* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4111 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:12 AM

Hi, I tried NSI-189 yesterday and for the first hour felt pretty good, then I noticed a nausea set in that got pretty uncomfortable for the next 12 hours. I had a mild headache and couldn't sleep without taking Advil. Laying on my pillow was uncomfortable in any position. I didn't think I took too much, compared with what I've researched, I took about 30mg. But the next day I am feeling low energy, moody, and general icky feeling. Not sick, but not great. I wish I could sleep more.

I bought my gram from Amazon, I got the NSI-189 Phosphate kind.

Does anyone know why it made me feel so awful? Maybe this drug is not for me, but I was sure hoping to benefit from the anti-depressive effects and improved memory.

Thanks.

I would say the nsi was laced with something else? gotta stick to trusted sources when buying this stuff! Might be wrong, but I haven't seen nausea and restlessness being reported much

#4112 noni azure

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 12:14 AM

I see, thanks. I wouldn't say restlessness, but just physically uncomfortable. Do you know a trusted seller? I've been searching for that, but can't find anything. Thanks.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4113 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:21 PM

Anyone feeling chest pain on NSI-189?

Past few mornings I have woken up with not insignificant chest pain.   Progressively more intense each day.   This morning it is pretty bad.

I recently added ALCAR and phosphatidylserine so it could be one of those, too.

Though I googled around and I can't find anything substantial on ALCAR or phosphatidylserine causing chest pain.

I've been taking 30mg of the freebase bid.    

I never had chest pain with ALCAR or NSI. But what Strangelove said: 30 mg can be too much. I have to build NSI up slowly. If I start with 40 mg, I get after a week severe anxiety and after a while severe neuropathic pain and lots of other pains. 25 is my max. I used 45 for a while and I had a constant pain in the neck and the tendons in my leg. I had this also with 25 mg, but bearable.

I started a few weeks ago with 10 mg and now I take for a week 20mg and the anxiety is starting to build up. But if it works as other times: this will last for three or four days. I'm getting a bit depressed now too. And at the start I had a pain in the ear as if there was an inflamation. This lasted for three days too.

So it does not suprise me if NSI gives weird complaints. Right now my eyes are really sensitive to light and my vision is sharper.

#4114 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:24 PM

Can anyone confirm that snorting NSI-189 phosphate is the worst possible experience you can imagine? It hurts, it feels like dust or cement or something, and then this weird taste like Selegiline but 20x stronger. It is so terrible.

I managed to do it for 10 days ... now I can't get myself to it.

You are a good scientist and a daredevil at the same time :)

#4115 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

30mg sublingual or oral? The 40mg orally in the study is sometimes a large dose for many, I am only using 20mg.

I have never seen chest pain as a side effect, but I ll suggest stop using it for now. It may or may not be NSI-189 related, but if it gets progressively worst, you do not want to push it. Nsi-189 can create anxiety to some and chest pain can be a result of anxiety, so if you stop it and get better you might want to retry with a smaller dose.

I am currently taking ~40mg (freebase) orally QD.  What signs/symptoms should I look out for to determine if this dose might be too high? 

Freebase is sublingual a bit more potent than phosphate. I believe that it was 18 or 20 %. So 32 mg freebase sublingual should be enough if your right dose is 40 mg phosphate.

I remember the discussion of the potency of freebase and the outcome, but lost track of the source (I could have discussed this with Nyles).

#4116 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 30 April 2016 - 02:35 PM

Anyone feeling chest pain on NSI-189?

Past few mornings I have woken up with not insignificant chest pain. Progressively more intense each day. This morning it is pretty bad.

I recently added ALCAR and phosphatidylserine so it could be one of those, too.

Though I googled around and I can't find anything substantial on ALCAR or phosphatidylserine causing chest pain.

I've been taking 30mg of the freebase bid.

30mg sublingual or oral? The 40mg orally in the study is sometimes a large dose for many, I am only using 20mg.

I have never seen chest pain as a side effect, but I ll suggest stop using it for now. It may or may not be NSI-189 related, but if it gets progressively worst, you do not want to push it. Nsi-189 can create anxiety to some and chest pain can be a result of anxiety, so if you stop it and get better you might want to retry with a smaller dose.

sublingual. I cut my dose in half yesterday, stopped the other supps. No chest pain this morning.. I think it may have been the phosphatidylserine if anything. There are a few reports of chest pain with that supplement. Who knows.

PS is a pretty strong blood thinner so this might cause some chest pain.

#4117 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 03:47 PM

I'm still feeling residual effects from the NSI. I feel fine but can't tolerate calcium, caffeine, l-theanine, and now I've noticed my BCAA which contains L-leucine, valine, and isoleucine.

Any thoughts?

#4118 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2016 - 10:58 PM

Day 4 : 40 mg once a day : took it sublingually like how it should be, definitely had what people call HD vision, things were much sharper than usual, it was subtle, but definitely noticeable. I also some things that looked like white fine particles for a few seconds, disappeared quickly. Hoping for more, I still don't see a great improvement on my mood

I've also experienced the white fine particles in vision. For me they are bright white and slightly yellowish. They don't happen very often (maybe a few times a day max) and always go away within a second.

#4119 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 12:27 AM

I see, thanks. I wouldn't say restlessness, but just physically uncomfortable. Do you know a trusted seller? I've been searching for that, but can't find anything. Thanks.

I have been selling NSI-189 to other members for about one year now at about 1/3 the price from sellers in Amazon. Also I believe I am the only one that I have GC/MS tested the source for identity and purity.

If you read experiences when NSI-189 first became available they were few minor side effects that go away after a few days. I believe this is because people were extra careful about dose, trying first very low doses that work for many... If you are sure about the source, and you get discomforting side effects the most possible reason is that you are overdosing! 

Sublingual is more bioavailable than oral (although there is no clear agreement how much) and again, the 40mg (oral) doses from the studies is too much for many members. Moreover the neuralstem studies showed an inverted U dose response, with people getting an effect with smaller doses, but no effect with very high doses of 120mg/day. Sublingual has better bioavailability and oral has a gradual onset that makes it smoother.

I believe everyone should start with 10mg oral doses for at least couple days, and try larger doses gradually. 

Freebase is sublingual a bit more potent than phosphate. I believe that it was 18 or 20 %. I remember the discussion of the potency of freebase and the outcome, but lost track of the source (I could have discussed this with Nyles).

Yes, as the freebase is the pure chemical with no extra weight from the phosphate salt, and according to the chemical structure has been calculated before at about 1/5 more potent by weight from the phosphate form.

• Agree x 2

#4120 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2016 - 06:17 PM

Agreed. 20mg seems to be my sweet spot.  Higher doses generally result in some form of discomfort in the form of depression or anxiety.

All in all, that is great news about lower dosages being effective.

• Agree x 1

#4121 tehSeaCow

• 5 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:02 PM

So I've been taking Strangelove's freebase now for 3 weeks, at 30-40mg daily along with SJW, bacopa, and theanine daily. In the last few days I've also added noopept to the mix. Compared to the phosphate nsi I got from bluebrainboost half a year ago, this seems to have much more pronounced effects, though that may be due to interaction from the other supplements.

For the first few days I had head pressure and anxiety, though that tapered off after about a week. Strangely, this time around I've also noticed colors to be significantly more vivid than normally, but this has subsided in the third week. While I do feel more of an interest in most things, I also paradoxically have been much more lethargic and somewhat more depressed compared to when I was just taking SJW. During the third week I have also noticed an improvement in memory, along with an increase in music appreciation unlike during the phosphate cycle, which is the most exciting part of this for me, as my episodic memory is not too great.

Edit: I also find it noticeably harder to concentrate, has anyone else experienced this?

Edited by tehSeaCow, 02 May 2016 - 10:34 PM.

• Informative x 1

#4122 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:04 PM

8 days into NSI, I'd say the effects are underwhelming, I'm still going to keep taking it.
I'm going to be adding Ketamine as a last resort, anhedonia is my primary problem and NSI has not had much effect on that.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#4123 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 03:44 AM

a bit over 4 weeks on NSI-189 FB.   Ramped up to 30mg BID but the past few days I dropped down to 20mg.

First few days I had vivid dreams.  First week or two I felt more "in touch" with emotions.

Now I don't think it is doing much of anything.  To me, effexor felt like a much more potent AD.

Have a few side-effects:  I seem to be clenching my jaw, NSI-189 definitely doesn't play well with caffeine (I think this was the source of my chest pain - 2 cups and my heart goes nuts), some memory impairment (can't remember names or places).   Having trouble typing fast, too (which normally I'm very good at)...   Hope these go away when I discontinue it.

Anyone have a non-response to it?

Time to short-sell Neuralstem stock?   :-D jk.  sort of.

Edited by irony, 03 May 2016 - 03:45 AM.

#4124 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:01 PM

8 days into NSI, I'd say the effects are underwhelming, I'm still going to keep taking it.
I'm going to be adding Ketamine as a last resort, anhedonia is my primary problem and NSI has not had much effect on that.

Do you have any info on how ketamine works on the brain compared to NSI?

#4125 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 May 2016 - 04:50 PM

Offtopic, but I'm hoping Neuralstem uses this extra 8M from the secondary offering to fund phase II for NSI-189. I want to see this make it to market, it works for me. My vision becomes VERY enhanced and I become more confident/ flirty with the ladies. I only regret that I can't take it with adderall as I have add and taken together it's just too overload.

#4126 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:45 PM

a bit over 4 weeks on NSI-189 FB.   Ramped up to 30mg BID but the past few days I dropped down to 20mg.

First few days I had vivid dreams.  First week or two I felt more "in touch" with emotions.

Now I don't think it is doing much of anything.  To me, effexor felt like a much more potent AD.

Have a few side-effects:  I seem to be clenching my jaw, NSI-189 definitely doesn't play well with caffeine (I think this was the source of my chest pain - 2 cups and my heart goes nuts), some memory impairment (can't remember names or places).   Having trouble typing fast, too (which normally I'm very good at)...   Hope these go away when I discontinue it.

Anyone have a non-response to it?

Time to short-sell Neuralstem stock?   :-D jk.  sort of.

Yes, there are non-responders, nothing works for everyone. I ll suggest though to stay in a smaller dose a little longer as effects build over time too. You have initial effects, but then you have some long-term build up in positives too. If overstimulation is still a problem reduce the dose. 

My first results were much better than yours, but if you had an effect in the first week, I ll suggest just drop to 10mg for a week. Also, we do not know the bioavailability of sublingual dosing, and if there is an extra effect from first pass metabolism (I do not think so) but in any case, for anyone that did not work and has some extra on hand try oral doses in the 20mg-40mg range.

A good number of members here had their best results during a brake, this is why many in the two first synthesis had a few weeks brake after a month of use, have it in mind if you stop for any positives (the most common positive effect after you stop is an increase in motivation).

#4127 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:50 PM

Offtopic, but I'm hoping Neuralstem uses this extra 8M from the secondary offering to fund phase II for NSI-189. I want to see this make it to market, it works for me. My vision becomes VERY enhanced and I become more confident/ flirty with the ladies. I only regret that I can't take it with adderall as I have add and taken together it's just too overload.

I had a pm from a member that thinks is a great combo with adderall, have you tried it with a very low adderall dose of 1/4 of your regular dose, or so?

#4128 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 11:07 PM

Do you have any info on how ketamine works on the brain compared to NSI?

I'm still very new to to the world of neurosciences , from what I've read Ketamine and NSI both induce rapid synaptogenesis and neurogenesis respectively.

the Ketamine dosage for depression appears to be much, much lower than what is recreationally used, so side effects and bladder problems that are a concern for addicts don't really need to be factored in if your not going to abuse it

ketamine is a NMDA antagonist, I don't think NSI has been found to work on any particular receptor yet.

ketamine is a rapidly working anti-depressant, people that have been depressed for decades have come out of it using ketamine, also appears to have a positive effect on anhedonia per some studies : https://bbrfoundatio...nce-pleasure-in which is exactly what I'm looking for

the NSI definitely has an effect on me, my vision has become extremely sharper and I love it! But it has not had any effect on me not deriving pleasure from stuff. Looking to try Ketamine, Tianeptine, Memantine, Phenibut, Noopept in the future(not all at once though lol), but ketamine works for 3/4 people, rapidly.

Edited by goodburner, 03 May 2016 - 11:12 PM.

#4129 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:14 AM

the NSI definitely has an effect on me, my vision has become extremely sharper and I love it! 

I'm with ya bud. I find it so much easier to make eye contact with people on NSI because their faces seem to POP with detail and vividness.

I'm wondering if the visual enhancement is only for myopics or those with otherwise blurry/ poor vision for whatever reason... or does everyone get this? I don't see it mentioned here too often.

#4130 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 01:43 PM

the NSI definitely has an effect on me, my vision has become extremely sharper and I love it!

I'm with ya bud. I find it so much easier to make eye contact with people on NSI because their faces seem to POP with detail and vividness.

I'm wondering if the visual enhancement is only for myopics or those with otherwise blurry/ poor vision for whatever reason... or does everyone get this? I don't see it mentioned here too often.

Can confirm that I am myopic lol, even when im wearing glasses, the lights would always appear blurred, with NSI that's not happening, lights are sharp as they can be. Kinda freaks me out a little lol.

Enhanced vision actually gets mentioned a lot As a side, reddit is full of folks taking about this

#4131 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 04:08 PM

Can confirm that I am myopic lol, even when im wearing glasses, the lights would always appear blurred, with NSI that's not happening, lights are sharp as they can be. Kinda freaks me out a little lol.

Enhanced vision actually gets mentioned a lot As a side, reddit is full of folks taking about this

Same here. Very myopic! With glasses I'm technically 20/20 but there's still a general blurriness, lack of contrast. I too especially notice this the blurred street lights at night. NSI obliterates that. I bet you I could lower my RX glasses if I took this everyday lol. 

• Agree x 1

#4132 Kinesis

• 262 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:30 PM

I just joined this forum the other day, so I hope I'm not coming off as too much of a noob... but, I have a question.  Having read much (but not all) of this 136 page thread, I definitely know a lot more about NSI-189 (and a few other noots) than I did before I started, but I have a few questions.

But, first a little background that may help put everything in context...

I'm a 40-something year old guy who has been depressed for much, if not all, of my life...

My main question is, do you think that NSI-189 is something that would help someone like me?  Maybe there is someone out there who can say, "Your background sounds a lot like mine, and NSI-189 changed my life!"  If NSI-189 is not the right choice for me, can someone give me some suggestions on what to research?  I think this forum is an invaluable resource, and I'm glad it exists.  Thanks for reading all the way through.  I really appreciate you guys and gals.

Welcome StickyBits.  When I got to the part about "Your background sounds a lot like mine..." a bell rang, because apart from a few details (e.g. I'm a 50-something year old guy), I almost could have written your post.  I'm replying off-topic here because I haven't tried NSI-189, so I'll make this short, but I have tried some things that have helped a lot.

Part of what is helping is discussed in another multi-hundred page thread, http://www.longecity...ic-experiments/.  To save you some digging there, the essence is summarized on Lostfalco's blog at http://www.lostfalco...n-fog-two-step/.  I've stacked this on a comprehensive multi and several herbals including hypericum (SJW), rhodiola, bacopa, ashwaganda, apocynum, turmeric, and astragalus (cycloastragenol), and near-infrared (LLLT), and am experiencing remarkable improvement.  I don't want to further burden this already-huge thread with non-NSI-189 material, but if any of this strikes you as interesting please feel free to PM me and I'll be glad to discuss the details.

#4133 goodburner

• 18 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

I'd like to know the MoA behind this, its a particularly interesting side effect that I havent seen with any other drug before. I've heard anecdotes that depression affects your vision decreasing color contrast and stuff. It'd be interesting to see how long this effect lasts after stopping NSI, I ran through half my stash and half another 30 days left at the most.

Also, has anyone tried microdosing ketamine here? considerably cheap and starts working right away! Too bad ketamine is given a bad rep just because some people like to abuse it.

#4134 pheanix997

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:24 PM

That's what I'm curious about. Specifically for enhanced vision, why is it doing this? Is it a result of neural repair, or neural enhancement? In terms of this side effect, it seems like the latter as my vision has never been this good. Not even close.

So my eyesight isn't better merely becsuse my hippocampal damage is being repaired. Nor is it a secondary effect from ameliorated depression - SSRI's cause blurriness, though maybe slight colour enhancement, even though they help my depressive feelings. Therefore it's more like it's enhancing the vision quality I was born with, unless I simply inherited brain damage. In that case, the neural damage repair hypoethsis would hold up.

Btw the vision effects stop when I stop NSI.

Edited by pheanix997, 04 May 2016 - 07:25 PM.

#4135 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

I've tested Strangelove's NSI 189 freebase using a MALDI mass spectrometer to verify that it really is NSI 189. As you can see from the results, Strangelove's NSI 189 appears to be pure, and matches the molar mass of NSI 189. There are other things showing up in analysis which could be part of the matrix used in the test. The molecular weight of the substances that make up the matrix are very similar in molecular mass to NSI 189.

The peak is at 367.3 which is one off of the molar mass of NSI 189 (366.4998 g/mol). Perhaps it found a proton somewhere and added it to the NH group?

j4WL84t.png

hNX6vQk.png

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#4136 tehSeaCow

• 5 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:56 PM

I'm myopic, but haven't noticed much of a change in vision sharpness, the biggest difference I get happens sometimes after meditating.

Edited by tehSeaCow, 04 May 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#4137 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 06:39 AM

I've tested Strangelove's NSI 189 freebase using a MALDI mass spectrometer to verify that it really is NSI 189. As you can see from the results, Strangelove's NSI 189 appears to be pure, and matches the molar mass of NSI 189. There are other things showing up in analysis which could be part of the matrix used in the test. The molecular weight of the substances that make up the matrix are very similar in molecular mass to NSI 189.

The peak is at 367.3 which is one off of the molar mass of NSI 189 (366.4998 g/mol). Perhaps it found a proton somewhere and added it to the NH group?

Thanks for this info.  About what time did you order this NSI from Strangelove (so that we know which batch it came from)?

#4138 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for this info.  About what time did you order this NSI from Strangelove (so that we know which batch it came from)?

From PMs I shipped on 5/4 and had it on 11/4. Raman thanks for the analysis! Anything new to report in effects? Have you been trying it for the full three weeks you have it? In what dosages? This freebase is from the same source of the phosphate I GC/MS tested with good results before.

• Cheerful x 1

#4139 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2016 - 05:36 PM

From PMs I shipped on 5/4 and had it on 11/4. Raman thanks for the analysis! Anything new to report in effects? Have you been trying it for the full three weeks you have it? In what dosages? This freebase is from the same source of the phosphate I GC/MS tested with good results before.

I've been on NSI 189 for a little over three weeks now. I'd classify myself currently as a partial responder - I've seen some improvements in my brain fog and mood but nothing drastic like some others here have reported. I've been taking 20 mg of SL's freebase sublingually. As for side effects, the vivid dreams have gone away now and the vision improvements seem less acute.

Hopefully I'll continue to have improvements in the coming weeks.

I would recommend further testing in order to verify the purity of the NSI 189.

Edited by Raman, 05 May 2016 - 05:38 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4140 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 08:09 PM

tapered down over the past few days from 30mg bid (Freebase) to 10mg bid.   I feel like I'm having withdrawal symptoms.   I know people here said they've abruptly stopped it with no problems.   Headaches that advil doesn't touch, mood swings (I don't have these normally ever), hot and cold spells.    

I probably went down to 10mg too fast.

Mind you, these aren't too bad.   Nothing like coming off of effexor.  Holy shit, that was 2 weeks of hell.

• Disagree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)