* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#5701 CaptainJ

• 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:33 AM

hi i was trying to purchase NSI 189 from this UK guy on the forum who opened his own site selling powders and for some reason his site is defective so anyway i couldnt get anything. i have to ask, where else to go to purchase some of this at this desperate point??

I can highly recommend a board regular. a stand up guy, Strangelove. Send him a PM, be polite and tell him I sent you, and you will be on your way, my friend!

• Agree x 1

#5702 CaptainJ

• 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

I may not be a legend here yet, but I can vouch from StrangeLove.  The guy lives up to his name, really.  At any rate, I can vouch that he sends the stuff.  I am not familiar with it and havent experimented much yet, so that's all I'll clearly say for now, but I have a good feeling whatever quality he represents, he fulfills. I feel I have spoken as much as I can without overspeaking.  I am in the middle of an experiment with something else now, but this thread has inspired me to add this in, even though I accidentally experimented with St John's Wort earlier to help induce the cyp3A4 enzyme that would help eliminate something more quickly.  I now wish I hadn't, because it turned out after checking my voicemail that it was completely unnecessary, and has prevented me from eating pizza, cheese, and other things I would have partaken of tonight...even though Ive read the maoi thing supposedly isnt that real, I have had really bad night sweats once when using SJW very short term for this same purpose when I had a small window of time...

So while I am here, and it may be too late once I see an answer, would St John's Wort for whatever reason have an adverse reaction with either NSI-189 or Noopept?(in the search from the web that led me hear, I saw the brief description claiming a POSITIVE reaction, though I couldnt find the actual post(pg 189) while skimming the thread.   Thanks, I appreciate your help, folks.  And I also appreciate StrangeLove for giving me this oppportunity, whatever I make of it.  While I understand folks' concerns about the gentleman, I hope to assuage you of them.  I suppose I could also add some real combination data for one sitting, even more than I mentioned, if anyone is interested.  I haven't really read this thread yet, so let me know if that is something folks want us to share.  I'm not sure how we should word things about stuff that's not for human consumption, I want to do right by StrangeLove and by this great forum.   

I would be very interested in hearing your results from taking NSI-189 with various compounds... every bit of data can be useful, in the end.

I wouldn't combine NSI-189 with SJW though... because there IS NO official data on this - we have NO idea how NSI-189 metabolises - or if it even metabolises at all. (some medications, like Gabapentin for instance, hardly metabolises at all, leaving the body almost untouched.)

When it comes to the metabolism of NSI-189, I suggest having a look at the compounds its related too, and try to see if there's any connection between how THEY metabolise:

Nicotinamide

Pyrazine

Momelotinib

Are some of the substances which have chemical similarities to NSI-189.

It could very well be that SJW would interfere a LOT with NSI-189, since it interferes with nearly anything under the sun - we just don't know... In essence, I wouldn't use SJW with any kind of research chemical - it's too dangerous!

In closing, why do you even want to try SJW? It's generally considered weak-sauce for actual depression, you know - there's studies to back this up. You're better off with low-dose Tianeptine if you want something without SSRI-style effects, for dysthymia.

(please forgive my penmanship, I'm not completely myself at the moment for various reasons)

Oh, I completely agree!  I was using it short term(2 doses of 300mg x .3, then stopped because it was no longer needed) to induce the cyp3A4 enzyme that would help eliminate something more quickly.  it was maybe 6 and a half hours ago, the 2nd of the 2 capsules.  The nsi-189 was about 20mg, and maybe 8-10mg of Noopept with it, and that was an hour ago.  No noticable effects yet, nor no I really expect any, and that may play a part....nocebo effect?  Things dont seem to effect me as much as the average person(I think it is subconscious programming), or at least I dont seem sensitive enough to notice them...  I am not sure you can imagine the frustration of reading about all these "miracles" on here, and actually being the "non-healthy" people they are actually spposed to have an effect on, and every rarely noticing anything, let alone miracles. 

I admit I can get impatient and know full well it would have been more prudent to wait until the SJW was flushed, but due to personal reasons I felt like taking a small dose, and adding to the anecdotal data.  If the sponsor(I do studies sometimes, so Im used to referring to them that way) is reading this, maybe they will appreciate the free legwork we're putting in for them.   

I avoided some marked down nice looking cheese I bought tonight, as well as the frozen pizza I had planned to eat due to the SJW, but being I'd actually measured out the noopept and nsi-189 earlier, added to personal reasons, I felt alright doing it being I had only dosed twice and the last one was a decent bit ago, despite the long half life.  I want to state I clearly dont encourage anyone imitate me in any way or take this data as anything other than how it worked out for one person.  I do believe I saw someone in the search engine results claim a positive interaction, but did not see it in the actual forum.

I dont want to go back into hiding, It took much "experimenting" tonight to get me to post...that and encouragement to speak up for Strangelove when I saw others questioning his character.  I did not want to see his name besmirched, and it prompted me to actually post, lol.  I hope I dont return to "shunned" mode, lol.  Cheers to the whole lot of ya!  

I think you penned fairly well, considering the circumstances. = )

Anyways, I think you did the right thing with coming out of lurking and giving us your two cents! I hope to see more of you on the forums, perhaps you can even start a thread of your own, for your particular, unique issues? (I'm sensing a long history of some form or another, in you)

I think many people do report quite a bit of placebo btw, so don't take every report too unskeptically - the overall pattern I've seen, is that NSI-189 seems to mostly be effective for a specific type of depression, and not necessarily more so than SSRI's or MAOI's are for other forms of depression. (this is more or less what the trials have concluded as well, as far as I can tell)

Where it really shines, is in those of us whom have lighter, or harsher, cognitive damage of some kind.

PS: Many have reported that the benefits can take up to a month, similar to other forms of antidepressants - so there's miles to go, mate!

(personally, when I first used it and was the most impaired, depressed and burnt out, I'd say I noticed benefits about... 5 days into it - then it grew, until it plateaued about 3 weeks in)

Thanks about the penmensjhip.  I madee some edits.  In a short bit. and I'm guessing by your avatar that you can understand, my experiments will preclude me from any useful additions.  Anyhow, I am ADDING that I have tested NSI with St Johns Worrt(regretful, turned out to be unnecessary). DXM (yeaH), and lyrica, and have had no unpleasant effects.  I hope that isnt too Bluelight-ish, if it is let me know and I will cease and desist.  

Youre right that I have a back story....heck, many stories...I'm kinda like a one man Lewis and Clark who is stilll waiting for fate to finally give me a Pocahontas to help me to the promised land...whether it's a person or a substance or whatever....I"m seeking a guide of some sort.  

Edited by CaptainJ, 20 November 2017 - 07:51 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5703 bialas55

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2017 - 03:36 PM

Okay, I contacted the seller alibaba. I ordered 5g nsi and sent me something like that

Glad to hear from you!

Sorry, for this order we can not accept payment via Alibaba, hope you can understand.

As you know, this product is sensitive for the customs, so generally we will declare another common product name while making delivery in order to avoid customs problem. but Alibaba do not allow us to use fake product name, so this order is not suitable for Alibaba payment, hope you can understand.

We can accept payment via bank transfer or Western union ,you can choose the one you prefer, then i will send you relavant information.

Looking forward to your early reply.

Best regards,

Cathy

Is not it suspicious that you can not pay with a credit card for this reason, and from what I read Western Union and bank transfer is a fraudulent fraud?

#5704 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Okay, I contacted the seller alibaba. I ordered 5g nsi and sent me something like that

Glad to hear from you!

Sorry, for this order we can not accept payment via Alibaba, hope you can understand.

As you know, this product is sensitive for the customs, so generally we will declare another common product name while making delivery in order to avoid customs problem. but Alibaba do not allow us to use fake product name, so this order is not suitable for Alibaba payment, hope you can understand.

We can accept payment via bank transfer or Western union ,you can choose the one you prefer, then i will send you relavant information.

Looking forward to your early reply.

Best regards,

Cathy

Is not it suspicious that you can not pay with a credit card for this reason, and from what I read Western Union and bank transfer is a fraudulent fraud?

Don't buy from Alibaba... most of the peeps on there are not trustworthy, imho.

The only two or three trustworthy sources of NSI-189 are all members of this board.

Another note about labs - Chinese ones in particular - unless you're directly dealing with them and have set up your own third-party independent testing, in either the US or EU, then I wouldn't trust them to actually do a good job... it's the same thing all the time, always messing up some part of the synthesis or skipping steps to cut costs - anything for a quick buck! And it's not like they're doing this just because we're talking westerners... there have been multiple cases of people being poisoned by faulty drugs made in China for the Chinese market - even stuff like baby milk-powder! Several babies died... :' (

In several of these cases, the Chinese government have come down hard on the offenders, and given pretty much the lot of them the DEATH-penalty! However, they refuse to do something about the real problem - corruption which makes it so that laws about manufacturing and quality control are not actually enforced - which leads to a production-culture wherein everything goes.

Sorry for the rant here, but it's something that's been bothering me for some time.

On the other hand, they are indeed producing chemicals which are knock-offs, copyright infringement, so I suppose it comes with the job, if we want our drugs... Still, I wish it was different.

So, be careful, and always plan ahead for third-party testing.

#5705 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Btw, Neuralstem which created the drug have sent out multiple cease and desist letters and threatened legal action towards those that infringe on their property NSI-189, by manufacturing it - thereby the Alibaba issues I guess.

#5706 bialas55

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

From my perspective it looks like - I had to try an alternative source, if not here, and that was the only thing I knew of. If it is poor quality, it's hard. In general it is known that in the first place nsi here always.

#5707 Jigoku

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

Just found this giant thread.. Would NSI 189 be good for someone with DP/DR + history of chronic dissociation through early childhood to late adolescence? 

#5708 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:25 AM

What are the consequences of taking 80mg phosphate at once in the morning as opposed to splitting it in two doses? I'm just concerned of reduction in sleep quality.

#5709 CaptainJ

• 24 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

(rather than proofread my content, I wanted to prefix this by asking for understanding, and saying that "human" in not my first language[at times, at least], asking forgiveness for any typos or other oddities...gratitude in advance)

I just erased a rather epic post before posting it(purposefully).  My mind has seen how that is what my subsconscious often does. :/

For those who havent read this whole thread, or any of it at all, can I ask if there is any value in NSI for short term/immediate use?  I get that much of the effects comes after awhile, but wanted to ask if someone can offer their opinions for those new to this thread.  

Let me ask something out of left field(evolution thrives off of questions like that, yet requires a large number of them, and we dont currently have that in society...Jobs and Musks are few and far between, the establishment has reason to keep the ground as infertile as possible, and then quickly seize control of anything new that actually does sprout, but I digress).   

Anyhow, what if someone from the dextroverse.org wanders over here(while the owner who foulded up the site has it in a state of purgatory, at times I wonder if purposefully...how anyone can hold a site hostage and incapable of being used lliterally for years, it seems to be gross negligence, at least.  Imagine that here. Enough money, which there certainly is, would find someone able to resurrect a broken site, one would suspect?  Where there is a will, there IS a way.), sees this thread, and wonders if NSI-189 might combine well with DXM-hbr? (or anything else that bends consciousness in an unusual manner that may be less readily available than the aforementioned?)  Evolution seems to involve an endless set of tests, combinations, regardless if the majority fail, so I figured I may as well be the first to ask.  Plenty on here test the body to extend performance or lifespan by 10%, others test consciousness in mild and similar ways, and I'm rather certain their are some who test consciousness at deeper levels on here, so I'm asking on their behalf.  More specifically, my main curiosity lies with those whom may have had difficulities with those type of things before(possibly due to whatever differences express themselves in what we label as anxiety or similar), I enjoy seeking bridges so that all may commune, I feel it is a big part of my purpose here.  Maybe NSI-189 isnt part of a bridge at all, but I figured I'd ask the best minds we have if it may be of use as an adjunct to anything you can think of.  I want to express my gratitude in advance, for this community in general. 

While Im thinking of it, anyone else enjoy GINGER CHEWS?  I got some off of Amazon, and they purport to settle one's stomach...can be useful for research.  Not that they necessarily relate to NSI-189 at all, I'm just asking while it's on my mind.  :)

Edited by CaptainJ, 22 November 2017 - 06:05 AM.

#5710 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:41 AM

From my perspective it looks like - I had to try an alternative source, if not here, and that was the only thing I knew of. If it is poor quality, it's hard. In general it is known that in the first place nsi here always.

First of all, NSI-189 has failed phase II clinical trial.
I bought NSI-189 from Changzou Confucius on Alibaba. During chat they payment through alibaba would attract more fees, so they sent a link to pay via debit card.
After payment it took a long month before I received it.
Bad news:it did nothing good, for bad it might have messed up my memory recall and abstract thought processing.
Good news:after 2.5 years of struggle with emotinal flattening and anhedonia we've found the right combination, and after 10months I can appreciate the response. Yet, miles to go. I found the hard way there's no magic.

#5711 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

Just found this giant thread.. Would NSI 189 be good for someone with DP/DR + history of chronic dissociation through early childhood to late adolescence? 

Not likely to be beneficial - firstly, there's no evidence that NSI-189 has any effects on DP/DR -symptoms, whatsoever. It's very specific - it's aimed at soldiers with trauma-induced depression caused by hippocampal atrophy from extreme exposure to endogenous cortisol.

In general, if you have some sort of documented loss of brain-matter, and very wide cognitive symptoms, then it's the antidepressant for you.

if you've had this state since you were a small child, then it may even be something different from classical DP/DR - which is often drug-induced (ketamine, LSD, Psilocybin, mixed drug use), or a form of adaption which happens to certain people when they experience a lot of emotional trauma - the trauma then simulates the kind of glutamatergic storm which seems to trigger DP/DR. (from drugs)

Since you've had it for such a long time, I'm almost tempted to classify it as some sort of Neurodevelopmental disorder, and then you'll need medication for the rest of your life, but as far as I can tell, there's not much suggesting it is - except that the most common co-morbid disorders with DP/DR seems to be Schizophrenic-Spectrum disorders and Borderline - which are all nowadays considered forms of Neurodevelopmental disorders.

Have you been checked out for any of that?

https://en.wikipedia...er#Epidemiology

The permanent state of DP/DR is called Depersonalization Disorder.

IN short: DP/DR is a setting in your brain, to protect it - not an actual brain damage. You have to find the switch, not grow even more cells which will behave exactly the same as the ones you already have.

If you're looking for research chemicals to try, then I suggest you check out CERC-501 (kappa antagonist) - preferably in combination with the prescription drug LAMOTRIGINE - since that's a glutamate modulator.

#5712 bialas55

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

And so generally this nsi should be taken on an empty stomach, after a meal,between meals? Does it matter?

#5713 Shithead

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2017 - 07:18 AM

How many have combined NSI-189 and Nicotinamide riboside? Any reports? I suspect that they would be quite synergistic in neurogenic capability with the increased NAD levels.

#5714 ThreeKings12341

• 169 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:51 PM

I bought NSI-189 from Changzou Confucius on Alibaba. During chat they payment through alibaba would attract more fees, so they sent a link to pay via debit card.
Bad news:it did nothing good, for bad it might have messed up my memory recall and abstract thought processing.
Good news:after 2.5 years of struggle with emotinal flattening and anhedonia we've found the right combination, and after 10months I can appreciate the response. Yet, miles to go. I found the hard way there's no magic.

hey :)

whats the right combination? i also experience emotional numbness and anhedonia for 9 years now..

#5715 dmmbbs

• 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

hey :)

whats the right combination? i also experience emotional numbness and anhedonia for 9 years now..

Right combination varies from person to person, from time to time and with the exact diagnosis. I am provisionally diagnosed as bipolar NOS. People generally know that bipolar spectrum disorders are prone to manic switch in response to antidepressants, especially those with clinically important NET inhibition; what many of them don't know is not every manic switch is euphoric- many switch to dysphoric mania; moreover, this proneness is not only (or mostly) to manic switch- BD is more prone to treatment-resistant depression and to antidepressant poop-out as well. So that a drug is working in my case does not make me feel assured in that it may not work for long, or for the 2nd or 3rd time.  I had hyperthymic temperament all along my life before my depression set in; no sadness- eternal emptiness with pseudodementia and psychomotor retardation. 3 psychiatrists and a psychologist failed to diagnose accurately, and 4 was my lucky number. He tried several drugs viz. Lithium, Olanzapine-Fluoxetine combination, Lurasidone, Quetiapine, Lorazepam, Modafinil, Atomoxetine, Flupentixol etc. I found that 5mg Escitalopram provided maximal response, still only slightly, and so did 25mg Atomoxetine. Owing to suspected bipolarity ultimately we chose a TCA with mild SRI and NRI action, and with high antihistamine property to counter the severe insomnia  at that time. On starting Doxepin 75mg/day I faced severe psychomotor agitation, akathisia, restlessness and complete insomnia as I had previously experienced with 10mg Escitalopram and 40mg NSI-189 daily. Now I am on 300mg Doxepin, 450mg Lithium Carbonate, 1200mg N-acetylcysteine and Melatonin 3mg. That Doxepin was working was evident when severe insomnia was relieved from the 20th-ish day, then memory recall started improving on 150mg daily, then apathy started decreasing on 225mg and lastly, abstract and conceptual thought processing (on 300mg) started to return. Emotionality hasn't returned but I feel cognitive improvement and I am more active than ever in these 3yrs. Working memory and long-term memory recall has improved, not short-term memory commit. Anorexia/absolute loss of appetite/complete absense of hunger or satiety sensation(like there is no stomach) is a thing of past. Although I can now take interest in many(not all) of my previous pastimes, feelings of delight is still a past memory. Each and every conceivable improvement is taking longer than the previous one, but I am no longer the soulless idiot that I suddenly became in August 2014, from an emotional and intelligent person - having been which is my true nature. As a last note, I had been diagnosed as having Obscessive-Compulsive Personality Trait long ago(in my teens) by systematic psychological assessment(interview and tests), and even needed medical treatment(at an age of about 23-24yrs)- when Fluoxetine(40mg/day IIRC) did a very good job.

#5716 greendholia

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:45 PM

hey! are u still seeing improvements? And are the improvements u mentioned still present?   u take the nsi with water or...?

I just measure it out and lick it off the measuring scoop, I'm still seeing improvements. Increase in verbal fluidity, life seems better in general, nice visual boost it seems. (Lowers libido though). Also another side effect I noticed was that I found it easier to meditate longer and get into deeper states of meditation with it.

#5717 bialas55

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:35 AM

Can you take noopept with nsi? The question is whether noopept will not disturb the action nsi, because from what I read noopept also somehow affect the hippocampus?

#5718 Hyperflux

• 122 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:49 AM

Has anyone increased their dosage from 40 to 80mg after a while? What is worth it and what positives/negatives did you notice?

#5719 jag604

• 13 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

Does anyone know if I can get this in Canada?

#5720 face

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

Today would have been a good day to own Neuralstem stock - it closed 175% higher due to new information from the phase II study

Shares are rocketing 100% on back of the drug maker's successful updated Phase 2 clinical data in major depressive disorder, where the company's NSI-189 asset impressed at the 56th American College of Neuropsychopharmacology (ACNP) Annual meeting.

The 40 mg dose of the drug achieved statistical significance against the placebo, showing efficacy and antidepressant impacts for NSI-189, as reported in the poster presentation: “A Phase 2, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of NSI-189 Phosphate, a Neurogenic Compound, Among Out-Patients with Major Depressive Disorder.” The cognitive advantages seen on Cogrscreen were on objective as well as subjective measures, in terms of attention and memory. With the CUR team cheering the "meaningful" benefits of its drug, the Street is taking bullish notice of a drug that looks both safe and well-tolerated, with no serious adverse events experienced during the trial. Two added self-rated secondary endpoints, CPFQ and QIDS indicated improvements in depressive symptoms that hit statistical significance, further placing the prior SDQ endpoint's benefit in spotlight.

“NSI-189 appears to be a broad-acting antidepressant, with effects in both core symptoms of depression and in aspects of cognition where standard antidepressants typically show very modest effects. These results warrant the continued study of this compound among MDD patients who are inadequately managed by current antidepressant therapies,” said Maurizio Fava, MD, Director of the Division of Clinical Research of the MGH Research Institute and Executive Vice Chair, Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital, and the principal investigator of the trial.

In the Phase 2 trial, 220 subjects were randomized to: NSI-189 40mg daily (n=44), NSI-189 80mg daily (n=44), or placebo (n=132) for 6 weeks (Stage 1). At the end of 6 weeks, placebo-treated subjects who were non-responders (defined as less than 50% reduction in Montgomery-Asberg Depression Rating Scale (MADRS)) with a MADRS score greater than 15 were re-randomized to 6 weeks treatment with NSI-189 40 mg daily (n=22), NSI-189 80 mg daily (n=22), or placebo (n=22) (Stage 2). Patients on NSI-189 who completed Stage 1 continued the same dose for another 6 weeks. The primary outcome measure was the MADRS. Secondary outcome measures included the 17-item Hamilton Depression Rating (HAMD-17), the Symptoms of Depression Questionnaire (SDQ), the Cognitive and Physical Functioning Scale (CPFQ), the patient-rated version of the Quick Inventory of Depressive Symptomatology Scale (QIDS-SR), and CogScreen and CogState objective cognitive tests. Efficacy results concerning all patients randomized in Stage 1 were pooled (50:50 weighted average) with the Stage 2 results of all re-randomized patients who had been non-responders to placebo in Stage 1.

Using the Sequential Parallel Comparison Design (SPCD) pooled analysis approach, MADRS score reduction from baseline with 40mg or 80mg NSI-189 versus placebo did not reach statistical significance (mean difference -1.8, p=0.22, mean difference -1.4, p=0.34, respectively). However, the 40 mg dose resulted in a statistically significant reduction in SDQ (mean difference -8.2, p=0.04), and CPFQ scores (mean difference -1.9, p=0.03) versus placebo in the pooled SPCD analyses. There was also a statistically greater reduction in QIDS-SR scores versus placebo for patients treated with 40 mg of NSI-189 in Stage 2 (-2.5, p=0.04), but not Stage 1. Differences for the 80 mg dose versus placebo on these three self-report measures were not statistically significant.

In addition, the 40mg dose also showed statistical advantages on objective measures of attention and memory as per the Cogscreen test, but not the Cogstate test: Simple Attention (SATADRTC, p=0.034; Complex Attention (SATACACC, p = 0.048) and Memory (SDCDRACC, p = 0.002; also seen with 80mg dose, p = 0.015).

Both doses were well-tolerated with 0, 0 and 7 subjects discontinuing treatment with 40mg, 80mg and placebo, respectively, due to intolerance in Stage 1, and 1,0 and 1 subjects discontinuing treatment with 40mg, 80mg and placebo, respectively, due to intolerance in Stage 2. Furthermore, no subjects treated with NSI-189 experienced a serious adverse event during the study.

"We are extremely pleased that the novel, neurogenic, neurotrophic mechanism of action of NSI-189 has shown both antidepressant and pro-cognitive activity in depressed patients, and which appears to result in meaningful benefit as reported both by the patients themselves and by objective computerized measurements. These results further support those from the previous Phase 1b in subjects with MDD, which demonstrated potential efficacy on both depression and cognition scales. We look forward to meeting with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the first half of 2018 to further define the clinical development and regulatory paths for NSI-189, as well as to submit the results of this study to a peer reviewed publication by the end of this year," said Rich Daly, Chairman and CEO, Neuralstem.

#5721 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:46 AM

HUH!!

Interesting... why is there such a difference between the MADRS-test and the other tests? Is Neuralstem fibbing the results, like how was done with Reboxetine (that drug works, but for a very select few depressed people), or do these tests actually measure somewhat different things? Would this then imply that NSI-189 improves somewhat different symptoms than SSRI's, for instance?

I suppose there's also the possibility that some of the treatment-resistant peeps in the trials are, sadly, NOT regular depressed patients, with neuron-loss, but ATYPICAL patients, which is logical, they are more often treatment-resistant, and those patients don't have the same cognitive problems, since their depression isn't connected to neuro-atrophy, but to some kind of inflammatory state, in turn connected to dopamine and kappa-receptors.

This then, is going to reflect badly on NSI-189... because it doesn't affect that type of depression - it works on TYPical depression.

#5722 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:11 PM

haha that maurizio fava dude really has his name on every bit of research :)

#5723 DEChengst

• 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

I've been on the phosphate for about five weeks now. Got mine from our dear forum member Strangelove. I'm taking 45-50 mg one time a day on most days. On some days, when a feel like I can use a bit extra, I take two dosages. At first I planned on dissolving  it in alcohol for ease of dosing. When I looked into ordering the supplies I needed for that, it turned out I would need to order a three different webshops to get all the stuff I wanted. That made me decide to try just weighing it out each day on my milligram scale first. After a week I decided that actually works for me so I'm sticking with that.

I take it by tipping the powder into my mouth, wait for it to dissolve in my saliva, and than swallow it. The first part of the taste has a bit of a sour like note to it for me. It quickly becomes bitter with some chemical burned like taste to it. It also slightly numbs my tongue.

Effects: I guess it mostly changes my way of thinking. I'm more clear minded, find it easier to force myself to do things and I don't get frustated with myself as easily as I normally do. I also find it easier to be optimistic about my future. At work I notice I tend to take more initiative. Haven't noticed any side effects. What it seems to do for me is that it allows me to change myself in a positive way. I'll continue taking it the next 5 months or so until I run out. Already thinking about ordering more to do another run of it next year after summer has passed.

Edited by DEChengst, 09 December 2017 - 05:57 PM.

#5724 arch2infinity

• 7 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

This is my second day of dosing 20mg phosphate. I have a history of depression in the last 5 or so years (currently 23), and for the past 2-3 months experimenting with mostly natural nootropics/supplements I've been seeing great success.

Most of what drags me down is repetitive thought patterns. Its a shame that I didn't find NSI earlier as it may have saved months/years of trial and error with other substances. Recently I feel like I've been really digging out a lot of the irrational beliefs, so I'm not sure if I will find so much benefit from NSI but something compelled me to try it anyway.

I feel a bit more sluggish today, maybe because I pigged out on a shit load of biscuits in the afternoon. One benefit that may be due to the NSI is that I realise how good I look in the mirror lol. Not in a vein sense, but I think everyone is attractive in their own right when calm and relaxed if that makes sense. You can just see the wellbeing in someones face, and many times looking at my reflection would give me a shot of adrenaline as I subconsciously realised how anxious/uncomfortable/depressed I look. Yesterday and today I've had quite a calm, stoic resting face which I love. Very engaged, ready, focused etc. Again, this may not even be the NSI this week I've made great progress with other nootropics....

That being said, I'll truck on for a few more days at least and hopefully the lazy sluggishness will wear off. I can't say that I will personally see crazy benefits like others as I'm not currently in a deep depression/anxiety state, although I have been for many years prior to the last couple of months..

Edit: Proof reading this post makes me realise how straight to the point I am in speech or text expression. No bullshit, I write what needs to be written and thats it. Again, maybe the NSI? Who knows as its way to early. It may have taken me half an hour to get this post out in the past as I makes sure everything is in perfect order, worrying about missing any key points etc. 

Edited by arch2infinity, 09 December 2017 - 07:51 PM.

• like x 1

#5725 Roy Richard

• 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

I bought freebase a while back but I haven't done this before. I have a jeweler's scale. Do I use that and just measure it out to 40 mg each day or something? Is that the proper dosage? Just want to make sure I don't fuck this up. What should I use to take the stuff out of the bag and put it on the scale?

#5726 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

I bought freebase a while back but I haven't done this before. I have a jeweler's scale. Do I use that and just measure it out to 40 mg each day or something? Is that the proper dosage? Just want to make sure I don't fuck this up. What should I use to take the stuff out of the bag and put it on the scale?

Get a milligram-scoop/spatula - something like this:

https://www.amazon.c...g/dp/B0044EOKLI

And then measure it out. With Freebase you require a higher dosage than with phosphate, unless you do sublingual (letting it absorb under your tongue) - it tastes like sh*t and causes a burning sensation though, so keep that in mind.

Generally it seems to be 2x as much freebase as phosphate, if you put it in pill-caps and then swallow it - and since 40 mg is the start-dose in studies... you would then need 80 mg freebase orally. (swallow in pill)

Caps like these can be used:

https://www.amazon.c...rd_w=wt4ba&th=1

However, not everyone always responds the best to the regular dosage, some require smaller - so, 40 mg freebase (corresponding to 20 mg phosphate, my own dosage) is actually a good starting point. = )

Try 40 mg for a few days, and unless you see an effect, or no ill effects, you then increase to 80 mg per day.

Of course, if you do sublingual you could just test out 20 mg first, before you go higher.

#5727 Roy Richard

• 13 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:14 PM

Thanks, brother!

• Cheerful x 1

#5728 Avila

• 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

And then measure it out. With Freebase you require a higher dosage than with phosphate, unless you do sublingual (letting it absorb under your tongue) - it tastes like sh*t and causes a burning sensation though, so keep that in mind.

Generally it seems to be 2x as much freebase as phosphate, if you put it in pill-caps and then swallow it - and since 40 mg is the start-dose in studies... you would then need 80 mg freebase orally. (swallow in pill)

However, not everyone always responds the best to the regular dosage, some require smaller - so, 40 mg freebase (corresponding to 20 mg phosphate, my own dosage) is actually a good starting point. = )

Try 40 mg for a few days, and unless you see an effect, or no ill effects, you then increase to 80 mg per day.

Of course, if you do sublingual you could just test out 20 mg first, before you go higher.

I'm pretty sure this is backward. The freebase is approximately twice as potent as the phosphate, so 20mg freebase roughly = 40mg phosphate. The phosphate is more orally bioavailable though. The freebase apparently works better sublingually.

Edited by Avila, 11 December 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#5729 arch2infinity

• 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:26 PM

I'm pretty sure this is backward. The freebase is approximately twice as potent as the phosphate, so 20mg freebase roughly = 40mg phosphate. The phosphate is more orally bioavailable though. The freebase apparently works better sublingually.

This was my understanding also.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5730 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

Hmm, you know, I think you might be right there - it's not entirely clear to me however, just how much the impact of the bio-availability is though. I've seen so many reports on reddit with how people bash freebase for having such feeble bioavailability that they hardly react to it, compared to phosphate.

But still, I do recall this... how multiple peeps have bought the freebase since it can be used with lower dosages sublingual, yielding similar benefit.

I suppose it might be a good idea if he, and others, try 10 mg if they're going to use freebase sublingually first then, yeah? Better safe than sorry.

I guess the difference is a bit complicated?

10 mg sublingual freebase = 20 mg phosphate, oral.

40 mg oral freebase = 20 mg phosphate, oral.

Yeah, that's probably more like it... Can someone, which I believe even calculated this accurately, come out with the official data again? I obviously need a refresher on this.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)