* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4471 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

Except from the recent paypal issue, I am having a far more serious family health issue. I do not even have the NSI-189 with me, I am far away from home visiting a hospital and I do not know how often I ll log in the following days. I have only a couple envelopes that I still have not shipped to two other members and thats it for now, sorry.

#4472 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:22 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out OK for you. Keep in touch via PM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4473 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:32 AM

I finally received NSI-189 phosphate from China(PRC). The item is bright white fine dry powder with extremely bitter taste, almost nauseating. Is it legit?

#4474 bitborg

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:27 AM

Hoping for all the best strangelove.
  • like x 1

#4475 Meggo

• 93 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:40 AM

All the best. 

• like x 1

#4476 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 06:26 AM

@strangelove may your family member get well soon!

• like x 1

#4477 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, I really hope your family-member get better. : (

I know that feeling - I've been in that hospital, looking on, not being able to do anything. It sucks.

• like x 1

#4478 zompy

• 56 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:06 PM

All the best Strangelove, I actually wanted to PM you today because my last batch of NSI is empty now and it was awesome. If I am correct you are not (never?) going to sell NSI again? If Paypal is a problem I would recommend Bitcoins for its anonimous system. 

Any way I can NSI now? Someone? (Heisenburger I know you're into this stuff lol, any recommendations?)

• like x 1

#4479 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:31 PM

All the best Strangelove, I actually wanted to PM you today because my last batch of NSI is empty now and it was awesome. If I am correct you are not (never?) going to sell NSI again? If Paypal is a problem I would recommend Bitcoins for its anonimous system. 

Any way I can NSI now? Someone? (Heisenburger I know you're into this stuff lol, any recommendations?)

What sort of recommendations do you want?

Anyways, I would say a good basic stack for NSI is what I'm already doing:

Omega-3

Magnesium-L-Threonate

Tianeptine

Add or switch Tianeptine with Noopept at your own discretion.

On another note - what do we figure the PRICE of the released, packaged and controlled mainstream official version of NSI-189 will be? I'm guessing because of patents, Neuralstem will be looking to make their money back (which they definitely will - no question about it), so I'm thinking sickeningly high - similar to Atomoxetine and Intuniv, or perhaps Modafinil, pre-generics.

Yikes...! I'm thinking a box will cost at least 75 US dollars!

#4480 rc_ich

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:40 PM

I'm waiting for my NSI and don't know what to expect. Do you find that the stack has a definitive benefit towards your mood, concentration and social activity?

I already use Tianeptine and Omega-3, but I find it's hit and miss in regards to the days it actually works for me.

What sort of recommendations do you want?

Anyways, I would say a good basic stack for NSI is what I'm already doing:

Omega-3

Magnesium-L-Threonate

Tianeptine

Add or switch Tianeptine with Noopept at your own discretion.

On another note - what do we figure the PRICE of the released, packaged and controlled mainstream official version of NSI-189 will be? I'm guessing because of patents, Neuralstem will be looking to make their money back (which they definitely will - no question about it), so I'm thinking sickeningly high - similar to Atomoxetine and Intuniv, or perhaps Modafinil, pre-generics.

Yikes...! I'm thinking a box will cost at least 75 US dollars!

#4481 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

NSI-189 definitely has benefits towards my social activity and mood - my concentration however, actually seems... a little bit worse! I have CDD and some symptoms of ADHD as well, however - so your reaction may not be the same as mine.

One thing you need to take into account however, is to go slow with this - anxiety seems to be dose-dependent, and for whatever reason, it seems like a lot of us CAN'T handle 40 mg right off the bat - you gotta' ween yourself ON this drug, instead of off.

(haven't felt any discontinuation-symptoms when not taking it, nothing whatsoever. And I am sensitive to such things.)

The Tianeptine seems to smooth out the issues I have with anxiety, which NSI-189 DEFINITIVELY exacerbate. It's also seemingly a non-interactive adjunct, having been used by multiple people on Longecity and Reddit - pretty much everyone seems to agree they play well with each other, so, a bit like Noopept, but not quite as good.

The Omega-3 is just to generally upregulate choline and to give your brain looaads of BUILDING-MATERIAL! : D As you know, the brain is a big blob of fat - Omega-3 in high dosage, actually upregulates BDNF which implies that Omega-3 fats are indeed an important part of the metabolism underlying neurogenesis. ( it's actually composed to a great deal out of none other than Omega-3 fats...!)

The Mag-LT will be the real kicker... if my anxiety is based around hyperactivity of NMDA-neurons in the Hippocampus, which the increased anxiety caused by NSI seems to imply, then MagLT MAY inhibit just the right part. God knows I need some extra magnesium as well.

Supposedly, Noopept works by modulating activity in the Hippocampus - this then implies that the method to which Noopept inhibits NSI-189 -induced anxiety is through a similar mechanism to Mag-LT.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 29 September 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#4482 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

NSI-189 definitely has benefits towards my social activity and mood - my concentration however, actually seems... a little bit worse! I have CDD and some symptoms of ADHD as well, however - so your reaction may not be the same as mine.

One thing you need to take into account however, is to go slow with this - anxiety seems to be dose-dependent, and for whatever reason, it seems like a lot of us CAN'T handle 40 mg right off the bat - you gotta' ween yourself ON this drug, instead of off.

(haven't felt any discontinuation-symptoms when not taking it, nothing whatsoever. And I am sensitive to such things.)

The Tianeptine seems to smooth out the issues I have with anxiety, which NSI-189 DEFINITIVELY exacerbate. It's also seemingly a non-interactive adjunct, having been used by multiple people on Longecity and Reddit - pretty much everyone seems to agree they play well with each other, so, a bit like Noopept, but not quite as good.

The Omega-3 is just to generally upregulate choline and to give your brain looaads of BUILDING-MATERIAL! : D As you know, the brain is a big blob of fat - Omega-3 in high dosage, actually upregulates BDNF which implies that Omega-3 fats are indeed an important part of the metabolism underlying neurogenesis. ( it's actually composed to a great deal out of none other than Omega-3 fats...!)

The Mag-LT will be the real kicker... if my anxiety is based around hyperactivity of NMDA-neurons in the Hippocampus, which the increased anxiety caused by NSI seems to imply, then MagLT MAY inhibit just the right part. God knows I need some extra magnesium as well.

Supposedly, Noopept works by modulating activity in the Hippocampus - this then implies that the method to which Noopept inhibits NSI-189 -induced anxiety is through a similar mechanism to Mag-LT.

Your main sideeffects seems to be anxiety. Interesting since i never had anxiety with NSI 189 but fury and pain if overdosed, happens fast if you use phosphate sublingual.

#4483 theCLK

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:57 PM

Take care Strangelove! 

If anyone else has any NSI Freebase they are willing to sell (or know a good seller) , maybe came from Strangelove's batch - would be very happy to buy some off you. This stuff has really been really quite wonderful..

#4484 EhOhEl

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:28 PM

Hi, I am looking for a legit vendor at a reasonable price for nsi it appears strangelove was a good one but no longer selling. You can also find me on Reddit same username, just based off info I found the best place to look would be here. Thanks

#4485 Yaguare44

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:11 PM

All the best to you and your family Strangelove.

Yea i am interested in some NSI or a legit source too.

#4486 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:11 PM

Sorry to hear about all this Strangelove! my prayers go out to you and your family.

I had to visit the bay for some freebase, fingers crossed it is legit.

Nearly a month and I'm now noticing the infamous peripheral anxiety creeping in if I go over 20mg dose at a time. Like on friday (2 x 30mg dose) one of the lecturers was in a foul mood and started screaming at someone for chatting and that made me feel really uneasy and had the urge to just leave and go home. Then really tired from not sleeping well yesterday so after 2 x 25mg had an emotional roller coaster of a day where I was laughing my head off while watching old GG on netflix one minute then crying on the phone when my friend called to tell me she lost her job.

I am now going with twice daily dosages of:

20mg phosphate

12mg tianeptine sodium (happily it synergises and feels really good taking them together)

15mg noopept (its a challenge trying to sense what its doing except for the slightly improved mental clarity)

100mg modafinil for long days or early starts (I don't like drinking coffee)

Add 20mg coluracetam on weekends and 20mg fasoracetan on weekdays.

Heaps of Vit C, B complex, fishoil, eggs (choline), Mg, the usual jazz..

#4487 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:30 PM

But HOLD...! I just found this little nugget... NMDA-activity in the hippocampus is related to ANXIETY!! God-damn... this means... Magnesium-L-Threonate... it WILL abolish ALL anxiety caused by NSI...!

I'm a friggin' genius you guys! = ) So, everyone with NSI-induced anxiety - get some Magnesium-L-Threonate! That, or Memantine.

Hippocampal NMDA receptors and anxiety: At the interface between cognition and emotion

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2824088/

Sure, the threonate improves BBB crossover but wouldn't you be able to achieve the same result via glycinated or chelated Mg? (the joys of having a tight budget..)

#4488 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:16 PM

On another note: I've really started getting the benefits of MagLT and Tianeptine 10-20 mg 3x daily now. Anxiety and mood is far more stable - I've therefore increased NSI-189 to 40 mg once again, and I seem to be stable this time around.

Energy and motivation is up - I've broken my 4 kilometer limit running today, all thanks to that.

But HOLD...! I just found this little nugget... NMDA-activity in the hippocampus is related to ANXIETY!! God-damn... this means... Magnesium-L-Threonate... it WILL abolish ALL anxiety caused by NSI...!

I'm a friggin' genius you guys! = ) So, everyone with NSI-induced anxiety - get some Magnesium-L-Threonate! That, or Memantine.

Hippocampal NMDA receptors and anxiety: At the interface between cognition and emotion

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2824088/

Sure, the threonate improves BBB crossover but wouldn't you be able to achieve the same result via glycinated or chelated Mg? (the joys of having a tight budget..)

Sure, in theory - however, in practise it appears as if Threonate is still better - the anxiolytic and NMDA-properties of Magnesium have long been known, but studies with supplementation have shown little result among patients, unless you started doing dangerously high power-doses. (a bit like with lithium - you need fucking power-doses with carbonate, but much, much less with orotate)

I believe the Cambridge-guys who invented MagLT did so because of this - they trialed various Mg-compounds to try and treat Alzheimers, and then they finally found one... Supposedly the effects are somewhat similar to NitroMemantine - it actually causes synaptic growth. (with Nitromem this is almost instantaneously, but MagLT needs some time to build in your brain before the effects start - it's not instantaneous, the way I thought it would be - it takes a while.)

However, you are darn right about the costs of MagLT!

It's pretty friggin' horrendous...! As such, depending on rebates, I actually do think you might be right considering Glycinate - just use a higher dose. It might still be more cost-efficient, depending on the source-price.

You can read more about MagLT and why it would work in this reference-list:

Efficacy and Safety of MMFS-01, a Synapse Density Enhancer, for Treating Cognitive Impairment in Older Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26519439

Enhancement of Learning and Memory by Elevating Brain Magnesium
http://www.cell.com/...47?showall=true

Elevation of brain magnesium prevents synaptic loss and reverses cognitive deficits in Alzheimer's disease mouse model.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25213836

Magnesium Status in Alzheimer's Disease: A Systematic Review.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26351088

Copper delivery to the CNS by CuATSM effectively treats motor neuron disease in SOD(G93A) mice co-expressing the Copper-Chaperone-for-SOD.
https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26826269

Anxiety and the NMDA-network:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2824088/

Hippocampal synaptic plasticity, spatial memory and anxiety
http://www.nature.co...bs/nrn3677.html

• Informative x 1

#4489 aminorex

• 8 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:31 PM

Changzhou Confucius Biotechnologies...

...get it tested (not that easy and perhaps too expensive) for true peace of mind and report here if possible. I don't think they would send anything dangerous but perhaps with mediocre purity, who knows?

Probably the cheapest and easiest test is melting point.  Solubility is also easy and cheap to do yourself.  Spectography typically requires 300mg of material and $500 for a full range of diagnostics - ne or can anyone recommend a good lab?  My concern would be getting shipped some random powder they had on hand instead of the desired compound.

Edited by aminorex, 04 October 2016 - 02:32 PM.

#4490 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 04:16 PM

FWIW I had the powder (not nsi-189, but another 'brain health' powder) I bought from Shanghai Soyoung (on alibaba) tested, result was fine, as tested by "Energy Control" in Barcelona (60€, they require 50mg).

• like x 1

#4491 fntms

• 318 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:36 PM

ps: they carry nsi as well

#4492 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:29 AM

...get it tested (not that easy and perhaps too expensive) for true peace of mind and report here if possible. I don't think they would send anything dangerous but perhaps with mediocre purity, who knows?

Probably the cheapest and easiest test is melting point.  Solubility is also easy and cheap to do yourself.  Spectography typically requires 300mg of material and $500 for a full range of diagnostics - ne or can anyone recommend a good lab?  My concern would be getting shipped some random powder they had on hand instead of the desired compound.

Would an offline read of raw data be suitable if I did a spectro analysis of NSI-189 at my uni lab? Unless someone knows what analytical template or parameters to set the sample run for. I am really nervous about getting this compound from China without having it tested by myself or paying for someone to do it.

#4493 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:20 AM

Would an offline read of raw data be suitable if I did a spectro analysis of NSI-189 at my uni lab? Unless someone knows what analytical template or parameters to set the sample run for. I am really nervous about getting this compound from China without having it tested by myself or paying for someone to do it.

Both the chemical structure and the spectrographic data should be available somewhere here... I know that ScienceGuy had a spectrographic analysis done, and had some really knowledgable guys here take a look at the results - and it matched the molecular peaks which the structure hinted at it having.

Here's the molecule at least:

https://pubchem.ncbi...ompound/nsi-189

Let's see if we can't dig up that ol' Spectography-test as well! = )

#4494 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:50 PM

I just did some Cambridge Brainsciences testing today - a fairly bad day when it comes to it - lots of brainfog, lots of fatigue, lots of anxiety.

Here are my results, which are pre-nsi-189 and post.

1/9 - 2016
------------

Notes: trace amounts of Mirtazapine in blood.
Memory
------
Spatial Span: 6
Monkey Ladder: 6
Digit Span: 6
Paired Associates: 4

Reasoning
---------
Double Trouble: -3
Grammatical Reasoning: 20
Object Reasoning: 8
Odd One Out: 9

Concentration
-------------
Rotations: 78
Polygons: 30
Feature Match: 90

Planning
---------
Spatial Planning: 3
Spatial Search: 3
Spatial Slider: 4

6/10 - 2016
------------
Notes: NSI-189 25 mg, Tianeptine 20 mg, MagLT 667 x 2 mg

Memory
-------
Spatial Span: 5
Monkey Ladder: 7
Digit Span: 7
Paired Associates: 6

Reasoning
----------
Double Trouble: 23
Grammatical Reasoning: 15
Object Reasoning: 4
Odd One Out: 10

Concentration
--------------
Rotations: 30
Polygons: 39
Feature Match: 90

Planning
---------
Spatial Planning: 15
Spatial Search: 7
Spatial Slider: 24

In addition to this, I can proclaim that shortly prior to the september cambridge-test I did a MADRS-S test, showing a depressive score of 30 - severely depressed.

Two weeks after NSI-189 treatment began I did another MADRS-S test, showing a score of 20! That's quite the improvement.

The cognitive testing I did today however, paints a curious story... some regions are MASSIVELY enhanced, some are MASSIVELY impaired, and some regions of cognition are completely unaltered - no change.

Gentlemen, what are your conclusions from this data?

Is NSI-189 anxiogenic, hence dragging down the MADRS-S scores? Hells yes.

Does it require anxiolytics? Hells yes.

Am I currently taking 3.3 GRAMS worth of an NMDA-antagonist to control the anxiety? Hells yes! Magnesium-L-Threonate - works like a charm, when I dose it to the point of sedation and brainfog, otherwise it doesn't seem to help.

Could the impairments be caused by non-selective NMDA-antagonism? Hells yes...

F*ck it... Any suggestions here? I'm continously bringing the dose down and then up a bit again with this - seems I REALLY can't take any more than 20 mg worth of NSI-189 - anything higher and I seem to go haywire.

What I don't understand is how some of you seem to be doing f***ing POWER-doses of NSI, yet NOT experiencing these negative effects?? Fatigue, energy-variance, and ultimately, a lot of anxiety - mood is terrible right now as well - I feel IMMENSELY aggressive, to the point of murder, almost.

Hmm... I have an unusual mutation to my CYP2D6-ensymes, causing me to be an ULTRA-SLOW metabolizer... Could NSI-189 be metabolised by CYP2D6? Could I be overshooting my therapeutic window with a million-miles wide scope??

20 mg ONCE daily is NOT supposed to be the optimal dose... 20 mg TWICE daily is supposed - and some are taking insane amounts of 40 x 3 mg per day and not getting problems.

THIS DOES NOT COMPUTE!

Can anything regarding metabolism of this drug be gained from the structure? How is Nicotinamide metabolised, for instance?

#4495 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2016 - 03:57 PM

I just did some Cambridge Brainsciences testing today - a fairly bad day when it comes to it - lots of brainfog, lots of fatigue, lots of anxiety.

Did you do just 2 measurements? I'm not familiar with Cambridge Brainsciences, but way back when i got interested in supplements (3 years ago) i did some testing with Quantified Mind and noticed that :

1. the results fluctuated a lot from day to day and even most importantly at different times of day.

2. there was test training bias, that the worst result was in the very first test and then improved with test retaking.

So, is that NSI-189 worth taking for you? I considered that, but tried tianeptine first instead.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#4496 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2016 - 04:54 PM

Did you do just 2 measurements? I'm not familiar with Cambridge Brainsciences, but way back when i got interested in supplements (3 years ago) i did some testing with Quantified Mind and noticed that :

1. the results fluctuated a lot from day to day and even most importantly at different times of day.

2. there was test training bias, that the worst result was in the very first test and then improved with test retaking.

So, is that NSI-189 worth taking for you? I considered that, but tried tianeptine first instead.

Mostly only one round of testing per measurement-day, but sometimes I had an abnormally low number at first round, like the one where you adjust numbers in sequence, got like 0!, so then I realized that's impossible so I redid that one - lo' and behold, all of a sudden I have a 20-times higher score!

Still, some things are different at least. Difference this time is that I did the test in the morning, last time was in the evening, and I am SOOO not a morning-person - I'm always more active, more harmonious, more productive, in the evening.

I'll redo the test in two weeks again, this time, in the evening.

On another note - after adding 20 mg Vyvanse and taking a walk in nature my mood and cognition improved many-fold - the fatigue really seems to do a number on my issues - I just hate being tired and improductive it seems! I am now no longer abnormally murderous. = )

I rather regret giving away all of my perscription Modafinil to a friend with chronic fatigue from stroke now... I recall using it for 3 days with NSI-189 and the results were phenomenal...!

Oh well. He can't get a perscription, because of the issues of our health-care system, but I can get a new one - my Doc actually said it won't be a prob', once my medical journals arrive at her office.

I would say, overall, yes, NSI-189 is still worth - but it's hair-trigger fine line... this substance is both immensely potent, and immensely varying in effect - you never know what your day is going to be like.

#4497 rc_ich

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:06 AM

Do you guys find NSI-189 hinders or enhances your cognition/learning ability?

This is the main reason I've made my purchase - tried 20mg, but was hit with brain fog unfortunately.

Could 40mg perhaps create the effects I'm looking for? I'm hoping for better focus, concentration and memory.

Also, are the anti-depression effects as good as they're set out to be - at 40mg?

#4498 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2016 - 12:17 PM

Do you guys find NSI-189 hinders or enhances your cognition/learning ability?

This is the main reason I've made my purchase - tried 20mg, but was hit with brain fog unfortunately.

Could 40mg perhaps create the effects I'm looking for? I'm hoping for better focus, concentration and memory.

Also, are the anti-depression effects as good as they're set out to be - at 40mg?

This is hard to answer - I would say that NSI-189 seems to have enhanced SOME parts of my cognition (have a look at my test-results from Cambridge Brain Sciences), but impaired others.

The reason for this of course, is that the effects are highly varying - I'm not sure why this is, sometimes I get WORSE fatigue and brainfog than normal, but other times it clears me up and gives me an astonishing boost.

What I can only guess, is that it depends on what stage of your neurogenesis you are in - if it's doing a lot of building at the time, well then you're set back - like when your sick and your body is trying to rebuild itself, or like the feeling after a very grueling physical training exercise - your body saves on energy to some things, in order to put more energy into self-repair.

I would say the anti-depressant effects are just as good as advertised - it's the real deal. However, the dosing is another thing entirely... the 40 mg once daily regimen found to be optimal, ISN'T necessarily optimal...!

It's like any other drug - there are individual body-chemistry differences which changes which dosing-strategy you need.

For instance, I would say bloody 20 mg, half the dose...!, is the best for me. Good stuff.

For others, 40 is good, but for yet even more others, 40 x 3 mg is the best...! 0_o

That's a whoppin' 120 mg per day there, dude...!

It of course also depends on how ill you are - if you've got a severely damaged brain, then you're gonna' need a good dose.

• Agree x 1

#4499 IP3

• 101 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 03:47 PM

Did nsi enchanced your motivation?
Currently I am taking tianeptine and bromantane but it seems that they popped out. Do you find other source, than strangelove?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4500 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 04:43 PM

I never heard of Tianeptine before, but I'm also a little inhibited to try another substance. Can you compare it to NSI 189? Motivation is a good point, to much "unreal" happiness slows you down.

side effect

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users