NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5461 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

That's the scale I have. Read the one star ratings. I agree, it's not reliable and gives different readings for mg at different times. It depends on where you place the powder on the tray as well. When we're trying to dose 20-40mg, that scale doesn't cut it.
That's the scale I have. Read the one star ratings. I agree, it's not reliable and gives different readings for mg at different times. It depends on where you place the powder on the tray as well. When we're trying to dose 20-40mg, that scale doesn't cut it.

#5462 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:42 AM

A trick that I have read about through the forums that you might try is to use one of the 10g weight bars because the scale becomes more accurate between 10g - 20g instead of 0g to 40mg.

• Good Point x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5463 Fletch

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

A trick that I have read about through the forums that you might try is to use one of the 10g weight bars because the scale becomes more accurate between 10g - 20g instead of 0g to 40mg.

That's a good idea, in theory- might do it. Thanks

#5464 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:19 AM

What is the ETA on the phosphate that Strangelove gave?

#5465 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

I looked it up and it seems on June 5th he said that his last batch of NSI would be arriving in about two weeks. So pretty soon from now

#5466 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:41 PM

Yes, I would have it soon... Thats pretty much the longest I have been waiting for, should be here in the following days.

For anyone that wants to stock up, and can pay with bitcoins, the price would be $80 for 5 grams, I want to finish all my supply, and concentrate on some busy days ahead. 

It can be quite useful to have a bitcoin account. Localbitcoins has the most options to get bitcoins, and Coinbase is a popular option to get bitcoins with your debit, credit card or through your bank account. I ll have some other payment options too.

Edited by Strangelove, 23 June 2017 - 12:53 PM.

#5467 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:31 PM

Has anyone had an issue with inflammation in the brain when taking this supplement? The first time I took it I noticed some "positive effects", but also had burning all around the outside of my head and quite extensively at the top-center of my head.

Edited by mfad, 23 June 2017 - 05:39 PM.

#5468 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:40 PM

Has anyone had an issue with inflammation in the brain when taking this supplement? The first time I took it I noticed some "positive effects", but also had burning all around the outside of my head and quite extensively at the top-center of my head.

There is no pain-sensation in the actual brain - so what you experienced was most likely NOT brain inflammation - more likely you were stricken with severe neuropathy in the peripheral nervous system.

Some neuropathy has been noted with this drug, but usually the effects are milder and localized more in the limbs, rarely are there reports of neuropathy in other parts of the body - but the location of neuropathy does seem to vary quite a bit, so therefore it's still plausible that what you experienced was neuropathy, and not brain inflammation.

For those not in the know, Neuropathy = pain from the nerves not actually related to any physical injury, but actually caused by some kind of malfunction from the nerves themselves.

I have not heard of any inflammatory side-effects from anyone else, nor in the study-reports on NSI-189.

• Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

#5469 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

Very informative.

This is going to be slightly off-topic, but will bring it back in the below comment. So, if I have histamine intolerance when eating certain foods high in histamine and my head starts to get warm. This is not inflammation or the burning of the artery walls in the brain? But, neuropathy? Or is the high histamine in the blood and the additional pressure on the artery walls turn to a form of neuropathy?

So is neuropathy related to the NSI-189 dangerous?

#5470 Wilberforce

• 69 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

Could it be a mild allergic response? I've a tendency to leaky gut and candidiasis . I was getting bloating with NSI until I started using enteric capsules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5471 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:18 AM

Very informative.

This is going to be slightly off-topic, but will bring it back in the below comment. So, if I have histamine intolerance when eating certain foods high in histamine and my head starts to get warm. This is not inflammation or the burning of the artery walls in the brain? But, neuropathy? Or is the high histamine in the blood and the additional pressure on the artery walls turn to a form of neuropathy?

So is neuropathy related to the NSI-189 dangerous?

Oh, so you experience similar things when eating certain foods? Well, then...

Could it be a mild allergic response? I've a tendency to leaky gut and candidiasis . I was getting bloating with NSI until I started using enteric capsules.

...yeah, it really could be an allergic reaction. This is a known thing with nearly every medication for anything, ever - allergic reaction.

Good call there, mate!

Maybe Mfad could try LEVOcetirizine if he does another NSI-189 cycle, to see if that makes it any better?

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 24 June 2017 - 09:19 AM.

• Unfriendly x 1

#5472 Wilberforce

• 69 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:36 AM

On a different note - if I consume alcohol the same day my tolerance is way down and I get a hangover. Conversely, if I've had at least a couple of days off NSI my tolerance is greater than ever. I can only think 1) the drug interacts badly 2) the increased hippocampus size aids in metabolising alcohol. Anyone have other experiences to share?

#5473 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Talking about alcohol...this is off topic but since there seems to be a lot of brain science geniuses here; anyone knows why getting pretty drunk makes me like ten percent aware of what is going on? I don't get so anxious but I get completely disconnected from reality. It literally makes me feel like I'm in another dimension. My thinking gets so impaired and I am so out of what is going on and it really is hell too experience. When I look around I see things but I'm not really seeing anything, even if I focus on it, my brain doesn't process the visual information I become almost blind I am barely conscious of anything but still am. I know alcohol is support to affect your thinking etc but at this point? There is no way this is normal, or nobody would get drunk. It really gives me a bad time (not just because I'm anxious). Maybe this is related to my anhedonia somehow..? I haven't found answers on the internet (tho I didn't do that much) and I probably won't on here either but I needed to ask... 

Edited by Deaden, 24 June 2017 - 08:34 PM.

#5474 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:00 PM

Maybe Mfad could try LEVOcetirizine if he does another NSI-189 cycle, to see if that makes it any better?

Actually, the reaction was during my first dose. I am having a few tests - the prick test, hopefully to verifying histamine intolerance or other allergies, done in the coming days that require all supplements to be discontinued for a few days. So, I have not gotten to continue with the second dose and the dosing cycle. Hopefully starting Thursday or Friday next week. Was there a specific reason why you wanted me to try Levocetirizine? I can do you one better and take an antihistamine(Loratadine) or an ibuprofen. My guess is that if the Loratadine would work better if it is histamine related or an allergy while if ibuprofen worked better than more inflammation related? Even though histamine and inflammation are extremely correlated. 

*Edit: Just realized that Levocetirizine is itself an antihistamine*

Talking about alcohol...this is off topic but since there seems to be a lot of brain science geniuses here; anyone knows why getting pretty drunk makes me like ten percent aware of what is going on? I don't get so anxious but I get completely disconnected from reality. It literally makes me feel like I'm in another dimension. My thinking gets so impaired and I am so out of what is going on and it really is hell too experience. When I look around I see things but I'm not really seeing anything, even if I focus on it, my brain doesn't process the visual information I become almost blind I am barely conscious of anything but still am. I know alcohol is support to affect your thinking etc but at this point? There is no way this is normal, or nobody would get drunk. It really gives me a bad time (not just because I'm anxious). Maybe this is related to my anhedonia somehow..? I haven't found answers on the internet (tho I didn't do that much) and I probably won't on here either but I needed to ask... 

I'm just throwing this out there without any research. I knew this guy that could literally drink a gallon of alcohol and literally not get drunk. If he got drunk it would be only briefly. He had enzymes that were heighten allowing rapid metabolism of the alcohol. From Google, The most common of these pathways involves two enzymes—alcohol dehydrogenase (ADH) and aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH). These enzymes help break apart the alcohol molecule, making it possible to eliminate it from the body. Maybe you cannot process alcohol properly? Maybe you are on the lower end instead of the upper end?

Maybe you can test this theory by taking your normal intake of alcohol- EX: 4 beers and then do four separate tests. One with one beer, one with two, one with three, and one with all four and see how you respond. You do not have to do the four beer test for example because you have already done that. So just do the three other tests and see if you get "properly drunk" in terms of yourself.

Another Option: Maybe you need some thiamine?

Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome is caused by deficiency of the B-vitamin thiamine, and can also be seen in people who don't drink but have some other cause of thiamine deficiency, such as chronic vomiting that prevents the absorption of this vitamin. A 2004 study demonstrated that alcohol-dependent patients admitted to a detoxification facility had consumed significantly less thiamine than a comparison group of healthy volunteers. Patients with this condition have the sudden onset of Wernicke encephalopathy; the symptoms include marked confusion, delirium, disorientation, inattention, memory loss, and drowsiness. Examination reveals abnormalities of eye movement, including jerking of the eyes (nystagmus) and double vision. Problems with balance make walking difficult. People may have trouble coordinating their leg movements, but usually not their arms. If thiamine is not given promptly, Wernicke encephalopathy may progress to stupor, coma, and death.

Edited by mfad, 24 June 2017 - 10:41 PM.

• like x 1

#5475 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

Yeah... before yesterday last time I drank was six months ago and had the same bad experience. I just become so so confused to the point where it's hell, waiting for it to end. I don't know if I want to take the risk to get drunk again. Also I know some people have low tolerance to alcohol and get drunk very easily but that's not it, however drunk people get, I highly doubt it's normal to become so affected. "marked confusion, disorientation, inattention, memory loss, and drowsiness", I experienced and I know some will think it's normal but that was really at a degree where I felt like in another dimension. I might have thiamine deficiency indeed... I'm thankful that you brought it up. I looked up thiamine deficiency on google and I seem to have most of the symptoms (no anorexia). I'm definitely not alcohol dependent though. If this explains my overly shortness of breathe and dizziness when exercising for this past 10months, it would be amazing. They also mention apathy and depression, maybe even explains my anhedonia? https://draxe.com/th...eficiency/ hopeso. I was already planning on doing some blood tests on the 30th of June to test out for inflammation so I will check for my vitamine B1 levels as well. I hope that explains it... thank you!

Edited by Deaden, 25 June 2017 - 03:56 AM.

• like x 1

#5476 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:26 AM

Here is some info on B1 if you have not already done the research. If you are able I would just swing down to a vitamin shop and grab the natural form of B1 or the active form.

Vitamin B1 comes in two forms: the standard thiamine hydrochloride and the synthetic benfotiamine. Synthetic forms I believe are toxic.

Metabolics Vitamin B1 is in the form of Thiamine Pyrophosphate, one of the forms that occur in the human body making it readily available. Most Vitamin B1 supplements come in the form of Thiamine Hydrochloride which requires conversion to Thiamine Pyrophosphate in the body before it can be used and relies on adequate Magnesium, ATP and the presence of the enzyme Thiamine Pyrophosphokinase. This makes Thiamine Pyrophosphate the preferable form.

haha I am a big fan of Dr. Axe's site & examine, though in this case examine was quite bare - https://examine.com/...nts/vitamin-b1/

Edited by mfad, 25 June 2017 - 04:32 AM.

• like x 1

#5477 VastEmptiness

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

so after a very good run personally i have been into some very stressful situations those past 2 months and while i didnt really notice in the beginning, i got back into a depressive episode bit by bit. that is my coping ability with stress got so low that i got anxious and even suffered some panic attacks (usually in the morning), like i used to in the past before biohacking.

since ive had been doing well, i had been a bit lax on my biohacking practice. i used to be unable to function without the ketogenic diet and ssris and i had been off them for several months. the effects of ssris have been diminishing over time (i needed full dose on the last cycle, sertraline) so i upped them with tianeptine. i compensated for the absence of the ketogenic diet with armodafinil (daily, no serious tolerance buildup).

anyway, when things got ugly i started to get back into keto (which is hard, i have chronic elevated blood sugar levels which bizarelly enough stay up even in deep measured keto). i also looked into cerebrolysin and nsi as i had them laying around and never used them because of my use of ssris.

understanding more about the mechanisms of nsi (or rather its effects and reports), i decided to try a little dose of 20mg. however, i realized a few days later that my measurement was really off and i was really doing 100mg+ a day for 3 days, which led to mild serotonine syndrome type symptoms on day 4. felt amazing though lol. i shook it up with magnesium now and have been taking 1-2x 20mg a day now, which suffices.

first day was odd. very strong antidepressent effect shortly after ingestion but in a way i didnt know from other drugs. it was almost like i felt immune to regular stressors and motivators which was an odd feeling because i am a very passionate/driven person regularly. however i felt very good and got alot of stuff done without being relying on the results. physophically a very interesting state where i did things by conscious motivation rather than a felt drive. very unsually for my type of personality.

the same time my keto diet hit in (antidepressants help with ketosis by lowering cortisol, which ups glucose) and i got >40 on the ketonix, which marks about where the anti-anxiety effects kick in (by regulating glutamate, i am GAD1 homozygous, thats what i take tianeptine for and do GABA practices).

i had an amazing night on monday (professionally/personally) and that with the unintended superloading brought up some symptoms of serotonine syndrom which i suffered in the past when combining kava with ssris (however nowhere that serious). i'd guess that nsi acts through the serotonergic system in some way as well. i used to respond instantly to ssris before i built tolerance.

responding directly from my understanding means low serotonin, which for most people isnt the issue (but rather inflammation/and or low neurogenesis for a variety of reasons - those two certainly don't exclude, after a few weeks on ssris i felt even better). practices that up neurogenesis like cardiovascular exercise, meditation, gamma-neurofeedback, shamanic and ayahuasca rituals always had a strong lasting effects for me on depression and anxiety. therefore i am interested in what is to come.

with the keto and nsi (and the other stuff i do like regulating methylation and continous exercise), i feel basicly perfect right now and couldn't be happier to be alive. i do not notice any side effects at this point.

i wanna thank you, strangelove, for supplying me with the substance to try. it's sad to see people blocking you on paypal and stuff like that. i feel that the potential of self-medication and understanding your own biochemistry is way underestimated and i am happy about every pioneer up here giving directions and even supplying substances that aren't yet available. i feel blessing to being part of this community. you hear the nsi talking there wink.png

tl;dr: amazing anti-depressant and anti-anxiety effects on 2x 20mg/day, no side effects. accidential superloading caused mild symptoms of serotonine-syndrom (combined with tianeptine).

• like x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#5478 Phoenix7

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

Are you sure about that serotonin syndrome caused by NSI? Cause from what we know about its mechanism, NSI doesnt impact on there..

• Agree x 1

#5479 VastEmptiness

• 165 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:56 PM

Are you sure about that serotonin syndrome caused by NSI? Cause from what we know about its mechanism, NSI doesnt impact on there..

no i have no way of knowing that, neither that it was serotonin syndrome to begin with (i can only compare the symptoms to symptoms i had with kava&ssris and relate them to the high dosage of the nsi as they faded afterwards.)
also theres a ton of changes going on with ketosis alone and possible interactions with other supps i am taking. i guess you could get serotonine syndrome like symptoms as a secondary effect as well. at least i'd figure serotonine to be modulated by something that gives me euphoria.

(tianeptine btw doesn't either work as a reuptake inhibitor btw.) - also my bh4 cycle is severely fucked up and hypersensitive due to  homozygous MTHFR, COMT, etc.and that one has serotonine and dopamine at it's end.

the effects are starting to level out to something more normal at the moment. i'll report back over time. wasn't trying to put out a theory there or something, just an anectodal report.

I'd be interested in learning about the mechanisms behind nsi. if you could link to anything you found helpful in understanding specific pathways etc

#5480 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:03 AM

no i have no way of knowing that, neither that it was serotonin syndrome to begin with (i can only compare the symptoms to symptoms i had with kava&ssris and relate them to the high dosage of the nsi as they faded afterwards.)
also theres a ton of changes going on with ketosis alone and possible interactions with other supps i am taking. i guess you could get serotonine syndrome like symptoms as a secondary effect as well. at least i'd figure serotonine to be modulated by something that gives me euphoria.

(tianeptine btw doesn't either work as a reuptake inhibitor btw.) - also my bh4 cycle is severely fucked up and hypersensitive due to  homozygous MTHFR, COMT, etc.and that one has serotonine and dopamine at it's end.

the effects are starting to level out to something more normal at the moment. i'll report back over time. wasn't trying to put out a theory there or something, just an anectodal report.

I'd be interested in learning about the mechanisms behind nsi. if you could link to anything you found helpful in understanding specific pathways etc

I have the MTHFR gene I believe - your an undermethylator? Mind informing me on what the bh4 cycle is? is that something I need to look into?

#5481 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:06 AM

NVM about the above did some quick reading and I'm already covered with my current supplement list

#5482 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:53 PM

Alright, I am currently following the 40mg three times a day... during my additional doses I have not had the same reaction during my initial dose. I do not believe it was an allergic reaction via histamine intolerance. Whenever I take a new supplement my body usually responds oddly - usually euphoria. Apparently this reaction was just another one of those experiences.

#5483 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 July 2017 - 07:01 PM

Edit - NVM I Lied - sorry about the post spamming:

I just broke out in hives/red skin. I thought it was possibly the niacin flush - which I no longer get. I took 5grams of Vitamin C[crosses the BBB] which is a natural antihistamine and my symptoms quickly subsided. The only time I have had similar symptoms was during the first time I took L-Glutathione reduced form. But this was only during the first few doses.

Morning Supplements:

Lecithin

Curcumin

Jiaogulan

Pregnenolone

Methimazole

B-Complex

Vitamin E

Vitamin A

Vitamin D

Niacin

CoQ10

L-Glutathione

Methyl B12

Astaxanthin

P-5-P

Lithium Orotate

ALA

Magnesium

http://patchtraining...s-causing-rash/

This is the only source of information I could find on the correlation between glutathione and hives

"Thus one can argue that all skin rashes may be due to inadequate detoxification through other channels. The skin is recognized as the largest organ in the body and it will do the job of detoxification through sweat if needed. However, it was not meant to handle the sheer volume of toxins we have in our bodies today as a results of our diets, air and water pollution, skin care and household cleaning products.

So if you get a skin rash while using patches, it probably means that you’re detoxifying faster than your colon and kidneys can handle. And don’t forget about the liver too. Although it doesn’t release the toxins from our bodies, it is also an important organ of detoxification."

I am not sure what the the above would indicate... though a heavy metal panel results are coming back soon....

Found this study which is more relevant: https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/28218311

S 38093, a histamine H3 antagonist/inverse agonist, promotes hippocampal neurogenesis and improves context discrimination task in aged mice.

maybe NSI-189 should not be taken directly with antioxidants or antihistamines? The antioxidants and antihistamines could be counteracting the process...

Edited by mfad, 02 July 2017 - 07:42 PM.

#5484 vil12378

• 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 12:07 AM

Suggestions for locating some? Not having much luck.

#5485 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:37 AM

Strangelove is who you are looking for... He posted on the page previous to this one or the one before that...

#5486 monowav

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Does nsi freebase taste similar to noopept? It seems that they almost taste the same, so I'm unsure if it's even legit NSI.

Does nsi freebase taste similar to noopept? It seems that they almost taste the same, so I'm unsure if it's even legit NSI.

#5487 SoundsAboutRight

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:45 PM

NSI Phosphate tastes bitter and the freebase version I believe should not have a taste, but you might want to do a quick search above on prior pages.

Noopept has far more noticeable nootropic effects. At least for me Noopept had a deepening of colors and their vividness. NSI-189 might have an effect on depression while taking it.

#5488 Stefan Scicluna

• 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:14 PM

Just started a course of NSI phosphate 7 days ago will keep updating with my results

edit: 40mg daily before bedtime

Edited by Stefan Scicluna, 06 July 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#5489 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

For anyone that sent a PM before, finally I received the NSI-189!

It took so long, that I started thinking that it might got lost or was stopped again from customs.

As I said before, anyone that might want to stock up will be a discount for 5grams/$80 paid with bitcoin in the address below. 

33LoBUh7jUW26Udab8E4VeHbZCs9Dk8Zwp

I receive bitcoins in US$ in my account in cryptopay, many times in the past I received a lower amount, so please check a legitimate on line currency converter before you make the transfer.

mfad a feeling of pressure on the head (but not burning) its one of the common side effects that usually goes away after a few days. I do not know if this is what you experienced though...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5490 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

Someone buy from strangelove and sell me some for a higher price.. I'll send you a check. I can't use bitcoins or PayPal..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users