* * * * - 2 votes

Noopept and Aniracetam

noopept aniracetam nootropic

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Heraclitean

• 134 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:39 PM

I would like to bring to the attention of the forum a stack which I have been working with for the past 2 weeks, with excellent effects.

It consists, simply, of combining 20mg of Noopept with 750mg of Aniracetam, b.i.d.

1. Effects:

1.1 Obvious: -Enhanced visual clarity: objects seem more distinct, colours are much more saturated, everything aquires much greater depth. In intervals, I get the feeling that the veil which separates my mind from the so-called outside world is lifted [hard-headed scientists, please forgive the pseudo religious appearance of these words, but that is exactly what it feels like subjectively], and I feel in much more direct contact with my environment. It is highly sensual, and not necessarily nootropic.

-Mood modulation:Greater resilience. I am more sociable, less likely to shun social contact with strangers or acquaintances I do not have an explicitly good rapport with. Not a rambling sociability though (those who have taken amphetamines will know what I am talking about, and this is not like that), it feels more normal. I conjecture that this may be due to the fear modulating effect of Noopept and Aniracetam's anxiolytic effects working in concert. I have included sociability under "mood" because they feed each other very intimately in my experience.

-Greater motivation: For those that have taken amphetamines, got burned out and never regained the "magic" (or simply are wary of toxic effects), this will not be a valid substitute. However, I have noticed that I get much more done when I take this combo than when off it (I've cycled it throughout these 2 weeks, taking 1 or 2 days off occasionally). I don't get more done of what I need to do, my dutifulness remains untouched, and I suppose that since I don't have any explicitly mental illness, my dutifulness is never a problem. However, I get much more extra things done, things related to personal development and self-actualization, to use Maslow's term.

1.2 Noticeable upon reflection: - More productive thinking: my thinking pattern becomes more pragmatic, and I tend to dwell on "soft" or "unreal" lines of thought with much less frequency (in two words, decreased daydreaming). Daydreaming has not been a serious problem for me since High School (and even there, I think I was daydreaming because our modern secondary education is a scandal with regards to doing any education at all... as soon as I moved to the freer and more rigorous atmosphere of the University, my daydreaming became almost an afterthought), but it sometimes occurs when I am not engaged in anything explicit, like when I am travelling on a bus or am walking home from the supermarket, etc. Now, I don't daydream, but even in my spare moments concoct and scheme ways to improve my concrete living situation, from small changes here and now, to long-term strategic changes.

- Better posture and quicker reflexes: Self-explanatory.

1.3: - Possibly: Greater pattern recognition: I seem to be perceiving links between events with greater ease, and furthermore, I seem to be perceiving patterns with more ease (patterns being a "repetition" of a certain "structure" of links between events... sorry for obtuse language). I guess this could be categorized under “creativity” and “awareness”. I have always been quite “creative” and “aware”, so it is perhaps more difficult to discern here if there have been improvements, or if I think there have been improvements because I am in a better mood and am getting more done than before, which exposes me to more stimuli than usual, thus increasing the “food for thought” I have available.

2. Side effects:

No explicit side effects. Perhaps greater need for sleep, but that could be a coincidence. No sexual side effects whatsoever (re: Noopept). If anything, I seem to be in a sexier mood lately, probably a consequence of the sharpened sensuality. Have been gaining muscle as usual in the gym, so I use that as a proxy for reduced testosterone levels, which I have not tested (And won’t, since it is no more than conjecture at this stage that Noopept reduces testosterone, ceteris paribus).

3. Other considerations:

This combination is not expensive, as far as nootropics go, considering the benefits. I am spending about £0.8 per day (about US$ 1.3), if taken twice a day as suggested in the introduction. I do not consider this to be an excessive amount of money, as they are the only nootropics I am taking these days. It costs less than a small latte at Starbucks, or other such “small” daily expenses which can be phased out to accommodate better things, if need be.

Note: I have taken Aniracetam and Noopept separately in the past for weeks at a time. The effects mentioned above are not privy to one or the other, but to a combination of both. Other confounding factors, such as diet, exercise, changes in general life situation, etc., have not occurred over the past few weeks.

Edited by Heraclitean, 07 September 2012 - 10:47 PM.

• like x 4

#2 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

I second this, well written. I did this for one week. Only thing bothering me is that noopept is reasonably unkown.

That's why I prefer aniracetan+praniracetam, despite that the ani+noopept conbination is God-like. I hope we'll see serious studies and that they will be "positive"...
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Cognizant

• 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:38 AM

Hey, I have also just started this combo, in addition to the Uridine combo and a Piracetam combo; I also really like it and I do believe that they work well together. My question is how do we best make these work? I am sure that there are many other noots which are synergistic with these.

Do you take them with a fatty meal? I take the Ani and Noopept with my breakfast shake (which contains Coconut oil and Flax Seeds) and the fat soluble co-factors for the Uridine (Vitamin E and Fish Oil).

Do you take both b.i.d or just the Ani? Thanks.
  • like x 1

#4 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:54 AM

I second this, well written. I did this for one week. Only thing bothering me is that noopept is reasonably unkown.

That's why I prefer aniracetan+praniracetam, despite that the ani+noopept conbination is God-like. I hope we'll see serious studies and that they will be "positive"...

I agree that the lack of research behind Noopept is slightly unsettling. There have been some toxicity studies done, however, such as:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Preclinical study of noopept toxicity].

[Article in Russian]

Kovalenko LP, Smol'nikova NM, Alekseeva SV, Nemova EP, Sorokina AV, Miramedova MG, Kurapova SP, Sidorina EI, Kulakova AV, Daugel'-Dauge NO.

Source

Laboratory of Drug Toxicology, Institute of Pharmacology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Baltiiskaya ul. 8, Moscow, 125315 Russia.

Abstract

Within the framework of a preclinical investigation, the new nootrope drug noopept (N-phenyl-acetyl-L-propyl-glycine ethylate) was tested for chronic toxicity upon peroral administration in a dose of 10 or 100 mg/kg over 6 months in both male and female rabbits. The results of observations showed that noopept administered in this dose range induced no irreversible pathologic changes in the organs and systems studied and exhibited no allergenic, immunotoxic, and mutagen activity. The drug affected neither the generative function nor the antenatal or postnatal progeny development. Noopept produced a dose-dependent suppression of inflammation reaction to concanavalin A and stimulated the cellular and humoral immune response in mice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And others where the researchers mention the lack of toxicity of Noopept, but without citing sources in the abstract:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noopept efficiency in experimental Alzheimer disease (cognitive deficiency caused by beta-amyloid25-35 injection into Meynert basal nuclei of rats).

Ostrovskaya RU, Belnik AP, Storozheva ZI.

Source

Laboratory of Psychopharmacology, V. V. Zakusov Institute of Pharmacology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow, Russia. rita@nicemail.ru

Abstract

Experiments on adult Wistar rats showed that injection of beta-amyloid25-35 (2 microg) into Meynert basal nuclei caused long-term memory deficiency which was detected 24 days after this injection by the memory trace retrieval in conditioned passive avoidance reflex (CPAR). The effects of noopept, an original nootropic and neuroprotective dipeptide, on the severity of this cognitive deficiency were studied. Preventive (for 7 days before the injury) intraperitoneal injections of noopept in a dose of 0.5 mg/kg completely prevented mnestic disorders under conditions of this model.Noopept exhibited a significant normalizing effect, if the treatment was started 15 days after the injury, when neurodegenerative changes in the basal nuclei, cortex, and hippocampus were still acutely pronounced. The mechanisms of this effect of the drug are studied, including, in addition to the choline-positive effect, its multicomponent neuroprotective effect and stimulation of production of antibodies to beta-amyloid25-35. Noopept efficiency in many models of Alzheimer disease, its high bioavailability and low toxicity suggest this dipeptide for further studies as a potential agent for the treatment of this condition (initial and moderate phases).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean that we can ingest it in complete confidence that it will produce no adverse effects, if taken at 20-40 mg per day, 3 months on, one month off (as suggested by the manufacturer's insert)? No. But it suggests to me that it is in all likelihood a relatively innocuous compound, but as a preventative measure I will be cycling it regularly and keeping a tab of my mental parameters when off it, to try and ascertain whether it is doing any damage.

Pramiracetam, on the other hand, doesn't have much study behind it either. A quick look through pubmed gives back few studies relating to Pram. Why do you consider, given this, that Pram is safer than Noopept? There has even been speculation, based on one study (http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8557218) that Pram can induce the production of harmful levels of Nitric Oxide in the brain. See this thread for more information: http://www.longecity...6-pramiracetam/. I don't think Pram is likely to be very harmful, but my point is that is seems and odd substitute for Noopept if your reason for dropping Noopept in the first place was the state of public scientific knowledge behind it.

Indeed, I do hope that further studies on Noopept yield positive results.

#5 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

Hey, I have also just started this combo, in addition to the Uridine combo and a Piracetam combo; I also really like it and I do believe that they work well together. My question is how do we best make these work? I am sure that there are many other noots which are synergistic with these.

Do you take them with a fatty meal? I take the Ani and Noopept with my breakfast shake (which contains Coconut oil and Flax Seeds) and the fat soluble co-factors for the Uridine (Vitamin E and Fish Oil).

Do you take both b.i.d or just the Ani? Thanks.

It is true that many nootropics are probably synergistic with the Anipept (there, I've coined it) stack. Personally, I prefer to keep my stack minimalistic, keeping to the lowest possible amount of nootropics possible, and maintaining a high level of marginal benefit. I have had large stacks in the past, and my experience is that while they may be effective, the MARGINAL BENEFIT of each additional nootropic in a huge stack diminishes greatly, but the MARGINAL COST (which can be significant) of adding another nootropic into the stack remains more or less constant, or may even increase if we take into account the increasing likelihood of drug interactions. For this reason, I prefer to keep it simple, as well as to avoid the dangers involved in manipulating multiple variables simultaneously and managing their largely unknown interactions with each other (see the dangers of polypharmacy http://en.wikipedia....ki/Polypharmacy).

If you still do want some nuggets of wisdom in this regards, try stacking with Choline, Fish Oil, B Vitamins and other brain nutrients. Otherwise, a vasodilator such as Vinpocetine works well with the racetams, but I find that this is best left for short term use only. Enhanced B-vitamins might be good too, such as Sulbutiamine and Pyritinol, which gave me good results in the past, but I stopped taking them for the reasons stated in the above paragraph. If you are bolder than I, you might want to try these.

I don't take them with a fatty meal, or without them for that matter. I have not found a difference in effect from taking it with or without food, so I just take it when it is possible to do so, regardless of food intake. YMMV, so experiment and figure out what is best for yourself, as this is not set in stone.

I take both b.i.d.

Edited by Heraclitean, 08 September 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#6 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 04:10 AM

I'll have to give just these two substances a trial run together. Unfortunately, I'm just about out of Aniracetam. (If anyone has any that they want to unload, PM me).

The effects of aniracetam by itself on me are apparently very subtle at best, so I would love to find a way to get a bigger cognitive boost out of it.

Edited by zrbarnes, 08 September 2012 - 04:11 AM.

#7 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:45 AM

Good point about prani, didn't know that. I'll try just aniracetam now as well. And/or noopept like you described, sounds like a plan.

Let's keep posting.

#8 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

I'll have to give just these two substances a trial run together. Unfortunately, I'm just about out of Aniracetam. (If anyone has any that they want to unload, PM me).

The effects of aniracetam by itself on me are apparently very subtle at best, so I would love to find a way to get a bigger cognitive boost out of it.

I hope you find success with this combination. Let us know how it goes for you, whether it turns out well or not.

May I ask what you are attempting to address?

Cheers.

Good point about prani, didn't know that. I'll try just aniracetam now as well. And/or noopept like you described, sounds like a plan.

Let's keep posting.

Have you not taken Aniracetam by its own in the past? If you haven't, I would be interested in knowing how it compares to the Anipept stack, for you.

As I stated, I found the combination highly synergistic (i.e., you get more from both of them together than you could from either of them by themselves, at any dose), but I am interested in trying to gather as much information as possible.

Dank je wel (you are dutch, aren't you? ).

EDIT: Just saw that nl stands for New Labrador (Canada), not Netherlands. Disregard my attempt at dutch!

Edited by Heraclitean, 08 September 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#9 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:08 PM

I've collected some more anecdotal reports from the internet regarding this combo:

- "I would start with aniracetam. Its qualitative effects are superior to all for me. I have social anxiety and it works wonders. I have now added noopept because it adds more energy to the mix. I was taking pramiracetam for energy but I switched to noopept due to the high cost of prami." (http://www.bluelight...t-or-aniracetam)

- "Aniracetam in my experience is more of a mellow semi-anxylotic racetam compared to noopept. It also has a shorter duration than noopept, i'd say aniracetam lasts about 2-4 hours and noopept 4-8. Noopept is more cognitive enhancing ime, but thats with 5-10mg taken sublingually compared to 300-400mg aniracetam orally. Also, noopept can be a bit edgy, and cause anxiety/nervousness in individuals predisposed to those conditions, aniracetam can as well, but much less than noopept.

Recently i've been taking a break from daily 300mg aniracetam and noopept a few times a week, and noticed i'm a bit more chilled as of late. Could be unrelated, but i think for me at least they can cause a bit of tension, and aniracetam as an anxylotic is not exactly cut/dry.

I'd just get both and try them out. They're both pretty interesting, noopept seems like its more effective, especially when used sublingually. Also take some choline with them, it can be dietary from eggs, citicholine, cdp, ect. Doesn't really matter, but without it i get headaches. Too much can give tension headaches as well though, so experiment to find what works best for you. And don't take noopept on an empty stomach if you take it orally, the enzymes will chew it up if they're not occupied with food already. Sublingually seems quicker hitting, more effective, and you don't have to have a meal with it. But it tastes like utter shit, so try and keep it under your tongue as long as possible." (http://www.bluelight...t-or-aniracetam)

- "I would say that it [Noopept] is quite a wonderful compound. It is not really a version of piracetam as piracetam is of the racetam family, while noopept is derived from the racetam family. Thus, it has its own unique properties which are distinct from those of piracetam. I find it to be more stimulating, motivating, and it also possesses more of a clearheaded and mentally sharp feeling than piracetam does. On the other hand, I find piracetam better for creative and abstract thinking, color enhancement, and reading comprehension. Noopept seems to encourage task completion and logical thinking from my experience. Occasionally piracetam can make me sleepy and foggy, so I prefer a nootropic with a more stimulating edge. That is why I prefer to use noopept/aniracetam over piracetam, although I usually combine them both to get the best of both compounds. I tend to use piracetam everyday while in school, while I only take noopept before studying/test taking. Tolerance does occur with piracetam/noopept eventually so I like only use them when I need them most. (http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/noopept)

- "So now I take (daily) 1-1.5g aniracetam, 20-40mg noopept, 3 caps of good quality omega-3, and either a multivitamin pill or a b-vit complex.
After trying this for a week, I think it works quite well in terms of slightly enhancing my cognitive skills and helping with social anxiety a little." (http://www.longecity...ept-aniracetam/)

Edited by Heraclitean, 08 September 2012 - 06:19 PM.

#10 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:38 PM

I do get irritable a bit, I think from noopept. I'll test it a bit, down to 10mg/dat.

Off note: I'm using NeuroStim for aniracetam, which is a premade stack with DMAE and Vinpocetine. Compared to
plain aniracetam it is a bit more "potent" - it definetely makes me more focused and social.

Anyway, technically that adds DMAE and Vinpocetine to my stack..,

#11 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:30 PM

I do get irritable a bit, I think from noopept. I'll test it a bit, down to 10mg/dat.

Off note: I'm using NeuroStim for aniracetam, which is a premade stack with DMAE and Vinpocetine. Compared to
plain aniracetam it is a bit more "potent" - it definetely makes me more focused and social.

Anyway, technically that adds DMAE and Vinpocetine to my stack..,

Some people report irritability from Noopept; also, some people report it from DMAE. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinpocetine also had that effect on some... it seems a perennial risk whenever you are taking something "activating". I notice that I crave alcohol when I take Vinpocetine, and that was why I stopped taking it. Coffee also makes me crave alcohol... all stimulants do, I believe because I associate alcohol with an alleviation of "irritability", an unfortunate throwback to my late teenage years.

Have you taken Aniracetam by itself? Aniracetam=/=Neurostim (I know the blend you are referring to, I've shopped at that store too), DMAE and Vinpocetine are mind-altering in their own right, and in my experience add a different dimension to the Aniracetam.

Also, try taking some B-vitamins, choline, zinc, etc. (i.e. the brain nutrients, you know which ones they are). With the stack you're on, i think it would be an excellent idea, even if you have a good diet. I take brain vitamins when I'm on nootropics, and my diet is good, because if I don't, I get about 50% of the effects I otherwise would (and also more side effects, such as irritability).

#12 victortsoi

• 180 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:08 PM

I took 20 mg noopept (only my second day trying it out) with 300mg alpha gpc and 800 mg piracetam today....I feel very slow and incapable of thinking productively/clearly right now. I should probably try 15mg of noopept alone tommorow, not sure.

#13 victortsoi

• 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 12:12 AM

Does anyone know of the relationship that noopept and choline have?

#14 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

I took 20 mg noopept (only my second day trying it out) with 300mg alpha gpc and 800 mg piracetam today....I feel very slow and incapable of thinking productively/clearly right now. I should probably try 15mg of noopept alone tommorow, not sure.
[...]

I don't know about the choline/noopept specifically but in general I reckon one should take it easy with choline supplementation especially if one has egg/meat in diet already. All the same: what I do know is that I've been taking Noopept at 5-10mg dosages with and without piracetam (800-3200mg) without experiencing any negative effects from the combination, however neither have I experienced any particularly positive synergy between the two compounds.

#15 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Some people report irritability from Noopept; also, some people report it from DMAE. I wouldn't be surprised if Vinpocetine also had that effect on some... it seems a perennial risk whenever you are taking something "activating". I notice that I crave alcohol when I take Vinpocetine, and that was why I stopped taking it. Coffee also makes me crave alcohol... all stimulants do, I believe because I associate alcohol with an alleviation of "irritability", an unfortunate throwback to my late teenage years.

Have you taken Aniracetam by itself? Aniracetam=/=Neurostim (I know the blend you are referring to, I've shopped at that store too), DMAE and Vinpocetine are mind-altering in their own right, and in my experience add a different dimension to the Aniracetam.

Also, try taking some B-vitamins, choline, zinc, etc. (i.e. the brain nutrients, you know which ones they are). With the stack you're on, i think it would be an excellent idea, even if you have a good diet. I take brain vitamins when I'm on nootropics, and my diet is good, because if I don't, I get about 50% of the effects I otherwise would (and also more side effects, such as irritability).

The "irritability effect" has been consistent with aniracetam+noopept, NeuroStim+ noopept. All while taking extra strong multivitamins. At the same time, NeuroStim alone did not have that effect, nor did standalone phenylpiracetam (on the contrary, talk about stimulating....).

So for now I'll leave noopept for what it is. If used at all, I think it should be on demand. I have come to realize that it is really a Big Unknown, so we should be more careful.

Edited by @now, 11 September 2012 - 11:07 AM.

#16 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

I agree that Noopept is uncertain, and ultimately each potential or actual user will have to ascertain their own risk appetite before taking it. For the risk averse, I agree that the current state of research [and limited time on the market] is not sufficient to warrant use.

On the other hand, I view the existing studies as suggesting that significant toxicity is not likely, particularly at lower doses. The structure of the chemical doesn't seem, offhand, to offer any obvious warning signs (it is essentially a proline-glycine dipeptide, I believe), although I admit this last point means little. After having used it often (but certainly not continuously) for about 5 months, I have yet to get any explicit side effects, and my physical and mental health seem absolutely fine (Beyond any obvious effects on my mental sanity, I exercise heavily,and have not noticed any effects in this area... everything seems absolutely normal, except my motivation to go to the gym is higher, making it less of a chore an meaning I put much more into each workout).

Ultimately, though, I think it boils down to every person's risk appetite, although even the less risk averse would probably do well to be cautious, take breaks, not megadose, and be wary of any overt negative changes.

#17 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

It does seem to operate similarly to some racetams, so it stands to reason that noopept supplementation would respond as well as racetam supplementation to optimal nutrition, which means supplementary choline if your diet is deficient. I agree with 8bitmore that if you eat a lot of meat and eggs, then it is probably not necessary, but ultimately I think trial and error is the best we can do at this stage, considering choline is pretty much harmless even in high doses.

#18 victortsoi

• 180 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

I ate a cheesy pasta and the headache seemed to go away...

#19 jayfoxpox

• 67 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Heraclitean,
how do you like this compared aniracetam with piracetam?

#20 Geoffrey

• 218 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:29 PM

I find Noopept a lot smoother than any of the other racetams. By which I mean I get a more consistent effect without sides. I also don't seem to need much if any choline supplementation. So far it hasn't caused me the brain fog which too much of any of the other racetams, with the possible exception of prami, can cause me. The lack of a need for choline, or at least reduced need, certainly helps, because it's very hard to get the racetam/choline ration right. Some days choline seemed to be the culprit of the fog, while on other days I would get a headache from the racetam without it being clear whether the headache was caused by too much or too little choline. In general, I think overdosing choline is one of the causes of frustration people often have with racetams.
  • like x 2

#21 victortsoi

• 180 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

Thats exactly correct! It's so hard because of he choline ratio and the fact that choline seems to build in your system little by little.

#22 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:18 PM

Heraclitean,
how do you like this compared aniracetam with piracetam?

I think this stack is more potent than aniracetam-piracetam. It produces a more noticeable shift from baseline, even though both stacks are clearly psychoactive. This is to be expected, considering that Noopept is more powerful and more potent than Piracetam.

Given the happily economical pricing of Noopept, if sourced appropirately, I would say give it a shot. Of course, subject to the constraint of your risk appetite, as detailed in my post above.

#23 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:49 AM

I saw this thread http://www.longecity...m-irritability/ and wonder if a similar thing might hold for noopept?

It's worse around lunch/dinner time.... So how would I test this? Eat a candy bar the minute I get irritable? I should definetely improve my diet anyway.

#24 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

EDIT: double post.

Edited by Heraclitean, 15 September 2012 - 08:30 AM.

#25 Heraclitean

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

Low carb diets, whilst apparently beneficial in may respects, are taxing to the system and can cause low energy and irritability. I try and eat low carb, but carb up every few days because failure to do so causes a noticeable drop in energy levels. Having low energy, but being besieged by demands, can make you irritable (because deep down all you REALLY want to do is rest).

Fats also seem (according to anectodal reports) to help racetams work better, so if you are on a low fat diet that may be something to think about.

Taking stimulants on -racetams have made me irritable in the past. Caffeine is not strong enough to elicit this effect, but I combined Piracetam with Modafinil about 4 years ago for a period of about a month, and it precipitated the breakup of my relationship because I became cold and harsh almost constantly.

Another is sleep: if you are taking the drugs too close to bed, it may be causing you to have less refreshing sleep. This is speculation, but it doesn't seem far fetched to me that this may be the case at least with some people. Of course, consistent mild sleep deprivation will also cause low energy levels, and hence irritability, via the mechanism mentioned in the first paragraph.

#26 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Agreed and thanks. I did a one day test yesterday, and it seemed better. Sleep was so-so, but I took noopept fairly late (8PM).

Also, I checked the information for noopept (insert is available translated from Russian, just search). It states that you should take 2-3x10mg spread evenly over the day. Might be that 20mg at once gives more side effects.

Finally, I realized that over the last few weeks my muscles (shoulder, hamstrings, ....) are twitching. Coincidence or CNS stimulant side effect? Need to pause (sadly) completely to find out...

Edited by @now, 15 September 2012 - 09:00 AM.

#27 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Those with irritability: when you feel this way, has anyone tried taking magnesium (a bio available form), or l-theanine?

#28 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 05:11 PM

Just added magnesium (supplement) today...

#29 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

It's early, but after twp days of adding magnesium things feel better. Both muscles and mood. I'll see how it goes.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 @now

• 100 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

For the past 10 days I've swapped aniracetam for pramiracetam, and the last few days Choline for Alpha GPC. The results are amazing. I'm fully concentrated all day and get a LOT done. More nicely, I suffer from the occasional migraine for which I use triptans....but not anymore.

Any side effects I had with aniracetam (muscle twitches mostly) are also gone.

Current stack, in the morning:
- 10mg noopept
- 300mg Alpha GPC
- 500mg pramiracetam
- a "chewable" OTC multivitamin
- one fish oil capsule
- a cup of coffee

Around lunch:
- 300mg Alpha GPC
-10mg noopept
- a cup of coffee

The coffee seems to potentiate even more (though caffein normally doesn't effect me). Anyway, it has a very strong "hello world" feel that builds up over time.

Now I'll need to figure out how to cycle it (and optionally, with what) while keeping the benefits.

Edited by @now, 12 October 2012 - 05:42 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, aniracetam, nootropic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users