NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#1861 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:29 AM

I've finished my 4th week, and there was nothing major going on. I still felt like I needed more sleep and waking up was still difficult. Appetite increased so did my weight; hopefully, I'll be back to normal after I stop NSI. I'll be taking my last NSI dose on this Sunday for the first cycle.  

A few people have reported improvements after they stop the cycle, hopefully you will feel the benefits after Sunday. Can you let us know how you feel after you have finished the cycle and maybe some follow up a few weeks later?

Because I ran out of NSI, I stopped after six weeks at 20mg. Within days my motivation disapeared, my energy went low again and anxiety was vivid again. The complete PTSS was back again. I'm looking daily forward to the what the postman is delivering me. But still no NSI...

#1862 ElixirOfLife

• 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:46 PM

I have 4g available from Vlk's recent batch. Please PM if you want it. The bottle has not been opened.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1863 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:53 AM

So there has been 2 successful buys and Nyles7 has sold some on Ebay. With that said, is there anyone who has attempted to go off their antidepressant while/after taking this stuff?

#1864 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

So there has been 2 successful buys and Nyles7 has sold some on Ebay. With that said, is there anyone who has attempted to go off their antidepressant while/after taking this stuff?

I did not take any AD. Mainly for the reason that I get depressed by them. Although selegiline did a good job, but some physical adverse effect made me quit. But this works. But the effect ends as soon as I was finished with my gram. And that's a bummer. I did not need another compound with this. However, it didn't cure my stresssyndrome, but it was at a level that I could work with it and find out if I could fight it with a form of therapy.

#1865 Hungry Hippo

• 52 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

What is the best way to store NSI?

• like x 1

#1866 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

Off NSI 189 for 1 week, there was no negative effects I felt; however, there was no extraordinary effect neither. If there were not placebo effects, I felt a little positive myself - a little more energized and motivated. When a person takes SSRI or SNRI, it would take about 2 weeks to see its effects on the physical side (such as more being energized), and then about 4-6 weeks to see its effects on moods. In this case, NSI-189 is having the similar effects. For me, there are no obvious cognitive effects yet.

#1867 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

Can anyone explain to me why NSI-189 is only taken for 1 month at a time rather than every day? Is there risk of tolerance/ desensitization ect?

The days I have been off it, I notice hardly any residual effects so I'd want to know the risk of taking it every day.

Thanks.

• like x 1

#1868 CortisolJunkie

• 27 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

what are the worst side effects anyone has had on nsi?

i decided to trial it again, almost at the end of a week, and now I'm getting flu like symptoms. aching, slight nausea, head pounding. I would think it was getting sick normally but I just got sick so that would be weird. i'm just getting spooked by my head aching like this.

#1869 BrainFrost

• 56 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:03 AM

Drg, I have been taking it everyday for close to two months, I have yet to experienced any negative side effects after the initial pains.

Cortisol, worse side effect were pounding headache, high feeling, and disjointed with reality which lasted 7 days, afterwards it everything returned back to normal.

I am still hoping I will notice something positive occurring, but as I near the end of my bottle, it seems unlikely.

NSI-189 generated a lot of buzz for the miracle drug it was suppose to be but personally I have experienced very little with it. =/

There were hundreds of users who received the product at the same time as I did, I am surprised there is so little feedback.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 1

#1870 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 April 2014 - 02:56 AM

This is my fourth day on NSI-189. I'm taking it for treatment-resistant (two therapists, six typical depressants, 13 years) depression. 3 x 40 mg daily. I've noticed positive mental and physical effects, but it's way too early to rule out placebo. I feel much better rested while sleeping the same amount (9 hours) and I seem to have an easier time finding the right thing to say in conversations. I'm overall more hopeful and optimistic, and have started to view past negative events as less devastating than I initially thought. Reading about the HPA axis is moderated by the hippocampus, this seems reasonable. I'm just hoping these effects persist and it's not just a placebo honeymoon.

Edited by swolo, 30 April 2014 - 02:57 AM.

• like x 1

#1871 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

Drg, I have been taking it everyday for close to two months, I have yet to experienced any negative side effects after the initial pains.

Cortisol, worse side effect were pounding headache, high feeling, and disjointed with reality which lasted 7 days, afterwards it everything returned back to normal.

I am still hoping I will notice something positive occurring, but as I near the end of my bottle, it seems unlikely.

NSI-189 generated a lot of buzz for the miracle drug it was suppose to be but personally I have experienced very little with it. =/

There were hundreds of users who received the product at the same time as I did, I am surprised there is so little feedback.

BrainFrost, do you suffer from any form of depression? It seems that that is where it is most noteable - at least initially.

I have noticed that I seem to be able to remember longer lists of numbers when transcribing but this is a long time after I first started taking NSI. It is subjective and ancedotal but it's all I've got to offer. I generally don't respond very much to supps and meds so I am pleased to see the numbers thing and an improvement in mood/less depression but it is subtle. I doubt it is placebo because I didn't respond to so many other things I was hoping to benefit from like Coluracetam, unifiram, sunifiram, noopept etc. I guess everyone is different so different things work for different people.

#1872 stponky

• 60 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, I am almost at the end of 5 grams after around 7-8 weeks. l started taking more in the past week or so (up to 2 x 60-80 mg per day). I haven't noticed any big increase in intelligence, drive, or creativity. I am not saying NSI was meant for that, just that I haven't really experienced it. I did notice more tendency to go to sleep as others have reported. I also don't have depression or PTSD so maybe I am not in the target market. I will continue until I finish the bottle and wait a while to see if there are more effects longer term. Also, just generating neurons does not automatically make you smart, you need to be in a position where you are trying to actively use them in order for them to stick around.

#1873 CortisolJunkie

• 27 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

well, I hope things even out soon, by tonight it will have been a week :/ also getting a weird burning pain in my limbs (legs/arms alternating??). No idea what's going on.

what's the best time to take it? this time around I'm taking 40mg before bed to minimize any daytime side effects but may switch to 2x 20mg during the day now that my week is over and i have to cap more.

#1874 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

Though data from the latest (1b) trial haven't been released, it looks like Neuralstem finds the results promising. See this interview with the CEO from yesterday. Phase 1b data won't be released until 24 June, but they've already approved a phase two trial. And they've just hired the person who ran the commercialization for Paxil, an 8-year Glaxo vet. So it looks like they're serious about moving further with it as a drug. I think patent enforcement will be aggressive, even against Ceretropic's NSI-189 derivative, and I'll be stockpiling the drug so that I don't have to wait 1-2 years for FDA approval in case all the custom synths get shut down.

Edited by swolo, 02 May 2014 - 05:22 AM.

• like x 2

#1875 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:28 AM

From the interview (most important parts imo):

"The company has just announced that phase 1 b results will be reported at the 29th Annual CINP World Congress of Neuropsychopharmacology in Vancouver, Canada at 5:15 PDT on June 24, 2014. The title of the poster is: “Effects of NSI-189, a neurogenic compound, on quantitative electroencephalography (qEEG) in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD) during a phase 1b randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled, multiple ascending dose study”

We believe we are reversing hippocampal atrophy and most likely increasing synaptagenesis in the hippocampus.

Neuralstem will be developing other small molecule drugs to treat neurodegenerative, cognitive as well as neuropsychiatric, disorders.

This drug may actually structurally rebuild the hippocampus, inducing up to a 20% increase in hippocampal volume if results in animal models are replicated i n humans. We believe this is due to synaptogenesis. This is the world’s first truly neurogenic drug that is designed to specifically increase the number of synapses in the hippocampus. But as with all neuroscience, the story is complicated, not simple. While we are seeing synaptagenesis, it may well be that there are also overlapping pathways providing benefit. We are teasing out that data now.

SmithOnStocks:
What can you tell us about the phase 1b program?

Richard:
Well, not much right now. We have completed the phase 1b dose escalating study of NSI-189. The study used MRI scans at baseline and later to determine if there was an enlargement of the hippocampus. We used quantitative EEG measurements as both a safety measurement and a possible biomarker that could confirm efficacy if it was seen because there is a correlation between certain signals that the EEG picks up in specific regions of the brain, and efficacy with depression drugs. We also measured many of the standard depression behavioral tests that are used in the industry. The dosing was 28 days, and the patients were in the hospital center the entire time.

SmithOnStocks:
It was my impression that you were going to release the phase 1 data after the trial was completed and data analyzed which appears to have been finished? Why haven’t we seen the data?

Richard:
I am restricted in what I can say right now about that. The only thing we have said publicly is that it will probably take us through May or a little longer to crunch all the data; but that the early look was encouraging enough that we have already committed to conducting a phase two trial. I might also point out that we recently added Catherine Sohn to our Board of Directors. Cathy ran all commercialization for Glaxo for 8 years, and earlier in her career actually launched Paxil, one of the all time most successful depression drugs. Finally, it has been made public on the CINP web site that one set of data from the 1b trial will be presented in a session on June 24th entitled.

SmithOnStocks:
What are your thoughts on partnering NSI-189?

Richard:
We have stated in the past that we would partner NSI-189 after the 1b data was available.
From a practical point of view, there has been little appetite for partnering before proof of principal data is available; and we are actively gearing up for such an effort as soon as all the phase 1b data is in and reviewed. For partnering purposes, it may be more advantageous to partner after a phase 2 trial, but Neuralstem until recently lacked the financial resources. The Company now has the resources to conduct the phase 2 which we anticipate starting later this year. We still believe the program will benefit from having a partner, but we are not resource constrained if we don’t find a deal that we like

SmithOnStocks:
If you decide to go into phase 2 without a partner, could you describe what the trialmight look like, the timeline for completion and the cost.

Richard:
It probably will look something like a 250 patient trial that will take 18 months to 24 months to complete and cost somewhere between $5 million and $10 million dollars.

SmithOnStocks:
Do you have any closing thoughts on how investors should look at the NSI-189 opportunity?

Richard:
Again, I think they should think of it as a second declared asset along with the spinal cord cell therapy product. The company has historically spent 50% of its resources on this platform and I believe it has b een given little if any value in the way investors look at the company. I believe that is a great misunderstanding of where this program is, and where it could be headed"

• like x 5

#1876 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:23 PM

Thank you Nattzor, for the great synopsis of the interview. I'm really excited to see what results they've come out with... I have since halted my NSI trials, awaiting further information, but that looks promising.

That said, anyone here with enough chemistry knowledge to be able to predict the rate of degradation for NSI?  I have it sitting in my drawer, but I'm wondering if I should keep it in the fridge, out of the light etc.

#1877 verticalVagabond

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2014 - 12:41 AM

Huge benefits for me although I don't necessarily feel more "intelligent" and I haven't run any cognitive tests.

I do however feel more spontaneous, ambitious, and social. I also seem to have a greater appreciation for detail and nuance.

Edited by verticalVagabond, 04 May 2014 - 01:01 AM.

• like x 1

#1878 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 03:17 AM

Huge benefits for me although I don't necessarily feel more "intelligent" and I haven't run any cognitive tests.

I do however feel more spontaneous, ambitious, and social. I also seem to have a greater appreciation for detail and nuance.

Did you take NSI-189 for anything besides brain enhancement? How much did you take and what protocol? I have some but I'm not sure I want to take any if there is nothing wrong with me. Thanks! 

#1879 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

I asked the ebay seller, Nyles7, for a COA and he sent me the file I attached. Can someone tell me if this HPLC output is enough to conclude we get genuine and pure NSI-189 from him?

I already have some NSI-189 from him and although it seems to be the real stuff it tastes slightly different than the NSI-189 I got from ScienceGuy which was of highest purity. Nyles7 sells the phosphate version, but I can't remember if ScienceGuy also sold this form. If he didn't maybe this would explain the difference in taste.

Thanks!

Attached Files

Edited by focus83, 05 May 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#1880 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2014 - 12:50 PM

vlk's is in phosphate form and ScienceGuy's most likely is too, as it is what has been used by Neuralstem. Are you sure nyles7's is in phosphate form? Originally he did not know. It is possible that the NSI-189 you got from him was not phosphate form, but the NSI-189 he is selling now is.

#1881 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 02:02 PM

Nyles' distributor wrote "NSI-189 phosphate" on the label of the sachet. But when I asked him about the form for the first time he wasn't sure in which form it was. He just said it was the form/structure shown on the wikipedia page.

#1882 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

Nyles' distributor wrote "NSI-189 phosphate" on the label of the sachet. But when I asked him about the form for the first time he wasn't sure in which form it was. He just said it was the form/structure shown on the wikipedia page.

Hi, how do I contact Nyles7? He has a website where he sells the NSI-189?

#1883 VP.

• 498 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

Just google  "Nyles7". He sells on ebay but I don't see him selling any now.

#1884 ShadowFox

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:39 PM

I got this response from tht.co:

It should be available quite soon -- within the next 10 days or thereabouts.
Thanks very much for your interest!

I shall wait.

#1885 ShadowFox

• 13 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:28 PM

Also got this from NutrAction:

Hi!  Thanks for contacting NutrAction.com.  We received your enquiry regarding NSI-189.  Unfortunately, this product is not currently in stock.  However, we are planning on purchasing more.  If you're interested in guaranteeing your order for NSI-189, we will be accepting preorders within the next few days.

We will gladly notify you as soon this option becomes available.  All NSI-189 orders will include a third party testing certificate, and will be available in the following sizes:

2.5 grams for $100 or 5 grams for $175

Thanks again for your interest in NutrAction.com.  We look forward to serving you, in the future.

Thanks,
Jason

Pretty expensive perhaps?

#1886 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

vlk's NSI-189 was £20.02 per gram, meaning the price for 2.5g from him would've been 84.43 USD, and 5g would've been 168.86 USD. (going by the current value of each currency.)
When you consider that vlk wasn't making any profit, that's a great price. :P

Edited by typ3z3r0, 05 May 2014 - 11:05 PM.

#1887 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

I just got the confirmation from Nyles that he is now indeed selling the phosphate form because of multiple requests from customers who told him that the phosphate form was used in the clinical studies.

• like x 3

#1888 swolo

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:12 AM

With nyles7, Nutraction, tht.co, the group buy thread, and Ceretropic all coming out with NSI-189 "real soon now," there seems to be a bumper crop for this one noot. I'm wondering how much legit product will go out from these guys.

#1889 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

With nyles7, Nutraction, tht.co, the group buy thread, and Ceretropic all coming out with NSI-189 "real soon now," there seems to be a bumper crop for this one noot. I'm wondering how much legit product will go out from these guys.

I think Newstarnootropics were also planning on nsi-189.

Maybe we will see some price competition. $15 a gram would be nice :).

Factories in china must be really busy right now...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1890 jespern

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:08 AM

I would like to participate in a group buy for NSI-189 too. So that's 17. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users