* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5581 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:43 PM

I can confirm that NSI somehow works. NSI worked for my total emotional numbness... I cried like a baby when I was watching a scene from the movie/game. No doc has helped me, NSI did. I'm planning to order 2g from Strangelove when I get some money (which is rly hard when you're apathethic).

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5582 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

I took 80mg/day which may have been to much but I have read others who took more so I dont think that I overdosed.

This is no benign substance. Just use cerebrolysin. It works against everything NSI was supposed to but didn't and has virtually no side effects.

I do not really want to continue with this, but how do you think that you have not overdosed? NSI-189 is not for you, but do you think that you would have these magnitude of side effects if you were just using 10mg? If you check my past descriptions this is what I have been using where I could not handle more. Now that I do not have systemic inflammation (and the exact symptoms you reported in your first PM) I use 40mg/day orally, not more. There is a report a few months ago someone getting side effects at 40mg with a "sweet spot" and very positive effects at 35mg, sounds odd but this is what he said. Medication is not one size fits all (and self medicating is more tricky) you should start at 10mg as an "allergy test" and then get the clues to double the dose or in extreme cases quit. We had a guy with neuro lyme posting here before (you are anonymous here, but do you have lyme?) he used 10mg I suggested to him, he got serious side effects, tried once more and he quit. I sent him a gram to try for free, he saw it was not for him, he stopped, he even thanked me (even with the bad side effects!). I understand that this did not work out for you, but take some responsibility for what happened.

Again you generalize from your experience, I cannot use 2 vials cerebrolysin continuously because (at least in the past) was giving me even worst brain fog. I read all the good reviews too (as yourself on NSI-189 that you mentioned in your first PM) and I wanted cerebrolysin to work for me too... But after I got brain fog I never used the regular dosing schedule again. I had a friend from Romania to ship me again a good amount of cerebrolysin in exchange for NSI-189, but I never used it more than two days continuously, of course the effects were far from what I could get if I could handle regular dosing, but I never blamed cerebrolysin (that yes seems more benign than NSI-189) or pressed my luck when I saw that this did not work for me...

Its more of a theoretical speculation but neurontin could possibly help with paresthesia. I hope you will get better soon. More than anything you should look the underlying cause of your past problems. Its true that all the chemicals I have been taking these last years were helpful to keep me at a level to continue some of my responsibilities I had before I got sick, but you fix something and something else gets out of balance if you have an underlying cause that you not address directly. Otherwise you get the luxury to use all these as "lifestyle drugs" getting an extra edge than "just" trying to get better.

Edited by Strangelove, 18 August 2017 - 04:38 PM.

• Well Written x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5583 Shithead

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:02 PM

Cerebrolysin is made from pig brains. I would NEVER ingest, inject, or otherwise put anything from the brains of any animal in my system, as it could be contaminated with a prion protein, and thus there would be a risk of CJD (Creuttzfeld-Jacob disease). It might not manifest itself for as long as 20 years. Altogether in my 20 year career in Medicine, I have personally diagnosed and treated 3 patients with CJD, which is always fatal. 

• Informative x 2
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#5584 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:03 AM

Cerebrolysin is made from pig brains. I would NEVER ingest, inject, or otherwise put anything from the brains of any animal in my system, as it could be contaminated with a prion protein, and thus there would be a risk of CJD (Creuttzfeld-Jacob disease). It might not manifest itself for as long as 20 years. Altogether in my 20 year career in Medicine, I have personally diagnosed and treated 3 patients with CJD, which is always fatal. 

Everyone has his opinion, there is a long discussion on the Cerebrolysin "mega thread" before, the general concensus is that should be safe. but If you have a strong opinion on this (and interested) you may want to get in contact with the manufacturer.

http://www.cerebrolysin.com/

Its a serious company that spans decades, and only cerebrolysing has annual sales of over couple million dollars if I remember correctly. If you get in contact please get back to us! I do not plan to use cerebrolysin for a while, and from what I remember they purify down to sizes you cannot have prions in the solution, but another opinion would be nice.

#5585 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:21 AM

I took 80mg/day which may have been to much but I have read others who took more so I dont think that I overdosed.

This is no benign substance. Just use cerebrolysin. It works against everything NSI was supposed to but didn't and has virtually no side effects.

Its more of a theoretical speculation but neurontin could possibly help with paresthesia. I hope you will get better soon. More than anything you should look the underlying cause of your past problems. Its true that all the chemicals I have been taking these last years were helpful to keep me at a level to continue some of my responsibilities I had before I got sick, but you fix something and something else gets out of balance if you have an underlying cause that you not address directly. Otherwise you get the luxury to use all these as "lifestyle drugs" getting an extra edge than "just" trying to get better.

It's a very good speculation, since Gabapentin (neurontin, et c) was recently believed to partially inhibit neurological pain by inhibiting Neurogenesis - i.e, the exact opposite of the mechanism behind NSI-189 - it should also be mentioned... that Gabapentin is known to cause depression in a subset of patients... ; ) Seems pretty f**king lock-tite to me!

And for what it's worth... I did not experience any transient Paresthesia when I used NSI-189 in combination with Gabapentin.

NSI-189 during the days, and then GabaP during the nights - perfect combo.

#5586 Neurogenisisis

• 12 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:31 AM

I logged in for the first time in a long time. You can see my previous thread about longing to feel emotions of what I felt as a youngster.

I am 31 years now and things got worse three years ago. I was in Croatia at the time doing fun stuff. I came to an understand that I had anhedonia while jetskiing. A normal person would feel free, happy and a thrill. I, felt nothing while splashing around in full speed. I remember that I stopped close to small island with a lone house. I felt water on my feets, sticky sensation from the salt water on my legs while grasping a trembling motor and the hot sun while gazing at this island. I thought to myself, why can't I feel the beauty I am sorrounded with?

Since the understanding, things have gotten somewhat more okay. It isn't as numb as before and the change was time, but unfortunately I still don't feel a sensation in my stomach. I tried l-arginine and stomach bacterias, and it made more of an improvement. Still not as strong as before, although I had an fulfilling social event that made me really feel the sensation of warmth in my heart.

Last year I tried NSI-189 and failed to feel an big improvement. I tried 10 mg, 20 mg and 40 mg at the highest. It made me optimistic, but not like what some people had experienced already at day 1. I was clueless and my interest dropped.

Weeks ago I googled NSI-189 and stumbled on research statistics and the participants dosed it from 40 mg, 80 mg to as high as 120 mg! I was stunned, as I thought 120 mg sounded like a mountain of what I tried before. As I never tried over 40 mg, I thought for a few weeks to try above it. I had nothing to lose and didn't experience any side effects from the previous dosage.

Three days ago I took a deep breath, a little bit afraid of what to expect, I dosed 60+60 mg phosphate on empty stomach, three-four hours between (this was just an experiment). Nothing happened for an hour of the first 60 mg, so I got the car to do go and meet a person who wanted to buy my bike. Suddenly, a heavy sensation occured while in the car and I was nearly afraid that an accident would occur. I tried to gain control, of something I would call a small panic attack. It subsided after 10 minutes. Hours went and nothing special was going on. The buyer was late so I turn on the radio, trying to find something I liked. The thing is, I have had a hard time liking most music since years ago, as it just doesn't feel like it used to. I found myself sitting in the car, liking the music! Like old days.

The buyer came, I got my cash and I started having the best feeling for a very very long time. As I've sold bikes before (a side business) I usually feel a numb sensation of satisfaction to have a money. This on the other hand, felt real and connected to the world.

Later that day, I met up a friend and we went out for a jog. When we're finished, I could feel the sensation of endorphines and an extremely strong feeling of how healthy I was. Exactly that kind of feeling when I was exercising as a teenager. It is hard to explain how it felt, but a white sensation of just pure freedom and health. This lasted to the morning after.

This is the third day. The feeling of "health" has diminished and I am still on this super-high dose of 120 mg. I am normal, like in not depressed. Still, megadosing makes me afraid and nervous (I don't recall feeling nervous in three years) for permanent or long-lasting side effects. I haven't felt anything bad yet, maybe worse at cracking funny jokes to people as I see some people don't laugh (but this could be because I perceive it as more funny in my upbeat mode than it actually is).

Have anyone tried megadose at 120 mg for an extended time? Not really sure why I need this much, as I don't even tolerate a glas of wine.

And I am sorry Swisscurry-guy (don't recall name exactly) had a bad experience. It isn't for everyone. I nearly died on Lamotrigin once, for some people it is a miracle drug, for some few it could lead to death. I wish you best recovery.

I got my NSI-189 from Strangelove.

Also, sorry for my english, had to write it on my phone stressed before work.
  • like x 1

#5587 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

I am 31 years now and things got worse three years ago. I was in Croatia at the time doing fun stuff. I came to an understand that I had anhedonia while jetskiing. A normal person would feel free, happy and a thrill. I, felt nothing while splashing around in full speed. I remember that I stopped close to small island with a lone house. I felt water on my feets, sticky sensation from the salt water on my legs while grasping a trembling motor and the hot sun while gazing at this island. I thought to myself, why can't I feel the beauty I am sorrounded with? 

Exactly how i became aware of my own Anhedonia. Doctors tell you to do these activities to get out of depression, but we become depressed because we can't feel anything from doing things we should enjoy.

This is the paradox of biological Anhedonia. Keep up the fight, and we can't tell you if long term use of 3x NSI-189 a day is safe. 

But there was evidence in the studies showing 2x a day was more effective, but if its working for you then stick with it.

In my mind, Anhedonia is more dangerous than any drug we can take to treat it.

If it NSI-189 stops working for you i'd start visiting a psychiatrist and work through some different strategies, and explain as you have to us, to them and they will know best how to treat it.

#5588 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:16 AM

Exactly how i became aware of my own Anhedonia. Doctors tell you to do these activities to get out of depression, but we become depressed because we can't feel anything from doing things we should enjoy.

This is the paradox of biological Anhedonia. Keep up the fight, and we can't tell you if long term use of 3x NSI-189 a day is safe. 

But there was evidence in the studies showing 2x a day was more effective, but if its working for you then stick with it.

In my mind, Anhedonia is more dangerous than any drug we can take to treat it.

If it NSI-189 stops working for you i'd start visiting a psychiatrist and work through some different strategies, and explain as you have to us, to them and they will know best how to treat it.

I agree for the most part, but not that psychiatrists will have efficient strategies to treat this condition usually. You probably got lucky with yours. The first two I saw were useless, didn't know what anhedonia was, said I was just depressed put me on medication that's used for regular depression, the one where you feel sad, can't get out of bed etc. Waste of time and just made me worse, more hopeless. In my opinion, doing research and finding medications that have good chances of working like the ones you gave me then trying to convince a doctor to put you on it is the way to go. I believe if everyone did that they wouldn't be so many people reporting online that they were stuck with this for years and trying dozens of random medications by trusting psychiatrists with no success. For my part, I had finally found a psychiatrist that listened to what I had to say and agreed to put me on an MAOI, it truly made my mood much better but didn't bring my emotions back, I really think that if I add NTP to it, it would do the trick. Unfortunately he left me now but still getting refills of the Nardil I'm on. For now I'm trying to find a doctor that is willing to combine it with NTP, or switch to an SSRI with that tricyclic . Maybe it won't be easy, but I'm not going to waste my life trying medications like Welbutrin or SSRIs alone. To be honest I haven't even gotten another appointment yet. I also have other options but right now I'm trying that.

#5589 swisscurrie

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

I can confirm NSI-189 is poison that even the company admits doesn't work. Stocks have plummeted and Neuralstem are now close to bankrupt.

From many people I have talked to, NSI worsens anhedonia, causes severe anxiety disorders and agitation that can persist long after stopping and causes dullness, slowness and sometimes permanent nerve damage.

And Everpharma ensures that no replicable prions are in cerebrolysin. If you buy from some sketchy vendor from the internet there is always the risk but orginal cerebrolysin from Everpharma is not a risk for Mad cows disease
  • Disagree x 2
  • Needs references x 2
  • unsure x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1

#5590 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

It does take time to find a good shrink, Deaden. Keep on keeping on.

Also have you considered adding NSI-189 to Nardil? Strangelove and I have noticed great effects adding it to an MAOI.

There is definitely some synergy going on.

Swisscurrie,

On the contrary, 99% of people ive talked to have benefited from NSI-189, or have had no effect at all. You're the very first to have reported worsening symptoms caused by NSI-189.

And i do have a compilation of around 100 anecdotes of NSI-189 use.

Edited by jaiho, 22 August 2017 - 09:57 AM.

#5591 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

I can confirm NSI-189 is poison that even the company admits doesn't work. Stocks have plummeted and Neuralstem are now close to bankrupt.

Stop spreading misinformation. Neuralstem is nowhere near bankruptcy. They have cash for almost all of 2018. They just raised another $6M.
Also Neuralstem hasn't admitted anything. Nsi-189 isn't dead. Much anticipated cognition data still to come from the trial. Even the depression data requires further analysis and might as well result in Neuralstem proceeding with this indication.

#5592 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:32 AM

It does take time to find a good shrink, Deaden. Keep on keeping on.

Also have you considered adding NSI-189 to Nardil? Strangelove and I have noticed great effects adding it to an MAOI.

There is definitely some synergy going on.

Swisscurrie,

On the contrary, 99% of people ive talked to have benefited from NSI-189, or have had no effect at all. You're the very first to have reported worsening symptoms caused by NSI-189.

And i do have a compilation of around 100 anecdotes of NSI-189 use.

Could you please post this compilation, irregardless? I think many of us would love to see the reactions to the compound in one single place, which would also make it easier for those trying to decide if they should use or not use the drug as well.

I would also like to say, that I don't disbelieve Swisscurrie, because honestly - NSI-189 was bound to have outliers in the patient-population - after all... there are people whom get liver-failure from ONE high-dose use of Paracetamol/Acetaminophen! For litterally 99.99 % of the rest of us, it takes multiple high doses, or even month of high-level use for liver-damage to occur.

That is, alas, just how biodiversity and evolution itself works.

#5593 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:54 AM

https://drive.google...lRUVXpyMXc/view

Here it is

Closer to around 70 anecdotes actually, compiled from reddit, this forum and others.

Shoutout to bigjew222 on reddit for making it.

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#5594 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:57 AM

Here it is

Closer to around 70 anecdotes actually, compiled from reddit, this forum and others.

Excellent mate! Big cheers here, and a shoutout to BigJew222 as well! Fantastic work, really. = )

#5595 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:30 PM

Here it is

Excellent mate! Big cheers here, and a shoutout to BigJew222 as well! Fantastic work, really. = )

Thanks for the shoutouts, everybody!! I really appreciate how much everyone seems to be benefiting from it :-)

(I'm bigjew222 from reddit)

• Cheerful x 2
  • like x 2

#5596 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

"BigJew222" haha ;p 

Yeah concerning NSI-189... I'm still having trouble making a god damn papyal, not that it's too complicated but it's something to do with my credit card it's getting frustrating. I want to buy some from Strangelove. Wish he'd just give me his address so I can send him a check like I did with Ark before, but guess he doesn't want to. Trying to get my brother to do a PayPal for me right now.

Also, anyone knows if Cerebrolysin works for anhedonia? (don't say yes it works for depression, but yes it works for numbed emotions if it does ty). I'm curious to know as well where swisscurie gets his information from...

Edited by Deaden, 23 August 2017 - 12:03 AM.

#5597 Finn

• 135 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

Yeah concerning NSI-189... I'm still having trouble making a god damn papyal, not that it's too complicated but it's something to do with my credit card it's getting frustrating. I want to buy some from Strangelove. Wish he'd just give me his address so I can send him a check like I did with Ark before, but guess he doesn't want to. Trying to get my brother to do a PayPal for me right now.

Why aren't you getting bitcoins? He probably wants payment in them anyway?

http://www.longecity...182#entry818320

I ll accept only bitcoins from new members, and a new paypal from past trusted members, 

#5598 greatfit

• 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Which form do you find better - phosphate or freebase ? 

#5599 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

Which form do you find better - phosphate or freebase ? 

Phosphate - no question about it. Barely noticed a thing with freebase, Phosphate was much more effective.

There's probably a reason why they're using that form in the clinical trials...

And yeah, there's still actually trials going on! = ) They're trying it out for stroke and traumatic brain injury still, I believe. The results from animal testing, was, again, very promising there - so the chemical isn't quite ringed out yet!

#5600 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

Can someone kindly post a pic of 30/40 mg of NSI on a teaspoon? My scale isn't functioning properly, so I'm going to try using a visual reference for approx dosage amount.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#5601 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:06 PM

Has anyone here combined Nardil  (aka "Phenelzine") and NSI-189 together?

I'm on my fourth year of Nardil treatment for depression and it does absolutely nothing for me at this point... I'm wondering if I could

use NSI-189 alongside Nardil in order to taper off the Nardil completely (and of course, combine something else with this like Tianeptine sulfate, Noopept, Magnesium or similar if I begin to experience the 'NSI anxiety')

#5602 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

I haven't but I plan on it as soon as I get my NSI deliver, but it is safe some people combine MAOIs with NSI

#5603 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:03 AM

I'm on my fourth year of Nardil treatment for depression and it does absolutely nothing for me at this point... I'm wondering if I could

use NSI-189 alongside Nardil in order to taper off the Nardil completely (and of course, combine something else with this like Tianeptine sulfate, Noopept, Magnesium or similar if I begin to experience the 'NSI anxiety')

Strangelove might want to chime in, but personally, i found MAOIs boost the efficacy of NSI-189. 

Beats me on why.

I used Moclobemide + NSI-189 for a period of time with great benefit. Strangelove combines Parnate with it.

Could you perhaps swap over to Parnate if Nardil has pooped out?

#5604 greyfox

• 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:15 AM

Strangelove might want to chime in, but personally, i found MAOIs boost the efficacy of NSI-189. 

Beats me on why.

I used Moclobemide + NSI-189 for a period of time with great benefit. Strangelove combines Parnate with it.

Could you perhaps swap over to Parnate if Nardil has pooped out?

I just want to come off my Nardil completely -- do you think NSI-189 has enough antidepressant punch to allow me to do that?

Perhaps in combination with something else if need be? Like NSI-189 + Noopept, or NSI-189 + Tianeptine sulfate... etc

Last thing I'd need to figure out is whether to start NSI-189 concurrently with the Nardil dosage decrease/taper... seems like it would be the best idea. Only question is would I need to dose 20mg once daily for a while (multiple days or weeks) in order to begin feeling the benefits, or if they come on almost instantaneously/within 1 or 2 days of beginning NSI-189?

Edited by greyfox, 30 August 2017 - 01:17 AM.

#5605 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

Maybe, kind of worked for me on my anhedonia and kicked in after a month of dosing 20mg twice a day. if you have regular depression I don't know, some say it's placebo. Others else might be able to tell you. And yeah take tianeptine, doesn't work for everyone either but for me in high doses (100mg) it gives a strong anti depressant effect. I stopped taking tianeptine though not because I was afraid of addiction, but because I read it has opiate properties and wasn't sure if I kept on with high doses it would make my anhedonia worse long term.

Edited by Deaden, 30 August 2017 - 02:22 AM.

#5606 Tomwenn

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

Hi group,

Newly registered, have emotional blunting (sudden cessation of emotional feeling) which began overnight 8 years ago. I have read a comment or two about NSI-189 in helping with this, I was wondering if anyone in this forum has these symptoms, and been helped with this relatively new drug.

Many thanks.

#5607 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

yolo

Edited by Deaden, 30 August 2017 - 10:41 AM.

• unsure x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#5608 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Holy f***, I'm sorry but why do people wait years to start looking for treatments that are known to work in some people in restoring emotions?? Barely took me a couple months after my anhedonic state first set in... Do you not care about living a good life??

Go easy there.

I lived with anxiety for many years and thought it was normal, but it wasn't.

And Anhedonia crept up slowly for me and its very easy to just think you're getting older and it's normal to feel less emotion & enjoy things less.

Also people experience it differently, i can absorb information quite well and researched Anhedonia heavily. Others are unable to do this. 

Also, you don't know what Tomwenn has tried, he could have been on many meds.

Tomwenn, NSI-189 could help you. It has very minimal side effects, so it can't hurt to give it a good trial.

• Agree x 2
  • like x 1

#5609 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:43 AM

I laughed at my edit haha I'm so retarded :')) You're right you're right, when my anhedonia set in it took me something like two months to realize something was wrong with me... but probably also because of the memory issues that came with it. Then I thought I had a personality disorder like sociopathy or narcissism for quite some time and read many articles trying to diagnose myself. By the way... it's mind blowing for me that Donald Trump who is a clinical narcissist is the president of the US. It's just so obvious, how could people elect someone that's mentally ill...  Frustrates me, just shows how unreliable human kind is. Anyway off topic

Still curious of why it took him 8years to get on here, would like to know his story

Edited by Deaden, 30 August 2017 - 11:22 AM.

• Off-Topic x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5610 Twindaddy37

• 92 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:35 PM

Off the NSI topic- for those with treatment resistant depression, who are still searching for substances to help, i think methylene blue is worth trying. Apparently not to be combined with an SSRI/SNRI. I have combined it with tianeptine sulfate and NSI, with no issues in the past. I ran MB about 6 months ago with good effects and ran out. I ordered it again and am currently running it with tianeptine sulfate, and dosages of 10-15mg daily in 2 divided doses. Though i am not clinically depressed, the mood boost is quite striking with the addition of MB at these doses. I followed the dose used in a clinical trial years ago. Just thought id share if you haven't tried MB. There is a host of other effects that MB is touted for involving enhanced cognition (which is what i am using it for). Certainly worth a try. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/3555627

Edited by Twindaddy37, 30 August 2017 - 02:36 PM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users