NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4291 Laker33

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:17 PM

im 23 with memory problems , working minimum wage , with organization and math problem .

could this drug heal my brain and make me be able to get a degree in nursing or something ? 

#4292 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

I am not going to get into that argument again. But 198/101 with 100bpm at rest and not responding adequately to beta blockers for 48 hours is not to be ignored.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that it is somehow androgenic.Eight days after stopping and slightest physical effort gets me sweating heavily reminding me of when I was on Concerta but it is very slow acting as well. One more thing I have noticed is that I don't crave nicotine as much as I used to.

I doubt Paroxetine exacerbated my anxiety but I admit that I am particularly sensitive to develop anxiety in response to non-selective androgenic compounds.

I would like to hear from those with depression and not just dysthymia. Those who are on 10mg to see if such a low dosage has improved their depressive symptoms how long it took. I am really worried about my memory. Although I haven't been able to work for ten years now, I still read a lot and from time to time I suddenly lose the train of my thoughts and forget what I had been reading it is beginning to scare me. I am told that it is not degenerative but I don't believe them because I am also having difficulty remembering context appropriate vocabulary, although it has improved or at least it is not getting any worse since I stopped taking Concerta and started on testosterone therapy. Could that have contributed to the adverse reaction, specially that I have only just started and was given and loader only weeks of the 1st injection that should have lasted 12 weeks?

I was going to have a go with Rapastinel but there are so many more positive reports with NSI-189 that I changed my mind. I am exhausted with 25 years of depression and losing my memory scares the hell out of me.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4293 veemarty

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:43 PM

Hey stranglove,

I've sent you a PM with a few questions. Please get back to me when you can.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3

#4294 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:27 AM

Hi Babakk,

I sent you 1gram to try when I told you, sorry for the late follow up. I ll get back to you in a PM very soon.

Hi veemarty,

Sure, I ll get back to you later today.

Another experience from a member (Serengetion) that first tried NSI-189 a few months ago. We exchanged PMs, she was really in a very negative thinking loop after some terrible events. She was suffering from depression and PSTD. There is a good part of her story in a thread you can search here in Longecity with her username. The original post below, is from a NSI-189 and depression thread. She PM it to me, and I do not think she will mind, posting it again here.

"Hi all, I meant to get this posted over a month ago, but I'm so busy now with research activities on interests that intrigues me, I just felt like I don't have time, but I see I had to make the time right now.
I put up a post, I believe in Feb, this year, almost begging for some knowledge someone had that I didn't on what happened to me. It's in the mental health section. Anyway I messaged a member on here, got a bit of NSI-189 to try. The results for me have been outstanding beyond what I could have ever hoped for. Surely one may wonder, well maybe time that passed helped and I don't know but beg to differ. 
When I finished all I had, which was about the first of May, I can't begin to put into words the changes I have now, in my thinking, my outlook, my Intellect, I have realized so much like never before, I feel as though something switched on in my brain, I'm trying to word this best as I can, lol. But I feel so mentally strong now that I can take anything, it's just life, take it and move on. It has opened up interests that I never would have believed was in me, So those interests now have me seeking and searching proven relavent info on it and I just can't take enough of it in fast enough, lol. Stuff as, cognitive psychology and the whole human thought process, why we think the things we do, how evolution and natural selection brought our species into this, the whole universe and the realitization of the origins of life on earth. There are categories that go with each of these that I keep finding that is so amazing. Like I want to know all I can about it. For me this has been my life changer and to read my initial outcry for help, you'll see why."

• Cheerful x 2

#4295 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:07 AM

Interestingly, even the company itself seems to indicate that 90 days is needed for the medication to start to take effect. 

Where exactly does it say this about 90 days? Are you implying that from adding the four-week Phase 1b trial and by the eight-week follow-up period?

What would the community's advice be to someone who has been taking NSI for 4-6 weeks at 40 mg twice per day with no positive or negative effects, recently took about a week's break, but has a few weeks to a month of the substance still left. Any point persevering?

• Good Point x 1

#4296 irony

• 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:56 AM

Interestingly, even the company itself seems to indicate that 90 days is needed for the medication to start to take effect. S

“NSI-189 is a neurogenic compound in vitro and in vivo, which takes days-to-weeks to produce biological effects,” said Karl Johe, PhD, Neuralstem’s Chief Scientific Officer and discoverer of NSI-189. “Now, with the results in brain slices, we see that NSI-189 can directly and powerfully enhance brain functions in a few hours. This means that NSI-189 activates a specific molecular pathway within hours and its effect is cumulative over exposure time. I am confident that with this brain slice assay, along with our proprietary human hippocampal neural stem cell lines, we will be able to uncover the underlying molecular pathway.”

Edited by irony, 26 June 2016 - 04:57 AM.

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#4297 SandyRN

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Is NSI -189 available from a reputable supplier now? Most of these posts are from 4 years ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

#4298 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:14 PM

Is strangelove still supplying nsi189? Can someone please tell me where I can get this compound?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#4299 noni azure

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2016 - 11:24 PM

Hi everyone, I have 1 gram (minus one dose) of phosphate NSI-189 for sale. I got it from an Amazon seller for about $45. I would sell it for $30. I think it didn't go well with my system, so I hope someone else can use it well. PM me if you're interested. Thanks. Noni

• Well Written x 1
  • Off-Topic x 1

#4300 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2016 - 12:49 AM

Hi strangelove I sent you a PM interested in more of this compound. Please get back to me if you have any left. Thanks
Hi strangelove I sent you a PM interested in more of this compound. Please get back to me if you have any left. Thanks

#4301 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:31 AM

Is NSI -189 available from a reputable supplier now? Most of these posts are from 4 years ago. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Strangelove usually has it, it’s been verified to be the real McCoy at least twice, and he sells it at an extremely reasonable price. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no need to look anywhere else. I’ve been buying it from him exclusively for about a year now, and I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about the product, either in terms of its quality/purity or chemical authenticity. And no, he’s not giving me free product to shill for him. He’s just a very pleasant person to do business with, and I feel that he should get the recognition he deserves. Since he’s the only game in town right now, I hope he lives long and prospers. 

• Agree x 9

#4302 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 06:00 AM

If anyone could help me obtain some nsi please send me pm.

#4303 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

Strangelove usually has it, it’s been verified to be the real McCoy at least twice, and he sells it at an extremely reasonable price. As far as I’m concerned, there’s no need to look anywhere else. I’ve been buying it from him exclusively for about a year now, and I have absolutely no qualms whatsoever about the product, either in terms of its quality/purity or chemical authenticity. And no, he’s not giving me free product to shill for him. He’s just a very pleasant person to do business with, and I feel that he should get the recognition he deserves. Since he’s the only game in town right now, I hope he lives long and prospers. 

No I do not give you any free NSI-189, you actually, shipped me some free GTS-21 to get some feedback. It was very generous, sorry for taking so long to test it! I ll do it soon! From what I have read so far looks very promising.

Yes, third party tested NSI-189 is still available at the usual $24-$16/gram depending on quantity, shipping is included. PRL-8-53 is $15/gram half the price from what Ceretropic sell it.

• unsure x 1

#4304 ikaros

• 334 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:07 AM

I did 2 additional weeks on NSI-189 @ 2x40 mg per day (so overall 1.5 months on it), unfortunately I'm aborting this trial as my general mental well-being has further deteriorated on it to a point I cannot risk further experimentation. I cannot rule out other factors (maybe combination with 10 mg vortioxetine is not good), but I cannot afford to experiment here and will have to go for treatments that have previously worked for me to pull me out of this pit right now.

The main reasons for quitting it:

- increased depressive symptoms

- no improvement in cognition

- persistent fatigue (that comes and goes)

I do have slightly less anhedonia than before, but the dip in mood nevertheless nullifies this result. No other adverse events observed.

My NSI-189 was independently tested with MS and conforms to the desired product and purity over 99%, albeit I have no NMR data.

• WellResearched x 1

#4305 DSTiamat

• 23 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:43 AM

I did 2 additional weeks on NSI-189 @ 2x40 mg per day (so overall 1.5 months on it), unfortunately I'm aborting this trial as my general mental well-being has further deteriorated on it to a point I cannot risk further experimentation. I cannot rule out other factors (maybe combination with 10 mg vortioxetine is not good), but I cannot afford to experiment here and will have to go for treatments that have previously worked for me to pull me out of this pit right now.

The main reasons for quitting it:

- increased depressive symptoms

- no improvement in cognition

- persistent fatigue (that comes and goes)

I do have slightly less anhedonia than before, but the dip in mood nevertheless nullifies this result. No other adverse events observed.

My NSI-189 was independently tested with MS and conforms to the desired product and purity over 99%, albeit I have no NMR data.

Try to go lower, it is a bit of a strange compound, first time I used it at 2x 40mg daily it kicked in after about a month, until then I was maybe a bit more depressed and tired, second time I tried it at 40 mg/day it worsened my depression for the start but after kicking in (1 month aproxx) I feel good now. It should not have an immediate effect (for better or worse, If neuroregeneration is its MOA ), but many users report  some effects immediately(  try 40 mg once or even 20 mg once a day, looks like in my case the immediate effect is a deepening of depression but after some weeks the neuroregenartive effect kicks in and it feels really ok( also lowered the dose). Sad that we don't really know its precise MOA, its effects differ from person to person, some feel nothing for the start, some get even more depressed, for some it is working ok acutely, others have to wait some weeks.

Edited by DSTiamat, 28 June 2016 - 11:47 AM.

#4306 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

For what it's worth, I had extremely bad anxiety reactions the first time I tried it at 40mgx2. I mean, I want to scream and run in circles anxiety!

So I started again a 10mg x 1 (approx, red scoop pressed against side of bag, level).

I've slowly worked up to 40mgx2, recently moved up to this level - I always get a bit of anxiety when changing dosages. However, after I've adjusted it actually CONTROLS my normal anxiety without making me stupid, like most anticholingergics, valium and the like would do. My memory improves to what I believe is a normal level, and I'm ok.

It may also help to use a modest amount of methylcoblamin or perhaps hydroxocobalamin (B-12 and B-9, active forms) and folate (not folic acid), but methylfolate. Douglas labs makes a good sublingual combination pills, but there are many others; if it truly encourages neurogenesis, you'll likely need those vitamins anyway.

#4307 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

I am not going to get into that argument again. But 198/101 with 100bpm at rest and not responding adequately to beta blockers for 48 hours is not to be ignored.

From Neuralstem March 2016 presentation

Norepinephrine transporter IC50 (µM) for NSI-189

1.1   μM

http://molpharm.aspe...t/66/3/675.full

Racemic bupropion and hydroxybupropion inhibit [3H]norepinephrine (NE) uptake with similar potency (IC50 values of 1.9 and 1.7 μM, respectively)

NE uptake inhibition is probably bupropion's main mechanism, it doesn't raise dopamine levels in human's when taken normally, since it get's processed to hydroxybupropion so fast in first pass, this is probably why junkies needle or snort it. 

https://en.wikipedia...harmacodynamics

The half maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) is a measure of the effectiveness of a substance in inhibiting a specific biological or biochemical function.

The smaller the IC50, the more potent it is,  for atomoxetine IC50 for NET is 0.031   μM.

So as NE reuptake inhibitor bupropion is also kinda weak.

Also IC50 are for in vitro, in vivo might differ somewhat.

Some people have had hypertensive crisis from bupropion, so I don't think it is surprising that with those IC50 NET numbers someone might get some side effects from NSI-189

http://www.addforums...ead.php?t=66914

I just wanted to warn people about the ability Bupropion has to cause a serious hypertensive crisis in those without pre-existing physical health conditions. I'm a 22 year old male with no prior physical health conditions or allergies, and I was prescribed brand name Zyban, the same manufacturer that makes Wellbutrin, for depression and ADHD. After being on 150 mg a day for a week, I went up to 150 mg twice a day, and on my second day on 150 mg, I felt like my heart was going to explode out of my chest, and had a hypertensive crisis that required administration at the emergency section of an antihypertensive agent with a sedative. About eight months later I thought I would give it another go, but would not exceed 150 mg a day, and after my ninth day, I developed hypertension again, although not as serious, I noticed my heart thudding exceptionally hard once again and am going to stop. I have overdosed on amphetamines before (for recreational purposes) and it wasn’t nearly as bad without the need for hypertensive treatment, only a sedative. Just be wary of this, as it can be serious. Shame it couldn’t work for me, and I wasn't taking other medications.

Edited by Finn, 30 June 2016 - 04:43 AM.

#4308 Seeker of Truth

• 10 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hi, I recently got the NSI-189 1 gram. And so far, so good! Works better than anything else I've tried for my cognition, atypical depression, and fatigue issues and I've tried a lot of things. I even slowly jogged for a bit the other day without stopping. Has it helped anyone with anxiety? I have really bad anxiety, and I haven't yet figured out how to re-wire that pathway in my brain.

I also was wondering how we are supposed to take it, as in, should we cycle it? I develop tolerances to medications very quickly so was thinking I should do this. I may be getting a monday-friday job though, so this could be hard, but I've heard the effects of NSI remain even after you've stopped taking it.  What do you reccomend?

And my 3rd question, I'm about to by the oregano and grapeseed oil to try and treat my suspected chronic infections, and was wondering if they treat parasites as well as bacteria?

Sincerely,

SoT

#4309 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hi, 

It is me again. As I have mentioned before I suffer from MDD which was probably brought about as a consequence of undiagnosed ADHD (still a misnomer in my mind) in my childhood. I have also mentioned that my CT scans show that I have suffered brain atrophy more than what would have been expected for my age (57) and dilation of ventricles . This could have been because of years of treatment on Olanzapine, ECT, other medication or just depression.

Anyway I was diagnosed with ADHD a few years ago but the side effects of Concerta (or dealing with them using beta-blockers and other stuff) made it impossible for me to continue with it and I was found to have testosterone deficiency as well (again could have been long term consequence of medication). So despite the initial considerable improvements in the end it got so bad that my memory and spacial cognition were severely affected.

Anyway despite my previous bad experience with NSI-189, I decided to give it a go and started on 20mg Phosphate instead of freebase (orally) because I am desparate. I still get anxiety and headache but it is so far manageable.

I wanted to ask:

1) How long do I have to wait before I can expect a discernible effect (extinguishable from placebo)?

2) I don't pretend to be very knowledgeable but from all the years of suffering, medication and various diagnosis I am pretty sure that I have some sort of dopamine deficiency but not only that. I think my brain tends to convert dopamine to norepineprhine too quickly. This is probably why I had so much side effect with Concerta. My anxiety is also probably related to the same issue. So I am not sure if just an dopamine agonist would help. Cannabis has been the one to which I seem to respond best but even with cannabinoids (even at very low quantities) I still get some anxiety which gets out of hands over several days. SSRIs tend to help but only very slightly and then I quickly go the other way and become emotionally flat and exacerbate my anhedonia. I have come across references to this problem here and there and I fit the most of the other listed related symptoms. So I wanted to know what could downgrade dopamine to epinephrine conversion. Otherwise I fear that given long half life of NSI-189 my anxiety and palpitation will reappear their ugly head again before I get the benefits. 

I had a really bad reaction to Olanzapine which basically deadened me completely and damaging my spacial cognition probably by destroying what little dopamine I can naturally produce and properly process. All other dopamine agonists push up my norepinephrine levels that then tend to manifest itself as anxiety and/or palpitation rather helping me focus.

#4310 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 July 2016 - 06:45 AM

For what it's worth, I had extremely bad anxiety reactions the first time I tried it at 40mgx2. I mean, I want to scream and run in circles anxiety!

So I started again a 10mg x 1 (approx, red scoop pressed against side of bag, level).

I've slowly worked up to 40mgx2, recently moved up to this level - I always get a bit of anxiety when changing dosages. However, after I've adjusted it actually CONTROLS my normal anxiety without making me stupid, like most anticholingergics, Valium and the like would do. My memory improves to what I believe is a normal level, and I'm ok.

It may also help to use a modest amount of methylcoblamin or perhaps hydroxocobalamin (B-12 and B-9, active forms) and folate (not folic acid), but methylfolate. Douglas labs makes a good sublingual combination pills, but there are many others; if it truly encourages neurogenesis, you'll likely need those vitamins anyway.

I needed to edit this a bit, and note that I had a pre-existing anxiety condition, which was at first worsened but then ended up better than before, and mostly under control.

#4311 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:35 AM

Hey strangelove, I'd like to purchase some of your nsi 189. Please respond to my personal message.

Edited by Blackkzeus, 05 July 2016 - 07:36 AM.

#4312 cheezburger

• 21 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2016 - 01:26 PM

Hey strangelove, I'd like to purchase some of your nsi 189. Please respond to my personal message.

Me too!

Edited by cheezburger, 05 July 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#4313 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

Hi Guys,

Sorry there is some issue the way PMs are listed, some times I am getting new messages further down, where you find the old ones. The few times I do not scroll down I miss them.

Third party tested NSI-189 phosphate is again available ($24-$16/gram) this is my third and final batch.

In case there is more bulk phosphate available (I do not think so) I ll third party test it again. 

Edited by Strangelove, 06 July 2016 - 06:18 PM.

• Ill informed x 1

#4314 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2016 - 11:26 PM

Hey SL, you'll be stopping supply of NSI soon? Wondering on alternatives when thats the case

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#4315 platelicker

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:58 PM

Strange:

Please check for a PM from moi !

Thanks man!

#4316 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:01 AM

I know that the NSI phosphate tastes disgusting and is formulated for oral administration. That said, would it be effective to administer the phosphate form sublingually? Does something in this formulation prevent sublingual absorption?

I do not science much.

#4317 dreamwolf

• 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:56 PM

Is there a trusted source within the US?  PM with details.

#4318 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

Does anyone know if NSI-189 phosphate can be dosed sublingual?

#4319 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:26 PM

Hey SL, you'll be stopping supply of NSI soon? Wondering on alternatives when thats the case

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, I am not planning to stop providing NSI-189.

I have now on hand the last large batch of NSI-189 (phosphate) that is probably available for bulk purchase anywhere.

There is one other source, but is the one I tested before and had issues with purity, as I mentioned a few months ago.

I have had discussions for a possible new relatively cheap synthesis if more phosphate is needed, there is a lot freebase available from my current source.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4320 r4ndom

• 5 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:43 PM

Hey strangelove, sent you a PM
  • Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users