* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5251 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:14 PM

Ok guys, I am back, I was extra busy during the Easter vacations but I ll reply to PMs right now.

The NSI-189 batch is still in customs but hopefully after some paper work I sent, I ll have it soon. I have more coming (just in case) as I still owe to some people.

I ll probably arrange for some other member to ship from USA in the near future and start a thread with info on the best ways to use it. I ll try to give you a source at the same $24-$16/gram price, as probably I ll be very busy in about one month and for the following summer months to spend a lot of time communicating with other members.

I have said it many times, and its great to have one more experience from Twindaddy, there is compelling research that a good number of people with chronic depression is due to increased inflammation, with the most possible cause an undiagnosed low level, chronic infection. If you have issues with low energy, anxiety, brain fog, troubles with sleep etc. have in mind that a microbial, viral or fungal infection might be the cause!

http://www.cam.ac.uk...-study-suggests

• Agree x 1

#5252 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Ok guys, I am back, I was extra busy during the Easter vacations but I ll reply to PMs right now.

The NSI-189 batch is still in customs but hopefully after some paper work I sent, I ll have it soon. I have more coming (just in case) as I still owe to some people.

I ll probably arrange for some other member to ship from USA in the near future and start a thread with info on the best ways to use it. I ll try to give you a source at the same $24-$16/gram price, as probably I ll be very busy in about one month and for the following summer months to spend a lot of time communicating with other members.

I have said it many times, and its great to have one more experience from Twindaddy, there is compelling research that a good number of people with chronic depression is due to increased inflammation, with the most possible cause an undiagnosed low level, chronic infection. If you have issues with low energy, anxiety, brain fog, troubles with sleep etc. have in mind that a microbial, viral or fungal infection might be the cause!

absolutely. I find the most compelling evidence you have inflammation, and no one really talks about this, is if you pick up sicknesses easily, colds etc. The less inflamed you are, the stronger your immune system is. At low levels of inflammation your immune system is overworked. I used to get EVERY SINGLE cold and sickness my babies did before I did a gut and immune system overhaul. Literally EVERY time they had a sniffle I got sick. The more I dug deeper into gut repair and immune system health and research, and the more I experimented, the better my mood became, the lighter my body felt, the less brain fog I had, and now I NEVER GET SICK. My girls are still sick all the time, they can sneeze into my eyeballs and blow snots into my mouth and I still don't get sick- that is a sign your immune system is in good health. If you still haven't overhauled your physical health, gut, considered fasting, exercise- well then youll be experimenting with substances forever and forever convinced you were born with a mental imbalance and your different from everyone else- and what you think becomes your reality. I have suffered with extreme anxiety, depression, ocd, ADD, addiction problems and many other probably DSM5 quote-able mental illnesses. I destroyed all of my problems. I take no medication now, and the more solid people I have known in my life come to me for life advise because they think I am one of the most solid, calm, centered people they have met. The reason I am telling you this is not to brag, because I often laugh at how far I have come. I have approached every single angle possible to solve this riddle.Mental illness IS SOLVABLE without meds- I have done it, and I know PLENTY of others who have too. If your losing hope, think GUT health first (there is a million videos on youtube on how to fix your gut microbiome), if you don't you may just bypass the one thing that fixes your problems for the rest of your life- you don't want to be on your deathbed with regrets, trust me, it will be a painful death. You want to go out with no regrets, so get busy fixing the physical and take the focus off the mental and let the intention of the experimental substances or nootropics be for "additional benefits", not "to fix you". You need to fix YOU. No substance will EVER fix you, period.

Edited by Twindaddy37, 17 April 2017 - 08:50 PM.

• Needs references x 3
  • Agree x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5253 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

On another note, has anyone who had used NSI that stopped used it intermittently, like a few days of the week, or one or two days here and there? Considering using it on an as needed basis if a little added resilience is required or stress hits. I cant imagine its great to run this substance indefinitely. Also a heads up to those wanting to try semax on NSI, I got my semax amidate and used it the last two days I was on NSI, the combination seemed to be a little strange, I almost threw the semax out thinking it was a dud, thank god I didn't. After I stopped NSI semax was wonderful, and incredible nootropic, trumps all the others that I have tried, including NSI. Ran that for two weeks with nothing but great effects, and no downside other than slightly diminished libido and strength of orgasm, which returned to normal several days after cessation. I highly recommend that nootropic, both for mood and focus.

Edited by Twindaddy37, 17 April 2017 - 09:28 PM.

#5254 Blake Thacker

• 11 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:49 PM

Great information. Inflammation is at the scene of many neurological diseases. Vegan diets produce better immunity because they are free of Hayluchronic-acid.(one of the most inflaming inflammatories found in animal meats) Not to be confused with Hyaluronic acid which is benefical. Eating cruciferous vegis have some of the most polyphenols, flavanoids, antioxidants and anti immflamatories around. When I'm feeling very inflamed, I get a headache and take an Aleve if unable to get nutrition. It also gives me a mood boost and then you realize its because you were hard pressed at work putting on your best and feeling the stress systems your body responds situations and it can easily become inflamed, especially if you are constantly stimulating your adrenals either by certain medication or state of mind. Meditation helps refocus and create an even keel. My favorite anti inflammatory is Diflusinal if that's all that's available. Aleve also feels good on the mind. Plants, specifficaly low carb organic varieties are the most effective if you have access. Low carb foods keep your blood sugar from spiking and keep your inflammation down. Low carb high fat medium protein diets are great because ketones are the preferred source of brain fuel on a day to day basis. I love organics because of the strange and intriguing micro organisms. When you learn about how compost tea is a living symbiotic cornocopia of beniffical bacteria and fungus that become a part of the plant. The plant responds by creating more defense life for us. If you are experiencing fungus, it could be treated with pre and probiotics like Epicor and Milk Kefir. Epicor feeds probiotics, and activates T killer cells which fight viruses effectively. the probiotics in Milk Kefir are vast and stay with you permanently. If you were to weigh all the probiotics in you it would be as much as your liver. Probiotics also create seratonin and other neurotransmitters. The probiotics help in the absorbtion of anti-inflammatorys from the foods. Their are also several man made probiotics that are body compatible that can take your gut flour a neurotransmitters past the genetic limit this effectively treating low moods.
  • Agree x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#5255 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 April 2017 - 10:22 PM

Great information. Inflammation is at the scene of many neurological diseases. Vegan diets produce better immunity because they are free of Hayluchronic-acid.(one of the most inflaming inflammatories found in animal meats) Not to be confused with Hyaluronic acid which is benefical. Eating cruciferous vegis have some of the most polyphenols, flavanoids, antioxidants and anti immflamatories around. When I'm feeling very inflamed, I get a headache and take an Aleve if unable to get nutrition. It also gives me a mood boost and then you realize its because you were hard pressed at work putting on your best and feeling the stress systems your body responds situations and it can easily become inflamed, especially if you are constantly stimulating your adrenals either by certain medication or state of mind. Meditation helps refocus and create an even keel. My favorite anti inflammatory is Diflusinal if that's all that's available. Aleve also feels good on the mind. Plants, specifficaly low carb organic varieties are the most effective if you have access. Low carb foods keep your blood sugar from spiking and keep your inflammation down. Low carb high fat medium protein diets are great because ketones are the preferred source of brain fuel on a day to day basis. I love organics because of the strange and intriguing micro organisms. When you learn about how compost tea is a living symbiotic cornocopia of beniffical bacteria and fungus that become a part of the plant. The plant responds by creating more defense life for us. If you are experiencing fungus, it could be treated with pre and probiotics like Epicor and Milk Kefir. Epicor feeds probiotics, and activates T killer cells which fight viruses effectively. the probiotics in Milk Kefir are vast and stay with you permanently. If you were to weigh all the probiotics in you it would be as much as your liver. Probiotics also create seratonin and other neurotransmitters. The probiotics help in the absorbtion of anti-inflammatorys from the foods. Their are also several man made probiotics that are body compatible that can take your gut flour a neurotransmitters past the genetic limit this effectively treating low moods.

Good information, for those not willing to do a plant based or vegan diet (most of us), as this gentleman said animal muscle meat (mainly all we eat) elicits a stress response. You want to balance the muscle meats with organ meats and collagen powder or consume lots of bone broth. The glycine, valine and proline, absent in muscle meals, are vital. Glycine is particularly good for sleep. I backed off on muscle meats, and eat more liver and get most of my daily protein now from the collagen powder. The importance of diet, probiotics, and cleansing the system and decreasing your inflammation burden, cannot be overlooked. Those looking for references and studies on the gut/inflammation and its tie to mental health- there are just some things that haven't been studied yet and some things that will never be studied, so that rich people can keep getting rich. Some things in life take a leap of faith- keep that in mind. If your an information junkie- sometimes information keeps you stuck (forever) and you need to rely on your intuition and your GUT, hint hint, and we cant follow our guts when they are in poor health. Neurons in the heart and the gut communicate directly with the brain, I don't need to post studies on that, have a look for yourself. If your heart is in good shape (your open and loving to those around you) and your gut is in good health (telling your brain to eat healthy foods is a good indication the microbiome is working in your favor, if you crave sugar and crap the bacteria in your gut is trying to kill you and its certainly not helping your neurotransmitters stay in balance), your mental health will improve.

Edited by Twindaddy37, 17 April 2017 - 11:21 PM.

#5256 mannishboy

• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:03 AM

Firstly, pardon me if this has been answered in previous pages. I'm on a somewhat tight schedule and haven't been able to read as much of this thread as I would like.

My question is regarding availability of NSI phosphate. I know where to obtain the freebase - and already have with results I consider positive - but I am curious to try the phosphate if there is a reliable source. My reasons being what I consider an anxiety-like response while using freebase sub lingual that can sometimes be uncomfortable and also, because I find it ideal to be dealing with the substance in the form that it's creators are are using and testing. Kinda takes some of the guess work out, IMO.

So if anyone in the know could point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

Edited by mannishboy, 19 April 2017 - 06:04 AM.

#5257 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

"I don't really buy this permanent change business about NSI, at least not a profound one. Almost everyone reports a steady decline (or incline) back to baseline. Those few who have reported permanent changes, some, if you follow their posts, eventually end up back at baseline again and go seeking other novel substances. For the remainder, there are a number of reasons why there can be a permanent change to your circumstances from taking AD chemicals that aren't a permanent physiological change from directly taking the chemical. Imagine you meet a new partner while on ADs or you get a new job, or you process some psychological issues. Also, we are still yet to see any evidence of hippocampal regrowth in humans. In fact the evidence so far seems to show no growth."

If you want to know try it for yourself. A lot things doesnt work out like thought in theory. I never said these permanent effects are caused by hippocampal regrowth. Also, there are tons of people with very low self awareness that consume tons of stuff and doesnt even notice a thing. So even if there are changes you dont have to necessary notice it.

#5258 FuzzMunky

• 25 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for your concern, but I just came off a long cycle. And I read other forums to judge the consensus, not just the ones full of astroturfers/shills or people otherwise invested in the chemical.

#5259 Sushi

• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:24 PM

Firstly, pardon me if this has been answered in previous pages. I'm on a somewhat tight schedule and haven't been able to read as much of this thread as I would like.

My question is regarding availability of NSI phosphate. I know where to obtain the freebase - and already have with results I consider positive - but I am curious to try the phosphate if there is a reliable source. My reasons being what I consider an anxiety-like response while using freebase sub lingual that can sometimes be uncomfortable and also, because I find it ideal to be dealing with the substance in the form that it's creators are are using and testing. Kinda takes some of the guess work out, IMO.

So if anyone in the know could point me in the right direction I would be appreciative.

My question is regarding availability of NSI phosphate. I know where to obtain the freebase - and already have with results I consider positive - but I am curious to try the phosphate if there is a reliable source. My reasons being what I consider an anxiety-like response while using freebase sub lingual that can sometimes be uncomfortable and also, because I find it ideal to be dealing with the substance in the form that it's creators are are using and testing. Kinda takes some of the guess work out, IMO.

#5260 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

"Thanks for your concern, but I just came off a long cycle. And I read other forums to judge the consensus, not just the ones full of astroturfers/shills or people otherwise invested in the chemical."

The insideous thing about NSI-189 is that its changing your behaviour without you noticing it. It reminds me a bit of the stimulation of the kappa-opioid-rezeptor. Im not calling NSI a bad chemical but not suitable for mass medication rather a new street drug in the rising.

• Needs references x 1
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5261 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

My question is regarding availability of NSI phosphate. I know where to obtain the freebase - and already have with results I consider positive - but I am curious to try the phosphate if there is a reliable source. My reasons being what I consider an anxiety-like response while using freebase sub lingual that can sometimes be uncomfortable and also, because I find it ideal to be dealing with the substance in the form that it's creators are are using and testing. Kinda takes some of the guess work out, IMO.

I ll have phosphate also in a few days, sublingual freebase can (possibly) give a little extra anxiety as it quickly goes into the bloodstream but do not expect too much of a difference. They are only very few that contact me before, that would use only phosphate (that can give anxiety also...) just for this reason.

You ll see more results curbing its anxiety by adding, a small dose of tianeptine, noopept, l-theanine and possibly other anxiolytic chemicals.

• like x 1

#5262 mannishboy

• 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

I ll have phosphate also in a few days, sublingual freebase can (possibly) give a little extra anxiety as it quickly goes into the bloodstream but do not expect too much of a difference. They are only very few that contact me before, that would use only phosphate (that can give anxiety also...) just for this reason.

You ll see more results curbing its anxiety by adding, a small dose of tianeptine, noopept, l-theanine and possibly other anxiolytic chemicals.

Hey, Strangelove.

Thanks for the response and advice about curbing anxiety. 

Consider me interested in NSI phosphate when you get ahold of it. 

#5263 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

"Thanks for your concern, but I just came off a long cycle. And I read other forums to judge the consensus, not just the ones full of astroturfers/shills or people otherwise invested in the chemical."

The insideous thing about NSI-189 is that its changing your behaviour without you noticing it. It reminds me a bit of the stimulation of the kappa-opioid-rezeptor. Im not calling NSI a bad chemical but not suitable for mass medication rather a new street drug in the rising.

If this in any way shape or form was classified as a street drug, or even touched the opiod receptors, upon cessation of several months of daily use, one would spiral into a withdrawal. This could not be more false of a statement. It in no way shape or form resembles a street drug. If i use phenibut 3 days in a row i feel some down regulation after 2 days of it wearing off. I ran NSI twice, both for several months at a time, with absolutely zero side effect upon cessation, if anything a good effect. Folks, this is not a street drug, AT ALL. case closed. If i use kratom (which binds to opiate receptors, a few days in a row) i feel lousy after. I take tianeptine sulfate, which supposedly is an opiate agonist, but i dont buy it- i can stop that too with no side effect. Trust me, i know opiates, i abused every single one of them for 8 years straight and i also abused every other street drug possible- this is a MULTIVITAMIN in comparison to any narcotic. 

Edited by Twindaddy37, 20 April 2017 - 03:07 PM.

• Agree x 6
  • Good Point x 1

#5264 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

If this in any way shape or form was classified as a street drug, or even touched the opiod receptors, upon cessation of several months of daily use, one would spiral into a withdrawal. This could not be more false of a statement. It in no way shape or form resembles a street drug. If i use phenibut 3 days in a row i feel some down regulation after 2 days of it wearing off. I ran NSI twice, both for several months at a time, with absolutely zero side effect upon cessation, if anything a good effect. Folks, this is not a street drug, AT ALL. case closed. If i use kratom (which binds to opiate receptors, a few days in a row) i feel lousy after. I take tianeptine sulfate, which supposedly is an opiate agonist, but i dont buy it- i can stop that too with no side effect. Trust me, i know opiates, i abused every single one of them for 8 years straight and i also abused every other street drug possible- this is a MULTIVITAMIN in comparison to any narcotic. 

+1 to this, After all it is derived from Nicotinamde & Pyrazine, definitely not a street drug.

• Good Point x 1

#5265 Clement Ehling

• 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

+1 to this, After all it is derived from Nicotinamde & Pyrazine, definitely not a street drug.

i can vouch also, i was addicted to kratom (opiod like) and NSI-189 is nothing compared to a real opiod, no withdrawal, anything ! and i know how opiod withdrawal is ..

#5266 Phoenix7

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:54 PM

Strangelove i sent you a pm about NSI phospshate.

#5267 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

An update with what is going on with the NSI-189 phosphate batch in customs.

I should have gone forward returning it back to the lab in order to try a new shipment. The NSI-189 was mislabeled as "l-theanine", I sent as an attachement a COA to our "FDA" about two weeks ago and I never heard back from them. I took a trip yesterday, staying overnight (returned a few hours ago) to try to get the approved papers (and package) myself. Contrary to what I got from our first communication, they tested it, and said there is an issue with the label (no surprise here...). I asked to return it back, so I can get what "I ordered".

I am waiting for more phosphate and freebase (in no more than one week) I chose a slower shipping option that from previous experience its far easier to get through customs.

I ll reply to all PMs tomorrow.

Edited by Strangelove, 25 April 2017 - 09:33 PM.

• Informative x 2

#5268 Giles Westwood

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

Source

I sourced 1g freebase from a ebay vendor a few months ago.

Method

I've been taking it sublingually 10mg with a plastic scoop in the morning. Also supplementing vitamin D, fish oil, chelted magnesium. Limited grains, lactose free, no processed food. 

Timeline symptoms

- First day: I felt some head pressure

- 2nd day: Some unusual aches and pains like feeling my veins more in my arms

- 3rd day: Slight eye / headache. Rhodiola added.

General symptoms

- I feel like I'm craving more carbs

- When I'm outside it feels like my vision has improved slightly. I do wear specs for computer work and driving now.

Mood

- I feel a bit sillier / care free certainly not melancholy

• like x 1

#5269 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

I should have gone forward returning it back to the lab in order to try a new shipment. The NSI-189 was mislabeled as "l-theanine", I sent as an attachement a COA to our "FDA" about two weeks ago and I never heard back from them. I took a trip yesterday, staying overnight (returned a few hours ago) to try to get the approved papers (and package) myself. Contrary to what I got from our first communication, they tested it, and said there is an issue with the label (no surprise here...). I asked to return it back, so I can get what "I ordered".

HHD needs to start labeling things what they actually are. Kilograms of tianeptine are being seized because it's being mislabeled as alpha-GPC. That's $2000 in the incinerator. The reason behind this is that HHD doesn't have the necessary permits that DHL requires to ship these substances.

• Informative x 1

#5270 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

I am taking NSI-189 as a trial to try and fix my ongoing severe memory loss associated with Idiopathic Hypersomnia (See previous threads)

I have been on a number of SSRIs and SNRIs over the years and have been on NSI-189 on and off for about two weeks now, the best way I would describe NSI-189  is that it feels like an SSRI but its side effects are less intense and it offers a faster mechanism of action.

I got many of the symptoms of an SSRI, emotional flattening, sometimes emotional intensity which caused rage on one occasion and caused me to cry to music a few times, mydriasis, nausea, vascular effects, daytime sleepiness increased greatly and nighttime insomnia, so at first I didn't believe the narrative that they could not find any receptor bindings to Serotonin however I can mix 60mg of it with Sertraline, normally that jump in a single day would give me Serotonin syndrome.

When I take NSI-189 with Sertraline it removes Sertralines vasodilation effects, I also feel happier and less angry but I saw no real benefit with combining the two, I find when mixing anti-depressants one tends to just override the other and I am guessing that is what it did.

If I were to guess I would say NSI-189 is releasing Serotonin but doing it in some unknown and a more controlled way because I cannot explain how its side effects so closely match an SSRI without it working on Serotonin, I maybe wrong but what else could cause emotional flattening, anger, mydriasis and nausea?

The big difference for me compared to an anti-depressant was how fast it works, within a day I get memory improvement, even at 10mg I feel it slightly, normally it takes about 2 weeks with Sertraline to give any memory benefit for me and I have to build it up to 100mg, which is when Sertraline becomes a potent SDRI, we know from studies of SSRIs that they begin working at 2 weeks of reputake and start releasing dopamine (Sertraline does this strongly at 100mg) we also see neurogenesis with continued use. 

So from my anecdotal experience, NSI-189 appears to be a rapidly acting anti-depressant, it has more tolerable side effects than most SSRIs/SNRIs, I would recommend it for those who want an anti-depressant but do not want to wait months for an SSRI/SNRI to kick in or are having a lot of trouble managing their side effects.

#5271 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

HHD needs to start labeling things what they actually are. Kilograms of tianeptine are being seized because it's being mislabeled as alpha-GPC. That's $2000 in the incinerator. The reason behind this is that HHD doesn't have the necessary permits that DHL requires to ship these substances.

Its not from HHD, they do not have NSI-189 phosphate, this lab is legitimate (the one I third party tested few months back) but yes they should try to get a permit. Also, when I checked tracking couple days ago, it was sent some days after from the date I had expected to ship it. They just got back to me, that they missed the shipping date and they were closed for some days (I did not get if it was a holiday or something) but just that they were late with the shipment.

Sorry for this, its out of my control, I was expecting to have it by now, but now we should wait a few more days. Hopefully the stuff on ebay is legitimate and anyone that is in a hurry can get some, otherwise the price I ship is still at the $24/$16 price range (depending on the amount) including the shipping cost.

Edit: Also if anyone is in a hurry that asked for some before sent me a PM, I got back an envelope with 3 grams phosphate (I ll ship 3 x 1grams).

Edited by Strangelove, 03 May 2017 - 08:18 AM.

#5272 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:17 PM

Oh crap, I should have checked this thread first. Strange, contact me. May just have been overly cautious.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#5273 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:42 AM

Every antidepressant I have used has changed my behaviour in some way, some have made me highly sociable, aggressive, happy, mellow, flat, obsessive about cleaning and even paranoid, individual receptors can trigger these behaviours or combinations. I recommend people take some steps when trialling such as

1 - Allow time to withdraw off existing substances, some can take days, weeks or months, depending on type and duration of use.

2 - Withdraw slowly, don't go cold turkey unless you absolutely have to.

3 - Don't mix substances when trialling a new substance, it throws the results off, substances when mixed can differ from substances used on their own, likewise you can have dangerous side effects from combinations.

4 - Give times for substances to work unless you are having a bad reaction.

5 - Try and isolate which neurotransmitters when stimulated for you cause what effect, most substances will stimulate more than one but you can try another substance that is selective for that neurotransmitter or you can try another substance that also activates that neurotransmitter in its binding profile (then you can say substance A & B had a similar affect so you work from there)

6 - Keep a very detailed report on everything you test, it is useful when you forget what worked in the past.

7 - Follow your instincts, if a substance feels wrong then it is wrong for you.

• Informative x 1

#5274 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:44 AM

Nevermind, Strange, I was reading the wrong PM and sent an email to another member. I'll PM you,

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#5275 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

There's a new paper out:

http://www.tandfonli...84.2017.1324847

Abstract

Introduction: Alterations in neurogenic and neurotrophic processes as well as intracellular signalling cascades provides the basis for hypothesizing that neurogenic agents may be therapeutic across multiple RDoC-defined domains (e.g. positive valence systems, general cognitive processes). Moreover, using the DSM-5 taxonomy, neurogenic agents may mitigate symptoms in adults with depressive and bipolar disorders as well as individuals with cognitive disorders.

Areas Covered: NSI-189 is a benzylpiperizine-aminiopyridine, a novel chemical entity that stimulates neurogenesis of human hippocampus-derived neural stem cells in vitro and stimulates neurogenesis in murine hippocampus in vivo. Emerging evidence also indicates that NSI-189 phosphate has regionally specific effects insofar as neurogenesis is observed largely in the subventricular zone of the hippocampus. Results from a preliminary proof of concept study suggests that NSI-189 may be capable of mitigating depressive symptoms and improve cognitive function in adults with DSM-5-defined Major Depressive Disorder (MDD).

Expert Opinion: Preliminary proof-of-concept studies indicate both antidepressant and procognitive effects. Beneficial effects in cognitive-emotional processing as well as whether the procognitive effects are independent of antidepressant effects are vistas of future research. Taken together, NSI-189 is a multi-domain neurogenic compound with brain-therapeutic properties with potential therapeutic applications across disparate psychiatric disorders.

#5276 Bukujutsu

• 92 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:32 PM

My man, thanks for the heads up. That's great news to hear, especially when, IIRC, there may have been prior evidence that hippocampal neurogenesis didn't occur in humans, although it still had a powerful anti-depressant effect. Gonna read through it.

#5277 Giles Westwood

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

Anyone have access to the full pdf?

• Agree x 1

#5278 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

sci-hub[dot]cc is your friend. You can find it there.

#5279 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:10 PM

My man, thanks for the heads up. That's great news to hear, especially when, IIRC, there may have been prior evidence that hippocampal neurogenesis didn't occur in humans, although it still had a powerful anti-depressant effect. Gonna read through it.

It is just a review article. It doesn't really have any new human results data, human results are just the stuff from the already released phase 1B results from 2015 .

http://www.nature.co...mp2015178a.html

A Phase 1B, randomized, double blind, placebo controlled, multiple-dose escalation study of NSI-189 phosphate, a neurogenic compound, in depressed patients

Edited by Finn, 05 May 2017 - 04:14 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5280 Giles Westwood

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:17 PM

Glad someone else confirmed that, I read it but couldn't find anything meaty from it. I wonder if it was sponsored somehow.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users