* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1501 tdmonster99

• 46 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:52 AM

Seriously, did the collective IQ of this thread just drop by 100 points?
  • like x 4
  • dislike x 1

#1502 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

NSI-189 has not yet been shown to increase hippocampal volume in people. In healthy people maybe it does nothing. Maybe it makes their thinking worse because new neurons would generate too much noise compared to streamlined neural processes already in place. I think it's good to be skeptical. Neuralstem themselves say that it might only work on longer trials and do nothing after 28 days:

"we will most likely be able to detect an increase over 5% [in hippocampal volume]. Again, we would not expect to see that after only 28 days dosing in humans, but we might, and it’s worth looking for. In the next trial we will most likely move to 90 day dosing"

Edited by stponky, 12 November 2013 - 06:06 AM.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1503 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

The synthesizing lab sent a COA, not to mention ScienceGuy had it analyzed at a third party lab just to be sure. What we have here is definitely NSI-189.
  • like x 4

#1504 majkazuki

• 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

This has been a fascinating, but frustrating, topic to follow. In the future, I'm hoping we could keep this thread (somewhat) limited to objective observations of NSI-189 and its development. There have been multiple occasions of the topic veering off on tangents: the stock price of Neuralstem; group-buy organizing that might be better served elsewhere on the board; or, the latest broad, subjective, and frankly unproductive generalizations of user experiences.

But maybe I'm just being cranky? :wacko:
  • like x 3

#1505 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

I have been using NSI-189 at 20mg sublingually twice a day in combination with Cerebrolysin 5ml once a day for about 2 months now and I have noticed a somewhat disconcerting effect: When I miss a dose of NSI I will feel lightheaded and generally out of it with reduced short-term memory.

Has anybody else experienced this?

#1506 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Sounds like you need some NSI-189 :)
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1507 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:25 PM

"This drug is not being "used for major depressive disorder and TBI in football players". It has been tested mostly in animals and is only in its second human trial for safety. There have been no studies on effectiveness in humans. It has potential uses like the ones you mentioned, but it will take testing to see whether it lives up to that potential. Please stop making totally unfounded claims based on false information...
"

Unfounded claims What are you talking about????? The drug may be in the safety phase but The entire purpose of bringing this drug to market is to get it approved for treating major depression and yes they are working with the NFL and will be starting a trial for TBI. You make it sound like I am pulling this out of my #$SE. Point is the drug has potential for doing much more than what I am reading. If I am a pharma company I'm not investing millions on these results.

Also let me ask was the product ever tested for a validity and if so was it tested buy someone other than the individual who purchased it? I'm not trying to be Mr Gloom but I wouldn't just believe this with blind faith like this. Have these test results been posted anywhere so all can see?

http://blog.cottonwo...trial-test.html

Neuralstem, Inc. also announced "that it is working with the National Football League Alumni Association(NFLAA), based in Newark, NJ, to develop a trial for treating NFL alumni members suffering from traumatic brain injuries (TBI), with NSI-189, the lead compound in the company's neurogenic drug platform. NSI-189, currently in a Phase Ib clinical trial to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), appears to work by stimulating neurons in the hippocampus, a region of the brain that atrophies in depression and which could also be implicated in brain injury

The synthesizing lab sent a COA, not to mention ScienceGuy had it analyzed at a third party lab just to be sure. What we have here is definitely NSI-189.

Have these two docs been uploaded to this site so all can see?
  • dislike x 1

#1508 majkazuki

• 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sounds like you need some NSI-189 :)

Indeed.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#1509 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

So you've been around for less than a week, a total of 5 whole posts and a real bit of attitude.

The person who organised the group buy on the other hand has contributed tremendously to this community. He purchased a large (very expensive) quantity of Coloracetam,of which he gave a large portion away to members here to trial - no obligation. He has actually gone to great lengths to pack and post the NSI-189 and do all the collection of money. He has behaved with absolute integrity for the entire time he has been a member of this board and yet he seems to get repeated attacks from people like yourself who have been here 5 minutes and who have added NOTHING to the community. At least take the time to read the various threads in their entirety before you start on your grandiose self important lecturing. Otherwise GO AWAY TROLL!!!!

"This drug is not being "used for major depressive disorder and TBI in football players". It has been tested mostly in animals and is only in its second human trial for safety. There have been no studies on effectiveness in humans. It has potential uses like the ones you mentioned, but it will take testing to see whether it lives up to that potential. Please stop making totally unfounded claims based on false information...
"

Unfounded claims What are you talking about????? The drug may be in the safety phase but The entire purpose of bringing this drug to market is to get it approved for treating major depression and yes they are working with the NFL and will be starting a trial for TBI. You make it sound like I am pulling this out of my #$SE. Point is the drug has potential for doing much more than what I am reading. If I am a pharma company I'm not investing millions on these results.

Also let me ask was the product ever tested for a validity and if so was it tested buy someone other than the individual who purchased it? I'm not trying to be Mr Gloom but I wouldn't just believe this with blind faith like this. Have these test results been posted anywhere so all can see?

Neuralstem, Inc. also announced "that it is working with the National Football League Alumni Association(NFLAA), based in Newark, NJ, to develop a trial for treating NFL alumni members suffering from traumatic brain injuries (TBI), with NSI-189, the lead compound in the company's neurogenic drug platform. NSI-189, currently in a Phase Ib clinical trial to treat major depressive disorder (MDD), appears to work by stimulating neurons in the hippocampus, a region of the brain that atrophies in depression and which could also be implicated in brain injury

• like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#1510 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

I don't believe so. You can try messaging ScienceGuy to see if he will send them to you.
  • like x 1

#1511 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

So you've been around for less than a week, a total of 5 whole posts and a real bit of attitude.

The person who organised the group buy on the other hand has contributed tremendously to this community. He purchased a large (very expensive) quantity of Coloracetam,of which he gave a large portion away to members here to trial - no obligation. He has actually gone to great lengths to pack and post the NSI-189 and do all the collection of money. He has behaved with absolute integrity for the entire time he has been a member of this board and yet he seems to get repeated attacks from people like yourself who have been here 5 minutes and who have added NOTHING to the community. At least take the time to read the various threads in their entirety before you start on your grandiose self important lecturing. Otherwise GO AWAY TROLL!!!!

So the answer is no you have not seen the paperwork that states that the sample is indeed NSI. Gotcha ya. I'm not doubting science guy or his integrity. Maybe he got duped? Maybe a mistake was made in making this. Who knows. All I am saying is before I ever ingest some powder from soemone on the internet that is suppose to be a new drug that no one else has besides the pharma company I am going to at least look at a test result proving it's legit. You obviously don't require that. Smart move on your part

I don't believe so. You can try messaging ScienceGuy to see if he will send them to you.

You can attach files to these posts. Scienceguy do you mind posting the test results showing that the sample is indeed NSI-189? I'm not doubting you but it would put any doubters (myself included) minds to rest.
  • dislike x 8

#1512 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Or maybe I don't see value in a piece of paper that can be incredibly easily forged/faked and rather put my trust in people, their actions and their reputations. I have also already tried a compound by the same lab so it is not just the reputation of Scienceguy and this is not some dodgy Chinese lab no one has ever heard of. So yeah, smart move on my part but hey you're clearly the expert.......

So the answer is no you have not seen the paperwork that states that the sample is indeed NSI. Gotcha ya. I'm not doubting science guy or his integrity. Maybe he got duped? Maybe a mistake was made in making this. Who knows. All I am saying is before I ever ingest some powder from soemone on the internet that is suppose to be a new drug that no one else has besides the pharma company I am going to at least look at a test result proving it's legit. You obviously don't require that. Smart move on your part

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#1513 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

"

I don't think you know much about pharmaceutical firms, research on potential drugs, and FDA trials. Many BILLIONS of dollars have been spent on drugs that had "potential" and never made it to the market. Many drugs look good on paper and have promising results in animal studies then fail to work well in humans. That is why we've read about potential cancer cures dozens of times that never panned out. Drug development is generally high risk and high reward. The ones that do make it to market tend to make tons of money, which is why millions of dollars are invested into potential clinical drugs that end up in the trash bin.

Whether your skepticism on the substance that people received is warranted or not, you simply couldn't judge it based on people's anecdotal reports because so little is actually known about what the substance would do. Even if it had been through clinical trials and was found to be effective, most psychiatric drugs don't agree with everyone, so there would likely be differing reports anyways.
  • like x 2

#1514 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

"

I don't think you know much about pharmaceutical firms, research on potential drugs, and FDA trials. Many BILLIONS of dollars have been spent on drugs that had "potential" and never made it to the market. Many drugs look good on paper and have promising results in animal studies then fail to work well in humans. That is why we've read about potential cancer cures dozens of times that never panned out. Drug development is generally high risk and high reward. The ones that do make it to market tend to make tons of money, which is why millions of dollars are invested into potential clinical drugs that end up in the trash bin.

Whether your skepticism on the substance that people received is warranted or not, you simply couldn't judge it based on people's anecdotal reports because so little is actually known about what the substance would do. Even if it had been through clinical trials and was found to be effective, most psychiatric drugs don't agree with everyone, so there would likely be differing reports anyways.

Fair point.. I guess I just expected more pronounced results with all the hype around this product. Maybe the product isn't all they claim it is or your right perhaps the sample size is too small. Regardless i think it is just basic common sense to want to see the report claiming it's legit.
  • dislike x 6
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#1515 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Or maybe I don't see value in a piece of paper that can be incredibly easily forged/faked and rather put my trust in people, their actions and their reputations. I have also already tried a compound by the same lab so it is not just the reputation of Scienceguy and this is not some dodgy Chinese lab no one has ever heard of. So yeah, smart move on my part but hey you're clearly the expert.......

I don't care who it is I would want to see paperwork.
It's not some Dodgy lab???? Lol really? You mean the lab that is illegally producing a compund that is patented to another company and sending potentially dangers drugs over the internet to people? LOL
I'm done responding to you are just on another planet.
  • dislike x 11
  • like x 1

#1516 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

It's not some Dodgy lab???? Lol really? You mean the lab that is illegally producing a compund that is patented to another company and sending potentially dangers drugs over the internet to people? LOL

But then I know the name of the lab and you don't (it was listed on the thread earlier on but was removed). As for the patent, REALLY stop being so fricking lazy and read the threads where this is extensively discussed and how patent and research use work. There is way more that I know behind the scenes too but you know best. Good luck with your Trolling.
  • dislike x 2
  • like x 1

#1517 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

But then I know the name of the lab and you don't (it was listed on the thread earlier on but was removed). As for the patent, REALLY stop being so fricking lazy and read the threads where this is extensively discussed and how patent and research use work. There is way more that I know behind the scenes too but you know best. Good luck with your Trolling.

Ok your right any lab can take a drug and start shipping it worldwide no questions asked. No law breaking there. I am in awe at your level of incompetence. Are you that guy? The dumbest guy on the internet? I have heard of you but didn't think I would ever run into you.
  • dislike x 11

#1518 zeroskater6979

• 116 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:31 AM

Can we please regain our focus on the personal objective/subjective reports of nsi? I've had enough of email alerts only to read needless bickering from a newbie longecity user
  • like x 7

#1519 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Thats enough!!! Ad hominem attacks are not permitted here. Mods can you please do something about this guy as he is attacking my person. I would ask that you delete this post and his previous post and suspend his account until he can act more civil.

Ok your right any lab can take a drug and start shipping it worldwide no questions asked. No law breaking there. I am in awe at your level of incompetence. Are you that guy? The dumbest guy on the internet? I have heard of you but didn't think I would ever run into you.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#1520 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:52 AM

Thats enough!!! Ad hominem attacks are not permitted here. Mods can you please do something about this guy as he is attacking my person. I would ask that you delete this post and his previous post and suspend his account until he can act more civil.

Mods can you also do the same for PWAIn? Since he thinks calling people trolls is civil behavior.

Thanks
  • dislike x 7
  • like x 1

#1521 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

PWAIN,

fj929 has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "Here is a tissue for your tears.".

fj929 said:

Mods help mods help me.

LOL what a whoos you are.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1522 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:54 AM

this is what happens when your parents forget to put your helmet on.
  • dislike x 7
  • like x 2

#1523 Hebbeh

• 1,661 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:19 AM

Perhaps you work for Neuralstem and need the docs to take names and start legal proceedings? I guess it was only a matter of time before you showed up. If not, you have no need to see anything since you are not a participant and therefore it is not your concern.
  • like x 9
  • dislike x 1

#1524 fj929

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Perhaps you work for Neuralstem and need the docs to take names and start legal proceedings? I guess it was only a matter of time before you showed up. If not, you have no need to see anything since you are not a participant and therefore it is not your concern.

How in the world did you figure it out???? Dammit and i almost got away with it. Looks like I failed. I hope I don't get laid off for this.
  • dislike x 8
  • like x 1

#1525 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

Fj929, I think you've garnered quicker hatred from this community than really anyone else I've seen. It's not that you're not necessarily raising (...some, I guess?) valid points, it's largely that you're being a raging tool about it. If you don't treat others with respect, you get no respect in return.

As a small quick update regarding my NSI trials, I have decided to halt them for the time being. While I received wonderful motivational and advantageous initial effects from the first couple days of trial, that slowly turned into minor brain fog and a very strong Amotivational effect. Which is quite bad, considering I'm currently studying at a university and need all the motivation I can get. I have since decided to hold onto this compound for the future, and wait perhaps for more results to come from Neuralstem's studies/trials. It is quite a shame though, as the effects from the first week were great, and it just got worse as time went on. I personally believe said good effects were not a result of placebo, as it felt strongly pharmacologically active, but of course placebo cannot be ruled out. Perhaps the strategy is a larger initial loading phase--followed by lower dosing in the future? Will be considered. That said, I'm very curious to see an update from Scienceguy on his 5mg/day dosing, as that may after all be the smarter way to go about creating advantageous changes.

All in all, I'm still very excited for the potential of the substance, but I'm going to wait until neuralstem comes out with further results.

Edit: And I do want to apologize to those of you monitoring this thread that my reports haven't been very quantitative so much as qualitative, but frankly I have huge problems with motivation and haven't had said motivation to actually engage in quantitative trials. This lack of motivation was what I was optimistic the NSI might help me with. That said, if anyone had any qualitative questions about my trial, I would be happy to answer.

Edited by Rior, 13 November 2013 - 09:38 PM.

• like x 4
  • Agree x 1

#1526 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Once again another drug that starts good then loses "the magic". When do we give up on the search for the ultimate nootropic? Honestly I think i'd be better off just sticking with the racetams cycled which for me would be only Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam and Coluracetam which are the ones I noticed benefits without side effects. I guess there are some people that got good benefits but seems like many reports are just like Sunifiram where it was great and then Peter'd out after a week or 2.
  • like x 1

#1527 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

There was an interesting article on Kurzweil AI about new neurons:

http://www.kurzweila...new-brain-cells

"when the specialized interneurons were stimulated and gave off more GABA, the mice’s newborn neurons survived in greater numbers than otherwise"

Perhaps NSI generates neurons but many die off. Increasing GABA might help more new neurons survive and integrate into the brain.

Also from Wikipedia:

"GABA itself is partially responsible for orchestrating the maturation of ion pumps.[7] GABA-ergic interneurons mature faster in the hippocampus and the GABA signalling machinery appears earlier than glutamatergic transmission. Thus, GABA is the major excitatory neurotransmitter in many regions of the brain before the maturation of glutamatergic synapses."

Edited by stponky, 14 November 2013 - 01:35 AM.

#1528 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Why is everyone expecting short-term results?
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1529 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:19 AM

I highly doubt somebody that dumb could work for Neuralstem. Probably just a customer service representative if so and would likely get laid off if they seen his behavior here.

Edited by tritium, 14 November 2013 - 05:21 AM.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1530 meatsauce

• 329 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

So I ran out of my 2.5 grams of NSI-189. I can say that it definitely has a positive effect. The problem with my trial is that through the majority of it I was in a very stressful situation so I think the growth of the hippocampus was of set by this. The last couple weeks I was in a better environment and that’s when I noticed the antidepressant effect much more. The problem is that I ran out when it first started to work best and I can feel myself slipping back into how I used to feel which is like I am low on dopamine with apathy.
Can someone please sell me a small amount if you are not using it or will be getting more in a month? I know most here have already gone through there supply so this might be a long shot.
I can replenish your supply once I get the amount from the second group buy. I would really really appreciate it. I am trying to get my ability to be very happy back.
  • dislike x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users