NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1321 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Bump for the live webcast. I'll miss it but will look forward to a recap.

#1322 MetaMind

• 62 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

I watched it...
It was great, they showed really good results both ALS NSI-566 and small molecule NSI-189.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1323 cyberger

• 136 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

For those who missed it, a recorded version of the webcast is available at: http://wsw.com/webcast/rrshq23/CUR/ (registration required)

#1324 Mithri

• 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

I also watched the webcast live, they didn't really go into specifics but indicated that the Ib trial was successful. More results should be forthcoming. They also mentioned they will probably partner with other companies to continue testing nsi-189 and bringing it to market.
On an interesting note in one of the slides about nsi-189 concerning possible applications, alzheimer's, depression, stroke etc, they also mentioned, and i quote:
"Longevity (nootropic)"

Let's hope such applications will be successful and gain a larger acceptance for prescribed use.

#1325 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

On an interesting note in one of the slides about nsi-189 concerning possible applications, alzheimer's, depression, stroke etc, they also mentioned, and i quote:
"Longevity (nootropic)"

sounds like BS marketing to me. nothing like whipping up a crowd.

#1326 Mithri

• 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

"Longevity (nootropic)"

sounds like BS marketing to me. nothing like whipping up a crowd.

Yeah maybe, but are the investors listening to this very prone to that? They're more likely to salivate over large profitable established markets.
It might mean nothing, but hopefully it's a hint of things to come.

#1327 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yeah maybe, but are the investors listening to this very prone to that? They're more likely to salivate over large profitable established markets.
It might mean nothing, but hopefully it's a hint of things to come.

Without having listened to the call at all (so I'm totally shooting from the hip here), I would guess it is a comment aimed at the retail people here as much at it was at the investor crowd at Rodman/Renshaw. I spent 7 yrs in New York sitting in these investor presentations on two multi-billion dollar hedge funds. I've seen a couple dog and pony shows before. It's spin to convey a larger total addressable market (i.e. another indication for the drug usage even on an off-label basis). Then the C-executives quietly point people to the lovely msgs by Mitzen and others in this forum and get people all whipped up. Maybe it's true, but we are a very long ways from here and there.

And it's clear from that comment they know exactly what people did here and have read all these forum msgs. I bet if the mods went through the log files of connections who read these forums, they will find a few IP addresses coming from NSI or some related entity.

Edited by prophets, 10 September 2013 - 09:54 PM.

• like x 3

#1328 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

I'm about to start...I would like to document my cognition, what test should I take. I want something simple and not too time consuming and challenging. Thanks.

#1329 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

I'm about to start...I would like to document my cognition, what test should I take. I want something simple and not too time consuming and challenging. Thanks.

http://www.cambridgebrainsciences.com/

#1330 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

So here is a casual run:

I've done all the tests, turns out i'm pretty retarded. No nootropics, not even ginkgo or ginseng, caffeine withdrawal, brain fog and ADD type, possible early neurological disoder (pretty sure i've lost a bunch of brain cells in the past few years). I tend to be negative and depressed without nootropics and medication.

50% is Average Population, this is the cambridge brain science tests.

Memory Tests: 47%

Monkey Ladder: 9
Spatial Span: 6
Digit Span: 8
Paired Associates: 3

Reasoning Tests: 46%

Grammatical Reasoning: 12
Double Trouble: 29
Object Reasoning: 19

Concentration: 24%

Rotations: 47
Feature Match: 91
Polygons: 47

Planning 44%

Spatial Search: 7
Hampshire Tree Task: 15
Spatial Slider: 4

This is all on first try. Will be deciding on dosage soon. I'll make sure my second test is casual too, so I don't have time to practice them.
  • like x 1

#1331 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Anyone done brain scans before and after in order to document hippocampal activity/volume changes?

#1332 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Psionic I've done whole body and separate head MRI without contrast before. I'll be doing one after I'm done as well.
Right now I've uped the dosage from under 2x25mg daily to over 2x40mg per day. Subjectively I can say that my decisions seem better, less impulsive. I feel more confident and my speech seems more fluent (probably side effect of less anxiety).

I've asked before, but since noone, have started I'll remind everyone that ALL NSI-189 participants can (and should :) ) post your NSI-189 experiences in the Google Docs form below, so we can test various hypotheses later:

https://docs.google....6ypUAM/viewform

The results will be made available later in this thread.
  • like x 1

#1333 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

This is no average population. This is an average of people who took the online Cambridge test. My guess is the average is well to the right of the Bell curve.

#1334 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

This is no average population. This is an average of people who took the online Cambridge test. My guess is the average is well to the right of the Bell curve.

Good to know. I just started dosing at 20mg. Will be starting with 20mg twice daily if possible - measuring the powder out is a pain. Powder looks very very clean and fine, like the cleanest powder product i've ever seen, the stuff does not clump or have inconsistency. I think its high quality, and SG did an amazing job of packing it. I can imagine what a pain it must have been to do it in the way he had.

Funnily enough - I was thinking what if it was just arginine, and basically everyones just getting placebo high. Hows that for a double blind test? lol

#1335 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Meaning you think less intelligent people are more inclined to take online cognitive tests, or what?

#1336 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Meaning you think less intelligent people are more inclined to take online cognitive tests, or what?

My guess is the average who take the online test are well to the right of the Bell curve.

#1337 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

My guess is the average who take the online test are well to the right of the Bell curve.

Oh, I'm sorry, you meant the IQ bell curve! For some reason I was thinking you meant that the average for the entire population would be to the right of a Cambridge Brain Sciences test result bell curve.

Edited by sparkk51, 11 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#1338 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Is there any leftover NSI-189 from the original group buy from users who never claimed or sent payment?

#1339 therein

• 226 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Go Neuralstem!

Posted Image
  • like x 1

#1340 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

Holy shitballs

#1341 MisterHero

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Go Neuralstem!

Posted Image

Even though many of us invested in Neuralstem (including myself) this is a little offtopic. Literally every time the CUR stock moves a little bit people start posting about it in this thread.

I hope we can continue discussing NSI 189 and not the Neuralstem stock.
  • like x 1

#1342 Passion

• 53 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:04 PM

Even though many of us invested in Neuralstem (including myself) this is a little offtopic. Literally every time the CUR stock moves a little bit people start posting about it in this thread.

Speaking of which... how is everyone doing post-cycle? Any updates? How many of you are still feeling the super positive effects mentioned DURING the cycle?

#1343 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

Go Neuralstem!

Posted Image

+1

I had migraine like headaches for the last four days. This is something that happens to me from time to time and which I can not attribute to NSI-189 with certainty.

On a side note: I added some Lion's Mane which seemed to result in worsened short-term memory and generally reduced cognition.

#1344 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:31 AM

Passion managed to get one on topic post in between the stock talk, We need to change the name of the thread to NeuralStem what is it doing now? Is it too late to buy? I say not by a long shot. Going off topic lol, "I had migraine like headaches for the last four days. This is something that happens to me from time to time and which I can not attribute to NSI-189 with certainty.
On a side note: I added some Lion's Mane which seemed to result in worsened short-term memory and generally reduced cognition." I wonder how that happens. http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2114106/. Neurons wont grow without camp even if NGF is present but they do with just NSI-189. I take lions mane and forskolin, artichoke extract and nardostachys jatamansi. nardostachys jatamansi seems to be powerful. They provide an environment that seems to engender focus and memory. Cant say whether it really grows neurons or not. I don't know what you do for supplementation with the NSI-189 but first of all its growing neurons like crazy, these neurons and other processes going on as a result are going to need some extra materials as not to deplete body stores. IMHO. I wonder if you provided additional support for general NGF proliferation in the brain and hence maybe more general neurite growth, with the Lions Mane, along the lines of the LTP thread. Maybe it will make you super focused, more than just the NSI-189 or maybe more fuzzy. I would think it would do something. I hope to get some NSI-189 in the near future and intend continue with lions mane but if I get paradoxical effects I will have clue why and what to try stopping. Thanks for the heads up. Good information.

Edited by researchist, 13 September 2013 - 02:34 AM.

#1345 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Third day...nothing much to note. On the first day I felt really awake like painfully awake in a way i've never experienced before , but that could be a timing issue, if anything I'm more sensitive and anxious. My coordination seems to be slightly better or clearer if I focus on it.

If anything overall I feel worse. I am on 40mg daily now, and switched to single dose in the morning as dosing at night proved impossible to sleep.
  • like x 1

#1346 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

If anyone is thinking of getting CUR, go ahead, still lot of room for growth. This is mostly speculation right now. I think the stock might shoot up really hard when results from NSI-189 and the ALS trials are positive.

#1347 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

This is the last post i'm going to make before stopping, so I can combine a finalised one at the two week mark, and the four week mark, but I am afraid of forgetting my current experience.

4th day, moving down to 30mg daily. I'm experiencing increased stress, like I always feel constantly stressed that won't go away with alchohol or even xanax, for whatever reason I don't smoke, but cigarettes seems to be an effective counter. My recall has improved slightly (in the context of just remembering lists though), but my intellectual and emotional insight has somewhat decreased, hard to pinpoint but it feels like I am generally more anxious and stimulated. I no longer fall asleep on bus rides, and I feel way more introspective which is counter to my learned extroversion methods. I've had to take lots of stimulants (caffeine, nicotine, sugar) and relaxants to stay in a workable condition in the past two days, my work (creative based) has fallen behind (though I am working on something markedly more ambitious than my usual projects). I feel this general stress all around. The only thing that stands out as enhancing is my sense of smell has improved.

I am feeling really "odd" there is no mediation on my emotions, but I feel a slight change in my perception and way of thinking, I feel a little more disinterested towards life, but not in an unemotional way. I feel depressed, but its not dread nor the kind of dark foreboding that accompanies with being negative. I just don't feel good. I feel very organized and coordinated, but strangely devoid of motivation or passion, again not in an apathetic or robot like way, but simply its as if I just see things as they are instead of living in a haze. Like instead of life being covered by a beautiful haze, everything is a little more stark and a little more solid, yet my thoughts are shattered and much less succinct meaningful than before. It's not the clarity you get from caffeine or any other stimulants, nor apathy its a weird change in processing. It's like I can handle much less on the broader/abstract scale.

Obviously I know its too early to tell.

No headache or other side effects, though the nicotine as a temporary fix is a bad idea, as I don't want to get addicted to smoking.

Edited by Major Legend, 14 September 2013 - 03:17 PM.

• like x 3

#1348 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:11 PM

MajorLegend I had the same experience recently, that is cigarettes seem to decrease my anxiety a hell lot and I'm actually enjoying it (I didn't before).
Also I've noticed increased need for human interaction and a lot of anxiety/depression when I'm missing it. That maybe a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it.

#1349 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

Third day...nothing much to note. On the first day I felt really awake like painfully awake in a way i've never experienced before , but that could be a timing issue, if anything I'm more sensitive and anxious. My coordination seems to be slightly better or clearer if I focus on it.

If anything overall I feel worse. I am on 40mg daily now, and switched to single dose in the morning as dosing at night proved impossible to sleep.

I wonder if we could open up a page where we have a list in one place of all the participants, overall rating of their experience including maybe a number one to ten where one is very negative and ten is very positive and a brief explanation of why. I have read almost all good testimonials but I don't read them all. There have been headaches. Major Legend does not seem to have a good experience so far. I think this would help us as a group in understanding just how effective this is and what other things it might be good for other than the ones so far tested by NeuralStem, and what negative side effects it might have. Unless of course we already are and I don't know where it is..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1350 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Most of us havent completed a month run of nsi yet, and the good results are largely from people who have depression or mild form of it, or ptsd. I am one of the few relatively healthy volunteers i think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users