* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1381 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

ScienceGuy, can you elaborate on how the NSI-189 has effected you? What are the 5mg daily doing for you exactely?

I would also like to put my name down for your NSI-189 surplus in case you can't sell it all to participants of the first group buy. Thanks.

#1382 researchist

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

ScienceGuy, can you elaborate on how the NSI-189 has effected you? What are the 5mg daily doing for you exactely?

I would also like to put my name down for your NSI-189 surplus in case you can't sell it all to participants of the first group buy. Thanks.

ScienceGuy, since I didn't know that you were dosing at 5 mg I would like to ask you why and how you made the decision to dose at that level. Is that per day or several doses throughout the day? It seems far lower than we thought the effective dosage to be. I apologize if I missed the explanation somewhere.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1383 vlk

• Life Member
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

i was wandering as i seem to be having early parkinson like symptoms i think due to exposure to solvents would nsi 189 potentially help in cases of parkinsons?

Probably, it seems likely that any neurotrophic/neuroprotective drug would help with parkinson's
Here's a study with cerebrolysin: http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15347036

a dosage of just 5MG taken ONCE DAILY is the sweet spot for me ;)

That's interesting, I am also getting much better results from 1ml cerebrolysin IN than I got from 5ml IM. I'm not sure yet whether that is due to the reduced dose or route of administration though...

#1384 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

ScienceGuy, since I didn't know that you were dosing at 5 mg I would like to ask you why and how you made the decision to dose at that level. Is that per day or several doses throughout the day? It seems far lower than we thought the effective dosage to be. I apologize if I missed the explanation somewhere.

To clarify, my dosage is 5MG taken ONCE DAILY and SUBLINGUALLY :)

First of all I tried what I call a TEST DOSE namely 1/10 of the 'normal' dose, which in this instance was 4MG, to ascertain how I react to it. My reaction was POSITIVE without incidence of ADVERSE EFFECTS; and so I proceeded with testing escalating dosages up to the 40MG 'normal' dose. In short, 5MG taken ONCE DAILY provides to me the best combination of POSITIVE effects without incidence of ADVERSE EFFECTS. If I take the 'normal' 40MG dose I get a HEADACHE and other some ADVERSE EFFECTS, including INSOMNIA and then FATIGUE due to INSOMNIA etc. However, I feel the need to point out that I am someone who is very sensitive to medications and have a BBB akin to swiss cheese (i.e. it's full of holes) thanks to a decade or two of having previously suffered with LYME DISEASE, and hence I consider my own experiences to be extraordinary by definition and not representative of HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS in general ;)

You will find that most drugs that have potent PHARMACOLOGICAL effects, such as this one, will indubitably exert an effect at a wide range of doses and that the 'normal' dosage is most certainly not indicative of the MINIMUM dosage that exerts a PHYSIOLOGICAL effect... For example, HYDERGINE at a doses of just 0.1MG most certainly has a POSITIVE effect (that's 1/30 the 'normal' daily dose); and look at OXIRACETAM, wherein even 50MG is 'too much' for some people, which others take 800MG four times in a day and feel nothing... In short, the 'CORRECT' dosage is whatever dosage YOU respond to best, and this may very well be lower (or higher) than what is typically considered to be the 'normal' dose.

You should also bear in mind that this is a very new drug and hence has not has a lot of clinical practice to establish what is in fact the ideal dosage range for most people... :)

One thing's for sure, if you have taken this stuff and got a HEADACHE, you might want to try lowering your dose a bit and see if the HEADACHE dissipates... if it does, then this is indicative that the previous dosage was too high a dose for you and you should stay at the lower dosage... unless of course you are MASOCHISTIC and enjoy SELF-INFLICTED CHEMICAL BATTERY ;)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 30 September 2013 - 07:22 AM.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#1385 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

To clarify, my dosage is 5MG taken ONCE DAILY and SUBLINGUALLY :)

First of all I tried what I call a TEST DOSE namely 1/10 of the 'normal' dose, which in this instance was 4MG, to ascertain how I react to it. My reaction was POSITIVE without incidence of ADVERSE EFFECTS; and so I proceeded with testing escalating dosages up to the 40MG 'normal' dose. In short, 5MG taken ONCE DAILY provides to me the best combination of POSITIVE effects without incidence of ADVERSE EFFECTS. If I take the 'normal' 40MG dose I get a HEADACHE and other some ADVERSE EFFECTS, including INSOMNIA and then FATIGUE due to INSOMNIA etc. However, I feel the need to point out that I am someone who is very sensitive to medications and have a BBB akin to swiss cheese (i.e. it's full of holes) thanks to a decade or two of having previously suffered with LYME DISEASE, and hence I consider my own experiences to be extraordinary by definition and not representative of HEALTHY INDIVIDUALS in general ;)

You will find that most drugs that have potent PHARMACOLOGICAL effects, such as this one, will indubitably exert an effect at a wide range of doses and that the 'normal' dosage is most certainly not indicative of the MINIMUM dosage that exerts a PHYSIOLOGICAL effect... For example, HYDERGINE at a doses of just 0.1MG most certainly has a POSITIVE effect (that's 1/30 the 'normal' daily dose); and look at OXIRACETAM, wherein even 50MG is 'too much' for some people, which others take 800MG four times in a day and feel nothing... In short, the 'CORRECT' dosage is whatever dosage YOU respond to best, and this may very well be lower (or higher) than what is typically considered to be the 'normal' dose.

You should also bear in mind that this is a very new drug and hence has not has a lot of clinical practice to establish what is in fact the ideal dosage range for most people... :)

One thing's for sure, if you have taken this stuff and got a HEADACHE, you might want to try lowering your dose a bit and see if the HEADACHE dissipates... if it does, then this is indicative that the previous dosage was too high a dose for you and you should stay at the lower dosage... unless of course you are MASOCHISTIC and enjoy SELF-INFLICTED CHEMICAL BATTERY ;)

Are you more interested in the day-to-day effects, or is your main goal to grow your hippocampus?

#1386 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

Are you more interested in the day-to-day effects, or is your main goal to grow your hippocampus?

Obviously the focus regarding this particular substance is the latter; however, personally I am unable to tolerate the 40MG dosage, so I have settled on taking the maximum dosage that I can tolerate without experiencing ADVERSE EFFECTS, wherein this is 5MG OD ;)

But please kindly note that I am a very out of the ordinary case; and most people seem to tolerate the standard dosage just fine :)
  • like x 2

#1387 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Using this sublingually I get a burning sensation, as if the acid is eating away at my skin. I am little bit worried this might be bad for the teeth and skin.

#1388 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I never had any such issues with sublingual. For me, it was the only way to go.
  • like x 1

#1389 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

Not really had time to follow up on this, been really busy at work. Basically mostly abandoned it after the lethargy was too much.

There were certainly no alerting health effects

or withdrawal with going off this stuff.

Edited by Major Legend, 07 October 2013 - 07:41 AM.

#1390 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

UPDATE: Just to confirm that I will be mailing everyone's 5 GRAM quantities of NSI-189 the day after tomorrow (THURSDAY) for everyone who has paid... wherein this is everyone except TWO PEOPLE; wherein, if I receive your payment before THURSDAY I will mail your too, but if not, then you will have to wait until I next have a window of available free time ;)
  • like x 1

#1391 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 04:31 AM

I've been trying to write a summary of my trial. But I am really so blown away by the results of this trial, that my summary would sound over the top, to put it mildly. It's not that I was a wreck before, just that it was taking a lot of energy and work to have a slightly below average quality of life due to brain-neuro problems. How often is there a medicine that cures you in one short month? Maybe it's best to wait a while...

There are still strong effects 3 days after the last dose, today especially. Plus, I had to skip 3 days while traveling. So far, this is only good. Perhaps another month of tracking changes will provide a better overview.

What is baffling is how rapidly this worked. I cannot believe that new hippocampal neurons were grown and activated in less than three days (from the start). So perhaps the chemical is also able to make pre-existing cells more functional, which would explain the speed and magnitude of efficacy. It sure seems to target a large number of brain functions: memory, mood, focus, sensory awareness, emotional processing, sleep, and motivation. Plus, I suspect biological functions outside the brain also.

I was taking lithium orotate, which may have helped. Plus my NSI dose was higher than most others here. But then, I think my brain was more damaged. Though weirdly, some people half my age were reporting exactly the same effects.

But saying now what it isn't might be helpful, especially considering all the interest in a second group buy.
NSI-189 is not psychoactive.
NSI-189 is not addictive.
NSI-189 does not cause hypomania.

If brain damage can be healed this way safely, and this drug becomes available to patients, its a whole new world for a hell of a lot of people.

NSI = New Synapses Integrated

I feel good for you. I'm glad it has helped you to back to 'regularity' I might try this too soon. Hippocampus 20% volume increase in one month, that's just crazy! You had to notice it, there was not another possibility.

This, and Cerebrolysin could be the hope of so many. The both, they could be a hope of last resort.

It's curious, cerebrolysin is from '62 and NSI from 201X That means it takes 50 years to develop medications like Cerebrolysin and NSI :-D

What about bipolar, OCD, schizophrenia..? Any good report?

From Wikipedia and autobiographic memory:

Effects of personal identity

Another theory of the visual perspective deals with the continuity or discontinuity of the self.[17] Continuity is seen as a way to connect and strengthen the past self to the current self and discontinuity is distanced from the self.[17] This theory breaks down the observer method (i.e. when an individual recalls memories as an observer) into two possibilities: the "dispassionate observer" and the "salient self".[17]

• In the dispassionate observer's view, the field perspective is used when an individual has continuity with the self (their present idea of their self matches the self they were in the past) whereas the observer perspective is used for discontinuity or inauthenticity of the self (when the remembered self is not the same as the present self).[21]
People who picture their past self as different or conflicting with their current self often recall memories of their old self using the observer perspective.[21] People who have undergone some kind of change often look upon their past self (prior to the change) as if they were a completely different person.[21] These drastic personal changes include things like graduating, getting over an addiction, entering or leaving prison, getting diagnosed with cancer, losing weight, and any other major life events.[21] There is a split between the present self that is remembering and the past self that is remembered.[21]
  • In the salient self's view the observer has the opposite pattern: if an individual perceives continuity with the self (old self matches new self), they would approach this with an observer perspective, contrasted to having discontinuity or incongruence (old self does not match new self) that would be approached with the field perspective.[17]
Thus, the visual perspective employed for continuous and discontinuous memories is the opposite for each view.[17]
People who use observer perspective to remember their old self tend to believe that they are less likely to revert to their old self.[22] When a person recalls memories from the observer perspective, it helps preserve their self-image and self-esteem.[22] Remembering a traumatic or embarrassing event from an observer perspective helps detach that person from that negative event, as if they were not the one experiencing it, but rather someone else.[22] Given the distancing nature of observer perspective, it also results in a worse sense of self-continuity.[22]

Effects of trauma

Events high in emotional content, such as stressful situations (ex: fighting in the Vietnam War), are likely to be recalled using observer perspective, while memories low in emotional content (ex: driving to work) are likely to be recalled using field perspective.[16]
There main reason for this is probably that the observer perspective distances the person from the traumatic event, allowing them to recall the specifics and details of the event without having to relive the feelings and emotions.[23] The observer perspective tends to focus more on one's physical appearance, along with the spatial relations and peripheral details of the scene, which allows people to remember the specifics and important facts of their traumatic experience, without reliving most of the pain.[21] The field perspective, on the other hand, focuses on the physical and psychological feelings experienced at the time of the event. For many people it can be too difficult to use this perspective to recall the event.[23]
Clinical psychologists have found that the observer perspective acts like a psychological "buffer" to decrease the stress an individual feels when recalling a difficult memory.[17] This is especially seen in patients with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).[17] When patients with PTSD were asked to recall their traumatic experience, 89 percent of those who used observer perspective to recall the traumatic event said they did so because it was emotionally easier and spared them from reliving the horror of their traumatic event.[23] Although this is a useful coping mechanism, some argue that effective treatment of PTSD requires the patient to re-experience the emotions and fear from that traumatic event so that it can be processed into something less distressing.[23] Peter Lang and other researchers have hypothesized that the short-term relief the observer perspective provides may actually impede long-term recovery from PTSD.[23]

:

Edited by Sholrak, 09 October 2013 - 04:52 AM.

• like x 1

#1392 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

I wanted to share this real quick. Based on scienceguy's experience with 5mg sublingual dosing I just tried about 6mg up the nose, divided between each nostril (it is really uncomfortable) and it really works.

After a while it seemed like I couldn’t feel the 40mg doses much but this brought back the antidepressant, reality enhancing feeling again. I suggest people try it; you would be able to get a lot more out of a few grams of nsi-189.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#1393 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

UPDATE: Just to confirm that, as promised, I have mailed everyone's 5 GRAM quantities of NSI-189 for everyone who has paid :)

TWO PEOPLE have not yet paid; wherein, to be fair to other people, if you have not paid by this coming MONDAY 14th OCTOBER then I will make your 5 GRAM quantities available again to other people who may wish to purchase them in your stead. ;)
  • like x 3

#1394 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

ScienceGuy, can we expect a breakdown of your thoughts on this product as a nootropic?
  • like x 2

#1395 moonguy42

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi Everybody,

I would be very interested in the group buy for NSI-189.
After many attempts at contacting Neuralstem, the company and it's investigators did not respond to my interest in participating in the clinical trial.
I am coming from a strict medical need in acquring this compound.
Please PM me if it is possible to participate.

Thanks

#1396 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Hey Ranza, how are things going for you?

#1397 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

I just wanted to inform everyone that I will be starting my NSI regimen either today or tomorrow. I wanted to assure that I was in an optimum state of health before I began the regimen, in order that I may maximize the benefits. I will likely start with 5/10mg sublingual and see what effects I get from it, then slowly increase/decrease dose as I see fit. Additionally, I will at some point during the trial introduce 1mL of cerebrolysin daily for 10 days and see what compounding effect comes from that. Will keep you all updated. Cheers

Edit: One thing I did not consider was the degree to which NSI degrades, but I may only hope that it's a very stable molecule...Anyone with any chemistry knowledge possibly able to weigh in here in terms of how stable the molecule looks?

Edited by Rior, 13 October 2013 - 12:19 AM.

#1398 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:09 AM

Its stable !! ...................i'm a chemist.

I'm not a chemist...... Looking Forwards for your reports on this combination. I would hypothetically, and poetically, call this stack: the CLEAR BOOST.

Edited by sunshinefrost, 13 October 2013 - 06:15 AM.

• like x 2

#1399 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'm not a chemist...... Looking Forwards for your reports on this combination. I would hypothetically, and poetically, call this stack: the CLEAR BOOST.

I'm so poetic

I'm so poetic

I'm so quoting myself

Edited by sunshinefrost, 13 October 2013 - 06:23 AM.

• like x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#1400 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

I wanted to share this real quick. Based on scienceguy's experience with 5mg sublingual dosing I just tried about 6mg up the nose, divided between each nostril (it is really uncomfortable) and it really works.

In what way was the nasal administration uncomfortable? (I've never snorted anything).

Edited by blood, 13 October 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#1401 ranza

• 50 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

Hey Ranza, how are things going for you?

Pretty well, I'm was not entirely consistent with my NSI-189 dosage, but right now I'm one day from finishing it and if I'd had the opportunity I'd order it again.
Lately I've been pretty sceptical about most of nootropics I've ever consumed and there's only a handful that I haven't, but NSI-189 does make a difference in my mood, perception and overall well-being.
I'm still before the second MRI, but I'll be getting it this month.

#1402 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Ranza, how did your first MRI go? Thanks!

#1403 MasterHerb

• 173 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

UPDATE: Just to confirm that, as promised, I have mailed everyone's 5 GRAM quantities of NSI-189 for everyone who has paid :)

TWO PEOPLE have not yet paid; wherein, to be fair to other people, if you have not paid by this coming MONDAY 14th OCTOBER then I will make your 5 GRAM quantities available again to other people who may wish to purchase them in your stead. ;)

Please let me know if they don't pay :-D

#1404 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:01 AM

I'm so poetic

I'm so quoting myself

Is this perhaps a rather UNEXPECTED SIDE EFFECT of taking NSI-189 I wonder? :laugh:

#1405 sunshinefrost

• 455 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I'm so poetic

I'm so quoting myself

Is this perhaps a rather UNEXPECTED SIDE EFFECT of taking NSI-189 I wonder? :laugh:

Lol !!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#1406 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

FYI, 5g of NSI-189 arrived from ScienceGuy in timely manner and safely. All is well.
  • like x 1

#1407 AwesomeName

• 47 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:09 AM

Any idea why it worked wonders in some people but caused negative effects in others?

Were the people it worked for taking other supplements at the same time that may be required for nsi to work properly?
Like how piracatam works better when taken with omega-3s and/or choline.

Is their body chemistry different?

There has to be a reason.

Edited by AwesomeName, 16 October 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#1408 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

Heterogenity over populations...

I theorize that within this community we likely have a larger percentage than average of people with some sort of either real or perceived cognitive or mood issue they are looking to fix, and since these issues de facto are related to very real differences in neurochemistry, results vary wildly. And then like you alluded to, dietary and further supplementary differences also have an effect... as do any recreational drugs (or their lingering effects)... age is likely to be yet another factor. So there are many, many variables to consider.

In clinical trials, patients are screened for various conditions before being tested. There is no such mechanism here.

We would need to make a spreadsheet with as many questions as we can think of and then get people to actually answer those questions in order to see if we can distinguish some sort of trend.

#1409 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:38 AM

Any idea why it worked wonders in some people but caused negative effects in others?

Were the people it worked for taking other supplements at the same time that may be required for nsi to work properly?
Like how piracatam works better when taken with omega-3s and/or choline.

Is their body chemistry different?

There has to be a reason.

In short, for the same reason that any other DRUG works wonders in some people but causes negative effects in others... wherein there is an almost infinite number of factors that will influence precisely what PHARMACOLOGICAL EFFECTS a particular DRUG will exert on a particular HUMAN'S PHYSIOLOGY, including everything from whatever OTHER DRUGS and SUPPLEMENTS they are taking, to what is their DIET, what is their ENVIRONMENTAL INFLUENCES, to what is their DNA COMPOSITION... The miracle of life is that everyone is UNIQUE and DIFFERENT and as such reacts differently. It is the same reason why some people have an ALLERGY to one thing, but others do not... We are all DIFFERENT and not CLONES :)
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1410 ScienceGuy

• Life Member
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:45 AM

UPDATE: Due to a couple of individuals failing to provide payment, I have a small quantity of NSI-189 left available for purchase. To be fair to all I am going to divide it into 2.5 GRAM quantities; wherein, to qualify to be able to purchase any your LONGECITY registration date must be prior to the start date of this thread, namely: 29th AUGUST 2012 :)

For 2.5 GRAMS NSI-189, my cost = your price = $54.50 / GRAM + 23% EU VAT + 4% PAYPAL FEE + $14.50 SHIPPING COST = $188.79

It will be first come first served people; and PLEASE do not ask to buy a quantity if you joined LONGECITY after the specified date; and PLEASE do not ask to buy a quantity if you are unable to pay immediately. ;)

PM me if you are interested :)

Edited by ScienceGuy, 16 October 2013 - 07:46 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)