- - - - -

Minimum Daily Dose of C60

c60 metrics markers

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Rare

• 5 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:41 PM

I'm going to have to reverse myself again on this one. Sorry about that. Hives again, no ubiquinol but C60. This has happened with both brands of C60.

Yours is not the first case of a skin reaction. I've given C60 to 2 unrelated dogs and they both ended up with itchy skin, one much more so than the other. I'm still battling the problem, which has persisted in one dog for about 3 months after just a few doses. Needless to say I won't be giving it to them again.

Hi Turnbuckle,

I work with dogs and wonder if the skin conditions ever got better on your dogs. 

I want to give C60 to my dog and your experience worries me a little.

I have helped a few dogs get rid of itchy skin conditions, including mange, by feeding raw food and particularly by making sure none of the meat has never been frozen.

Here is an article I wrote about feeding raw food to dogs. http://www.ronitcorr...dogs-an-article

The skin reaction was from something else, not from C60. I noted no C60 age reversal with one dog, but quite a bit with the other. The effect lasted about a year and a half before fading, and subsequent doses provided no improvement. 

Ok. So not related to C60. That sounds better to my ears! 

If I remember correctly you gave a high dose then none for a while? Please refresh my memory. Could it be it needs to be given in smaller more frequent doses.

#32 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:15 AM

The skin reaction was from something else, not from C60. I noted no C60 age reversal with one dog, but quite a bit with the other. The effect lasted about a year and a half before fading, and subsequent doses provided no improvement. 

Do you have an theories why there was no subsequent benefits to the administration of c60, say stem cell depletion? Were the dogs particularly old?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:19 AM

Do you have an theories why there was no subsequent benefits to the administration of c60, say stem cell depletion? Were the dogs particularly old?

I can't draw any conclusions from one dog, but I and several others here have noted a fading of C60 effects with time. The reason remains unknown, but it's easy to speculate that, if C60 is doing something to increase ATP production (either by blocking UCP pores, reducing methylation of mtDNA, acting as a super antioxidant, or dragging grafted polyphenols into the mitochondria with it), and if can stimulate mitochondria in stem cells, then it would wake them up as that is the switch for turning them on. Ultimately, however, the boost from C60 is like the boost from mitochondrial fusion--it increases ATP production but does nothing to cull defective mitochondria, and thus ATP production ultimately declines. 

As for stem cells, there may be a sub-population of them that is readily stimulated by C60 and that is used up.

As for the possibility of C60 dragging polyphenols into mitochondria, see this post where I experimented with grafting Coq10 to C60 using red light--

First trials with C60/MCT + CoQ10 + red light:

The mix was a fresh prep of C60 in MCT oil stirred for one week in the dark and not filtered. The C60 was in excess of the solubility limit as some particles remained and the fluid was turbid. To this I added 3mg/ml COQ10 powder and stirred for an hour. This might also be in excess of the solubility limit.

½ teaspoon produced no noticeable exercise benefit at all. Pretty much a zero. The next day I exposed it to 2 minutes of red light as described above, and took another ½ teaspoon. I didn’t think there would be any effect as I didn't give it much light and I didn’t initially feel anything, however I was wrong about that. Anaerobic exercise capacity was noticeably higher than any trial reported above with HT. I haven’t any experience with mitoQ, but I imagine that C60 is acting in a similar manner, dragging CoQ10 adducts into the mitochondria. Later I did get a slight head effect—a slight pressure that was vaguely unpleasant. This could be the result of too much coffee, however.

Years ago I'd added CoQ10 to C60/EVOO and found no benefit, so it appears that irradiation makes all the difference. The CoQ10 has to be attached and red light appears to create reactive sites sufficient to do that.

The best approach, possibly, is to employ a program of forced fission/fusion to restore mitochondria to a healthy state throughout the body, and then use C60 sparingly at the peak of mito health and mito mass. (See Manipulating mitochondrial dynamics.) This is an experiment for the near future. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 14 November 2017 - 11:29 AM.

#34 ambivalent

• 745 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:13 PM

Well, I am considering starting c60 again after a break of 7 months and several weeks from NR, N+R in the not too distant future. 

It doesn't seem especially surprising that the effects of regular dosing would wear off from just from an intuitive sense of homeostasis; however, it seems surprising some benefits wouldn't be retrieved after such a long interval between doses.

As for stem cells, there may be a sub-population of them that is readily stimulated by C60 and that is used up.

​How might that sub-population be defined, a catalyst threshold? If so, won't stimulation of the rest of the cells be dose dependent and (guessing) over time the threshold limit would drop thus allowing c60 to stimulate them?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, metrics, markers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users