NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#4891 Alyosha

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

Lunast and Stinkorninjor, please be more careful in the advice you give others. If you speak like this to someone who is in a bad state of mind (and is sufficiently suggestible), then the potential damage that advice like this can cause is certainly nontrivial.

• like x 1

#4892 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Alyosha,

If you had thoroughly read my post, you would have seen that at no time did I give any specific recommendations as far as what medication the poster should take. I was simply saying that the symptoms described sound extremely similar to those of a bipolar individual experiencing a mixed episode and that this should be looked into via a psyche doctor.
If you do not have anything more helpful than that to add to the discussion, I would suggest standing back from it.
I will not sit idly by while someone could be potentially approaching the horrific pitfalls have endured if I can help.
I'm not saying that the poster indeed has bipolar. But I will say that the vast majority of sufferers are in strong denial about their symptoms for years.
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4893 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 January 2017 - 07:50 PM

Restarting my NSI-189 regimen today. Previously was using 1 - 4 scoops sublingually, lightly packed and scraped off, to no avail. (I haven't bought a scale yet. Really need one.) Don't recall any cognitive benefit from the NSI and there was definitely no mood enhancement but it did reduce my need for sleep which was kinda nice.  :) I was working quite well on 4-5 hours per night.

So this morning I went the admittedly irresponsible route of taking 2 scoops, lightly packed and scraped off nasally. Yes, I snorted it. I have a hard time keeping powders under my tongue for more than a minute or 2.

About 2 minutes later I had this small rush and felt incredibly vibrant. Definitely wasn't expecting that! It was almost like I was buzzing with energy and had a good deal of mellow feeling, positive emotions. Is this what other people have been experiencing with their NSI supplementation? If so, I was probably under-dosing previously and thought it was bunk, at least for me. If that's the NSI experience, I'm definitely back on board. And I can see why people stack this with Vorinostat. It makes perfect sense. It would make creating a positive and energetic baseline quite easy.

Will probably stay off the NSI until Friday morning so I can stack with the Vorinostat. Don't want to use Vorinostat too often but excited to try the combination.  :-D

Edited by LiveWell, 18 January 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#4894 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

Has anyone stacked bromantane with NSI? I ran out of my NSI supply about 8 days ago, waiting for the next bunch to come in the mail. In the meantime got some bromantane and have been running it with 25mg tianeptine sulfate BID. Pleasantly surprised with bromantane, beautiful increase in motivation to get things done, with a pleasant mood boost. Wondering if anyone has mixed NSI with this and its safety?

#4895 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:02 PM

never heard of that substance but after a quick readup it sounds extremely interesting. sorry ive nothing to add but i will be following with interest!

#4896 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Any issues with combining NSI-189 with P21 and/or Semax (N-Acetyl-Amidate version)?

#4897 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:17 AM

I have used NSI-189 with Bromantane many times now as an alternative stimulant to Modafinil or even caffeine. It does the job nicely by keeping me feeling perky throughout the day without feeling fatigued but you really have to be active to notice it.

N-Acetyl-Semax-Amidate is also on my morning stack because I find that its anxiologic properties compliments NSI-189 nicely. I am using Selank now but don't find that quite as effective.

PRL-8-53 is still one of my favourite compounds to mix in with NSI-189 for synergy if used only for 2-3 days at a time and followed by a much needed break.

#4898 Alex Willson

• 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hi

I have been taking NSI for 14 days now and haven't really seen any effects yet, but I guess that is to be expected. For several days I felt a lot of fatigue,but I think I have seen the last of it as it has worn off.

When should I expect to see the benefits start kicking in? Around 4 weeks? Also I have around a 3 months supply. Should I do it for a month take a week off and repeat.

Also to get the full effects how long should I take it for? i.e. a year. And when do I know if it has done its work.

My hippocampus has diminished severely because of depression/anxiety over the years, but it would be good to know when it is in a healthy state and I wondered how long it takes to recover using NSI. Happy to wait, but would appreciate any advice.

If anyone can offer any suggestions for improving concentration/memory long term I would be very grateful. Thanks again and sorry for all the questions!

#4899 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

TL;DR: You test yourself - through diagnostic tests and cognitive statistics - then you'll be able to see long-term changes, if there are any.

Hi

I have been taking NSI for 14 days now and haven't really seen any effects yet, but I guess that is to be expected. For several days I felt a lot of fatigue,but I think I have seen the last of it as it has worn off.

1. When should I expect to see the benefits start kicking in? Around 4 weeks? Also I have around a 3 months supply. Should I do it for a month take a week off and repeat.

2. Also to get the full effects how long should I take it for? i.e. a year. And when do I know if it has done its work.

3. My hippocampus has diminished severely because of depression/anxiety over the years, but it would be good to know when it is in a healthy state and I wondered how long it takes to recover using NSI. Happy to wait, but would appreciate any advice.

If anyone can offer any suggestions for improving concentration/memory long term I would be very grateful. Thanks again and sorry for all the questions!

1. At least week 3 or 4 - most people get the true benefits after 4 weeks. You should take it until you notice that you don't have depression any more - trust me, you'll notice it. Try a MADRS test after week 4 to check if you have less points. And no, you shouldn't take it for just one month and then stop taking it - if you notice that it's working, then you keep going until your entire supply is out.

2. I believe the tests showing efficacy is no longer than 3-4 months, and that seems to be about the time people stay on it and have the good effects - it may not be necessary to stay on it for a whole full year, but you do need a couple of months at least - maybe 6 months, to be certain. You'll know when it's done its work if you notice that you haven't been having negative thoughts for a whole good month or so - and when you check your MADRS score, and notice that it's been consistently low for several tests in a row.

In general, if the MADRS score shows you being health with one month in-between the two test-points, then you'll know that you're A-OK.

3. See above - test yourself continously with MADRS, with at least two weeks between the test-points, and you should be able to see the results.

You can also try out the cognitive test-battery on Cambridge Brain-Sciences right now, and then check your results again, in one months time - if your cognition has improved as well as your mood, you'll know your neural health has improved.

Here are links to the MADRS test as well as Cambridge Cognitive Testing:

http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/

https://en.wikipedia...on_Rating_Scale

(you could of course use the HAMD-test as well, but the good thing about MADRS is that it's designed to be used while on an anti-depressant, so it'll show changes only if you're really getting better - it needs big changes to move the needle, so to speak)

• Unfriendly x 1

#4900 Alex Willson

• 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:17 AM

Thanks I really appreciate your help. I will try out the test tomorrow and then check in a months time.

I'm most concerned with improving my hippocampus and concentration/memory.

On the topic of neurogenesis and BDNF what have people found to improve their brain?

Here are a few things that supposedly help

Exercise - I understand this needs to be aerobic activity and get your heart going. How long do you have to do this for to see great effects? 

Phosphatidyl serine - I have taken this before and I remember my brain improved a lot, but forgot about it and have never found the right dose again/feel the same effects. I understand this reduces cortisol. What dose should I take? It gets sticky if you buy it powder form, but is too expensive by tablets And how long

Bacopa monnieri - I understand you have to take this for a long time and it can make long term changes. Any brand /dose/time and success stories?

Lions Mane - Same again as above - Any advice?

Noopept - What dose and do you take this every day and for how long?

As a summary I'm looking for other activities/supplements that will restore my brain's health. But none of this eat blueberries crap. I want to hear people's results and what they recommend.

Looking at things that change the brain long-term, not just a short-term fix.

#4901 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Thanks I really appreciate your help. I will try out the test tomorrow and then check in a months time.

I'm most concerned with improving my hippocampus and concentration/memory.

On the topic of neurogenesis and BDNF what have people found to improve their brain?

Here are a few things that supposedly help

Exercise - I understand this needs to be aerobic activity and get your heart going. How long do you have to do this for to see great effects? 

Phosphatidyl serine - I have taken this before and I remember my brain improved a lot, but forgot about it and have never found the right dose again/feel the same effects. I understand this reduces cortisol. What dose should I take? It gets sticky if you buy it powder form, but is too expensive by tablets And how long

Bacopa monnieri - I understand you have to take this for a long time and it can make long term changes. Any brand /dose/time and success stories?

Lions Mane - Same again as above - Any advice?

Noopept - What dose and do you take this every day and for how long?

As a summary I'm looking for other activities/supplements that will restore my brain's health. But none of this eat blueberries crap. I want to hear people's results and what they recommend.

Looking at things that change the brain long-term, not just a short-term fix.

This doesn't really have anything to do with NSI-189 though - you should probably post this in a separate thread, custom-made for you and your unique situation, where you can list more of your medical history and so forth.

#4902 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

Nobody can give advise in here, but if you have problems with taking NSI-189 its just a logical step to quit it. Same with prescribed drugs, the doc will give you something different till you find right medication, because every problem is different. NSI is aviable via online shop, that doesnt make it harmless by any means. A lot of people mix prescribed drugs together, no doc would endorse that.

prescribed

prescribed

#4903 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

Tautomeric, thanks for writing and suggesting those ones. Unfortunately they have little effect on me.

I came to the conclusion that my depression is genetic. If I return back with my mind to remember my childhood, I remember that I always was unhappy, sad and not willing to talk to anyone, avoiding contact with people, preferring to stay at home crying. I don't really know why. It just was like that. Now I'm doing ad effort to see people, but it's so difficult to talk to them about anything. Everyday it became more difficult to formulate complex phrases in my mind. I make a big effort to do it. I do not have reactivity at all. I don't feel absolutely nothing when I laugh. I just do it for making people around me feeling better with me. I only feel little good when I compose songs.

I spent the adolescence crying and adulthood trying to solve a lot of problems. I had an health problem also, that 8 years ago left me in bed for 6 months, in another country, not mine, and I didn't talk to anyone but the doctor. It was so insane! I fell so insane.

I do not think I've ever had emotional stability, at least I do not have the memory fo that. Was I feeling myself enjoying life for one day? Maybe, but I really don't remember it.

I cannot concentrate on anything, It's very hard to do it and at the end of my working life, I'm exausted, the only thing I can do, is to go to bed watching movies.

It's not a joke: I almost lost my short-term memory. The antidepressants taken so far weakened my bones, and I have 5 hernias in my spine, even if I don't care about that. I feel pane in my back, but It's ok. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't stop me to go to the gym or dance. I learned from myself that can happens that long use of antidepressants consumes important resources from the body: hair and bones.

I exercise to support the back, swimming, but I always feel weak, unmotivated, damn down blue. I have no desire to see other people and talk (although in reality I would love to have a real social life, active and full of speeches and words).

I think so slow, and I'm suddenly tired after talking a little, I cannot just do it mentally.

I feel stupid and I swear that I'm not. People indeed think I'm very smart, but really, I find it very hard to live.

I will be 40 this year and I still have half life ahead. I have already attempted suicide in the past, but I won't do it again. I will stay here and fight to the end, trying to figure out what are the genetic causes that cause a person to be born in this way, and how can this person, through science and resiglience, change his destiny, his mind and make a life a real life and not an hard and sad senseless mere survival one, in wich every day you wake up thinking: "I want to die today".

As said Jahio, whom I thanks for his words, mine is a more severe and serious medical condition,it will not be enough to "lead" my brain in a certain way just with my willings.

Now I found another source for trying with the NSI-189 and I'll write here on longecity a diary of the effects it will have on me.

Thanks all of you very much for the support. I'm glad I found this forum.

Jack.

Jack, I am not sure if we discussed this in PMs, I try to guide anyone that might have an undiagnosed chronic infection (contact me for suggestions) or systemic inflammation from any degenerative disease. Some causes of depression mentioned before, but the MOST COMMON one according to recent studies is having systemic inflammation. I ll not go into it here because is better to google inflammation + depression to get a well rounded picture of what might be going on in your case also.

A link from a meta-analysis from 20 studies for depression and inflammation.

http://www.nature.co...mp2016167a.html

Chronic inflammation can give depression, brain fog, derealization, anxiety, weakness. problems with deep sleep etc. 

• Well Written x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#4904 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:37 PM

I am a little late with replies in PMs, I was terribly busy the last two days, and I do not have any NSI-189 with me to ship right now.

I could ship the same NSI-189 freebase batch again in a couple days, and after the last disaster with the low purity NSI-189 phosphate a while ago, I test every batch I get. The results again with this one are quite similar with the previous batch, we do not have a purity reference (is not available anywhere...) but in the GC/MS results there is one chemical in the graph, and from the retention time and further analysis in the second graph is NSI-189.

Price is still $16-$24 depending on the amount (air mail shipping is free but I now charge $3 for registered shipping).

I ll be able to ship more phosphate in no more than one week. The package stuck in customs, they analyzed it to see that its not something illegal (and thankfully!) send it back to the lab.The lab forward it back with a safer shipping method and according to tracking will not take too long before I have it.

I ll get back to replying to messages every day, but as I am pressured with time (and I do not read the thread everyday) if anyone asks for a source mention my username. I do not think its a risk with Neuralstem these days, here. Probably will get back prohibiting sales after they start with the next trial, as they did the previous two times...

Attached Files

Edited by Strangelove, 22 January 2017 - 10:01 PM.

#4905 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:37 AM

Hi all, quick aside-

How do you guys take your NSI 189?

My plan is as follows-dissolve my daily dose (20mg phosphate) into water into a water bottle the night before, and take the dose the following day after breakfast. I eat breakfast at work-I arrive at work at roughly 6:30 AM and don't want to take it this early in the morning at home.

Any potential downsides to this method?

#4906 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

Hi all, quick aside-

My plan is as follows-dissolve my daily dose (20mg phosphate) into water into a water bottle the night before, and take the dose the following day after breakfast. I eat breakfast at work-I arrive at work at roughly 6:30 AM and don't want to take it this early in the morning at home.

None that I know of.

But why don't you want to take it in the morning? That's what I did, personally - but I did 10 x 2 mg and 20 x 2 mg, of course. Me, and some others, have reported difficulties sleeping when taking NSI-189 - because of the stimulating effects from it.

(if the chemical analysis which garnered the latest theory regarding its MOA is to be believed, then this might be because NSI-189 is actually a mild, selective D2 agonist!)

Of course, if NSI-189 doesn't give you difficulties sleeping, then just take it later in the morning.

Personally, I think you should divide it into two doses -  one 10 mg in the morning, directly when you get up, and another 10 mg via water-solution after breakfast. Two times daily gives you better efficacy, that's something which the trials discovered.

Of course, if NSI-189 gives you SOMNOLENCE, then I say go with your plan of taking it after breakfast at work - you don't want to get sleepy while driving. Consider dividing it into two doses anyway, 10 mg after breakfast, and then another 10 mg after lunch.

#4907 experimenting

• 639 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

Hi all, quick aside-

None that I know of.

But why don't you want to take it in the morning? That's what I did, personally - but I did 10 x 2 mg and 20 x 2 mg, of course. Me, and some others, have reported difficulties sleeping when taking NSI-189 - because of the stimulating effects from it.
(if the chemical analysis which garnered the latest theory regarding its MOA is to be believed, then this might be because NSI-189 is actually a mild, selective D2 agonist!)

Of course, if NSI-189 doesn't give you difficulties sleeping, then just take it later in the morning.

Personally, I think you should divide it into two doses - one 10 mg in the morning, directly when you get up, and another 10 mg via water-solution after breakfast. Two times daily gives you better efficacy, that's something which the trials discovered.

Of course, if NSI-189 gives you SOMNOLENCE, then I say go with your plan of taking it after breakfast at work - you don't want to get sleepy while driving. Consider dividing it into two doses anyway, 10 mg after breakfast, and then another 10 mg after lunch.

That's a smarter strategy. I'll try it tomorrow and see how I go.

Saturday was my first day and I broke it into two 10mg doses, and it all went rather well.

Yesterday I did 20mg all in one go and had some anxiety. Took ALCAR at the same time and blamed it on that.

20mg again this morning and I'm having mild anxiety. Think the staggered does is right for me.

Thanks!

#4908 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:19 PM

Hi all, quick aside-

None that I know of.

Personally, I think you should divide it into two doses - one 10 mg in the morning, directly when you get up, and another 10 mg via water-solution after breakfast. Two times daily gives you better efficacy, that's something which the trials discovered.

That's a smarter strategy. I'll try it tomorrow and see how I go.

Saturday was my first day and I broke it into two 10mg doses, and it all went rather well.

Yesterday I did 20mg all in one go and had some anxiety. Took ALCAR at the same time and blamed it on that.

20mg again this morning and I'm having mild anxiety. Think the staggered does is right for me.

Thanks!

No prob's! = ) Glad to be of help.

And yeah, this stuff is a bit tricky to actually get on - no problems at all getting off it, but it actually kind of needs to be titrated when starting it - rather interesting how it works a bit in reverse in comparison to SSRI's in that regard.

#4909 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:08 PM

So, I've posted the prior with no direct response. Here I go again.
A few months back I ran my first trial of NSI with no discerable result except a case of lasting tinnitus, a small bit of neuropathy which has since ceased, and a mild increase in anxiety. Now it is worth mentioning that during this time I,was experiencing the worst bout of depression in my life, along with mind-paralyzing anxiety. So any positive effects were more than likely overlooked due to a mind functioning at probably a quarter of its capacity.
I am in a incredibly better place now, due to the administration of a mood stabilizer, a near-religious aerobic exercise regimine, and some incredible healing doses of Vorinostat.
Now that I am in a better place I find my memory to still be appalling and bothersome in its lack, possibly due to a withered hippocampus. I plan on running another course of NSI with the goal of sparking some serious neurogenesis to heal damage done. And am looking for personal anecdotes from users who could report any lasting benefits and improvement upon memory from using this compound.
A few months back I ran my first trial of NSI with no discerable result except a case of lasting tinnitus, a small bit of neuropathy which has since ceased, and a mild increase in anxiety. Now it is worth mentioning that during this time I,was experiencing the worst bout of depression in my life, along with mind-paralyzing anxiety. So any positive effects were more than likely overlooked due to a mind functioning at probably a quarter of its capacity.
I am in a incredibly better place now, due to the administration of a mood stabilizer, a near-religious aerobic exercise regimine, and some incredible healing doses of Vorinostat.
Now that I am in a better place I find my memory to still be appalling and bothersome in its lack, possibly due to a withered hippocampus. I plan on running another course of NSI with the goal of sparking some serious neurogenesis to heal damage done. And am looking for personal anecdotes from users who could report any lasting benefits and improvement upon memory from using this compound.

#4910 telavidico

• 9 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:19 AM

{Dude... what you are describing is known as mania and mixed episode - it sounds like you have Bipolar Disorder, man.

Try adding an atypical antipsychotic or a mood-stabilizer as soon as you can - this road will lead you to utter and complete ruin! Mixed-episode mania is a terrible thing to behold.}

I can 100% validate what Stinkorninjor is saying. Take it from my own, personal experience that you do not want manic, mixed, or bipolar depressive episodes to go on, improperly treated (which is exactly what it sounds like that you are describing). All of these episodes can and will cause progressive damage to the hippocampus. And if you feel that a mood stabilizer would somehow blunt your creativity, try performing any of the arts with an atrophied hippocampus.
I would say that you need something to regulate the excitotoxicity of excess glutamate that cause mania. And would strongly advise that you pause nootropic use until you can see a psych doc and try to get on an even keel.
I could write so much more than this but am short on time...

Depression is damage to the hippocampus (which NSI-189) is supposed to treat( and it makes me very concerned that you sit and lable people based on what they write on a forum due to it loosely fitting diagnostic criterias in the unscientific DSM V.

It is human nature to search for relief when you feel bad, and it puts a lot of people off by them being told that something is severly wrong with them based on a reaction from unknown pharmacological properties from a drug.. Especially if they tell you that other factors in life have been involved.

It is actually insulting given the vulnerable state people are in and labling them when bipolar disorder(based on a text) is one of the most debilitating conditions on the planet. (Please don't give me the bullshit of Bipolar II and cyclothymia which were added to increase the amount of people matching these diagnostic criterias, from 0.1 % to 5 %). 

It is so common today that you are worried, start Googling, end up on webMD for something as simple as " moodswings " to you writing a questionnaire on signs of BPD. (webMD is also tied to the drug-companies who need to raise awareness of BPD).. Or you end up on forums such as these where there are " experts " who will try to convince you that you have that diagnosis or that diagnosis based on you saying something, often they will change that diagnosis and add additional ones. It makes it certainly understandable why psychiatry is met with such skepticism, and rightly so.

Here is a good article of why BPD is in fashion now.

https://davidhealy.o...atest-Mania.pdf

Since corruption in psychiatry is a well-known fact for most, where doctors and researchers receive kickbacks from larger drug-companies. It is also now becoming evident that perhaps some users are lobbyists themselves who write to promote certain drugs and lable people on the internet and forums, such as this one.. What plans does LongeCity have to mitigate the forum of being infested by representatives with financial motives exploiting people who have a rough patch in life?

The whole debate and validity of users throwing diagnosis at each other like it was candy creates a really toxic platform, where I personally would not want to share information about myself because judgements without basis are being slung back and forth..

So it seems like I am developing social anxiety from this.. Or wait.. Let me Google. Ah yes, no, I have no social anxiety because apparently this reaction is normal and appropriate to the situation according to the DSM V.

• Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#4911 bitborg

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:44 AM

Another report. So I have been looking back at my life before taking NSI-189 (and before quitting drinking too which NSI helped me stay clean took for about 10 months now) and actually I can’t believe how much I have changed. I no longer have fear to take that extra mile in my life in my career and life in general. I fixed relationships with my old friends and family members which I would of completely ignored before. I have also done some good decent work in my hobbies and business choices. While NSI hasen’t fixed everything (still issues constantly thinking about; the never ending battle) , the problems around you that you ignored before get fixed. It has a interesting effect of pushing you into to the fire to deal with your problems. At some point I ‘wasn’t feeling’ NSI and I think to believe now was that it kinda just became my personality to become and stay a problem fixer. So yeah, very happy with this drug.

• like x 2

#4912 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2017 - 05:56 PM

Another report. So I have been looking back at my life before taking NSI-189 (and before quitting drinking too which NSI helped me stay clean took for about 10 months now) and actually I can’t believe how much I have changed. I no longer have fear to take that extra mile in my life in my career and life in general. I fixed relationships with my old friends and family members which I would of completely ignored before. I have also done some good decent work in my hobbies and business choices. While NSI hasen’t fixed everything (still issues constantly thinking about; the never ending battle) , the problems around you that you ignored before get fixed. It has a interesting effect of pushing you into to the fire to deal with your problems. At some point I ‘wasn’t feeling’ NSI and I think to believe now was that it kinda just became my personality to become and stay a problem fixer. So yeah, very happy with this drug.

Did you start NSI around the same time you quit drinking? The reason i ask is that i am trying to discern how much your positive effects you have experienced are a result of the act of quitting drinking, which allows your mind to clear so that you can clean up the wreckage of your past VS. what help the NSI has given you. I quit drugs 2 years before taking NSI, and had already repaired most of the damage from the past (relationships, monetary, etc), but still felt possibly some lingering damage to the emotional areas of the brain needed a little bit of chemical help to get over some hurdles, and/or repair to this damage. NSI, for me, definitely has only benefits, with no negative drawbacks. I feel more present in the moment, calmer, less reactive and i can feel emotions on a deeper level and this has taken my recovery (from drug abuse) to the next level. This drug may have a very useful effect for recovering addicts/alcoholics, in taking brain healing to the next level. But there is of course the actions you must take to further this recovery, and in general i think should be a rule of thumb for those taking this substance. If it in fact induces neurogenesis we should try and  live with gratitude, kindness, be willing to help others, make amends for past and future wrongdoings and not engage in negative behavior. If we are laying down new emotional behaviors, we better ensure they are healthy, or this drug could have a negative effect.  

Edited by Twindaddy37, 25 January 2017 - 05:58 PM.

#4913 bitborg

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

Did you start NSI around the same time you quit drinking? The reason i ask is that i am trying to discern how much your positive effects you have experienced are a result of the act of quitting drinking, which allows your mind to clear so that you can clean up the wreckage of your past VS. what help the NSI has given you. I quit drugs 2 years before taking NSI, and had already repaired most of the damage from the past (relationships, monetary, etc), but still felt possibly some lingering damage to the emotional areas of the brain needed a little bit of chemical help to get over some hurdles, and/or repair to this damage. NSI, for me, definitely has only benefits, with no negative drawbacks. I feel more present in the moment, calmer, less reactive and i can feel emotions on a deeper level and this has taken my recovery (from drug abuse) to the next level. This drug may have a very useful effect for recovering addicts/alcoholics, in taking brain healing to the next level. But there is of course the actions you must take to further this recovery, and in general i think should be a rule of thumb for those taking this substance. If it in fact induces neurogenesis we should try and  live with gratitude, kindness, be willing to help others, make amends for past and future wrongdoings and not engage in negative behavior. If we are laying down new emotional behaviors, we better ensure they are healthy, or this drug could have a negative effect.  

I started taking NSI around 1-2 months after I quit drinking. During the time I had quit I still felt anxious and ignored most of my lingering problems. Of course quitting drinking defintally may have helped a lot of things but also its the first time I quit drinking successfully, I tried many different times before and would start back up at maximum time of 2 weeks. It just seemed I couldnt deal with the 'non-drinking life' so I just went back to my usual routine. I think one of the bigger changes is routine. Before I just had the same usual routine in life always never changing but now It seems I am just more willing and capable of handling things. 

#4914 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:56 AM

Re: hippocampal neurogenesis: if your current stack is working I think that component of NSI-189 is overblown. 

I searched repeatedly to see if anyone has mentioned this but NSI-189 is likely a moderate D4 AGONIST, the similarities in structure between this and other hallmark D4 agonists are unmistakable. The methylbutylamino group probably reduces the efficiency of said agonism, and the adjacent double bond (methylone) reduces the likelihood of any full interaction with a serotonin receptor because that functional group would really hamper with any models I've seen, where something much closer to an indoleamine is required. 

Edited by hullcrush, 26 January 2017 - 10:59 AM.

#4915 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 01:22 PM

What is your mood stabilizer?

For example, lithium seems to be doing just fine in terms of hippocampal volume increase, when compared to the NSI-189, based on the limited data available.

Humans:

http://www.nature.co...l/1301405a.html

Bilateral Hippocampal Volume Increase in Patients with Bipolar Disorder and Short-term Lithium Treatment

(8 weeks = 56 days)

There was a bilateral increase in volumes of HC and Hh in the Li-treated group compared to the unmedicated group, an effect that was apparent even over a brief treatment period.

http://www.nature.co...mp2015178a.html

A Phase 1B, randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, multiple-dose escalation study of NSI-189 phosphate, a neurogenic compound, in depressed patients

(84 days)

Hippocampal and amygdala volumes

Figures 6a–d describe the means over time of the hippocampal and amygdala volumes. Analysis of covariance results did not show significant differences in hippocampal volume at day 28 (left: F(1,21)=0.06, P=0.80; right: F(1,21)=0.71, P=0.41) or day 84 (left: F(1,18)=1.25, P=0.28; right: F(1,18)=4.17, P=0.06) between the pooled NSI-189 and placebo-treated patients. Results were also non-significant for the control site, the amygdala, at day 28 (left: F(1,21)=4.30, P=0.05; right: F(1,21)=0.63, P=0.44) or day 84 (left: F(1,18)=0.00, P=0.98; right: F(1,18)=0.01, P=0.91). The post hoc repeated measures analysis of variance suggested a modest but not statistically significant increase in the left hippocampal volume in the NSI-189-treated patients (b=0.35, P=0.12), but not the right side (right: b=−0.03, P=0.82). In the control site, the trend was non-significant on the left side (b=−0.03, P=0.74), and significant on the right side (b=0.32, P=0.049).

So much shorter lithium study showed significant results, longer NSI-189 one didn't reach statistical significance yet.

Mice:

http://onlinelibrary....0751729.x/full

Enhancement of Hippocampal Neurogenesis by Lithium

25% increase in the BrdU-labeled cells in the dentate gyrus (part of hippocampus) after 12 days

http://adifferentdru...-of-the-future/

During preclinical research involving animals, it was found that NSI-189 can grow the hippocampus by up to 20%.   (mice after 28 days.)

Not sure of other mood stabilizers, but at least when it comes to lithium, based on current limited data available, lithium winning both human and mouse categories, you might not need NSI-189 for extra hippocampal growth, if it gives you bad side effects. If you are on lamotrigine or valproate, treatment with either of them can also be augmented with lithium. 

Edited by Finn, 26 January 2017 - 01:49 PM.

#4916 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

For example, lithium seems to be doing just fine in terms of hippocampal volume increase, when compared to the NSI-189, based on the limited data available.

Humans:

Bilateral Hippocampal Volume Increase in Patients with Bipolar Disorder and Short-term Lithium Treatment
(8 weeks = 56 days)
There was a bilateral increase in volumes of HC and Hh in the Li-treated group compared to the unmedicated group, an effect that was apparent even over a brief treatment period.

A Phase 1B, randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, multiple-dose escalation study of NSI-189 phosphate, a neurogenic compound, in depressed patients

(84 days)
Figures 6a–d describe the means over time of the hippocampal and amygdala volumes. Analysis of covariance results did not show significant differences in hippocampal volume at day 28 (left: F(1,21)=0.06, P=0.80; right: F(1,21)=0.71, P=0.41) or day 84 (left: F(1,18)=1.25, P=0.28; right: F(1,18)=4.17, P=0.06) between the pooled NSI-189 and placebo-treated patients. Results were also non-significant for the control site, the amygdala, at day 28 (left: F(1,21)=4.30, P=0.05; right: F(1,21)=0.63, P=0.44) or day 84 (left: F(1,18)=0.00, P=0.98; right: F(1,18)=0.01, P=0.91). The post hoc repeated measures analysis of variance suggested a modest but not statistically significant increase in the left hippocampal volume in the NSI-189-treated patients (b=0.35, P=0.12), but not the right side (right: b=−0.03, P=0.82). In the control site, the trend was non-significant on the left side (b=−0.03, P=0.74), and significant on the right side (b=0.32, P=0.049).

So much shorter lithium study showed significant results, longer NSI-189 one didn't reach statistical significance yet.

Mice:

25% increase in the BrdU-labeled cells in the dentate gyrus (part of hippocampus) after 12 days

During preclinical research involving animals, it was found that NSI-189 can grow the hippocampus by up to 20%. (mice after 28 days.)

Not sure of other mood stabilizers, but at least when it comes to lithium, based on current limited data available, lithium winning both human and mouse categories, you might not need NSI-189 for extra hippocampal growth, if it gives you bad side effects. If you are on lamotrigine or valproate, treatment with either of them can also be augmented with lithium.

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to respond. I took a lower dose lithium for the duration of a few months and it totally dulled my cognitive and emotional processes to the point of being near-catatonic and worsened my already poor memory.

Lithium is off the list of possibilities.

I am currently (and hopefully will continue to be) taking 125 milligrams of lamotrigime. So far it has been amazingly helpful at keeping my glutamate levels from becoming exitotoxic (mania) and from sending me into paralyzing depression in the face of life-stressors. It has done wonders for balancing my neurotransmitters.
Other things which have been incredibly helpful to reduce prevalent brainfog include:

One tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil per day.
One gram of moderate-quality fish oil per day.
An aerobic exercise regimine of running at least three miles every other day.
I know that the human trials for NSI-189 are not completed yet to give any definitive results. But what I'm looking for in this forum are PERSONAL experiences of memory-improvement and the like from members like myself who are desperate enough to tinker with experimental compounds.

#4917 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

Humans:

(8 weeks = 56 days)

(84 days)
Figures 6a–d describe the means over time of the hippocampal and amygdala volumes. Analysis of covariance results did not show significant differences in hippocampal volume at day 28 (left: F(1,21)=0.06, P=0.80; right: F(1,21)=0.71, P=0.41) or day 84 (left: F(1,18)=1.25, P=0.28; right: F(1,18)=4.17, P=0.06) between the pooled NSI-189 and placebo-treated patients. Results were also non-significant for the control site, the amygdala, at day 28 (left: F(1,21)=4.30, P=0.05; right: F(1,21)=0.63, P=0.44) or day 84 (left: F(1,18)=0.00, P=0.98; right: F(1,18)=0.01, P=0.91). The post hoc repeated measures analysis of variance suggested a modest but not statistically significant increase in the left hippocampal volume in the NSI-189-treated patients (b=0.35, P=0.12), but not the right side (right: b=−0.03, P=0.82). In the control site, the trend was non-significant on the left side (b=−0.03, P=0.74), and significant on the right side (b=0.32, P=0.049).

Mice:

During preclinical research involving animals, it was found that NSI-189 can grow the hippocampus by up to 20%. (mice after 28 days.)

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to respond. I took a lower dose lithium for the duration of a few months and it totally dulled my cognitive and emotional processes to the point of being near-catatonic and worsened my already poor memory.

I am currently (and hopefully will continue to be) taking 125 milligrams of lamotrigime. So far it has been amazingly helpful at keeping my glutamate levels from becoming exitotoxic (mania) and from sending me into paralyzing depression in the face of life-stressors. It has done wonders for balancing my neurotransmitters.
Other things which have been incredibly helpful to reduce prevalent brainfog include:

I know that the human trials for NSI-189 are not completed yet to give any definitive results. But what I'm looking for in this forum are PERSONAL experiences of memory-improvement and the like from members like myself who are desperate enough to tinker with experimental compounds.

It should be noted though, that even though NSI-189 isn't as blunting as Lithium, especially in the emotional department, NSI-189 does cause blunting of some cognitive functions, and it has been shown, repeatedly, to cause feelings of sleepiness or fatigue.

Those are, in general, the long-term side-effects of the drug - once you've been on it for a few weeks you start noticing the fatigue and the cognitive blunting. Both side-effects very quickly abate after going off the drug though.

After you've actually stopped taking it, is when people report the positive effects on cognition.

So, perhaps some of the blunting from Lithium should be seen in the light of these effects, instead? If so, then Lithium actually very quickly turns into a pretty reasonable drug - if you have severe damage to your brain, then Lithium may well be worth it.

Really, the fact that I was so damaged that I figured it was worth risks to take an RC like NSI-189 is why I actually even started using *this* stuff! Every drug needs to be seen in that light - are you so ill, that it's worth it?

Sometimes the answer is actually yes.

#4918 Lunast

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

Humans:

(8 weeks = 56 days)

(84 days)

Mice:

It should be noted though, that even though NSI-189 isn't as blunting as Lithium, especially in the emotional department, NSI-189 does cause blunting of some cognitive functions, and it has been shown, repeatedly, to cause feelings of sleepiness or fatigue.

Those are, in general, the long-term side-effects of the drug - once you've been on it for a few weeks you start noticing the fatigue and the cognitive blunting. Both side-effects very quickly abate after going off the drug though.

After you've actually stopped taking it, is when people report the positive effects on cognition.

So, perhaps some of the blunting from Lithium should be seen in the light of these effects, instead? If so, then Lithium actually very quickly turns into a pretty reasonable drug - if you have severe damage to your brain, then Lithium may well be worth it.

Really, the fact that I was so damaged that I figured it was worth risks to take an RC like NSI-189 is why I actually even started using *this* stuff! Every drug needs to be seen in that light - are you so ill, that it's worth it?

Sometimes the answer is actually yes.

Lithium has been eliminated from my list of options, after having nothing but completely mind-numbing effects on my brain and destroying my ability to perform at work. I gave this trace mineral more than a fair chance to do what it is purported to do. And it is off the list. Done. Eliminated through the process of trial and error. No more lithium. Done. Don't need it. Doesn't agree with my specific neurochemistry.

Thank you to those who have answered so far.

But let me say it again. I am looking for stories through personal experience where NSI-189 has improved an individual's memory or what other gains they may have noticed. I do not need more articles to read or to go over statistics about the 20% increase in hippocampal volume of mice.
Am I desperate enough to try an experimental compound? Yes. That is why I am considering a second trial.

#4919 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 05:45 PM

Anyone have success by using Semax (N-Acetyl Amidate) to combat NSI-189's fatigue? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4920 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Anyone have success by using Semax (N-Acetyl Amidate) to combat NSI-189's fatigue? 

I haven't tried that one, but *Modafinil* works nicely to ward off the fatigue.

Note: IMHO, Modafinil actually works BETTER than DextroAmphetamine for this purpose!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users