NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#811 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

Thanks for the update ScienceGuy, however that's rather disappointing. I would have expected you to have it by now. I'm guessing it'll take at least another month till we have it.

Megatrone always gets the down votes. Come on people, give him a break.

Agreed. Pushing for a little efficiency never hurt anybody...

I suggest all three of you re-read the previous UPDATE of mine in which I state the following:

Regarding the TIME FRAME, please kindly note that the lab informed me they would be proceeding with the order on MONDAY 6th MAY and that once they received delivery of all the raw materials required for completing the synthesis the lead time to complete the synthesis would be approximately 5 weeks. Therefore, one needs to allow not only for the time taken for the lab to source, order and receive delivery of all the raw materials, but also the possibility that it might take them a bit longer than they originally estimated to achieve the desired quality of product, namely >=99.9% PURITY.

Tomorrow is MONDAY 17th JUNE, which is only 6 WEEKS since the order start date, hence I expect it is going to be a minimum of a couple of weeks before the lab is ready to ship the product to me. I just wanted to put this out there to facilitate everyone having a realistic understanding of the ETA on this...

And so, with the utmost respect why on earth would you now post something like "I would have expected you to have it by now." :wacko:

And PROGRESS_ you should note that "pushing for a little efficiency" in this particular instance is not only entirely inappropriate, but will achieve nothing whatsoever regards speeding up the process... furthermore, it will only serve to annoy me to the extent that I decide not to assist with enabling group buys to occur in future... and so it is not entirely accurate to state that this will "never hurt anybody" is it? :sleep:

Edited by ScienceGuy, 06 July 2013 - 04:54 AM.

• like x 7

#812 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

Thanks for the update ScienceGuy, however that's rather disappointing. I would have expected you to have it by now. I'm guessing it'll take at least another month till we have it.

I suggest all three of you re-read the previous UPDATE of mine in which I state the following:

Regarding the TIME FRAME, please kindly note that the lab informed me they would be proceeding with the order on MONDAY 6th MAY and that once they received delivery of all the raw materials required for completing the synthesis the lead time to complete the synthesis would be approximately 5 weeks. Therefore, one needs to allow not only for the time taken for the lab to source, order and receive delivery of all the raw materials, but also the possibility that it might take them a bit longer than they originally estimated to achieve the desired quality of product, namely >=99.9% PURITY.

Tomorrow is MONDAY 17th JUNE, which is only 6 WEEKS since the order start date, hence I expect it is going to be a minimum of a couple of weeks before the lab is ready to ship the product to me. I just wanted to put this out there to facilitate everyone having a realistic understanding of the ETA on this...

And so, with the utmost respect why on earth would you now post something like "I would have expected you to have it by now." :wacko:

Hey ScienceGuy, I think you're doing an awesome job of running this group buy and keeping us updated. I have zero complaints. Seriously, thanks for putting in all of your valuable time for FREE. You (and others like you) are the reason I'm on this site.
  • like x 8

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#813 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:03 AM

Hey ScienceGuy, I think you're doing an awesome job of running this group buy and keeping us updated. I have zero complaints. Seriously, thanks for putting in all of your valuable time for FREE. You (and others like you) are the reason I'm on this site.

+1 !
  • like x 4

#814 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:55 AM

The reason I keep nagging, is because there's almost nothing in the world that upsets me more than somebody not being able to keep deadlines and ETA's. When the lab said they were probably going to ship it by the 27th of June, I got my hopes up again. Seriously, why would they say something like that when they're in fact weeks away?

I don't really know what kind of motive you guys have for purchasing this substance, but for me it's because this potentially could be a life/game changer. If I'm to have any future within academia or science I need a better memory. My working memory is better than the average's, but my long-term-memory is down the toilet. I have been one of the most disciplined persons at my school over the years, but the last year (now college) I've come to realize that discipline is far from enough. My entire life has been based on discipline (motivation at the bottom of course). Almost immediately after starting college, I realized that cognitive abilities far outweigh discipline when it comes to science studies (at least in my case). At this point, everything was just blown away: my motivation, my discipline, everything. For 3/4 of a year, I was pretty lazy for the first time in my life. However, I have regenerated some of my discipline the last couple of months. In the end abilities even win over solid motivation when it comes to high-level-thinking. Sorry for appearing melodramatic, but this is my state right now. I NEED this.
  • dislike x 6
  • like x 3

#815 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

Also dont forget Scienceguy wants it to be tested by purity, this will take sometime, only after this has been done he can ship it to us I think...

#816 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

The reason I keep nagging, is because there's almost nothing in the world that upsets me more than somebody not being able to keep deadlines and ETA's. When the lab said they were probably going to ship it by the 27th of June, I got my hopes up again. Seriously, why would they say something like that when they're in fact weeks away?

I don't really know what kind of motive you guys have for purchasing this substance, but for me it's because this potentially could be a life/game changer. If I'm to have any future within academia or science I need a better memory. My working memory is better than the average's, but my long-term-memory is down the toilet. I have been one of the most disciplined persons at my school over the years, but the last year (now college) I've come to realize that discipline is far from enough. My entire life has been based on discipline (motivation at the bottom of course). Almost immediately after starting college, I realized that cognitive abilities far outweigh discipline when it comes to science studies (at least in my case). At this point, everything was just blown away: my motivation, my discipline, everything. For 3/4 of a year, I was pretty lazy for the first time in my life. However, I have regenerated some of my discipline the last couple of months. In the end abilities even win over solid motivation when it comes to high-level-thinking. Sorry for appearing melodramatic, but this is my state right now. I NEED this.

Dude, you seriously need to chill. Do you honestly think you're the only person that needs a substance like this? From what I've read of your story above, you have very little to complain about compared to others on this board.

I had a brilliant future ahead of me -- all ripped apart from chronic carbon monoxide poisoning; everywhere I look about getting treatment from my situation I hear and read the words "irreversible brain damage" again and again. This substance is the ONLY thing in the whole world that MAY provide me some hope with dealing with the endless headaches, NO short-term memory, infinite fatigue, nausea and all the other loveliness I experience every waking moment caused my HIPPOCAMPAL ATROPHY and anoxia from CO poisoning. My plan B is suicide, what is yours?

Man, right now I have NO future. I can't hold a job, let alone any kind of real relation-- or friendship because my brain has been physically damaged. Trust me, you have very little to complain about.

You ARE coming off as quite selfish and desperate.

This is quite clearly out of ScienceGuy's hands, and the custom lab he is getting it synth'd by does not operate around you and your "pretty lazy"ness.

It's done when it's done.
  • like x 11

#817 progress_

• 17 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

And PROGRESS_ you should note that "pushing for a little efficiency" in this particular instance is not only entirely inappropriate, but will achieve nothing whatsoever regards speeding up the process... furthermore, it will only serve to annoy me to the extent that I decide not to assist with enabling group buys to occur in future... and so it is not entirely accurate to state that this will "never hurt anybody" is it? :sleep:

My post was not intended to criticize you personally in any way (I edited the post to more clearly reflect that right after posting the first one), nor was it a direct attack on your current group buy. My point was related to the overall organization of future group buys, and as a direct response to Megatrone. You are doing a great job with this group buy, a pioneering effort (and I thank you for it).

I must also say that I did NOT really read your current updates on the group buy before responding to Megatrone lol, henche the nature of my comment.

I've dealt a little with labs before and know that the time from order to shipment is not always fixed. Dealing with very eager participants can probably be tiring as well.

That being said, I CAN also emphasize with the desire and feeling of urgency Megatrone is expressing and in general pushing for efficiency is not a bad thing.

:)

Edited by progress_, 06 July 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#818 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I may not have said this earlier, but my real frustration is really with the PRL 8-53 group-buy. My critique is not directed at Q did it or ScienceGuy, but in fact at the amateurs at Novochemy. I had expected to get the drug ready for testing months ago. And it wasn't until we were supposed to have received the drug, they told us about their failed attempts at synthesizing it. What on earth? Aren't they supposed to go through and discuss all the steps and processes in the synthesis route of a drug prior to taking an order for it, to check if they will be able to make it? I find this rather ridiculous and wildly irritating.
  • dislike x 8
  • like x 2

#819 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

UPDATE:

I have just received word from the lab that the NSI-189 (>=99.9% PURITY) is due to be shipped to me via air courier by next THURSDAY 27th JUNE :)

In order to prevent delays in mailing out participants individual quantities we need to ensure that all participants have provided their MAILING DETAILS (i.e. FULL NAME and MAILING ADDRESS) to SUNSHINEFROST via a PM MESSAGE. Once we have received all MAILING DETAILS we will then feedback what will be the respective SHIPPING COST for each participant that will need to be provided prior to dispatch. ;)

I absolutely understand why Megatrone is pissed off. If they give you their word to ship the NSI on June 27th and are still a week or more away from shipping on July 6th, then this is pretty bad business conduct. I wouldn't be surprised if this custom synthesis ended in the same disaster in the final stages as the PRL synthesis did with NovoChem. You just don't give word and then don't keep it. No matter in which area of life. Leaves a sour taste.

This is absolutely no criticism against ScienceGuy and Q did it!. You guys are awesome and doing a superb job!

#820 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

Guys, i'm still missing several participants physical adresses. For thoses who didnt do it yet; Please send me a pm with your full name and adress.

Thanks

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#821 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

I want it now!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#822 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Guys,

If you have sent your adress, i have it...no need to resend me your info. ... LOL !!! ;)

For the others who look at this forum once every 2 weeks, send your info... And i'll update the nasty excel sheet.

#823 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

We've been our whole life without this substance, whats a few more weeks/month. I am thinking mid august for my shipment to arrive, that gives things plenty of time. If it comes sooner great, if not no big deal.

#824 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Seriously, my previous post was so bad that it deserved to be voted down by -2? Some people really need to chill on the vote trigger, as this is getting somewhat silly. This also counts for the + voting.
  • dislike x 15
  • like x 3

#825 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have nothing against you personally Megatrone, but I think your public displays of irritability are needless. I too was disappointed when I found out that we would have a slight delay. That disappointment however pales in comparison to the fact that we're going to have access to an incredibly promising novel compound and we're some of the first in the known universe to do so! How's that for awesome?! Just a bit of perspective ay ;)
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#826 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

I am sorry if you thought I was also being impatient. All I was arguing was how many down votes Megatrone has been receiving recently. I am probably the most patient person I know!

#827 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Let's suppose that NSI is actually a REALLY potent cognitive enhancer, and works in healthy people -- not just those suffering from depression -- won't there be significant backlash from society?

I'm willing to BET that certain groups (mainly people who believe that intelligence should be a genetic - not medicinal - trait) will petition to get it banned. Hell, if hippocampal atrophy/degradation is largely to blame for clinical depression, and it renders antidepressants useless by comparison, I'm 110% certain that companies like Lilly and Pfizer will rally fiercely to have it banned by claiming it causes cancer or something.

Call me a conspiracist all you like, I don't care. I'm almost certain that potent cognitive enhancers have already been invented and suppressed for this very reason.

I hate this money-hungry world.

Edited by Xenix, 07 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 2

#828 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

I believe you're right Xenix. There is much injustice in this world, but genetics is the most unfair element ever. I get absolutely furious when people say that you cannot modify your genetics, due to ethics and morale. Most of these people are high talents intellectually or within sports. "To hell with your ethics", I usually respond.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 2

#829 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

This has been a money-hungry world since phoenicians invented it. So what? Are big pharma going to ban NSI-189 because it can be a revolutionary substance for depression? Isn't more probable a company owns the right to produce tonelades of that chemical and multiplies their benefits? You can't predict that.

I don't know, I just want to see a review of this compound! Let's hope it doesn't take much more delay.

#830 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

Dude, you seriously need to chill. Do you honestly think you're the only person that needs a substance like this? From what I've read of your story above, you have very little to complain about compared to others on this board.

I had a brilliant future ahead of me -- all ripped apart from chronic carbon monoxide poisoning; everywhere I look about getting treatment from my situation I hear and read the words "irreversible brain damage" again and again. This substance is the ONLY thing in the whole world that MAY provide me some hope with dealing with the endless headaches, NO short-term memory, infinite fatigue, nausea and all the other loveliness I experience every waking moment caused my HIPPOCAMPAL ATROPHY and anoxia from CO poisoning. My plan B is suicide, what is yours?

Man, right now I have NO future. I can't hold a job, let alone any kind of real relation-- or friendship because my brain has been physically damaged. Trust me, you have very little to complain about.

You ARE coming off as quite selfish and desperate.

This is quite clearly out of ScienceGuy's hands, and the custom lab he is getting it synth'd by does not operate around you and your "pretty lazy"ness.

It's done when it's done.

Hey Xenix, I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. I genuinely hope that you find something that helps you regain what you've lost.

Have you looked into transcranial low level laser therapy? A few of us have been trying this recently with very positive results and recent human studies have shown significant improvements in mood and cognition. I've been using a very overpriced laser and I'm currently testing ways to make it cheaper. I've purchased two devices from ebay and I'll report back once I've tested them. They may be worth a look for only $50. 808/810nm light and 830nm light seem to be the two best wavelengths although 808/810nm is the one that has been tested the most at the current time.

808/810nm
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cbaee2b2b

http://www.laserland...00-1240-bl.html

830nm

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cd004bdb3

My (expensive) Laser

http://vetrolaser.com/

Here are some studies to get you started. Low level laser therapy/photobiomodulation has been used very safely for over 40 years and has been shown to significantly enhance mitochondrial function, promote neurogenesis, and aid in the recovery of TBI patients (even years after the injury).

TBI pilot study

http://www.ncbi.nlm....ubmed/21182447/

Mood Studies

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2796659/

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23200785

Recent (excellent) Summary

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23806754

More Studies

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23281261

http://www.plosone.o...al.pone.0053454

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22807422

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3199299/

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3128319/

I don't want to derail this thread so head over to mine if you want to discuss this further. I wish you the best in your search for recovery. =)

• like x 1

#831 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hey Megatrone, I just sent a long post to Xenix in this thread that might be of interest to you. I don't want to interfere with the discussion here so we can talk in my thread if you want. I hope you find what you're looking for and that you're able to become the scientist that you want to be. We need many more! =)

#832 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

FYI the lab never said they were going to ship it by the 27th June... You need to go back and re-read my previous posts properly ;)

#833 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

FYI the lab never said they were going to ship it by the 27th June... You need to go back and re-read my previous posts properly ;)

Well, then my understanding of semantics must be flushed down the toilet, because I remember you wrote this:

UPDATE:

I have just received word from the lab that the NSI-189 (>=99.9% PURITY) is due to be shipped to me via air courier by next THURSDAY 27th JUNE :)

Anyway, I will stop nagging till we have the drug ;)

Edited by Megatrone, 07 July 2013 - 06:33 PM.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 2

#834 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

Well, then my understanding of semantics must be flushed down the toilet, because I remember you wrote this:

UPDATE:

Anyway, I will stop nagging till we have the drug ;)

Well that's embarrassing... you are absolutely correct. I seems that I need to go back and re-read my previous posts properly... So you have my humblest apologies :)

Which is somewhat concerning me as to whether taking on all of this is simply too much on top of my typical 20-hour days.... Mmmm :|? (just see what time I am posting this!)

Either way, you have to understand that when you have stuff made bespoke like this, there are a whole number of factors that will influence the overall production time... and if you want the right quality you have to learn a little patience... furthermore, as I previously posted there is some additional paperwork that is needing to be sorted out in this particular instance... but I will chase the lab again today for a further update. ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 08 July 2013 - 03:40 AM.

• like x 6

#835 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

That's OK ScienceGuy :) You are an idol for us all. I wish I could be like you, working 20 hours a day. However, the need of 8+ hours of sleep every night and lack of motivation makes this impossible :(
I understand that the lab needs more time to get to >=99% purity, than if it was, say 96%. They know this and should therefore not set a date, when they're still a couple weeks away from their ETA.
  • like x 1

#836 daouda

• 469 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

Scienceguy, I feel for you man... 20 hours of work per day PLUS this? I hope you didnt bite more than you can chew, because when the time will come to weigh, divide, and pack and reship each individual share to each participants (about FORTY of us if I remember well??) which all live in different countries, you're probaly gonna be in for a few sleepless nights!!
Maybe we should start talking about some type of compensation for your time and work that would be factorized in the shipping and handling charges that we all still have to pay for?

#837 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but maybe there is some kind of similar chemical/analogue to NSI-189 that we could look at to see if there are any revealing results about NSI's potential?

#838 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Well, seeing as payment for shipping is now under way, I'd like to ask if postal tracking is included in the payment? I think it would be essential to include this, especially if there are any delays at customs.

#839 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Pardon me if this is a stupid question, but maybe there is some kind of similar chemical/analogue to NSI-189 that we could look at to see if there are any revealing results about NSI's potential?

See tricyclics.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#840 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Well, seeing as payment for shipping is now under way, I'd like to ask if postal tracking is included in the payment? I think it would be essential to include this, especially if there are any delays at customs.

If there is delays I am sure they will alert us, lets make this as hassle free as possible for the organizers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users