• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#1351 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

thought Dihexa was supposed to be hard to preserve. Wouldn't shipping it by mail significantly degrade it? I may be gone when it arrives, in which case it will be sitting in my mailbox for in hot weather for a day or two.

#1352 mike_nyc

• 46 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

I also see it available for purchase here:

http://www.activepep...product/dihexa/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1353 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:25 AM

I would prefer to take it orally would 150 mg dihexa to 5 ml DMSo to 1 ml of water be a good start?

We use, by volume, 25% DMSO and 75% distilled H2O to get the burn down.

Do you mix dsmo and water first and then dissolve Dihexa?

#1354 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:41 AM

I would prefer to take it orally would 150 mg dihexa to 5 ml DMSo to 1 ml of water be a good start?

We use, by volume, 25% DMSO and 75% distilled H2O to get the burn down.

Do you mix dsmo and water first and then dissolve Dihexa?

DMSO+dihexa first.  Let it sit for about an hour.  Then add enough water to get the exothermic reaction out of the way.  It forms a bit of a gel so you may want to agitate it a bit.  I use an eye-dropper to draw up the gel and expel it repeatedly.

#1355 plumper76

• 51 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

I have a silly question but I'm a little brain fogged so I just want to be sure. Are you guys storing the powder in the freezer or the solution? If I'm going to use the solution within two weeks or less can i just use the fridge?

#1356 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

Read the paper I linked to upstream. The answer seems to be yes—you can just put the DMSO solution in the fridge and it will be just fine.

#1357 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

To be filed under anecdotal and possibly apocryphal:

An acquaintance has been taking 5mg/day for a few weeks.  He reports significant remission of, previously increasingly-debilitating, symptoms of self-diagnosed neurosarcoidosis so severe that he has been unable to take a walk outside by himself for about a year.  He says the (debilitating) pain is gone and he took a walk today for the first time in a long time.  

I only post this publicly because:

• There are so few people with actual neurodegenerative conditions taking dihexa (and reporting about their experiences).
  • The dihexa research showed efficacy only in case of neurological damage.
  • The change in symptoms is somewhat consistent with dihexa research.
  • The change in symptoms is significant enough to be relatively unambiguous.

Less reliably reported is that, although far more subjective, he claims his cognition is improved.

Edited by jabowery, 05 May 2015 - 07:21 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#1358 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Can't edit so here's an erratum:

Quoting the subject: cumulative "max 30 mg over ten days not every day...  striking results at cumulative dose of no more than 0.5 mg /kg...  about 80 kg"

Further quote to clarify: "if you divide ...  30 mg by 80 kg you get 3/8 mg/kg"

His wife corroborates his observations.

An acquaintance has been taking 5mg/day for a few weeks.  He reports significant remission of, previously increasingly-debilitating, symptoms of self-diagnosed neurosarcoidosis so severe that he has been unable to take a walk outside by himself for about a year.  He says the (debilitating) pain is gone and he took a walk today for the first time in a long time.  

• There are so few people with actual neurodegenerative conditions taking dihexa (and reporting about their experiences).

Less reliably reported is that, although far more subjective, he claims his cognition is improved.

#1359 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 02:07 AM

Is anyone else worried that, if this substance does indeed induce crazy synaptogenesis in humans and that if the effects it gives are shy of boosting intelligence, it probably means WE will never find something that practically increases intelligence?

Edited by sparkk51, 09 May 2015 - 02:07 AM.

#1360 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:43 AM

Has anyone tried olive oil mix to help absorption instead of DMSO?

#1361 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:16 AM

Thoughts on adding lions mane and semax to dihexa?

Edited by Ark, 09 May 2015 - 07:38 AM.

#1362 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

Also wouldn't taking dihexa preworkout be a good idea or would first thing in the morning/just before bed be the best dosing protocol?

#1363 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:11 PM

His wife now reports that subsequent to termination of dihexa dosage a week ago, he has been experiencing symptoms very similar to amphetamine overdose.  

Quoting the subject: cumulative "max 30 mg over ten days not every day...  striking results at cumulative dose of no more than 0.5 mg /kg...  about 80 kg"

#1364 neuralis

• 84 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 May 2015 - 04:33 AM

Someone mentioned vaping dihexa. Wouldn't the heat degrade/destroy it?

Edited by neuralis, 10 May 2015 - 04:56 AM.

• like x 2

#1365 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 05:46 PM

His wife reports: CT scan showed no tumor.  He has been in the ER since last night.

His wife now reports that subsequent to termination of dihexa dosage a week ago, he has been experiencing symptoms very similar to amphetamine overdose.  

• Informative x 1

#1366 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:28 PM

Wife (paraphrased): He's been transferred to a psychiatric ward.  Spinal fluid indicates no infection.  All tests point to no physical cause.  He's refusing all treatment and "His thinking is really confused."

Oh, and just in case one of those monstrous busy-bodies is reading this, I did warn him, when (March 6, 2015) he asked me my opinion of the effects of dihexa:

James Bowery -  4:25 PM

I can only say this: My subjective impression is that it lifts mental fog as well as anything and does so fairly rapidly. This could be placebo effect of course. The strongest evidence I have for any kind of efficacy is that the Medicare nurses that visit Jan regularly over the last year report they've seen improvement in her condition.
However, there is a caveat that you, in particular, should probably take seriouslly: http://www.reddit.co...a_again/cl1b751
"you'll be stimulating the growth of any hidden brain tumors 10,000,000 fold, so that sucks, and you're crazy if you're under 60 and use it deliberately. "

Acquaintance 4:27 PM
yes, well, there is that
good point

He chose to go ahead and self-medicate with dihexa after concluding that the warning about tumors did not apply to his self-diagnosed condition of neurosarcoidosis.  Of course, now that CAT scan indicates no tumor, given the low cumulative dose compared to that taken by tens of others -- including animal models -- others that, as far as we know, have exhibited no such pathology, the week hiatus in dosage prior to the appearance of pathology and the remission of prior pathology just prior to the appearance of new pathology, it is difficult to conclude that dihexa is a contributing factor.  This is compounded by the fact that he was self-medicating in a variety of ways that have not been documented and may never be known in their entirety, including psychoactive substances.

Spoiler

Edited by jabowery, 11 May 2015 - 06:45 PM.

#1367 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

Sorry to read that.

#1368 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

As far a I can tell the dihexa I got from Nyles7 isn't real. I have felt no effects whatsoever, and I injected it intravenously.

I have not read further than this post, but just a quick comment, I got the same effects from Nyles7 dihexa that xks described.

I used it intranasally and to me is active in very low doses.

#1369 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

God damn.  His dendrites have woven themselves tighter than a spider's web, into a traffic jam.  His brain mass must have increased 10% in a very short time.  Hopefully in time it will turn over the unneeded nodes.

#1370 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:38 PM

God damn.  His dendrites have woven themselves tighter than a spider's web, into a traffic jam.  His brain mass must have increased 10% in a very short time.  Hopefully in time it will turn over the unneeded nodes.

So why hasn't that happened to the others, including the animal models?

#1371 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:10 PM

Wife (paraphrased): He's been transferred to a psychiatric ward. Spinal fluid indicates no infection. All tests point to no physical cause. He's refusing all treatment and "His thinking is really confused."

Oh, and just in case one of those monstrous busy-bodies is reading this, I did warn him, when (March 6, 2015) he asked me my opinion of the effects of dihexa:

James Bowery - 4:25 PM

I can only say this: My subjective impression is that it lifts mental fog as well as anything and does so fairly rapidly. This could be placebo effect of course. The strongest evidence I have for any kind of efficacy is that the Medicare nurses that visit Jan regularly over the last year report they've seen improvement in her condition.
However, there is a caveat that you, in particular, should probably take seriouslly: http://www.reddit.co...a_again/cl1b751
"you'll be stimulating the growth of any hidden brain tumors 10,000,000 fold, so that sucks, and you're crazy if you're under 60 and use it deliberately. "

Acquaintance - 4:27 PM
yes, well, there is that
good point

He chose to go ahead and self-medicate with dihexa after concluding that the warning about tumors did not apply to his self-diagnosed condition of neurosarcoidosis. Of course, now that CAT scan indicates no tumor, given the low cumulative dose compared to that taken by tens of others -- including animal models -- others that, as far as we know, have exhibited no such pathology, the week hiatus in dosage prior to the appearance of pathology and the remission of prior pathology just prior to the appearance of new pathology, it is difficult to conclude that dihexa is a contributing factor. This is compounded by the fact that he was self-medicating in a variety of ways that have not been documented and may never be known in their entirety, including psychoactive substances.
Spoiler
While this is sad to read, I'm not sure if this guys problems came from Dihexa. So many other factors, although if others note similar effects and we can establish a pattern at which point we should shit ourselves. But some extra caution is noted for all these untested substances like this.

Edited by Ark, 11 May 2015 - 11:12 PM.

#1372 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 11:47 PM

The anonymous student on reddit did say:

if you use it, expect to develop autistic like symptoms... synesthesia, ironically intermittent mild tremors, random memory loss during simple task completion, inability to properly recognize certain objects or features of objects (e.g. perceive edges or other features that aren't actually there)... 

those negative symptoms mentioned earlier are not my own, those are from chronically exposed idiots who had it manufactured overseas for ~$1,000/gram

So now it seems that it is important to try to verify the existence of these "chronically exposed idiots", the NMR of the substance they took, the amounts they took and the administration protocols.

Does anyone have any connection to this history direct or indirect other than the aforementioned anonymous student?

Wife (paraphrased): He's been transferred to a psychiatric ward. Spinal fluid indicates no infection. All tests point to no physical cause. He's refusing all treatment and "His thinking is really confused."

Oh, and just in case one of those monstrous busy-bodies is reading this, I did warn him, when (March 6, 2015) he asked me my opinion of the effects of dihexa:

James Bowery - 4:25 PM

However, there is a caveat that you, in particular, should probably take seriouslly: http://www.reddit.co...a_again/cl1b751

Acquaintance - 4:27 PM
yes, well, there is that
good point

He chose to go ahead and self-medicate with dihexa after concluding that the warning about tumors did not apply to his self-diagnosed condition of neurosarcoidosis. Of course, now that CAT scan indicates no tumor, given the low cumulative dose compared to that taken by tens of others -- including animal models -- others that, as far as we know, have exhibited no such pathology, the week hiatus in dosage prior to the appearance of pathology and the remission of prior pathology just prior to the appearance of new pathology, it is difficult to conclude that dihexa is a contributing factor. This is compounded by the fact that he was self-medicating in a variety of ways that have not been documented and may never be known in their entirety, including psychoactive substances.
Spoiler
While this is sad to read, I'm not sure if this guys problems came from Dihexa. So many other factors, although if others note similar effects and we can establish a pattern at which point we should shit ourselves. But some extra caution is noted for all these untested substances like this.

#1373 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:32 PM

Hopefully a unique reaction due to contraindicated drugs or a senstiive individual biochemistry.

Did he use a normal dose over a normal span of time?  He may have used too much.

#1374 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

Hopefully a unique reaction due to contraindicated drugs or a senstiive individual biochemistry.

Did he use a normal dose over a normal span of time?  He may have used too much.

As documented already, he used far less than most.

#1375 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

Also I noticed many of the examples, DMSO was used with Dihexa. For that and other reasons I will be using olive oil,piperine and grapefruit juice to help with the absorption instead.

Edited by Ark, 12 May 2015 - 05:00 PM.

#1376 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

He has been discharged from the psych ward.  What follows is an IM conversation with him today (stripped of identifying information).  The "pain" he refers to is a chronic condition he's had for a couple of years that prevented him from being able to work.  It seemed exacerbated by bright light.  He is not currently suffering from these symptoms -- but, again, attributing this to Dihexa is not warranted given the uncontrolled circumstance, although he seems convince it is due to Dihexa that these symptoms are in remission:

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
Jame
ss
James it is i
Week+ in psych ward
But
Pain is gone
At least for now
Dihexa extremely f****ng powerful imo

James Bowery:
I had a dream about you last night.
You were recovering.
You were drawing a cartoon. "Hindsight is turtles all the way back."
I'm relieved.
If you can remember all the things you took leading up to the episode and write them down, it would be helpful.

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
(wife) thinks that that is a good idea
so we will be doing that
i can tell you this much
let us assume it was all due to dihexa
that is
ok
i was also taking medical cannabis
and some salvia -- not much
and 4acodmt but not for several months previous
so ignore all but the dihexa
always in dmso according to your instructions

James Bowery:
Well, the problem is I've been unable to locate any attested accounts that correspond to your experience. There was only one third hand, pseudonymous account that might correspond and I haven't been able to get any further information on it.

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
we agree that the total dose of dihexa in dmso
over two weeks or so
was certainly less than 50 mg
probably 30 mg
conclusion
DIHEXA IS STRONG

James Bowery:
I can say this: The visual phenomenon that I experienced, if it was caused by dihexa, might, if analogously applied to more central nervous system function, result in a period of "reprogramming" of sorts, with a subsequent disappearance of symptoms.

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
DON'T FUCK WITH DIHEXA UNLESS YOU ARE DESPERATE
AND THEN, USE THE DMSO SOLVENT METHOD
what happened to me was that my short term / working memory
(there is a distinction but i don't understand it)
was hugely diminished
so that i needed to concentrate on just the two or three items in memory
and any attempt to move off that center and interact with others
crippled my mind

James Bowery:
another moral to this story: if you're taking dihexa, RELIGIOUSLY take cognitive tests on a frequent basis.

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
i could think all right
k well that was enough for me
i don't think the tests would help
rather
TAKE VERY LITTLE AND TAKE IT SLOWLY
unless you are a lab rat in which case the signtists will take care of you
and remove you from the swimming tank
before you perish
in most cases
but 50 mg/day or whatever people are proposing
is ludicrous

James Bowery:
well what would help in this situation is to see if you have fully recovered short term/working memory

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
yeah, i think i have
it is better i think
i'll be nbacking from time to time k?

James Bowery:
well removal of the pain, alone, might account for better short term/working memory. pain is like a continual priority interrupt.

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
Abnormalities of the cranial nerves are present 50-70% of cases. The most common abnormality is involvement of the facial nerve, which may lead to reduced power on one or both sides of the face (65% resp 35% of all cranial nerve cases), followed by reduction in visual perception due to optic nerve involvement. Rarer symptoms are double vision (oculomotor nerve, trochlear nerve or abducens nerve), decreased sensation of the face (trigeminal nerve), hearing loss or vertigo (vestibulocochlear nerve), swallowing problems (glossopharyngeal nerve) and weakness of the shoulder muscles (accessory nerve) or the tongue (hypoglossal nerve). Visual problems may also be the result of papilledema (swelling of the optic disc) due to obstruction by granulomas of the normal cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) circulation.[1]
weakness of the shoulder muscles (accessory nerve) or the tongue (hypoglossal nerve)

James Bowery:
k

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
i had that i believe
and it is better now
nude photos showing before/after
muscle mass

James Bowery:
do you mind if I strip your identifying information and share the key parts of this chat with the dihexa users at longecity?
i'll run it past you first

Anecdotal Dihexa User:
not at all sir go 2 it

James Bowery:
thanks
Spoiler

#1377 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:32 AM

Hi I just got some Dihexa in today. First impressions (10mg dose): verbal fluency improved dramatically. I feel overall sharper, could be placebo.

Could anyone suggest some kind of blood tests or other diagnostic lab work I could get done to check that Dihexa is not interfering with the rest of my body?

I am going to be sticking to a diet absolutely packed full of veggies in order to offset the risks associated with increased rates of angiogenesis. I do have some delicious salad recipes complete with beans to keep my stomach happy!

Edited by Fenix_, 23 May 2015 - 01:33 AM.

#1378 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:52 AM

In retrospect after being off this drug for several months and remembering certain changes while on it I will add to my experience:

I believe it gave me hypomania I flipped out at people so many times and was unable to compromise illogical positions at all. Said many borderline racist/ homophobic things to the wrong crowd and was extremely pissed that they were offended (some jew comment in regards to someone being cheap). I am usually quite calm, in fact lacking emotion.

There were some social changes not neccesarily for the better, I was a fuckin horn dog every time I saw a women I'd almost always try to get their number or something. The ladies for the most part were not that interested I was like really intense during that time so I don't blame them. Some were, but that approach is not usually my style. But I was confident and didn't really care what people thought of me. I also had an abundance of energy during those days at the same time slept well.

Mood wise, no change to the depression, bouts of hypomania.

Sleep wise, I seemed to sleep well but my med combo seems to be doing its job too. 

Cognitive ability, no change.

Social ability, more confident but more assholish/ uncaring.

At the time I didn't notice any changes but I think my behavioural changes are quite obvious in retrospect. Not sure if I will try dihexa again, both for monetary reasons and I don't know if it had enough benefit to take such an unknown substance.

Edited by drg, 23 May 2015 - 02:56 AM.

• Cheerful x 2

#1379 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:54 AM

Ok so it looks like a comprehensive metabolic panel, which includes tests for liver function, would be the best way to go with blood work. I am thinking a hormone panel would be worthwhile too, as angiotensin regulates aldosterone (not sure about AngIV specifically?). Where is the best place to have these done, and for a reasonable price? I found a hormone saliva test online, but nothing for blood work. And I doubt most GPs would be willing to order these panels for healthy patients. I am going to call Labcorp and Quest tomorrow to see if they will do personal tests. I will be keeping an eye on blood pressure as well.

Edited by Fenix_, 23 May 2015 - 02:58 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1380 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

I will be keeping an eye on blood pressure as well.

I agree; at the very least, a sphygmomanometer should be a fundamental component of all of our ‘arsenals.’

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users