noticed some small changes in my behavior though. Perhaps more boldness or initiative. Enough for me to have attempted to taper my gabapentin and ritalin even lower.  I been noticing I am functioning bit better with lower ritalin doses now and it may be attributed to the NSI.   Before I just felt so pathetically apathetic and lifeless. Often still do but just not quite as much.  

Genuine anti-dep effects?  Not quite much yet.   I have lot of peripheral issues and I sometimes have small bits of interest here and there but mostly when laying in bed. Once I get up it's harder to think again. 

Does NSI have any notable precautions for people with low cortisol, low testosterone, hypothyroid and possible type 1 diabetes? The first 3 are all confirmed via blood tests. I have to get some additional testing for type 1 D though. 

Has anyone experience combining NSI w other anti-deps? 

Combining NSI with strong meds like Ritalin/Vyvanse is playing with fire - you just don't know how you can react to this combo.

I'd use one OR the other if you notice problem taking both.

I can also report slight but noticeable increase in motivation/initiative while on NSI and much like you this effect is fading.

I tried NSI+coluracetam and NSI+PRL-8-53 a few times but can't say I notice any improved synergy - perhaps it needs more regular/longer term  dosing or maybe they just do not synergize well, at least for me.

If you are that low on T, perhaps TRT may be beneficial for you. Iodine supplementation for thyroid support is another item to look into. 

• Agree x 1

#3622 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 December 2015 - 12:52 AM

I don't know but I've stopped taking because I ran out but I feel less depressed then when I was taking it. Looking back It feels like nsi189 increased the depression feeling up a notch.

How can this be, or is just coincedence?

I believe I noticed significant anti-depressant effects from NSI-189, but only after I stopped taking it. The data in the Neuralstem study showed a decease in depression for a couple months after stopping NSI-189.

#3623 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:32 AM

I'm sure now that looking back I was more depressed on the stuff then off, more as in intensive. Still depressed but the intensiveness is not there.

#3624 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 07:39 PM

To the few waiting for tracking, hopefully I ll ship and give tracking tomorrow. Some taxes are getting paid through the post office here at the end of the year, and together with the extra holidays workload, it gets terribly busy!

#3625 MetaphasicSystems

• 112 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:51 AM

Bless whoever summarizes this 189 page thread.
Based on the last few pages; I'm thinking 189 isn't even as spectacular as cerebrolysin.

#3626 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:54 PM

I want to start assembling everything I need to cap up this material.  Thinking I'll do 40mg capsules.  Obviously I need a good scale, some trays and some capsules.  I haven't encapsulated my own material before.  I think I remember reading a good how too at some point but can't remember where I saw it.  Anyone have any suggestions?

What are people using for their filler material? 

#3627 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:20 AM

It's probably quite hard with non pro equipment to encapsulate a low dose product with precision, I wouldn't risk it. Unless you weigh and cap each dose individually which makes it a pitn.

#3628 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:10 AM

It's probably quite hard with non pro equipment to encapsulate a low dose product with precision, I wouldn't risk it. Unless you weigh and cap each dose individually which makes it a pitn.

I'm thinking of targeting a 40mg capsule dose with a 80mg daily dose.  It would seem like getting within 10% of that would not be that difficult.  I'll measure every capsule if I have to.

If you're taking this compound, how are you dosing it?

#3629 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:28 AM

If you're taking this compound, how are you dosing it?

Me - 20-40mg sublingually, first thing in the morning.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3630 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:05 AM

I am not taking it yet, because one of my concerns is in fact the dosing: I am not keen on weighing each dose and neither do I want to 'eyeball' with a mini scoop. Other products can be diluted in pg which makes dosing much easier, but not nsi-189 afaik.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users