NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#901 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

I may hold off until I can go a full 90 days.

#902 Werper

• 190 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

off topic, cur stock not holding up so well today. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with our compound (and I highly doubt it does ). Edit, Perhaps it could be someone shaking the tree to collect a few shares, wouldn't suprise me to see it to end the day green

Edited by Werper, 29 July 2013 - 04:54 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#903 rikelme

• 174 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 05:11 PM

off topic, cur stock not holding up so well today. Hopefully it doesn't have anything to do with our compound (and I highly doubt it does ). Edit, Perhaps it could be someone shaking the tree to collect a few shares, wouldn't suprise me to see it to end the day green

A big dip in a price is due stop limit orders which got triggered. My buy order $1.33 got fulfilled this morning, to my surprise. A nice rebound in the price is a good sign. You want to see a Dragon Fly Doji (or Kangaroo tail) candle. It's a sign that bulls regained control of the stock and a lot of buys have happened. Let's wait and see will it close above or below 50MA today.

Edited by rikelme, 29 July 2013 - 05:12 PM.

#904 libro

• 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Is there any possibility of second group buy started by the same high-trusted people?
Or you will be focusing on something else?(Like dihexia or whatever)
  • like x 1

#905 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to confirm that I have completed preparation of almost everyone's packages ready for shipping today. :)

I will be intending to pay a visit to my local post office to mail all the packages, just as soon as I have my next window of free time, which will likely be this coming FRIDAY 2ND AUGUST... I will somehow find the time between now and then to finish preparing the last few packages that I didn't manage to complete today due to running out of time, which will likely be at around 4am... ;) :laugh:
  • like x 14

#906 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:52 AM

...Yep, 4am! Doing right now, so I will shortly have all done and ready for shipping! :-D

Edited by ScienceGuy, 31 July 2013 - 04:54 AM.

• like x 3

#907 Passion

• 53 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:08 AM

Hey ScienceGuy! I know you said it's too early to start reporting on your own experiences but I think we're all really eager to hear something. Any update on your response to it?

#908 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Thank you for your dedication ScienceGuy!
  • like x 2

#909 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

NSI-566

http://www.4-traders...ty-Of-17145487/

Neuralstem, Inc. : Neuralstem Cells Reverse Cognitive Defect In Brain-Irradiated Rats, University Of California Irvine Paper Shows

Posted Image

ROCKVILLE, Md., Aug. 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Neuralstem, Inc. (NYSE MKT: CUR) announced that a paper published in the journal "Cell Transplantation - The Regenerative Medicine Journal," reported that Neuralstem's spinal cord-derived human neural stem cells, NSI-566, improved cognitive function in rats who'd received radiation to the brain, as assessed by two separate cognitive tasks (http://www.ingentaco...s/ct1048acharya ). In the paper, "Transplantation of Human Fetal-Derived Neural Stem Cells Improves Cognitive Function Following Cranial Irradiation," researchers at the University of California Irvine showed that rats who received NSI-566 transplants after brain irradiation improved hippocampal spatial memory as well as contextual fear conditioning performance, a brain function that relies on intact amygdala function. Both the amygdala and the hippocampus are parts of the brain involved with memory formation.
(Logo: http://photos.prnews...221/DCTH007LOGO )
The transplanted cells developed into a significant number of new neurons in the hippocampus, as well as a smaller portion of glial subtypes. There was no evidence of teratoma, or tumor growth, in these cells. Radiation after tumor-removal surgery is a common therapy in the treatment of brain cancer in humans, but can result in significant cognitive defects.
"We are broadening our neural stem cell therapy programs from treating motor deficits to treating cognitive deficits, which involve two distinct anatomical circuits, pathogenic mechanisms, and treatment strategies," said Karl Johe PhD, Neuralstem Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer. "In this published study, our collaborators at the University of California, Irvine have demonstrated proof-of-principle for ameliorating cognitive dysfunction when the cells were injected two days after irradiation, a model that is similar to a potential clinical intervention given to treat brain cancer patients. Such irradiation frequently leads to serious and debilitating cognitive loss in patients, ranging from pediatric patients afflicted with medulloblastoma, to adults with glioblastoma multiforme. No current solutions exist to treat this unmet medical condition. We believe that the key therapeutic mode of action by the transplanted cells in this model is to protect and preserve neurogenesis in the hippocampus. In clinical translation, this suggests early intervention with Neuralstem cells could prevent cognitive complications due to an irradiation therapy."
About the Study
29 rats were divided into three groups. The first group received no cranial radiation after sham brain surgery. The second got the surgery and radiation alone. The third group got surgery, radiation, and were transplanted with NSI-566 neural stem cells one month post surgery.
The rats then underwent two cognitive tests, including novel place recognition tasks, which involve memory and the hippocampus, and fear conditioning, which involves the amygdala. Both the hippocampus and amygdala are parts of the brain involved with memory function. The transplanted rats showed significant improvements in cognition one-month after transplantation. Additionally, the transplanted cells survived and developed into new neural cells.
About Neuralstem
Neuralstem's patented technology enables the ability to produce neural stem cells of the human brain and spinal cord in commercial quantities, and the ability to control the differentiation of these cells constitutively into mature, physiologically relevant human neurons and glia. Neuralstem completed an FDA-approved Phase I safety clinical trial for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), often referred to as Lou Gehrig's disease, in February 2013, and has received FDA approval to begin Phase II. Neuralstem has been awarded orphan status designation by the FDA for its ALS cell therapy.
In addition to ALS, the company is also targeting major central nervous system conditions with its NSI-566 cell therapy platform, including spinal cord injury, ischemic stroke and glioblastoma (brain cancer). The company received approval to commence a Phase I safety trial in chronic spinal cord injury in January 2013.
Neuralstem also has the ability to generate stable human neural stem cell lines suitable for the systematic screening of large chemical libraries. Through this proprietary screening technology, Neuralstem has discovered and patented compounds that may stimulate the brain's capacity to generate new neurons, possibly reversing the pathologies of some central nervous system conditions. The company is in the last cohort of a Phase Ib safety trial evaluating NSI-189, its first neurogenic small molecule compound, for the treatment of major depressive disorder (MDD). Additional indications could include traumatic brain injury (TBI), Alzheimer's disease, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
For more information, please visit www.neuralstem.com or connect with us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Information
This news release may contain forward-looking statements made pursuant to the "safe harbor" provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Investors are cautioned that such forward-looking statements in this press release regarding potential applications of Neuralstem's technologies constitute forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, risks inherent in the development and commercialization of potential products, uncertainty of clinical trial results or regulatory approvals or clearances, need for future capital, dependence upon collaborators and maintenance of our intellectual property rights. Actual results may differ materially from the results anticipated in these forward-looking statements. Additional information on potential factors that could affect our results and other risks and uncertainties are detailed from time to time in Neuralstem's periodic reports, including the annual report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 and the Form 10-Q for the period ended March 31, 2013.
SOURCE Neuralstem, Inc.

• like x 1

#910 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

^ It's Hormone K!

(http://www.infinityp...ories/under.htm)

#911 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

neuralstem is trying hard at marketing, because their company hasn't been doing so well due to the lack of products. Alot of investor money will be lost if these drugs they are betting on don't get through the trials, and they may go bust. They need as much good publicity they can get at this point. You should check out the company's cashflow and balance sheet for the past 5 years or so. I wouldn't invest in it at the moment, but this company could be an undiscovered gem.

Edited by Major Legend, 02 August 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#912 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:00 AM

Please add me to the list for the group buy, on thje NSI-189, thank you///ARK
  • dislike x 1

#913 crusader

• 79 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

LOL

#914 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

no longer need, thanks for consideration.

no longer need, thanks for consideration.

found a source, but my source does not want to be revealed, sorry.
  • dislike x 2

#915 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

Exercise training increased hippocampal volume by 2%, effectively reversing age-related loss in volume by 1 to 2 y. We also demonstrate that increased hippocampal volume is associated with greater serum levels of BDNF, a mediator of neurogenesis in the dentate gyrus.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/21282661/

NSI-189 potentially has the ability to increase hipppcampal size 10x as much as it would grow from exercise alone. I wonder where the limit lies -- if adding an antidepressant AND cardiovascular exercise would potentiate NSI's effect.

Edited by Xenix, 02 August 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#916 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:12 PM

UPDATE:

Hi everyone,

I am pleased to report that everyone's packages for all countries except for USA have been shipped today. :)

Unfortunately the whole process is very time consuming and I simply ran out of time so humblest apologies to all you fine ladies and gentlemen in the USA... yours will be mailed this coming MONDAY 5TH AUGUST ;)

All packages are being mailed via a trackable shipping method, which will require to be signed for upon delivery. I am not going to get into typing up 13-DIGIT TRACKING NUMBER for 40 - 60 people, but suffice to say if any problem occurs with regards to anyone's package not arriving long after others have receive theirs, then I will most certainly be able to provide you with a TRACKING NUMBER to track down your package :)

The first packages should begin to be received MONDAY / TUESDAY... other following on subsequent days depending on your location ;)
  • like x 8

#917 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:42 PM

Magnificent! If all goes well, it'll arrive within a week! Wooot!! ScienceGuy, have you kept on taking NSI-189 every day? If you did, any response yet?

Edited by Megatrone, 02 August 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#918 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

This may be a bit of a strange question.

I am wanting to take my NSI-189 intravenously and am wondering what needle gauge and solvent would be optimal considering the compund. I am wanting to take it intravenously due a lower dose being needed which means that my 2.5g would last me a lot longer at 5-10mg TID than 40mg BID/TID via oral consumption.

#919 Googoltarian

• 113 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

I am wanting to take my NSI-189 intravenously and am wondering what needle gauge and solvent would be optimal considering the compund. I am wanting to take it intravenously due a lower dose being needed which means that my 2.5g would last me a lot longer at 5-10mg TID than 40mg BID/TID via oral consumption.

IMHO this is very bad idea. Not only because NSI-phosphate is very poorly soluble in water but also it can have very different effect profile.
  • like x 1

#920 Q did it!

• 354 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

IMHO this is very bad idea. Not only because NSI-phosphate is very poorly soluble in water but also it can have very different effect profile.

I know it is a risk (higher than it is already) seeing as there is no information on it and that NSI would not dissolve well in water which is why I am curious as to what would be a good safe non reactive solvent to use.

#921 Posthuman

• 47 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

If it's oral bioavailability is higher than 80%, you'd be taking a big chance to fuck up your health for savings of as low as 20% of what you paid for your part. I have no idea what percentage it really is, but I doubt it'd be a good idea.
  • like x 1

#922 CognitionCoefficient

• 68 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

I'd love to see Dual N Back scores pre- and post- NSI-189. Improvements in spatial navigation and short term memory may transfer to these results.

#923 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

maybe this has already been discussed but what is everyone's testing protocol for objective improvements/deficits from nsi? It would be pretty sweet if someone's DNB plateau went from 4-back to something like 9 or 10 in a short(er) period of time.

#924 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Let me be the first to post my pre-trial test results. Since the different forms of memory are the cognitive abilities we primarily hope to improve with this drug, I decided to only take one of the other tests for each category other than memory at cambridgebrainsciences.com:

Posted Image

I also took two IQ tests (last year).

http://www.mensa.no/olavtesten/no/ score: 113
http://www.iqout.com/ score: 105
  • like x 6

#925 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Let me be the first to post my pre-trial test results. Since the different forms of memory are the cognitive abilities we primarily hope to improve with this drug, I decided to only take one of the other tests for each category other than memory at cambridgebrainsciences.com:

Posted Image

I'd add dual-n-back if you have the time to reach a plateu. And when retesting, do an ABAB testing schedule.

And don't be happy if you gain a few points on the IQ tests, that's bound to happen when you take tests you've taken before.

#926 Keynes

• 52 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

I'd add dual-n-back if you have the time to reach a plateu. And when retesting, do an ABAB testing schedule.

And don't be happy if you gain a few points on the IQ tests, that's bound to happen when you take tests you've taken before.

Here are some others with approximately the same difficulty:

http://mensa.dk/testiq.xml
http://mensa.se/bli-medlem/provtest/

Save them until after!

#927 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

Forgot to type that my plateau is 57% at D5B.

#928 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm also testing via DNB, at which my highest son far is D6B with an average of around 60% on D5B. This stabilized months ago so will hopefully give some relevant and interesting results. I also think it will be a good adjunct to the treatment itself - forcing the functional use of the potentially chaotic or unformed emerging structures might help the process along and reinforce the positive changes. Can't hurt anyway.

#929 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 07:45 PM

Forgot to type that my plateau is 57% at D5B.

you guys are crazy, I could never even imagine myself breaking past D4B
  • like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#930 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:17 PM

Has anyone received the samples?! How do you feel? Eagerly awaiting feedback here, have been reading this thread with much anticipation!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users