* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#751 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Let us all not forget that Limitless was FICTION. It is highly unlikely that a substance like that will ever come into existence. This does in no way mean that nootropics are not worthwhile.

"There are 65 users reading this topic" MSN and Bing.

You serious? How in the hell did we get this much attention?

from us using the same keywords and phrases people search for over and over! Mentioning enn zhi tea surely must do the trick! thousands of people out there reading this who want nothing more than to take over markets and become mayor like that actor from a hangover! off topic but the first half of that flick rules. he would have been much cooler as a bestselling author. I hope when we do find it, if we do, it dosent turn us all into greedy f*kers like dude from a hangover!

I doubt that a single substance can do that as well, but one should never underestimate future technology. I think it is rather likely that we (or some) may become as intelligent as "Eddie Morra", though from a range of drugs, each having different effects on the brain.

I agree, with all the high-tech noots that have recently surfaced, and all the futur generation noots, Nzt isn't as far fetched as "doubling or trippling one's lifetime "
  • like x 1

#752 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

UPDATE:

I have just received word from the lab that the NSI-189 (>=99.9% PURITY) is due to be shipped to me via air courier by next THURSDAY 27th JUNE :)

In order to prevent delays in mailing out participants individual quantities we need to ensure that all participants have provided their MAILING DETAILS (i.e. FULL NAME and MAILING ADDRESS) to SUNSHINEFROST via a PM MESSAGE. Once we have received all MAILING DETAILS we will then feedback what will be the respective SHIPPING COST for each participant that will need to be provided prior to dispatch. ;)
  • like x 15
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#753 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Excellent! Thanks again SG.

One small step for Longecity.

#754 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

If anyone of you who'll be trying this substance out don't want to keep it, please let me know and I'll be willing to buy it from you.

#755 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Someone please explain something to me:
Neurostem has the patent on NSI-189 (ref: http://investor.neur...icle&id=1809130).
So, how can another company synthesize and sell it for profit?
Thanks.

#756 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Because, until it gets clinical trial Phase II or III that patent won't become effective (I guess, can't think another reason, unless twhat group buy is doing is ilegal lol).

#757 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

Because, until it gets clinical trial Phase II or III that patent won't become effective (I guess, can't think another reason, unless twhat group buy is doing is ilegal lol).

Added to that is the fact that, aside from the lab, there is in fact absolutely NO PROFIT being made here, in that the price paid by the participants is the price charged by the lab. In other words I am not purchasing it and selling it on for a profit. :)

If someone were to have some NSI-189 custom synthesized and then started selling it for a profit, then that would very likely land them in hot water ;)
  • like x 3

#758 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Almost there ... I think i'm having placebo effects as we speak lol !!!!

I'm still waiting for most participants to send me their shipping adress. Since the cost of delivery still needs to be dealt with, i'm thinking about opening a second payitsquare page where participants could both pay for shipping and provide adresses.

We also have to figure out what we will pay for shipping. The cost isn't going to be the same for everyone. I'm thinking we should make 1 price for everybody, if there are surplus, scienceguy should keep it for his efforts.

I collected maybe 15 adresses so far... What do you think ?

• like x 1

#759 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

So, who's going to be the blind control? :wacko:

#760 BobMarin

• 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

Added to that is the fact that, aside from the lab, there is in fact absolutely NO PROFIT being made here, in that the price paid by the participants is the price charged by the lab. In other words I am not purchasing it and selling it on for a profit. :)

If someone were to have some NSI-189 custom synthesized and then started selling it for a profit, then that would very likely land them in hot water ;)

I think he is referring to the lab actually synthesizing and selling it to longecity, which is a good question.

#761 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

I think he is referring to the lab actually synthesizing and selling it to longecity, which is a good question.

Correct ... It seems like whoever is synthesizing and selling a patented substance would be legally liable for infringement of patent rights.

#762 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:09 PM

It is a good question; however, the lab is not selling it to LONGECITY; it is selling it to me; and exclusively for RESEARCH USE (on my LAB RAT), which is exempt from PATENT INFRINGEMENT. Furthermore, I am simply passing on the material to other RESEARCHERS, again exclusively for RESEARCH USE ONLY wherein there is NO PROFIT involved ;)

Correct ... It seems like whoever is synthesizing and selling a patented substance would be legally liable for infringement of patent rights.

Possibly, but not necessarily given this should qualify as an instance of RESEARCH EXEMPTION ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 19 June 2013 - 06:13 PM.

• like x 2

#763 jly1986

• 166 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

It is a good question; however, the lab is not selling it to LONGECITY; it is selling it to me, exclusively for RESEARCH USE (on my LAB RAT), which is exempt from PATENT INFRINGEMENT. Furthermore, I am simply passing on the material to other RESEARCHERS, again exclusively for RESEARCH USE ONLY wherein there is NO PROFIT involved ;)

Possibly, but not necessarily given this should qualify as an instance of RESEARCH EXEMPTION ;)

Your explanation does not make any sense from a legal standpoint. I think Neurostem would have legal basis to prosecute patent infringement against the sythesizing company, if it wanted to.

#764 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

ScienceGuy, are there any recommendation about how to store the compound? Room temperature, fridge, freezer ?
  • like x 3

#765 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

Your explanation does not make any sense from a legal standpoint. I think Neurostem would have legal basis to prosecute patent infringement against the sythesizing company, if it wanted to.

You need to read up on EUROPEAN Law; it is somewhat different to the USA ;)

Even so, I am not saying that a PATENT INFRINGEMENT case could not be initiated; but it is certainly not as clear cut as you might think given the RESEARCH EXEMPTION regulations that apply in the EU, wherein the law is different in the USA. Even so, IMO this particular situation is certainly a grey area :)

#766 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

Exactly, we all are here just researching. I didn't even think I would start a discussion with that comment.

Nothing out of legality is being done here. And if it is, we won't dig on that :-D
  • like x 1

#767 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

WOW, NYSE:CUR really shot up today. Nearly 12%. Anyone have news on this jump?

#768 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Not so big volume and it seems that it have troubles passing through the weekly 50MA (the red line) so shorts may jump on it. But, if it breaks above $1.60 I'm jumping in for a quick flip trade, as it seems its clear skies till $1.95.
I'll be watching it on Monday on the market opening very closely.
Posted Image

#769 Bion Alex Howard

• 6 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

SeekingAlpha posted a positive review of their company on 19 June. Since it's a pretty well-trafficked site, we might attribute it to that.

#770 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:05 PM

Not so big volume and it seems that it have troubles passing through the weekly 50MA (the red line) so shorts may jump on it. But, if it breaks above $1.60 I'm jumping in for a quick flip trade, as it seems its clear skies till $1.95.
I'll be watching it on Monday on the market opening very closely.
Posted Image

I don't think $3 is far fetched if positive results come out from NSI-189 trial.

#771 Bion Alex Howard

• 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:34 AM

Honestly, i think the company is vastly undervalued, but that's just me.

#772 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

OK, if this turns out to be a success I would like to order more NSI-189 immediately and in a larger scale. I would like to give it to my parents (who also could use better memory), but especially to my Alzheimer-affected grandmother. However, I think Synthex is a bit on the pricey side, so which other labs do you think are cheaper, but also reliable? We can exclude Novochemy, due to their lack of competence, but how about T&W Group or Sigma Aldrich? Are they any cheaper?

Edited by Megatrone, 23 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.

• like x 1

#773 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Great news. Waiting really is the hardest part.

ScienceGuy: I'm wondering how you will be labelling the packages containing NSI-189 to people in the group buy? For example, the manufacturer who synthesized my Dihexa did not label it according to its correct chemical name -- they instead stated that it was an FMOC-protected intermediate for peptide synthesis.
I'm not sure if you would do something similar to this, but it may be for the best. I know you're a by-the-books kind of guy, but it would be horrible if our package was stopped at customs.

Edited by Xenix, 23 June 2013 - 04:05 PM.

• like x 2

#774 lourdaud

• 516 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

Hm any ideas why Neuralstem had such a big drop today?

#775 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

Delivery day for ScienceGuy. Not long now.
  • like x 1

#776 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

THE TIME HAS COME

PRAISE ERIS

#777 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

Does anyone want to play Devil's advocate and suggest why hippocampal growth/size increase from this compound may not be permanent?

#778 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Does anyone want to play Devil's advocate and suggest why hippocampal growth/size increase from this compound may not be permanent?

I'd also be curious to hear about the hypothesized LT risks such as cancer

#779 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:40 PM

"Use it or lose it", its very difficult to determine whether extra cognitive activity is needed during the 'therapy' with NSI and how lasting these changes can be. In order to know that, we should carefully examine mechanism of action of NSI and how is hippocampal volume related to healthy brain, shouldn´t we?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#780 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'm curious as to how/why it is specific to the hippocampus (or does it impact other tissue also). Obviously very curious about the mechanism of action also.

Edited by prophets, 27 June 2013 - 08:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)