* * * * * 34 votes

NSI-189

nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2791 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

From my amateurish knowledge, NSI-189 would help to restore the HPA axis if the Glucocorticoid Receptors (GR) are normal i.e. upregulated.

If not then the effects wouldnt be that pronounced like for anyone else.

As said, I´m an amateur, so take this with a grain of salt.

It could also perhaps be the case that by enhancing the Hippocampus, the GR expression would be affected to some extend, but this is just my theory. 

On the other hand, the opposite is validated. So an excess of Glucocorticoids ( chronic stress) do damage the Hippocampus.

Does NSI-189 have effects on glucocorticoid receptor density?

#2792 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:52 PM

I received a gram of NSI-189 base from LTR about a week ago. Since then I've been taking about 30 mg sublingually about 1-2 times a day. I  can confidently say the product is a potent anti-depressant, and it's absolutely not placebo because the same effects have manifested everyday I've taken the supplement. Upon taking it sublingually I feel an immediate boost in mood, I become more cheery and positive, less anxious, and more confident  I also notice a slight increase in cognition, it's mildly stimulating mentally. My ability to think more in-depth increases, and I become slightly more verbally fluent, as if I'm able to retrieve more words from the word bank in my mind. All in all it's a fantastic nootropic, absolutely worth the money. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2793 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:04 AM

i don't get  it.

tht or tlr? Do they works differently?

#2794 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:10 AM

So far it seems NSI genuinely works for depression only! Also Neural Stem genuinely seems to be taking time with it, one would be curious as to why a company in need of a hit product hasn't released one yet.

What's the overall consensus on THT's NSI-189?

Well I gave thts nsi 189 a couple of trials now and it's useless. I feel absolutely nothing from it. After 2x 1 month trials of another vendors nsi and responding almost instantly to it through an instant mood boost, memory enhancement, less anxiety in social situations and many other benefits whilst also being able to give up all other supplements and antidepressants I know what to expect from nsi and thts brings no psychoactive effects whatsoever.
I do respond a bit to thts pitolisant with a slight focus boost which is a nice subtle boost instead of modafinil which makes me so wired especially at night!
I'm still not sure nsi 189 as a standalone treatment is enough as I still only do the bare minimum I need to in life. But it's certainly has some unique qualities that other antidepressants don't provide

excuse me sir. Had been you use weights? Does form of another vendor was freebase?

#2795 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

From my amateurish knowledge, NSI-189 would help to restore the HPA axis if the Glucocorticoid Receptors (GR) are normal i.e. upregulated.

It could also perhaps be the case that by enhancing the Hippocampus, the GR expression would be affected to some extend, but this is just my theory. 

On the other hand, the opposite is validated. So an excess of Glucocorticoids ( chronic stress) do damage the Hippocampus.

Hmm good point, afaik its unknown. If yes, then some symptoms of either hyper or hypo-cortisolism should appear at higher doses.

#2796 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:22 AM

Hmm good point, afaik its unknown. If yes, then some symptoms of either hyper or hypo-cortisolism should appear at higher doses.

I'd be concerned, maybe..but then, if it was agonistic, we would expect people to experience lethargy and muscle strength decreases - then again, how many of our nootropic experimenters/volunteers here also lift weights? :sleep:

#2797 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

I meant with hypo, below baseline.

Ok, looked for Dexamethasone(agonist) overdose and Mifepristone(antagonist) overdose.

Muscle weakness and depression occurs by overactivation, dizziness and nausea and fatigue by inhibition.

Furthermore, Glucocorticoids are a double edged sword in regards of Neurogenesis.

Simple overactivation inhibits neurogenesis whereas dosed activation increase it and abolition ( inhibition so to say) had only positive effects in the short-term:

Glucocorticoids orchestrate divergent effects on mood through adult neurogenesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23407954

Hippocampal neurogenesis is not enhanced by lifelong reduction of glucocorticoid levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15744738

So I would say, from my humble opinion, that an inhibition is more the case, if it does affect the GR after all.

Or ..sigh.. via MR activation.. have to look into it..

Genetic disruption of mineralocorticoid receptor leads to impaired neurogenesis and granule cell degeneration in the hippocampus of adult mice.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11258486

#2798 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

I meant with hypo, below baseline.

Ok, looked for Dexamethasone(agonist) overdose and Mifepristone(antagonist) overdose.

Muscle weakness and depression occurs by overactivation, dizziness and nausea and fatigue by inhibition.

Furthermore, Glucocorticoids are a double edged sword in regards of Neurogenesis.

Simple overactivation inhibits neurogenesis whereas dosed activation increase it and abolition ( inhibition so to say) had only positive effects in the short-term:

Glucocorticoids orchestrate divergent effects on mood through adult neurogenesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23407954

Hippocampal neurogenesis is not enhanced by lifelong reduction of glucocorticoid levels.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/15744738

So I would say, from my humble opinion, that an inhibition is more the case, if it does affect the GR after all.

Or ..sigh.. via MR activation.. have to look into it..

Genetic disruption of mineralocorticoid receptor leads to impaired neurogenesis and granule cell degeneration in the hippocampus of adult mice.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11258486

I've reduced cortisol to nearly nothing and had no ill effects.....

To each their own though, guess it depends on the REASON for low cortisol.

The biggest question with any study, is whether we have healthy individuals as set  parameters, and moreover, what defines the overseer's / conductors definition of "healthy" - what guidelines are they using and are they using a universal guideline such as the world health organization or their own and in that particular study, are other factors being taken into account?

Of course, no study is perfect, and that's why individuality and one's own experiments are more or less the finishing touch for the holy grail some so avidly seek, at the same time, "placebo" effect is a very real thing and fairly common occurrence, ESPECIALLY with unregulated Internet/Forum reports/anecdotes.

Edited by Area-1255, 14 December 2014 - 02:58 AM.

#2799 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

So far it seems NSI genuinely works for depression only! Also Neural Stem genuinely seems to be taking time with it, one would be curious as to why a company in need of a hit product hasn't released one yet.

What's the overall consensus on THT's NSI-189?
Well I gave thts nsi 189 a couple of trials now and it's useless. I feel absolutely nothing from it. After 2x 1 month trials of another vendors nsi and responding almost instantly to it through an instant mood boost, memory enhancement, less anxiety in social situations and many other benefits whilst also being able to give up all other supplements and antidepressants I know what to expect from nsi and thts brings no psychoactive effects whatsoever.
I do respond a bit to thts pitolisant with a slight focus boost which is a nice subtle boost instead of modafinil which makes me so wired especially at night!
I'm still not sure nsi 189 as a standalone treatment is enough as I still only do the bare minimum I need to in life. But it's certainly has some unique qualities that other antidepressants don't provide

excuse me sir. Had been you use weights? Does form of another vendor was freebase?

Weights to measure? Yes a cheap 10-20 quid set.
It's only phosphate I've used from two separate vendors

I received a gram of NSI-189 base from LTR about a week ago. Since then I've been taking about 30 mg sublingually about 1-2 times a day. I can confidently say the product is a potent anti-depressant, and it's absolutely not placebo because the same effects have manifested everyday I've taken the supplement. Upon taking it sublingually I feel an immediate boost in mood, I become more cheery and positive, less anxious, and more confident I also notice a slight increase in cognition, it's mildly stimulating mentally. My ability to think more in-depth increases, and I become slightly more verbally fluent, as if I'm able to retrieve more words from the word bank in my mind. All in all it's a fantastic nootropic, absolutely worth the money.

I second that entirely with their phosphate.
  • like x 1

#2800 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:45 AM

Has anyone tried getting it from a Chinese supplier?  Do you think the suppliers on alibaba are trustworthy?  I am getting quoted 130 dollars for 10 grams plus 40 s and h.  That is a pretty good deal.

#2801 themadscientist

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:44 AM

Yes I have. The supplier was HHD Pharma, and I dealt with Nancy Chaung. I received my order roughly 5 days after ordering it. I paid via Western Union but only ordered a 1 gram sample. It was in free base form and I'm pretty confident it was legit. I have also tried THT's NSI and it did not net the same results as the batch from HHD Pharma.

#2802 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:49 AM

Yes I have. The supplier was HHD Pharma, and I dealt with Nancy Chaung. I received my order roughly 5 days after ordering it. I paid via Western Union but only ordered a 1 gram sample. It was in free base form and I'm pretty confident it was legit. I have also tried THT's NSI and it did not net the same results as the batch from HHD Pharma.

How can you make the assumption that it was legitimate NSI-189 without any certificate of analysis?
I would be extremely hesitant to judge it as authentic based on subjective effects alone

#2803 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

How can you make the assumption that it was legitimate NSI-189 without any certificate of analysis?
I would be extremely hesitant to judge it as authentic based on subjective effects alone

THT provides COA's correct?

#2804 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:35 AM

In reference to the Mad Scientist's post #2812 did you get a significantly less expensive price with HHD pharma?  That is what I am getting and I just want to know why, even though I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth.  How could it be so much cheaper?  I am also wondering if there could be problems with customs or at least a delay in getting 10 grams imported from China.

#2805 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

THT.co  nsi-189 not real?

Does tht.co  nsi 189 differs from all other's nsi-189 effects?

#2806 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

I`m getting decent results from a combination of NSI-189 + 7,8 DHF after 4 days of usage. I`m using 2x25mg NSI orally and 30mg 7,8 DHF intranasally. A week ago, when I decided this untested combination I stuggled with pretty severe suicidal thoughts and other depression symptoms which now seem to be partly gone (allthough I can never rule out the natural fluctations in my mental state).

About tht; I`m not to sure about their legitimacy the 7,8DHF I got from them was yellow/green while the one from teamtlr (which i`m using now) was beige like expected.

• dislike x 1

#2807 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

THT.co  nsi-189 not real?

Does tht.co  nsi 189 differs from all other's nsi-189 effects?

Where did you find that load of bologne? I believe the consensus was it might* be slightly reduced in potency in comparison to others, but this was just by a couple users - many others have noted favorable effects by their brand.

Edited by Area-1255, 21 December 2014 - 12:34 AM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2808 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

I`m getting decent results from a combination of NSI-189 + 7,8 DHF after 4 days of usage. I`m using 2x25mg NSI orally and 30mg 7,8 DHF intranasally. A week ago, when I decided this untested combination I stuggled with pretty severe suicidal thoughts and other depression symptoms which now seem to be partly gone (allthough I can never rule out the natural fluctations in my mental state).

About tht; I`m not to sure about their legitimacy the 7,8DHF I got from them was yellow/green while the one from teamtlr (which i`m using now) was beige like expected.

Aphex reported it allready as green and that its working.

http://www.longecity...-11#entry670281

http://www.longecity...e-2#entry667708

Why do You doubt it,

Does it not work ?

#2809 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:38 AM

I may try 7,8 dhf from team tlr in that case. I bought tht's back in May and found very slight anxiolytic effects at 60mg intranasally which lasted an hour at most. I just wrote it off. But if you're noticing better effects from another vendor I may reconsider. Could you explain a bit further on your experience with it?

I think tht is bogus tbh. I've tried about a quarter of their products and noticed very little from anything. Their products physical appearance, taste and smell all differ to other vendors. Obviously I don't judge completely on that but when there are little to no effects from products you have tried from other vendors and not only respond but respond strongly to its pretty obvious. And I'm someone quite sensitive to medication!
  • Needs references x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#2810 Edogawa Rampo

• 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:13 PM

tht.co bogus?

What says about it in closed forum?

#2811 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

tht.co bogus?

What says about it in closed forum?

Where do you newbies get this stuff from? It's not bogus....it's been remarked as possibly* a little less potent, but we do need more reports...personally, I'm satisfied with their products, though I haven't tried their NSI-189 yet, when I do , I will write a log, but I can attest to the potency of their pitolisant, 9-me-bc and tianeptine (past).

#2812 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:39 PM

I may try 7,8 dhf from team tlr in that case. I bought tht's back in May and found very slight anxiolytic effects at 60mg intranasally which lasted an hour at most. I just wrote it off. But if you're noticing better effects from another vendor I may reconsider. Could you explain a bit further on your experience with it?

I think tht is bogus tbh. I've tried about a quarter of their products and noticed very little from anything. Their products physical appearance, taste and smell all differ to other vendors. Obviously I don't judge completely on that but when there are little to no effects from products you have tried from other vendors and not only respond but respond strongly to its pretty obvious. And I'm someone quite sensitive to medication!

I think that THT's business model is to offer a wide variety of obscure compounds, most of which you can't get anywhere else. These compounds aren't supposed to have an in-your-face effect for anyone and everyone who takes them. They're supposed to have a subtle but positive effect for people with specific needs/health problems. 

• like x 1

#2813 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:55 PM

I think that THT's business model is to offer a wide variety of obscure compounds, most of which you can't get anywhere else. These compounds aren't supposed to have an in-your-face effect for anyone and everyone who takes them. They're supposed to have a subtle but positive effect for people with specific needs/health problems. 

Definitely, and I have a feeling they are going to be innovator's again very soon.... ;)  :sleep:

#2814 DaneV

• 98 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:57 PM

Why do You doubt it,

Does it not work ?

I can`t say anything about it`s effects, but I recall having red from different sources that pure 7,8 is a dense, beige powder. Not fluffy and green like the one that is found in THT`s container. For this reason, I haven`t even tried the one I got from them yet. I have no time to look it up right now, but if I find these sources i`ll publish them if you want.

That saying, i`m not saying there is no 7,8 DHF in tht`s shipped product, but if the (independant, non-vendor) sources i`ve red are right, something is just "off" about THT`s 7,8 DHF. Also, they haven`t been able to provide any solid proof about the legitamacy about their products (unfortunately my current vendor, teamtlr isn`t either).

• dislike x 1

#2815 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Why do You doubt it,

Does it not work ?

I can`t say anything about it`s effects, but I recall having red from different sources that pure 7,8 is a dense, beige powder. Not fluffy and green like the one that is found in THT`s container. For this reason, I haven`t even tried the one I got from them yet. I have no time to look it up right now, but if I find these sources i`ll publish them if you want.

That saying, i`m not saying there is no 7,8 DHF in tht`s shipped product, but if the (independant, non-vendor) sources i`ve red are right, something is just "off" about THT`s 7,8 DHF. Also, they haven`t been able to provide any solid proof about the legitamacy about their products (unfortunately my current vendor, teamtlr isn`t either).

They provide chemical analysis pages on each product page, and I don't think transhuman would take the risk of having purity issues being that they are based or at least ship from within the USA, plus if the products are unique and exclusive, they are not going to want to mess something up for everybody once found out....

I always got good effects from the products I've tried from them.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2816 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

Why do You doubt it,
Does it not work ?

They provide chemical analysis pages on each product page, and I don't think transhuman would take the risk of having purity issues being that they are based or at least ship from within the USA, plus if the products are unique and exclusive, they are not going to want to mess something up for everybody once found out....

You can't mock other people's experiences with their products just because you claim to have had positive experiences with their products! I'm starting to think you are affiliated with them.
I'm curious about your statement that they are based and ship from USA because the 2 packages I've ordered from them, one in May and the other a few weeks ago was shipped from Hong Kong...
  • Good Point x 2
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • Disagree x 1
  • Agree x 1

#2817 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:41 AM

Why do You doubt it,
Does it not work ?

You can't mock other people's experiences with their products just because you claim to have had positive experiences with their products! I'm starting to think you are affiliated with them.
I'm curious about your statement that they are based and ship from USA because the 2 packages I've ordered from them, one in May and the other a few weeks ago was shipped from Hong Kong...

Where do you live? What products did you order? I live in the USA, maybe the products I've ordered were shipped from local warehouses...

#2818 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

Has anyone thought about buying it from a Chinese manufacturer and requesting a certificate of analysis?  They seem to have better prices.  Or is the fear that it will be poor quality?

#2819 explr9

• 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

I have found NSI + 78DHF combo to be effective. NSI@25mg, 78DHF @ 30..The combo can offset the lethargy that comes from NSI alone, especially at the start of an NSI cycle. 

After 10 days or so, it gets intense, and I stop the 78d for a week or so. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2820 Christin

• 4 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:56 AM

Anyone doubt nsi-189 from HHD PHARM can contact with me directly. Our products can stand all kinds of test!

• Needs references x 2
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)