* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2401 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:09 AM

Ranza, are you soon done with your current NSI-189 trial?

#2402 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

I have also experienced moments of emotional intenseness. Being suddenly on the verge of tears while watching a movie or reading something which normally would not effect me so strongly. That has happened quite a few times, but at lower doses. This is with the VLK NSI-189.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2403 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

@mamborambo

I took various doses, from about a minimum of 5-10mg orally to a maximum of 40mg sublingually, I tried once daily and twice daily. I did it over the course of about two weeks, but there weren't that may doses because every time I took it, it made me feel worse for a few days, during which time I didn't take any. And no, I wasn't trying to get off any other drugs during that time.

I find it absolutely unbelievable, that every time I share my experience with NSI-189, my posts get marked down as "ill-informed" by a host of members. I'm not making any claims, I'm not telling people not to take it, I'm just sharing my experience. And I continue to do it by publicly answering anew every post which asks me about my experience, although all the information is available to anyone who refers to my previous posts. Even though it's somewhat painful for me to keep sharing a negative experience I had with a drug I put a lot of hope into and which quite a few of other members found truly helpful.

Why are my posts ill-informed if I suffer from a severe treatment-resistant condition, take a substance (NSI-189) and I find that it exacerbates my symptoms to the point of them being unbearable? What am I supposed to do? Keep taking it so I can conduct a more "proper" experiment that I can share with the community? There's a member on this forum who got severe paresthesia after taking an initial dose NSI-189 and feared permanent nerve damage until it subsided over a few days. Would you demand that person to continue keep taking the drug at a regular dose for sufficient period of time before sharing their experience? Or would the more likely experience be that after such an experience the person would wash the remaining drug down the toilet?

If you go over to the NSI-189 poll, you'll find that 25% of people found the drug "ineffective" or "very harmful". And if the poll was not made public, I'm sure there would be more people reporting similar experiences. The organiser of the biggest group buy of this drug told me that the feedback he got from some people who had a level of anxiety before taking the drug was that it increased their anxiety. But this entire line of discussion is peripheral and is not my point. Even if I was the only person who didn't have a positive experience with the drug, why would that be a reason for continually marking my posts as "ill-informed"? Are you going to do this with this post as well?

Hey man, I had voted a couple of your posts 'ill informed' because when posting new replies about your negative experience you stopped mentioning that you were also taking coluracetam for the first time too. Confounding factors such as this are an important part of anecdotal reports, and are a big reason why they're regarded as an unreliable source of information about a drugs affect.

Nothing personal, it was just an easy way to give feedback on your post without actually replying. Seeing as others had given the same vote I assume it's likely due to the same reason. 

• Good Point x 6
  • Disagree x 1

#2404 pinnacle

• 62 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Hi all, this arrive from Bioscience Nutraceuticals, I'm treading with caution until I have it tested. Can anyone confirm smell, taste, texture and any details that might help compare authentic NSI-189 to my product?

Have uploaded a couple images...

Cheers  :)

#2405 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Hey man, I had voted a couple of your posts 'ill informed' because when posting new replies about your negative experience you stopped mentioning that you were also taking coluracetam for the first time too. Confounding factors such as this are an important part of anecdotal reports, and are a big reason why they're regarded as an unreliable source of information about a drugs affect.

Nothing personal, it was just an easy way to give feedback on your post without actually replying. Seeing as others had given the same vote I assume it's likely due to the same reason. 

Hey there. I've been thinking about what you said here, and I think you actually make a fairly valid point, which I failed to see before. Although I've racked up a fair amount of posts, I've only been registered here a few months and haven't authored a proper review/log of a supplement before. Neither did I actually keep any sort of a log. So in my later posts I was just relying on memory and giving an overall impression of the drug, though I did refer people to my earlier posts which had more detailed information. But I guess this is an area where I could be more careful. I think the exact point I've come to realise after reading your post is that on these forums you don't exchange information about your experience with substances as you would in a casual conversation. These forums are specifically designed for people to experiment with and provide feedback on novel compounds. So even if in my memory my actual recollection of my experience with NSI-189 is simply that "it didn't work" or "it made me feel worse for a few days", such statements are too vague to post in a thread specifically devoted to NSI-189 feedback, unless I qualify the statements with caveats and disclaimers, to enable the dozens or hundreds of people following the thread to make the statements meaningful and reliable. So no grudges against you or other people who voted my posts as "ill informed", I think you've ultimately taught me a lesson.
  • like x 3
  • Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

#2406 dorian34

• 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

I have also experienced moments of emotional intenseness. Being suddenly on the verge of tears while watching a movie or reading something which normally would not effect me so strongly. That has happened quite a few times, but at lower doses. This is with the VLK NSI-189.

have  spread out the dose throughout the day?

#2407 Virtual Wolf

• 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:18 AM

I've been doing my own trial with NSI-189 from VLK.  I can't say anything remarkable has occured yet, I'm in 11 days so far and have fluctuated the doses based upon negative side effects.

I started on 40mg twice daily for two days then reduced it to 20mg twice daily and then down further to 20mg a day.

I myself suffer from depression/anxiety/visual snow from Benzowithdrawal and semi-associated HPPD.  I noticed a few times I delved into a state of mind that wasn't pleasant to be in at all, this may have been due to me having benzo withdrawal symptoms but I haven't experienced that in a very long time (Been off benzos for almost a year and had protracted withdrawal syndrome for 8+ months).  I can only associate the feeling I had with depersonalization and derealization that you'd get on a hallucinogenic trip.

I have noted that this has made my anxiety a lot worse but at the same time I've been able to think about various things in different ways than I was previously able too.  Focus and concentration for me has decreased due to the increase of anxious thinking going on within my mind.

Has anyone with Anxiety found a dose that they were able to tolerate without too many negative side effects?

#2408 Negentropy

• 10 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Hi all, this arrive from Bioscience Nutraceuticals, I'm treading with caution until I have it tested. Can anyone confirm smell, taste, texture and any details that might help compare authentic NSI-189 to my product?

Have uploaded a couple images...

Cheers  :)

Visually, that looks similar to vlk's - somewhat fluffy and hydrophobic. The taste is a little like burned plastic to me, others say like capers. It also numbs the tongue a bit.

#2409 88LS

• 100 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:37 PM

I've also gotten random moments of emotional intenseness while on NSI (VLK), I've found that if I take Noopept concurrently with NSI it evens out those spikes in emotion quite well, as in make them much more manageable. Has anyone else tried this combo?

#2410 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:40 PM

This has happened quite a bit for me since (and during) my NSI-189 trials, but those more emotional responses were never out of line or inappropriate. I had no regrets about telling someone how their behavior affected me, no regrets about breaking into tears. It wasn't frequent and it wasn't uncontrollable. I just felt things more deeply, as I should, and chose safe conditions to express feelings that what were appropriate for the circumstances. The other thing that was interesting is that my more intense emotional expressions were pretty well received by those people I expressed them to, even when there was conflict issue between us.

This is a good thing, just something that we're not used to doing in our culture. We are also not used to it if there's unresolved trauma. Depression is often the result of big emotions left unattended and unexpressed. NSI-189 allows me to process emotions more accurately and fully.

Edited by MizTen, 25 July 2014 - 07:56 PM.

• Informative x 1

#2411 Virtual Wolf

• 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:26 AM

I've been doing my own trial with NSI-189 from VLK.  I can't say anything remarkable has occured yet, I'm in 11 days so far and have fluctuated the doses based upon negative side effects.

I started on 40mg twice daily for two days then reduced it to 20mg twice daily and then down further to 20mg a day.

I myself suffer from depression/anxiety/visual snow from Benzowithdrawal and semi-associated HPPD.  I noticed a few times I delved into a state of mind that wasn't pleasant to be in at all, this may have been due to me having benzo withdrawal symptoms but I haven't experienced that in a very long time (Been off benzos for almost a year and had protracted withdrawal syndrome for 8+ months).  I can only associate the feeling I had with depersonalization and derealization that you'd get on a hallucinogenic trip.

I have noted that this has made my anxiety a lot worse but at the same time I've been able to think about various things in different ways than I was previously able too.  Focus and concentration for me has decreased due to the increase of anxious thinking going on within my mind.

Has anyone with Anxiety found a dose that they were able to tolerate without too many negative side effects?

Just an update, as I suspected it seems after being off NSI-189 the positive effects of NSI-189 become more profound since my anxiety caused from taking it has near but vanished.  I'll keep updating over the next 24 hours as I believe this could be interesting.

• Informative x 1

#2412 fourohfournotfound

• 10 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:52 AM

Just an update, as I suspected it seems after being off NSI-189 the positive effects of NSI-189 become more profound since my anxiety caused from taking it has near but vanished.  I'll keep updating over the next 24 hours as I believe this could be interesting.

That's interesting I've noticed anxiety some days and not others. For instance today I was so anxious I became very fidgety and had to walk away from my desk. I went to my car and meditated and just focused on deep breathing for about 15min. The relief was amazing. Nsi seems to increase the power of meditation as the relaxation lasted the rest of the day. Normally I only feel slightly better after meditation and the relaxation only lasts an hour or so.

As a few others on this thread have said I am really starting to feel like nsi is a potentiator of other positive therapies. If it truly increases brain matter in the hippocampus then it would make sense to want to intregrate good habits into that new brain matter. Meditation has been shown to increase brain activity in the hippocampus so it would make sense if it's effects are potentiated. I also think that doing things that cause positive brain activity in the hippocampus will prevent my brain from pruning out alot of the new brain cells whenever I run out of nsi.

#2413 Virtual Wolf

• 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

That's interesting I've noticed anxiety some days and not others. For instance today I was so anxious I became very fidgety and had to walk away from my desk. I went to my car and meditated and just focused on deep breathing for about 15min. The relief was amazing. Nsi seems to increase the power of meditation as the relaxation lasted the rest of the day. Normally I only feel slightly better after meditation and the relaxation only lasts an hour or so.

As a few others on this thread have said I am really starting to feel like nsi is a potentiator of other positive therapies. If it truly increases brain matter in the hippocampus then it would make sense to want to intregrate good habits into that new brain matter. Meditation has been shown to increase brain activity in the hippocampus so it would make sense if it's effects are potentiated. I also think that doing things that cause positive brain activity in the hippocampus will prevent my brain from pruning out alot of the new brain cells whenever I run out of nsi.

Whats your exact technique for Meditating?  Just deep breathing for 15 minutes?

#2414 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:52 PM

Just a heads up:

Transhuman Technologies site is back online, and they carry NSI-189.

Not sure if it's legit, just wanted to let you guys know.

• Informative x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2415 crazepharmacist

• 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

Just a heads up:

Is it just me or is there no mention of volume, mass etc for any of their producs? How are we supposed to know how to dose it?

Edited by crazepharmacist, 26 July 2014 - 09:19 PM.

#2416 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Is it just me or is there no mention of volume, mass etc for any of their producs? How are we supposed to know how to dose it?

Not just you, they know about the mistake and will fix it on Monday. You can check the picture of the container and see the amount though, but it's blurry sometimes.

#2417 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 09:46 PM

Just a heads up:

Not sure if it's legit, just wanted to let you guys know

I can't say for sure if it's legit or not. However, I will say it looked and tasted awfully similar to what I got from Nyles7. 

#2418 chris106

• 292 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

This was asked elsewhere - supposedly it's 1g. Guess we'll know for sure on monday :)

Edited by chris106, 26 July 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#2419 crazepharmacist

• 94 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

Is THT's the phosphate or base form? Most are taking phosphate if i'm not mistaken no?

#2420 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:58 AM

Just a heads up:

Great! all this time to relaunch a website that looks crap and basic like before. I wonder what they did all this time.
Their products should be legit thought.

Edited by world33, 27 July 2014 - 02:58 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2421 crazepharmacist

• 94 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Just a heads up:

Great! all this time to relaunch a website that looks crap and basic like before. I wonder what they did all this time.
Their products should be legit thought.

Why do you say that? Were they well respected before they went down for restructuring? I have only discovered them recently, while the site was down.

#2422 fourohfournotfound

• 10 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

I generally focus on my breathing while meditating. When I'm anxious it gets very shallow and my heart rate increases significantly. The first five minutes it's difficult to slow it down, but I just keep focusing on it my breathing. Don't worry if your mind drifts a bit. That's normal. Just let it drift back to your breathing. Any thoughts that come to mind I see them without judging them and focus back on my breathing. There was tons of noise at first. So many thoughts and worries, but it's starting to train me to focus on the moment. Sometimes I like to do progressive relaxation as well where you tense your muscles and then release them one by one feeling what it's like when they relax.

These techniques are some of the only things that have helped my anxiety besides drugs. Both meditation and progressive relaxation are backed by quite a bit of research in positive psychology and mri studies, so it's definitely worth a try.

Especially relevant to people taking nsi. This study showed a 50% reduction in relapse for participants who did mindfullness meditation.

Ma, S. H., Teasdale, J. D. (2004). Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression: Replication and Exploration of Differential Relapse Prevention Effects. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 72 (1), 31–40.

Edited by fourohfournotfound, 27 July 2014 - 08:03 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

#2423 penisbreath

• Validating/Suspended
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

I generally focus on my breathing while meditating. When I'm anxious it gets very shallow and my heart rate increases significantly. The first five minutes it's difficult to slow it down, but I just keep focusing on it my breathing. Don't worry if your mind drifts a bit. That's normal. Just let it drift back to your breathing. Any thoughts that come to mind I see them without judging them and focus back on my breathing. There was tons of noise at first. So many thoughts and worries, but it's starting to train me to focus on the moment. Sometimes I like to do progressive relaxation as well where you tense your muscles and then release them one by one feeling what it's like when they relax.

Do you just let yourself breathe, or do you make any effort to control it?

• Off-Topic x 1

#2424 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:33 PM

Do you just let yourself breathe, or do you make any effort to control it?

This is not the right thread to discuss this, but I want to share my experience on this point. To me the idea of relaxation and meditation intuitively somehow entailed controlling your breathing and breathing deeper than you would normally. However, I was told by a psychologist and I think also read in an authoritative book, that you shouldn't control your breathing, it just should be there for you to notice. It is like a focus of your attention. But I have never been able to implement this. Because when I stop controlling my breathing, I notice that I stop breathing altogether and then have to take a really deep breath. We all breathe in a quiet and shallow manner when we don't think about it, but I haven't been able to just pay attention to that process. As soon as I pay attention, the process becomes deep and exaggerated. Anyone else had that experience?

• Ill informed x 1

#2425 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:43 PM

There are many forms of meditation and countless avenues to explore them. A simple google search will provide you with more web sites, articles, and books than you could ever read. Breath awareness is ususlly considered the most accessible form of meditation and a good starting place....

So back to the topic at hand....
  • Good Point x 1

#2426 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 06:15 PM

So back to the topic at hand....

Back to the topic at hand, I have commissioned a lab to carry out NMR spectroscopy analysis of a sample of NSI-189 supplied by Wuhan HengHeDa. As far as I am aware, this is the first NMR spectroscopy of any NSI-189 product, and the first analysis of Wuhan HengHeDa NSI-189. This post should be read in conjunction with my earlier posts here and here.

I have now received preliminary data from the lab, which I enclose with this post. I enclose the .pdf file they sent me containing 1H and 13C NMR spectroscopy of the sample. However, peak assignments have only been completed for 1H spectra at this stage and I will be waiting to receive a final report and conclusion. The lab has also indicated that they may need a larger amount of the substance to run another 13C scan.

Comments accompanying the data were as follows:

1. One peak around 0.1 ppm which counts for six protons must be due to the silyl group or its impurity if you have used any silyl compound in your synthesis.

2. The labile protons such as -NH, -OH, -SH mostly can be seen in DMSO-d6 instead of CDCl3 solvent which is not seen in present sample.

This is all scientific and I do not to pretend to understand it, but I'm putting it here on record. As regards point 2 above, I do understand that the actual sample indicates that DMSO-d6 was used as a solvent, while when I inquired of Wuhan HengHeDa, they told me that CDCl3 was used as a solvent, which seems to correspond to the spectra they themselves sent me.

I have made it clear to the lab that what I ultimately need to know is (1) whether the substance is what it purports to be and (2) to the extent that any impurities are present, are those impurities likely to be injurious to human health.

I think once we have answers to those questions we will have made some progress, as Wuhan HengHeDa is by far the cheapest supplier of freebase NSI-189 and is the likely place other vendors get it from, as indirectly confirmed by one of my earlier posts.

Now, lastly, I don't want to spoil the party, but I do want to mention that the analysis has cost $200, which is somewhat of an expense for me as I'm on a disability support pension and have been unable to work for some years due to my condition. If anybody finds this information (and the final verdict which will follow in due course) useful and wants to contribute, my PayPal email is nicety.log@gmail.com.

However, before you decide to contribute, bear in mind that even though (or, indeed, because of) I am a non-responder to NSI-189, I would in most likelihood have commissioned this analysis purely for my own needs, i.e. even if I wasn't part of a community I could share with. So please don't be obliged to chip in. At this point it's not so much about getting a refund from fellow members, as trying to assess the interest in this kind of independent analysis. Because I have found that it has been talked about a lot but never actually carried out until now. If enough people want to contribute, we will have established a relatively cheap and ready method of testing any substance we want tested.

Attached Files

Edited by tolerant, 27 July 2014 - 06:31 PM.

• like x 9

#2427 stfu2014

• 6 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

I'm on day 3 of NSI 189. 20 mg two time a day. 

I felt good the first 2 days.

Today I feel depressed, very tired. Don't feel like doing anything. 

After reading through some of the post on here it looks like a lot of people feel depressed on day three or the first week so I'm gonna stick with it.

I'll keep you guys updated. 

#2428 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:22 AM

I am on day 5, started with 5mg morning and 10mg afternoon first day

2nd day two 10mg doses and from day 3 - 3 10mg doses all sublingually throughout the day.

I had a couple of low energy days #2,3 but feel fine now.

End of day 2 was a little euphoric but not out of hand.

I notice an increase in libedo wich is usually on the upper side anyway.

I seem a little more social and more apt to say what I am thinking but I know it is still early in the game to know how I will personally benefit from this molecule

I take many vitamins and workout daily stretching and stationary bike and some weights.

All vitals normal but have had bouts of winter depression or S.A.D. self diagnosed.

Age 57 male

Edited by Betterself, 28 July 2014 - 01:28 AM.

#2429 Mr Matsubayashi

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

The hippocampus is a small brain structure but increasing its volume by 20% is extreme and possibly dangerous in my opinion.

My biggest concern is that extended use of this drug at specific doses could ultimately result in brain hernia, temporal lobe, foramen magnum. May also cause damage to brain structures due to the consistency of the brain and the fixed volume it occupies. Can someone with a degree in this topic allay my fears?

Other thoughts:

High doses of NSI result in headaches. Forskolin increases the effectiveness of nerve growth factors. NSI + CILTEP (forskolin) causes debilitating headaches.

Headaches are caused by blood vessels and the meninges. One theorem is friction between structures causes these effects. If we assume that rapid brain growth and micro movements in its structure are causing the headaches, combine this thought with the empirical evidence that headaches subside after a week of supplementing it may validate the idea below.

Neuronal Stem Cells, will depleting their stocks reduce their overall production rate? Reduced long term effectiveness of this drug?

New neurons are more sensitive to GABA, might explain the antidepressant effect.

I'm concerned this drug is receiving false reviews from stockholders. I trade shares and I expect this to be a "pump and dump", the phase 3 trials may be successful but the moment before the news release there will likely be a huge sell-off as people who pumped the stock de-risk. I might be wrong, I'm only raising this point out of loyalty to this forum and general concern.

If I were to trial this substance I would get a MRI before and 4 months after. I would also use a dose on the low end and spend my time focused on training my brain so new pathways might be put to good use and not absentmindedness. This is a substance I would cycle.

I think it will be beneficial if everyone taking this substance details the superficial details, colour, consistency, taste. This information correlated with effectiveness might be meaningful.

Edited by Mr Matsubayashi, 28 July 2014 - 11:04 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2430 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

I have finished my 28 day cycle of NSI about 3 days ago. I'm noting the following (53 yo male):

1. First of all, my depression (I have MDD/Anxiety/ADD) is gone, at least for now.

2. Anxiety is lower, but kind of up and down. I believe it will take time to stabilize. (But it's better than pre-treatment).

3. I feel very alert and awake; this is good, as daytime somnolence has been a major inhibitor of progress for me.

4. Colors do seem amplified compared to pre-treatment; I can also enjoy music again (it's been years).

While taking it, I went through a pretty wide gamut of emotions and side effects. The first side effect I noticed was fairly bad fatigue; I experienced periods of anxiety, and nearly a panic attack (though I have a history of panic attacks, it has been several years).

Hopefully, I can just be a normal happy, healthy person, and a better husband and father - without any AD meds. Time will tell, and I'll periodically update my status here. I'll be overseas in a few weeks but I'll still have internet access (though it's sometimes sketchy).

Edited by SearchingForAnswers, 28 July 2014 - 12:32 PM.

• Cheerful x 3
  • Informative x 2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1173 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1173 guests, 0 anonymous users